As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ghostbusters game from ZootFly

ab5olut3zeroab5olut3zero Registered User new member
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
Ok- I'm new around here, so please don't come raining down on me too hard if I make a few mistakes in this.

Has anyone heard anything about the game ZootFly was developing for the X-Box 360 based on an updated Ghostbusters?
I saw some video of it on YouTube, and I was pretty well impressed. I heard some people say that it was a mod on another game, but after a small bit of research, I believe on IGN's website, it was said to be a real game. I also heard that it had been stalled in production due to some sort of licensing problems.
Has anyone heard anything new about this game?
Would anyone be willing to play said game if it is released?
Would anyone be willing to try to help keep this game going, if such a thing is possible?
I'm sorry for not having a link to it, but if you want to go and see for yourself, you should be able to search on YouTube something to the effect of 'Ghosbusters ZootFly game' to find the videos.
As I said I thought the graphics were really impressive, and the gameplay looked like it would be pretty fun.
Please- let me know what y'all think.

Z out.
ab5olut3zero on

• Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    There's already a thread about this.. I believe...

Also, you're not the real AbsoluteZero.

slash000 on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm sorry for not having a link to it, but if you want to go and see for yourself, you should be able to search on YouTube something to the effect of 'Ghosbusters ZootFly game' to find the videos.

You know, with this information you could have come up with a link yourself.

Marathon on
  • Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Are you actually a developer from ZootFly? It'd be nice if you weren't so cryptic. :-/

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • Options
    ab5olut3zeroab5olut3zero Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    Look- I've had the name Ab5olut3Zero for the last 4 years. The name came from a character I came up with and have been trying to write an illustrated novel about for the last 3 or so years. Second, I'm not being cryptic, I have no information. I'm not a ZootFly developer, I'm a Ghostbusters nerd. I'm looking to see if anyone would be willing to keep this game alive, but apparently y'all are too busy discussing my name or whether or not I'm a friggin ZootFly developer. I didn't even know the company existed until 5 days ago.
    Third, I told you- I'm new here. There are thousands of threads on this forum, and I have a life so I can't read them all, and wouldn't even if I could. How am I supposed to know what has and hasn't been said before?

Thanks for the help.

ab5olut3zero on
    Z out.
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    How am I supposed to know what has and hasn't been said before?

Thanks for the help.

By lurking, but yeah. I think at present you know about as much as we do. THere are some videos on youtube, there's a company called zootfly, it looks a bit crappy.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    The interview on Gamespot kinda gave me some chuckles. That guy seemed so certain that getting a license for the IP would be a cakewalk. The problem is, Sony owns the Ghostbusters IP and it will NEVER happen.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Look- I've had the name Ab5olut3Zero for the last 4 years. The name came from a character I came up with and have been trying to write an illustrated novel about for the last 3 or so years. Second, I'm not being cryptic, I have no information. I'm not a ZootFly developer, I'm a Ghostbusters nerd. I'm looking to see if anyone would be willing to keep this game alive, but apparently y'all are too busy discussing my name or whether or not I'm a friggin ZootFly developer. I didn't even know the company existed until 5 days ago.
    Third, I told you- I'm new here. There are thousands of threads on this forum, and I have a life so I can't read them all, and wouldn't even if I could. How am I supposed to know what has and hasn't been said before?

Thanks for the help.

There's a search button in the top right. There's also google search which will generally pull up all the information that there is to have about the project.

Basically it's either a clever way to get extra publicity for their generic ghost busting game. Or they really are trying to get the license for their Ghostbusters game. Beyond that your guess is as good as anyones

Rook on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    He's still not the real AbsoluteZero.

Tube better step up on his game and get this locked.

C'mon Tube, DO YOUR JOB.

Squashua on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Look- I've had the name Ab5olut3Zero for the last 4 years. The name came from a character I came up with and have been trying to write an illustrated novel about for the last 3 or so years.

In your ::sigh:: illustrated "novel," do you spell it out like that? Ab5olut3Zero? If so, that is not a good sign.

Also, ... I couldn't help it.

Dirty on
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dirty wrote:
    Look- I've had the name Ab5olut3Zero for the last 4 years. The name came from a character I came up with and have been trying to write an illustrated novel about for the last 3 or so years.

In your ::sigh:: illustrated "novel," do you spell it out like that? Ab5olut3Zero? If so, that is not a good sign.

But numbers make it "l33t" as you youngins' say.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17062

hmmm..he's been here almost 4 years himself.

HMMM.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Inspector Gadget and Phoenix Wright had sex and that's how AbsoluteZero got his avatar.

Squashua on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Squashua wrote:
    Inspector Gadget and Phoenix Wright had sex and that's how AbsoluteZero got his avatar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_Bebop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Spiegel

Side note: Man, GIS'ing Cowboy Bebop is totally not safe for doing in class.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Squashua wrote:

C'mon Tube, DO YOUR JOB.

He's an admin.*

Let the mods handle stuff like this ok.

*<shudder>

ToadTheMushroom on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Squashua wrote:

C'mon Tube, DO YOUR JOB.

He's an admin.*

Let the mods handle stuff like this ok.

*<shudder>

HAY ECHO!

Squashua on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ludious wrote:
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17062

hmmm..he's been here almost 4 years himself.

HMMM.

hes also a damn cool guy.

Veevee on
  • Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    http://www.gbprops.com/forums/archive/post/Fan_Film_Info-1520-15.html

Alright, so his rabid Ghostbuster fan alibi holds to some extent.

This topic still seems awkward, like someone said you could find that information on your own with everything you've provided. It seems very much like you were trying to string us along.

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's not happening and it's not going to happen for a long time.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    :lol:

Silpheed on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1073844911

One thread per topic, one topic per thread.

Captain K on
This discussion has been closed.