As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finding an Xbox wireless receiver for Windows

LorkLork Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I've been using Microsoft's wireless mic with my 360 for a while now, and it's pretty great. It'd be even greater if I could use it with my PC though. In order to do that, I'd need this little doohickey. The only problem is that Microsoft, in their infinite hatred of PC gaming, has decided to stop making them for no discernible reason.

So I can't get one at the usual places, but I want one. And of course, I want the real deal, not one of those Chinese counterfeits that have apparently been making the rounds.

Does anybody know of a place I can buy one of these and be sure it isn't a fake? Preferably one that ships to Canada.

Steam Profile: Lork
Lork on

• Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I believe they still sell the official dongle in a pack with a wireless controller.

Arrath on
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It seems you're right, although that makes it $70 as opposed to $25, which I can't afford right now. I suppose I could go with that later if no other options pop up in the meantime. Thanks.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    they stopped selling them seperatly like 2 years ago, so you can only get them with wireless controllers for windows, or the wireless headsets for windows I think include one too, not entirely sure, but you already have a headset anyway.

you could try ebay I guess, but than you risk getting a knock-off. or at best a used one.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Amazon has the Controller + Receiver for $39.99.

user on