Options

[DnD 4e] Darkness and Torment (OOC)

• Options
    AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It should be, yeah. I skipped over that when making the map since it wasn't in grey and I assumed it was IC.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Drat, I'll have to do some changing with my summons positioning. But! I can at least get CA with something.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There! Now whomever is at D3 has CA, and both Drow forces are nearly completely surrounded.

Please mark them too so they take free damage on the start of their turns.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm just noting my hit points in Aegof's update...I wasn't hit by that burst (I was far away) I don't think?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, not sure what happened there.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    soxboxsoxbox Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If the enemy aren't moving and making stealth checks, they shouldn't be hidden from us - if they are making stealth checks it would be useful to know what we need to beat on an active perception to track them down. It's fairly impossible to make any plans if there's no way to figure out where they are.

I take it that force A is adjacent to me somewhere so that I can hit them with hack and hew?

soxbox on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    There's all sorts of stuff I'm deliberately not telling you. The exact nature of the darkness, how the Drow are hiding from you in it, where the game's story is probably going to go...

I will tell you that a worthwhile perception check in (or into) the darkness requires at least a minor action, and that I <3 knowledge checks (free action(Arcana and Religion seem pertinent, don't they?)).

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Oh, and you don't get the +2 for combat advantage against me because I have the uncanny dodge feat - I don't think that turns any of the hits against me into a miss, but keep in mind in the future.

soxbox on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, I'd rather have rolled that 3 on one of my attacks, most of those would still hit with that roll. I doubt I'll be finding anyone with my Perception check, but hopefully the Religion check turns up something useful.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So long as I'm assuming public knowledge checks, I'll mention that you are, of course, free to request secret ones. By PM if you want them double-secret. I'll even roll it for you so it doesn't show on Orokos' records, for triple-ultra secret secrets.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    Alkey42Alkey42 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am not sure I see the advantage of secret checks...

I sort of assumed if somebody makes a check, and you spoiler the result, we aren't supposed to look at them. I like that, makes it seem more like the PC really knows something, instead of somebody needs to beat a roll to be fed information. If you wanted to make the whole psychic communication thing a game mechanic, you could pm all checks, that's find with me, either way.

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey Aegof, what kind of a check would it be to try and determine how to disrupt the darkness ritual?

Also, I'm a lying liarface. The area for Visions of Avarice is indeed one square; however, this won't have changed any of the actions that have taken place so far. The zone can still hit all of the drow it attempted to hit, and targets pulled adjacent to the zone are immobilized, so all of the drow who were immobilized, save ends, would have still had that condition inflicted on them.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm working off of the psychic communication thing, yeah. A lot of this will be intelligence, which I assume allied forces will share. If you guys would rather results be secret until you share them, we can do that instead.

I'm not sure what advantage secret checks could give, either, but we've got at least one guy in a position of power working for one of the most evil beings in existence. There are plenty of reasons for secrets in that alone.\

Saurfang: Since it's partially constructed by Divine magic, Religion seems a safe bet, no?

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Keen. What kind of an action would that check be?

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You could try shooting a magic missile at the darkness?:lol:

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Let's call it a minor action.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Orokos is a fickle mistress. I think my next submission will be an Avenger who worships Orokos as a deity. Maybe that will help?

I updated the initiative block since it had the reticulum as the SC and didn't list the SC at all. I also took the mark off of A since I think it ran out since the end of Mareka's last turn.

FYI waiting to see if anybody else can piece the darkness. I am guessing B is the one who started it so if I can find B I will take a shot at it, otherwise at D. Either way the SC will block D from escaping.

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Man, I'm doin' badly with the number pile in this game. Do you guys wanna take those over? I'd still keep in and updated for enemy posts, but you guys seem to be keeping better track of things than I am.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I think we can probably just be responsible for updating it at the end of each turn--that cool with everyone?

Saurfang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Works for me.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sorry, flaked out yesterday and short on time today, but I posted the rest of my actions at least. I didn't update the full stat block as Alkey needs to clarify who he was targeting, he applied the damage to C but has them listed at E4 instead of I4 and doesn't have D's position noted (who actually is at E4). Regardless of who he targeted, my turn stands as it is.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    oops, yeah sorry I had just copied the block from Saurfang and didn't check it for accuracy. I attacked C.

edited my IC post with corrections

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So are we just waiting for Oakhammer's turn, now?

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yes

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    What's in F4? I can't seem to see anything any anybody's post to explain that green circle.

soxbox on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It's the Visions of Avarice effect, shrunk down to reflect its actual size.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If I shift into the darkness, I'll have CA against army D, correct?

If not, I'll wait for the obedient servant to move out of the way so that I can get CA from there to get the Sneak in the Attack bonus. (Or is the obedient servant able to trigger sneak in the attack?)

soxbox on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You will have CA, if there is nothing there, one of the armies, I think it's A, has been camping there before.
    Not sure about clockwork solider.

Also, AR shifted to G7. On the map they are still in G6

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Eh, guess I'll stop being coy about it.
    The Drow can see into the darkness fine. You'll need to flank to get CA.

The map has been corrected.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I thought Ander has used being on the edge of the darkness to get sneak attack damage at one point, that is what I was going off of.

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    He also happened to have flanking at the time, as I recall.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Lookin' for a turn from Oakhammer, the Crusaders and Mareka.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I was kind of waiting to find out what the others were planning on doing so I could synch up my summons with them if CA or other things were needed.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It seemed to me oakhammer was going to finish off C, so I gave him CA against it, I think he should be able to take it out if he hits. Then he can charge at D? I think the contstruct doesn't need to move, ander may be relying on it for CA. Unless you can do something AOEish in the darkness, I would say just attack D, or use up your turns doing skill checks on the darkness.

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I was waiting for the construct to move aside so that I could move into that position to get flanking so that I could get CA against army D and trigger sneak in the attack.

soxbox on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ok, how about, move construct to D4, if there is nothing there. Although I don't know how OA's work with the construct, or if a construct can be used to flank or not. Is a construct considered an ally?

Anyway, if construct was at D4, and Mareka moves to F5, then if oakhammer drops C he can then charge D and flank with the construct. But if it's too risky for the construct, then you can just shift it to F4 and not worry about Oakhammer getting another attack. If all goes well D shouldn't last a round anyway.

I think there is a decent change the drow will retreat rather than fight 1-3 even in darkness, of course after that our DM will proabaly turn the torture dens into S&M golems. +10 damage if attacked from behind.

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Someone fill me in on this 'construct', because when you say construct, I think Mareka because he's a warforged or our Sharmind because they're a shardmind.

My summons is a summons, not a construct.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Aegof, can Anders (the guy in D3) see Eladrin Force D or is he blocked by line of sight of the cloud? This question is mainly to determine if he is eligible to flank or not.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also, what is in F4 (that green thing on the map)? It's not listed in the initiative block and there's been no recent action creating or moving anything into that space.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sorry I was refering to your clockwork solider as a construct. I can see how that would get confusing.

not to be a smart ass...
    Aegof wrote: »
    This is more complicated than I thought it was gonna be. It looks like you guys've cleared it up mostly; do I still need to clarify?

EDIT: Guess I should mention that yes, you can see out of the zone, but only if you're at the edge of it.
    soxbox wrote: »
    What's in F4? I can't seem to see anything any anybody's post to explain that green circle.
    Aegof wrote: »
    It's the Visions of Avarice effect, shrunk down to reflect its actual size.

Alkey42 on