As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[True Blood] #2 (Book Spoilers Likely) - Last Ep Season 3 Finale "Evil Is Going On"

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hooray Jessica and Hoyt!

Also Eric and Pam are weirdly sweet.

And Eric remains a badass.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Holy shit, the look Jessica had when Hoyt said to drink him. <3 Envy is one word that comes to mind. Sexy is another. That was hotter than Bill and Sookie's angry makeup sex.

The Russell thing has been a huge let down. He killed an Anchorman and said he wanted to eat our kids, on live television. Where the fuck is the fallout? Dude is moving pretty freely for someone who should be the World's most wanted criminal.

And where is the panic? People should be flipping their shit right about now. The show really mishandled this one. If they wanted to keep it small, they shouldn't have had Russell do something that public.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Holy shit, the look Jessica had when Hoyt said to drink him. <3 Envy is one word that comes to mind. Sexy is another. That was hotter than Bill and Sookie's angry makeup sex.

The Russell thing has been a huge let down. He killed an Anchorman and said he wanted to eat our kids, on live television. Where the fuck is the fallout? Dude is moving pretty freely for someone who should be the World's most wanted criminal.

And where is the panic? People should be flipping their shit right about now. The show really mishandled this one. If they wanted to keep it small, they shouldn't have had Russell do something that public.

Well, to be fair on one point at least, Russell can move freely since he can fly. >.> He's not exactly easy to track in the dark, and humans don't know about the vampire hierarchy, so they're not going to track him to Fangtasia. >.>

Aurin on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yes, but the Vampire League should have someone (thing) tracking him now. This can't just be Eric's problem anymore. There is no keeping it on the DL when he, as previously stated, killed an anchorman and threatened to eat our children on live tv.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Tommy was pathetic and sad, yeah, but that's totally at odds with his asshole ways.

Not really.

He's acting more or less consistently like a kid who grew up with a terrible home life.

MrMister on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    He's used to being abused and fighting to get his way, but when he goes too far, realizes it too late and tries to beg forgiveness. Like a lot of abused people.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    MrMister wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Tommy was pathetic and sad, yeah, but that's totally at odds with his asshole ways.

Not really.

He's acting more or less consistently like a kid who grew up with a terrible home life.

He's acting just like Sam was at his age. All the way down to stealing/robbing.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I wasn't really expecting another sam/tara lovefest.
    Kind of just thrown in there to keep up to standards.

Also
    I was really confused with what was going on during, what was the box with the green lights? An alarm system?

And Tommy is cutting wires to keep the alarm system from going off . . . becaaaaaaaaause?

Final thought,
    The car scene where Bill and Sookie are talking about their perfect life together, sounds kind of boring, really boring even. How do you go about having a normal life as a vampire anyway? I think my favorite part of the episode is Russel stopping the car + Bill/Eric 'fighting'.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ooooooh - the handcuffs were made out of silver. I just got that. I don't know why I become so dumb when I watch TV shows.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hooray Jessica and Hoyt!

I'm glad that they're finally done treading water. This show has an unfortunate habit of having 'storylines' where the characters just say and do the same things over and over with no actual plot movement. (I'm looking at you Maryann).

I love Pam and Eric. But I am a little worried that they're going to turn him into a complete adorable puppy. C'mon, he's an undead viking prince. He can't have a 100% heart of gold.

MrMister on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ED! wrote: »
    Ooooooh - the handcuffs were made out of silver. I just got that. I don't know why I become so dumb when I watch TV shows.

Happens to me too sometimes.
    I think Eric mentions this as he puts them on though.

Also use spoiler tags?

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2010
    Also
    I was really confused with what was going on during, what was the box with the green lights? An alarm system?

And Tommy is cutting wires to keep the alarm system from going off . . . becaaaaaaaaause?

With regards to your Tommy spoiler up there, there is a safe filled with lots of MaryAnn's money... enough to let Merlott do whatever he wanted to do with his life up until this point. Pretty sure he still has that money.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Also

With regards to your Tommy spoiler up there, there is a safe filled with lots of MaryAnn's money... enough to let Merlott do whatever he wanted to do with his life up until this point. Pretty sure he still has that money.

Derp. I thought he gave the money back to Maryann? Or did she not take it with her after her first Merlott's visit?

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2010
    Also

Derp. I thought he gave the money back to Maryann? Or did she not take it with her after her first Merlott's visit?

The money meant NOTHING to her. So I always assumed she never took it.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also

The money meant NOTHING to her. So I always assumed she never took it.

Meh, I suppose. Either way Tommy's a douche.:P

Also, am I the only one who didn't like Pam's cheesy dialog this time?
    'I need a drink'? . . . really?

I mean I like most of her one liners, and most of her dialog from this episode was good and heartfelt crap for Eric, but I literally laughed out loud at this.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MrMister wrote: »

I love Pam and Eric. But I am a little worried that they're going to turn him into a complete adorable puppy. C'mon, he's an undead viking prince. He can't have a 100% heart of gold.

Jayne syndrome.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Yes, but the Vampire League should have someone (thing) tracking him now. This can't just be Eric's problem anymore. There is no keeping it on the DL when he, as previously stated, killed an anchorman and threatened to eat our children on live tv.

It'll probably be a throwaway line in some future season as a "funny joke". Like how the government is still looking for Russell vigilantly and the writers will pat themselves on the back for making an Osama Bin Laden reference and being "edgy".

That said I completely agree that we should have seen the Vampire League's reaction, I don't really care for scenes of protest or rioting against vampires though. The hate-graffiti on Fangtasia and KKK cross burning at Bill's house was more than enough to get across "yes, people are pissed about this".

Lanlaorn on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    For the conversation in the car:
    In their "normal" life, bill isn't a vampire. He's a human 3rd grade teacher, who loves his job.

I liked this episode, and high-fived my wife twice. Once when Jessica started consuming Hoyt, and the other when Eric Handcuffed Russel and Pam's crying.

The best moment for me is when Eric's like, " Don't let them see, Don't let them see." I'm like that all the time.

belligerent on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In their "normal" life, bill isn't a vampire. He's a human 3rd grade teacher, who loves his job.

I liked this episode, and high-fived my wife twice. Once when Jessica started consuming Hoyt, and the other when Eric Handcuffed Russel and Pam's crying.

The best moment for me is when Eric's like, " Don't let them see, Don't let them see." I'm like that all the time.
    Burning at the touch of sunlight?

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ZeroCow wrote: »

Grab the silver, I'll bring the wooden bullets.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    BABOOBABOO Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ZeroCow wrote: »

Grab the silver, I'll bring the wooden bullets.

Oooooooooooooooooh! You sly devil you!

BABOO on
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Umm, are those cameras video feeds that they were watching in Fangtasia recording? Sending a copy of that to the media and FBI would be one way to make the execution of Russel public to help mend things. Of course, not sure if it is generally well known among those who want to do the vamps harm that they are vulnerable to sunlight or even that Eric wants others to even know a source of part-faery blood is out there and it is useful for partial daywalking.

Oh, and I thought Pam just showed us a pretty effective way of administering silver to vamps that even their speed would have trouble with, spray down an entire room with that stuff and break out the stakes while they are weak and blind. I was thinking silver net guns before that, but what about colloidal silver grenades, sort of like tear gas only for vamps?

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Umm, are those cameras video feeds that they were watching in Fangtasia recording? Sending a copy of that to the media and FBI would be one way to make the execution of Russel public to help mend things. Of course, not sure if it is generally well known among those who want to do the vamps harm that they are vulnerable to sunlight or even that Eric wants others to even know a source of part-faery blood is out there and it is useful for partial daywalking.

Good point, lol spoilers lol.
    Another thing I noticed is didn't the V-league woman say she wanted Russel's fangs? How is Eric going to give them if he's ashes?

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My thoughts on this episode.:

God, can this show make me love Pam any more? So awesome this episode.

I'm tired of Tara getting busy and still managing to keep her bra firmly on.

Drunk Sam is the best worst drunk father. Tommy's response to getting chewed out and fired was well done.

The way Eric and Russell act when outside in the sun was beautifully presented. It was like they were in the presence of God.

Jessica is basically the sexiest thing ever when she's about to feed. I could watch an entire show of her feeding.

I don't think it's possible for there to be too much Eric the manipulator/chess master.

Fuck Bill. Seriously, I know they're trying to keep them together, but I want Sookie to ditch him ASAP. That goddamned car conversation made me want to gag.

I liked that the implications of V on the world are starting to be addressed.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So, Russell is 3000 years old, and if Eric
    slaps a silver handcuff onto one wrist, shouldn't Russell still have enough strength to rip Eric's freaking arm off?

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    slaps a silver handcuff onto one wrist, shouldn't Russell still have enough strength to rip Eric's freaking arm off?

It appears that no matter how old the vampire is, silver is massively debilitating to them. Silver chains draped across Bill's limbs and not tied to anything were enough to keep him on the ground and immobile in the first episode of the series.

My favorites from this episode:

The weird Buffy-esque goblin head that Lafayette saw on Jesus, and Lafayette's (totally reasonable) response.

The weird little voodoo dolls dancing around in Lafayette's house, and with the extra-spooky one screaming his name. Jesus's grandfather sending Lafayette bad juju, I wonder? Next season should be good!

The new witchalok waitress is starting to grow on me. I like her. Very down-to-earth about her witchiness.

Jason proving, once again, that while he's dumb as a rock, he really CAN tell when somebody "ain't right." And as a prior poster mentioned, kudos to the show for starting to extrapolate what the presence of V would mean for the larger world.

It was refreshing seeing Tara not cry this episode.

Hoyt's mama, the woman I love to hate, is back, and apparently manipulating Summer. If any of this results in Hoyt and Jessica breaking up and/or Jessica's death, though, I will be super pissed.

Russell still has the urn! :)

Eric's totally non-chalant acquiesence to Russell demanding that Eric go first out into the sunlight. Eric is an ice-cold motherfucker.

The "In Memoriam" at the beginning started off hilarious, and then ended on a surprisingly moving note with Gran and Godric.

The Post Mortem. I think the writers and Alan Ball realize just how ridiculous Sookie being part-fairy sounds. This is their damage control. :)

Brian888 on
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think they lose a lot of their strength in the sunlight.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Brian888 wrote: »

She cried when she went to visit egg's gravestone, and yeah it would have been refreshing.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

She cried when she went to visit egg's gravestone, and yeah it would have been refreshing.

I'd blocked that scene out of my memory. Thanks for reminding me, jerk!

;)

Brian888 on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Post Mortem. I think the writers and Alan Ball realize just how ridiculous Sookie being part-fairy sounds. This is their damage control

To be fair, the point they made was very valid. When people hear the word fairy, it's use has been perverted from the original term (fae) to mean tinker bells (or gay people as a derogatory version). The elves of Lord of the Rings are more in keeping with what Fae meant originally: A race of beings with magical powers who are way older than humans or nearly any other "race" of people.

There's a reason that Russell says they were a myth from when he was turned.

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Teriferin wrote: »
    I think they lose a lot of their strength in the sunlight.
    No it's definitely the silver handcuffs. We've seen just a couple episodes ago Bill using his super speed while in the sunlight after noticing "huh, this isn't so bad this time around, but I'm slowly starting to burn up so let's get in the shade".

On the other hand, silver is just ridiculous at completely incapacitating them. As someone else mentioned in the very first episode a chain laid across Bill is sufficient to keep him down and just this episode choking Pam with a silver chain kept her entirely subdued when, if she had full use of her powers, she could have easily torn off Ekaterina's head from that position.

It's a bit silly but that's how this setting is working it. In the fellowship of the sun arc in the episode where Eric is captured and lying on the church altar with silver draped on him, I was actually watching that with someone who had never seen True Blood before and when Sookie just knocks the chains off she exclaims "What the fuck, they weren't even attached to anything?"

I wonder how much silver it takes, would a silver bullet lodged in a vampire completely debilitate them too?

Lanlaorn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It seems that silver is basically vampire kryptonite when it's in contact with their skin.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

;)

At least she was more enjoyable than annoying this episode. That stare had me laughing because I've been the subject of a stare like that. It's not the best feeling in the world.

I did find it odd how fast she got in the saddle with someone given that she's been the subject of horrible abuse AND just found out the truth about the love of her life.

I guess alcohol and a grade A "fuck it" attitude are keys to getting over such things.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    She basically reverted to her Season 1 personality. Given all the bullshit that's happened, I can't really blame her.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »

;)

At least she was more enjoyable than annoying this episode. That stare had me laughing because I've been the subject of a stare like that. It's not the best feeling in the world.

I did find it odd how fast she got in the saddle with someone given that she's been the subject of horrible abuse AND just found out the truth about the love of her life.

I guess alcohol and a grade A "fuck it" attitude are keys to getting over such things.

She had a thing with Sam before so it's not completely random.

Lanlaorn on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Someone please tell me that there's no way in hell
    Eric's dead.

Because I may completely lose interest in this show if that's true.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Eric's dead.

I think that they're going to pretend that he died the entire episode, until the last couple minutes. Then bring him back as a cliffhanger for next season. With some cheesy line like "What? You didn't think I was really gone did you?" *roll credits*

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Eric's dead.

I think that they're going to pretend that he died the entire episode, until the last couple minutes. Then bring him back as a cliffhanger for next season. With some cheesy line like "What? You didn't think I was really gone did you?" *roll credits*

Well, if they're going to even REMOTELY stay true to the book, it can't be. It's vital to pretty much every storyline from here on out.

However, book spoilers:
    Sookie is also supposed to be basically done with Bill by this point and well on her way to hooking up permanently with Eric. I see it as entirely feasible that they could kill off Eric and use Bill as the long-term love interest instead because, well... Anna Paquin is probably a lot more comfortable fucking her now husband on camera than she would be Alexander Skarsgard.

So, I could see them killing off Eric to keep Sookie and Bill together. However, if they're going to do that, then they're completely abandoning the books. Bill practically disappears after book 3, I think, once Sookie finds out he was basically sent to hunt her down for Sophie-Anne, and Eric steps in to fulfill all necessary manly duties. :winky:

Taramoor on
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Eric's dead.

Well, if they're going to even REMOTELY stay true to the book, it can't be. It's vital to pretty much every storyline from here on out.

However, book spoilers:
    Sookie is also supposed to be basically done with Bill by this point and well on her way to hooking up permanently with Eric. I see it as entirely feasible that they could kill off Eric and use Bill as the long-term love interest instead because, well... Anna Paquin is probably a lot more comfortable fucking her now husband on camera than she would be Alexander Skarsgard.

So, I could see them killing off Eric to keep Sookie and Bill together. However, if they're going to do that, then they're completely abandoning the books. Bill practically disappears after book 3, I think, once Sookie finds out he was basically sent to hunt her down for Sophie-Anne, and Eric steps in to fulfill all necessary manly duties. :winky:

I honestly like Bill better anyway than Eric.

C2B on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Damn Sam was cold as ice, he's tired of being walked all over by everyone, don't blame him.

Huzzah for Hoyt and Jessica.

Found this, know you Hoyt and Jessica fans will like it:

Cade on