As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Volunteering Across the World

CatnipCatCatnipCat Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I have come to H/A, because I require help and or advice. I was considering doing some work overseas, see the world, help some people, etc etc.

I've hit a point in my life where if I'm going to do something like this, there won't be a better time. Just graduated with a bachelor's, working crap jobs, recently single, there's not really anything substantial that would be negative affected by leaving the country for a bit.

I've looked into the Peace Corps, and they seem to be pretty good, they have great programs that work with grad schools for degrees, and other perks. I was just wondering where to find other programs that maybe deal more with construction in underdeveloped countries, or something a little more architecture related where I have better expertise.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these kinds of programs or knew where to look. I'm kinda worried about going with a small organization and getting into some kind of scam.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CatnipCat on