As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMA X: Captain Guillotine: Fear the man who has practiced one choke 10,000 times

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You can officially put me in the "Not a fan of Bruce Leeroy" camp. If some of his antics were actually funny, I might like him, but he's just completely immature. Bleach in the fabric softener? What? Time to grow up, bro.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh yeah, I am loving the fight I am seeing Nam Phan put on so far in the 1st round.

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Hell yes!

We're all proud of you ChillyWilly.

By the way, what did you get banned for? Racist comments against french people?

Is B:L a race unto himself?

Then yes. Racist comments. :P
    Congrats on getting those medals in that SNAKE tournament.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited October 2010
    I believe I'm missing the joke, B.

EDIT: Nevermind. My old WoW memories just came flooding back to me.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    why did you opt for medals instead of the sword?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited October 2010
    Swords are for the kids and teens. I could have changed my medals to swords, I believe, but it costs extra. Plus, I just like medals more.

ChillyWilly on
  • doug_grammardoug_grammar Registered User
    edited October 2010

BONUS.

Celebrating with my lady :D:
    37962_605200247258_56704575_34263704_8257044_n.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed my grappling picture extravaganza.

That's odd. I thought you only won two awards. You're clearly holding three trophies in that picture. (winkwinknudgenudge)

Seriously though, respect. Props. I also love how you look much more happier and content than the 1st and 2nd place winners in the Gi tourney.

It really shows who's the real winner (other than the 1st place and 2nd place guy) 1st in No-Gi though? That's just straight up ballin'

doug_grammar on
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Good episode of TUF. Highlights: Mean French Muay Thai drunk and a nice body shot from Nam Phan in round two.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Spoilers for the ep outcome:
    I was still rooting for Spencer even at the end, but I gotta admit Nam ruled the fight pretty much from that first takedown. Of course, Koscheck has to go and ruin a hard-fought, clean victory by being a dick about it. (Perhaps I'm riding GSP's nuts too closely, but I doubt Nam's victory had anything to do with the coaching he received. As Kos himself noted, he was the most experienced, and they spent a couple minutes going over the insane training Phan puts himself through over and above what Kos already does.)

Oh, look. Next episode, Kos is a dick. And it's spreading to his team! Wow. This is like season 10's "Will Kimbo get back in the competition?"

And yeah, that Muay Thai guy was awesome. The way he was throwing around guys so casually reminds me of something Bruce Lee (not Leeroy) supposedly said: don't be afraid of the guy who's practiced 10000 kicks once, be afraid of the guy who's practiced one kick 10000 times. i.e., He may be almost overspecialized in Muay Thai...but that makes him good enough at it to handily fuck up more "well-rounded" fighters.

Shadowen on
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the nicest man in MMA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tcq0_cdCqo

Venkman90 on
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TUF Episode:

Drunk French Shirtless Man was awesome. Good fight, too. And of course, Josh Koscheck keeps cementing his douchebag profile whenever he gets the chance.

It would be a travesty if Koscheck gets anything less than pounded into oblivion by GSP when they fight.

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    edited October 2010
    I can only hope Joe Rogan's Tae Kwon Do kick advice clears the path to a victory for GSP.

I hope GSP kicks Koschek's torso off is what I'm getting at here.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kos' pathetic attempts at trash-talking are making me miss Sonnen and Toney. Guy can't even go 5 seconds without stopping to laugh at one of his alleged "jokes", mixed in with awkward silence. You can't be a good trash-talker if you're pausing every other line trying to think of something to say.

Very impressed with Nam Phan, even though I had Paige winning until he hurt his shin. Paige was firing kicks like Cro Cop should, and Phan was walking right through them. He reminds me of a classic Mexican boxer: a little on the slow side but always pressing forward, excellent cardio, heavy body shots on offense.

LOL @ Phan getting side control, then totally ignoring "Coach" Koscheck.
    Koscheck: Elbows!
    Phan: *doesn't throw any elbows, attempts kimura*

I don't get how Bruce Leeroy can still be going on about winning ONE fight. It wasn't exactly for the UFC title, either.

B:L wrote: »
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Apparently Sherdog and uh, EA are creating a reality show:

http://easportsmma.sherdog.com/
    Wow, this could be interesting.

More of a personal "apprentice" style training camp for these guys rather than tossing them through a Koscheck-style grinder.

It sounds like the MMA version of WWE NXT, like how TUF is the MMA version of WWE Tough Enough.

BubbaT on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Plus he got lucky as hell because that was the ugliest triangle I've ever seen.

I love Koscheck's "trash talking" because he's only making himself look bad, GSP's just not giving him any room to work and it's glorious.

Peen on
    twitch.tv/tw1tch0rz
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Carwin vs Roy Nelson is confirmed now
    I will be fighting Roy Nelson on 1-1-11 in Las Vegas Nevada. The fight will be the C0-Main Event of the Edgar Maynard rematch.

I think Roy is a tough opponent for anyone. He has been in several main event situations and has fought a lot of veterans in the sport. I am honored to be fighting again and feel like Roy is a worth opponent.

My goal for the fight is to be exciting and go home with the win. I have a lot to prove as does Roy so this should make for a great fight.

Thanks for all of your continued support.

-Carwin

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited October 2010
    First JDS and now Carwin. Dana White doesn't care about fat people.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
    edited October 2010
    phan is awesome
    apparantly he runs his own gym

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited October 2010
    Ugh. I hate that fight, much as I love Roy; they need to do Roy vs. Mir, I don't care who's won what lately. I want my big man grappling match!

Peen on
    twitch.tv/tw1tch0rz
    edited October 2010
    Peen wrote: »
    Ugh. I hate that fight, much as I love Roy; they need to do Roy vs. Mir, I don't care who's won what lately. I want my big man grappling match!

I am very keen for an epic Jits match right now, like 3 rounds of escapes, attempts, transitions and then a late 3rd round sub of epic proportions.

Venkman90 on
  • adytumadytum Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Roy vs. Mir would most likely be a stand up boxing fight.

adytum on
  • [Tycho?][Tycho?] Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Good job Chilly on your NAGA wins, that must have been a blast.

That French muay thai guy on TUF was hilarious. Gets loaded before practice? Well, ok, he kicked everyone's ass anyway.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
    edited October 2010
    It was a blast. There's at least 3 other tourneys next year that I'm planning on hitting up next year in addition to possibly having an amateur fight next summer/fall.

That stuff is all way in the future, though. I'm just worried about training right now.

ChillyWilly on
  • adytumadytum Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Willy, what are the NAGA weight classes like?

adytum on
    edited October 2010
    From their website:

Bantam Weight (129.9 lbs. & Under)

Fly Weight (130 lbs. to 139.9 lbs.)

Feather Weight (140 lbs. to 149.9 lbs.)

Light Weight (150 lbs. to 159.9 lbs.)

Welter Weight (160 lbs. to 169.9 lbs.)

Middle Weight (170 lbs. to 179.9 lbs.)

Light Heavy Weight (180 lbs. to 189.9 lbs.)

Cruiser Weight (190 lbs. to 199.9 lbs.)

Heavy Weight (200 lbs. to 224.9 lbs.)

Super Heavy Weight (225 lbs. & Above)

I was Heavyweight, as I weighed in at 218.2. By the next tournament, I hope to be down in Cruiser or maybe even LHW. As you can see from my pictures, I was pretty much the shortest guy in my division, which means I've got some extra weight I could stand to lose.

I'm strong, but I'd be even stronger if I dropped some fat and my weight was more towards the muscle side than the chub side. Luckily, the conditioning at the gym I go to is pretty awesome.

ChillyWilly on
  • SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    adytum wrote: »

Sad but true. It seems to have become law that when 2 guys with good Ground games meet all we get is a crappy boxing match.

Snarfmaster on
    edited October 2010

Sad but true. It seems to have become law that when 2 guys with good Ground games meet all we get is a crappy boxing match.

roy and mir have grappled once before, it wasnt anything awesomely awesome and roy has only gotten fatter since then, I doubt mir wants to risk being under that belly

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited October 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

roy and mir have grappled once before, it wasnt anything awesomely awesome and roy has only gotten fatter since then, I doubt mir wants to risk being under that belly

"How you supposed to get tha moon off you?"

ChillyWilly on
  • SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

"How you supposed to get tha moon off you?"

That's no moon... that's 5 years of stored concentrated burger king."

Snarfmaster on
    edited October 2010

Also true, watching Hughes and Renzo was fucking painful.

Venkman90 on
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Venkman90 wrote: »

Also true, watching Hughes and Renzo was fucking painful.

Also Aoki vs Shaolin

BubbaT on
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Way to go, Willy!

I am nervous about my picks for Saturday.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I saw Mir and Babalu grapple once at some fights I went to. It was actually kind of weird. Babalu won. He's so dreamy.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    mir is coming into his own as a legit striker, though

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    I hear he cooks a mean breakfast too.

Peen on
    twitch.tv/tw1tch0rz
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I hear he is Tough, but Fair.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I hear he is Tough, but Fair.

Fine, fine I'll post.

Yes I do hear Frank Mir is both tough... and fair...

Metal Jared on
    BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Good episode of TUF. Highlights: Mean French Muay Thai drunk and a nice body shot from Nam Phan in round two.
    From the blog entry I read, Skarbowsky came in sober after the first day and took GSP's guys over to the heavy bags and actually started teaching them instead of just kicking the hell out of them.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bellator was pretty good tonight. Ed West has some crazy grappling defense but his submission ability couldn't pull through against a powerful wrestler. Cole Konrad, Brock's training party, looks a bit flabby but he secured that mount quick.

Congrats to the new Bantamweight and Heavyweight champs.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    How did Alex Caceres go from "likable happy go lucky kid" to "immature brat" within the course of one episode. Sevak needs to win his fight so the two can face each other.

Anyways, good on Nam Phan for winning his fight. I'm surprised he wasn't one of the first picks, considering his experience. He's a quality fighter.

Dangerbird on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    Nam Phan had a hella plodding style. Too bad he's on the douchebag team.

And Alex Caceres was annoying from the very beginning. Hey guys, look this is my thing. I will explain my thing in detail to you. In case like, it's too subtle for you.

Dynagrip on