As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Lair of the Shadow Broker rules and you should buy it

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My Mass Effect 2 just shipped.
    Yay!

Is Tali ever going to find new armour? Not that it really matters, since her shields are practically impossible to take down.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tali's got a much smaller set of armors she can wear, but there are a few. Keep an eye out for Colossus armor, 'cuz it's the best.

Orca on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I always ask for Quarian at the end of Bring Down the Sky.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Wait so is it possible for Wrex to be for saving the rachni? You'd think that one would be locked in stone.

My favorite is bringing Wrex and Garrus to that one.

Wrex: My people were slaughtered killing these things. Don't let them come back.
    Garrus: We can't do that without asking the Council. Genocide is one of the reasons we fought the kroga...uhh.
    Wrex: Yes, Vakarian?

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Garrus/Wrex conversations were some of my favorite from that game. Garrus has no sense of what the genophage means until he says something, looks at Wrex, and is honor-bound to not retract it.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've completed an Adept run on Normal and a Vanguard run on Veternan, and I'm finally taking off the training wheels with an Infiltrator run on Insanity. It's been a blast so far, challenging without being too frustrating. Incidentally, finishing ME2 on Insanity will bring me over 20,000 Gamerscore, which is a hell of an achievement to get for such a milestone.

I'm about to go to Horizon, so I'm looking for some advice on how to make it a little less painful. I'm level 15 and have maxed out Tactical Cloak (assassination) and my class passive (assassin). I have a single point in Flashbang Grenade as a bonus power (I only want tech abilities). Should I put more points into Incinerate to deal with armor, or go for Squad Cryo to better deal with Husks?

As for squaddies, I'm thinking of taking Zaeed for his Incisor, Inferno Grenade and Concussive shot, all of which will be useful against the Collectors. Plus he's pretty non-squishy. Who else should I take? I'm leaning towards Grunt, but is there someone else who would give me better odds? I'm expecting Horizon to take quite a few tries.

Sneakman on
    Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Grunt is good.
    Jack is also nice thanks to Shockwave.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah...as for squadmates who are always useful.

Grunt and Miranda are pretty much tops. They're good in any situation.

Grunt because of how tough he is, and Miranda because she has overload and warp. Kasumi is also pretty good if you have her. Thane and Garrus too.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sneakman wrote: »
    I've completed an Adept run on Normal and a Vanguard run on Veternan, and I'm finally taking off the training wheels with an Infiltrator run on Insanity. It's been a blast so far, challenging without being too frustrating. Incidentally, finishing ME2 on Insanity will bring me over 20,000 Gamerscore, which is a hell of an achievement to get for such a milestone.

I'm about to go to Horizon, so I'm looking for some advice on how to make it a little less painful. I'm level 15 and have maxed out Tactical Cloak (assassination) and my class passive (assassin). I have a single point in Flashbang Grenade as a bonus power (I only want tech abilities). Should I put more points into Incinerate to deal with armor, or go for Squad Cryo to better deal with Husks?

As for squaddies, I'm thinking of taking Zaeed for his Incisor, Inferno Grenade and Concussive shot, all of which will be useful against the Collectors. Plus he's pretty non-squishy. Who else should I take? I'm leaning towards Grunt, but is there someone else who would give me better odds? I'm expecting Horizon to take quite a few tries.

Miranda is always good for Warp and her passive bonus to weapons damage (assuming you've got points in those).

Ethereal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dammit, Adept on Insanity is hard in the beginning. Glad I took Energy Drain as my bonus.

Sneakman:

Incisor is kind of the cheat gun - it's glitched so that your squadmates do as much damage with it as you do, and they're extremely accurate with it. Max out Zaeed's class power fo weapon damage and he'll tear through almost anything with it. Ditto Thane. I recommend against Incisor on your squadmates because it makes things too easy, but for where you are now the most effective thing would be to bring Zaeed and Garrus with two Incisors - they'll chew through Collectors, Scions, Harbinger, Husks, just everybody.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Incisor is kind of the cheat gun - it's glitched so that your squadmates do as much damage with it as you do, and they're extremely accurate with it.

I thought the Incisor was glitched when I used it on Shepard for Mordin's recruitment mission. I would only pick up 1 extra round for each thermal clip I picked up. That's how it works for the 10-round Mantis, but the Incisor stores 45 rounds. Made it hard to keep using for that mission, so I switched it out for the Mantis at the nearest weapon locker and haven't looked back.

I didn't know the Incisor was glitched for squad damage though. That certainly explains how I mowed through Purgatory with Zaeed and Garrus last night with relative ease. Even the YMIR mechs didn't give me much trouble. And here I thought I was actually pretty good! Damn.

Sneakman on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Dr. WormDr. Worm Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Turambar wrote: »

I heart you.

I like this a helluva lot more than I should.

Dr. Worm on
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We now need a 8 bit Mass Effect remake

C2B on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Leinna wrote: »
    Wow, Ashley is such a space-Nazi that even WREX wants to save the council more than her :-/

Y'know, those guys who 'neutered his entire race'. :-/

The way Mass Effect 1 works is that party slot determines what they say, not personality. There will always be a Paragon and a Renegade advisor, and which is which has nothing to do with the characters normal behavior.

You sure? Wrex has always been the one to go "screw the Council" with me. How does one determine the party slot?

Yes I'm sure. It's solely determined by who you picked first and second when composing your party. Sometimes you'll have Liara be all bloodthirsty "BATHE THE RACHNI IN ACID AHRWARHIRG" and "KILL THE COUNCIL I HUNGER FOR FLESH"

It has nothing to do with personality, everything to do with slot.

To their credit it seems to fit the personality of pretty much everyone to be for and against.

given the situation.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Wow, Ashley is such a space-Nazi that even WREX wants to save the council more than her :-/

The way Mass Effect 1 works is that party slot determines what they say, not personality. There will always be a Paragon and a Renegade advisor, and which is which has nothing to do with the characters normal behavior.

You sure? Wrex has always been the one to go "screw the Council" with me. How does one determine the party slot?

Yes I'm sure. It's solely determined by who you picked first and second when composing your party. Sometimes you'll have Liara be all bloodthirsty "BATHE THE RACHNI IN ACID AHRWARHIRG" and "KILL THE COUNCIL I HUNGER FOR FLESH"

To their credit it seems to fit the personality of pretty much everyone to be for and against.

given the situation.

One of my favorite little touches is that Ashley is always for destroying the Rachni... unless it's her and Wrex on your squad. Then she argues about how you can't play God and such, then if you talk to her on the ship afterward she remembers what she said as opposed to her stock "Bad idea, skip." line that she spouts if she argued for killing them or if she wasn't there.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Taramoor wrote: »

given the situation.

One of my favorite little touches is that Ashley is always for destroying the Rachni... unless it's her and Wrex on your squad. Then she argues about how you can't play God and such, then if you talk to her on the ship afterward she remembers what she said as opposed to her stock "Bad idea, skip." line that she spouts if she argued for killing them or if she wasn't there.

Space Hitler.

Ok, the joke is really old now. Sorry.

Actually,....... Ashley's my cannon ME1 romance.

C2B on
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Now we need an 8-bit remix of The End Run.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    C2B wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »

given the situation.

Space Hitler.

Ok, the joke is really old now. Sorry.

Actually,....... Ashley's my cannon ME1 romance.

Bit of an odd romance, mind you.. I suppose being fired out of one is better than being told to babysit a nuke.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    Bit of an odd romance, mind you.. I suppose being fired out of one is better than being told to babysit a nuke.

Yes, I left her by the nuke. Happy?

2nd cannon romance was Tali

She died too on the suicide mission.....

C2B on
  • Options
    ShujaaShujaa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I really enjoyed getting Ashley killed on my Renegade playthrough today.

Shujaa on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Man, what is it with you and firing your team mates out of artillery pieces? Sadistic bastard.
    Shujaa wrote: »

Honestly, I think I've only ever gotten Ashley to babysit a nuke once.. every time.. every single time I always get Kaiden to babysit the nuke. Ashley may be space nazi but at least she can give entertaining speeches about space jews (Volus).

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Shujaa wrote: »

Now that I stop and think about it, I've never once nuked Ashley through any of my 8 Mass Effect playthroughs. My last time through I did her romance and it was... unbearable, to say the least. If I ever pick the game up in the future I will have to correct my mistakes and make sure she gets converted into radioactive dust.

Sneakman on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Man, what is it with you and firing your team mates out of artillery pieces? Sadistic bastard.

What can I say?

I'm a better lover than a boyfriend.

C2B on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I plan to put ashley on babysitting duty for most of my ME runs since she didn't seem like she would be happy as anything but a soldier dieing in combat.

BTW, how do I fire the cain? I was trying to stop the batarian separatists and I could get my nuke off to clear a path.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ashley always babysits my nukes. Kaiden is my bro.

At least he is in ME1, then becomes a dick later cause I didn't call him while dead and update my status on Space Facebook.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Korlash wrote: »
    I finally bought this, after pretty much forgetting about this game after the terrible subject zero trailer.

The "streamlining" isn't as bad as I thought it would be, although I kinda miss having an inventory.

Super early game "spoilers":
    "I'm sorry Sheppard, I have a memory block which blah blah blah..."

I am totally destroying that AI before the end of the game, if given the chance.

Also, I find it a bit weird that Sheppard is all "hmm, Cerberus seems familiar, but untrustworthy!" Didn't they unleash a tresher maw on some colonists "for science!", amongst other things? I was looking for options allowing me to raise this issue with the Illusive man, but found nothing. I took every option that allowed me to show reserve about working with Cerberus, but I still think they convince him to work for them way too easily.

You'd do that to EDI? That's like murdering a stutterer for not being able to say "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    BTW, how do I fire the cain? I was trying to stop the batarian separatists and I could get my nuke off to clear a path.
    You have to hold the fire button for 4 seconds.

Enough time to say a short prayer.

Turambar on
  • Options
    ShujaaShujaa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also, I'm sick of Ashley's ridiculous pink and white colour scheme.

Shujaa on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Who are you people going to nail in ME3?

C2B on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    All of them.

Turambar on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Takes a long time to fire, hold it down. Also you need 100% or more ammo per shot, otherwise you got nothing.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

AND I NEED YOU TO RECOVER

BECAUSE I CAN'T MAKE IT ON MY OWN

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    All of them.

My ME3 will end in a great space orgy with all races, the reapers and the geth.

Everyone will be happy

C2B on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    All of them.

Everyone will be happy

Geth design

for her pleasure

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    :rotate::rotate:
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    All of them.

Everyone will be happy

Geth design

for her pleasure

Satisfaction guaranteed. :winky:

envoy1 on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    envoy1 wrote: »
    All of them.

Everyone will be happy

Geth design

for her pleasure

fully equipped and programmed in multiple techniques.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Korlash wrote: »
    I finally bought this, after pretty much forgetting about this game after the terrible subject zero trailer.

The "streamlining" isn't as bad as I thought it would be, although I kinda miss having an inventory.

Super early game "spoilers":
    "I'm sorry Sheppard, I have a memory block which blah blah blah..."

I am totally destroying that AI before the end of the game, if given the chance.

Also, I find it a bit weird that Sheppard is all "hmm, Cerberus seems familiar, but untrustworthy!" Didn't they unleash a tresher maw on some colonists "for science!", amongst other things? I was looking for options allowing me to raise this issue with the Illusive man, but found nothing. I took every option that allowed me to show reserve about working with Cerberus, but I still think they convince him to work for them way too easily.
    About that spoiler, don't get your hopes up. You don't get a real chance to yell at cerberus until the very endgame. And even then, they're untouchable. :x

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ashley always babysits my nukes. Kaiden is my bro.

At least he is in ME1, then becomes a dick later cause I didn't call him while dead and update my status on Space Facebook.

I like Kaiden more as a character, but it is hard to send Ashley to her death. For whatever reason, Kaiden seems like he is more ready to face it. Even though its tragic, it seems like he has a better grasp of the situation or at least is more at peace with it. Plus the flare ups from his biotics, even though his arent as severe as others...

Egos on
  • Options
    KlorgnumKlorgnum Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    envoy1 wrote: »
    All of them.

Everyone will be happy

Geth design

for her pleasure

fully equipped and programmed in multiple techniques.

With reach and flexibility.

Klorgnum on