As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bluetooth MIA

ToldoToldo But actually,WeegianRegistered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I just made the move from a Mac to a PC and I'm learning the ropes, and Bluetooth seems to be giving me some problems. I'm trying to pair my Apple wireless keyboard with my laptop, but the computer just won't pick it up. Bluetooth controls aren't showing up in the control panel either--and yes, I know there's a Bluetooth module installed.

I've been trying to pair the keyboard with the add a device wizard, but like I said, it won't discover it. Is there any way I can manually control Bluetooth on my laptop? I'm using Win 7 Pro.

Toldo on

• Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is the bluetooth radio turned on?

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Spudge wrote: »
    Is the bluetooth radio turned on?

I probably should have made that a little clearer... I honestly have no idea--there are no Bluetooth controls in the control panel.

Toldo on
  • Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Generally on PC laptops, the Bluetooth radio is controlled alongside the Wireless radio. If your WiFi is turned on, but you see no Bluetooth, it's most likely malfunctioning. Check your device manager for your BT radio info. If there's none, either it's not there physically or the drivers have never been installed.

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Problem solved. My blind self was unable to see that FN + F12 actually turned the Bluetooth on.

Toldo on