As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer40K MMO]Apparently no longer an MMO; inquire within (Page 13).

• ArghyArghy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Slaanesh just wants to make you fabulous so you could literally stay home and become beautiful with a beautiful house and slaanesh will hi five you.

Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    With his/her/its many many penises.

Shapes, Sizes and Species.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    first of all, khorne is the best of the chaos gods

SJ on
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Second of all, Malal is the real best Chaos God

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    edited November 2010
    no such thing, sorry

SJ on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Third of All:

844808-this_thread_is_unclean_super.jpg

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited November 2010
    i wish i knew what comic that was from

SJ on
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Fourth of all:
    They need new gameplay footage already. Why do games in progress always have to say "Hey you want to know how our game plays? Well FUCK YOU! you have to wait a year or a half."

Kadoken on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Because during that year and a half the game runs like shit, and if they showed too much of it no one would buy it.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I remember seeing some very early screens of WAR in Alpha, there were 20 identical dwarves fighting 20 identical orks and they all looked about on part with EverQuest graphics, circa 1999.

It did not paint a pretty picture.

Bloodshed on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    i think you are all forgetting about tzeentch, tzeench is the best god to work for because he is all knowing and doesn't do terrible terrible things to you, other then make you go insane from too much knowledge.

I wouldn't say that. I vaguely remember a short story where this powerful champion of Tzeentch is going to meet with another champion who wasn't a warrior and yet was challenging him for control of his warband, and then a brick falls on his head.

He wakes up as a homeless man who had delusions of being a champion of the chaos gods.

Tzeentch can fuck with you a lot if you fail him.

I read this story also. I think the guy was actually a scrub cultist who failed at some menial thing and ended up getting turned into a chaos spawn at the end.

troublebrewing on
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I kind of like the idea of Tzeentch fucking with you like that.

Chaos warrior: 'I AM THE MOST POWERFUL CHAMPION IN THE UNIVERSE!!!'

*flash of light*

passerby: 'Shut up bum!'

Chaos warrior: 'wtf?'

Casually Hardcore on
  • ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I kind of like the idea of Tzeentch fucking with you like that.

Chaos warrior: 'I AM THE MOST POWERFUL CHAMPION IN THE UNIVERSE!!!'

*flash of light*

passerby: 'Shut up bum!'

Chaos warrior: 'wtf?'

This is because Tzneetch is actually a god that is stuck in a state of paradox by his own inherent nature and portfolio.

The Grey Knights series explains it best, though it's still a bit of a mindfuck.

Long story short (Very, very long story, in fact.), Tzneetch is everything, and nothing, because if he was something, he'd be nothing, as he'd be violating his own state of being.

Because he is the god of change, he cannot be anything at all that is definitive. This means that he has no true "plan", nor does he really know everything. Except when he does know everything.

He just kind of wings it and hits every possible alternative possible he can in order to not ever be in a definitive state of being. Depending on how materium entities act, one of those alternatives comes true. Sometimes. Unless he chooses to do nothing. Then who knows what goes down.

Obviously, this is very bad for anyone that worships him. Aside from the fact that sometimes people interpret change as "oh god why is my forehead sprouting tentacles", which is not a good thing in a universe where belief in something can make it true, you literally cannot comprehend his true nature, or motives, because he essentially has no motives that are discernible.

Or to put it in mind-fuckery terms. He has no motives while having motives that do not contain any understandable motives in of themselves.

He is both states of being, and neither of them. Because if he wasn't, then he wouldn't represent change. Without being mind-blowingly crazy, you cannot even begin to understand just what it is Tzneetch wants you to do at any one time. And even then, if he wants something, he also doesn't want you to do it too. So it's not like you're able to get brownie points with him like you would with Khorne, Nurgle, or Slaanesh. Most of his champions are supposed to be picked by the luck of the draw.

It also means that his true worshipers (IE Champions.) cannot ever be something permanently. In other words, true power is fleeting for a champion. One day they may be lord of a dozen worlds. The next, they may be scrounging in the streets of those worlds. Because of they were anything of permanence, they'd be violating Tzneetchs main law of conduct.

And that, ladies and gents, is why Slaanesh is awesome. At least you know what you're getting in the bargain when you sign up with him.

Archonex on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SJ wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the original comic is Daemonifuge.

Nobody on
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Daemon Fudge? :lol:

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »

Daemon Fudge? :lol:

Nope, Daemonifuge :P

Nobody on
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i kind of picture tzeentch planets kind of as the robot insane asylum from futurama.... CHANGE PLACES!!!

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

The only comic you should concern yourself with is
    tankred01.jpgtankred02.jpg

the one that involves Brother Tankred...

When searching for WH40K, this in particular it led right back to PA...

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited November 2010
    That comic is so damn rad.

SJ on
  • ArghyArghy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    After reading that comic i get angry when every dreadnaught gets casually wiped out without an epic fight scene.

Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Akira on
    akira.gif
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Akira wrote: »
    logo.jpg

The cereal of (Chaos) champions.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I cannot for the life of me find that tankred comic, which i must read. Can anyone point me in the right direciton?

TheGerbil on
    edited November 2010
    It's called the Damnation Crusade I got it in graphic novel form a few years back I think.

Malkor on
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    So some information about this has just popped up on Warseer.
    Sorry I've not be present around here for long but I've been settling into my new role as Community Manager for a rather larger video game retailer. I was sent down to GDC Online this week (so I got sent back to Austin after just leaving!) and managed to get a tiny bit of info from the very tight-lipped folks at THQ.
    Dark Millennium Online has a "pencilled-in" ship date of Spring 2012.
    Same art style as Space Marine.
    PC AND Console-based. (!!!) The Rep said it would be Cross Platform, but couldn't be 100%. I don't see why it wouldn't be (and it would hurt it if not.)
    Developed by Vigil (Darksiders) and published by THQ. Relic also has a hand in the game in many places.
    "No comment" on "Good vs Evil" lineup. A Relic employee said he was "pleased" with how the factions had been grouped, but wouldn't go further.

I am weeping tears of blood

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Man, there has been silence about this for a long time. Good to see it didn't quietly get taken out back and shot.

edited October 2011
    Malkor wrote:

I am weeping tears of blood

Someone cleanse this man. Clearly he is tainted, and must be PURGED.

In other news, I wonder if they're going to do a three-way faction system.

Maybe something like

Imperium:
    Space Marines
    Imperial Guard
    Inquisition

Asshole Manipulators (And "manipulatees"):
    Eldar
    Orks
    Inquisition

Chaos:
    Champions of Chaos
    Demons of Chaos
    Inquisition (Because really, there's just as many corrupt Inquisitors as there are "good" ones.)

That's what it usually comes down to in Dawn of War.

I assume if they're letting female players play the Space Marine analogue, then that Adeptus Sororitas will be in too, since I heard that mentioned about a year ago. No clue how that'll factor into their faction system, though, whatever it is.

Archonex on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You can't put an Imperial organization in the same faction as Orcs.

You can't do it.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.

You can't do it.

But someone needs to find out how they make their tech work!!

Also even though there are three factions, I think some of the factions should be able to fight each other to an extent. IE: Inq (within the Imperium) should be able to attack IG or SM under specific circumstances and such.

So it is said, so it shall be.

edited October 2011

You can't do it.

It will happen. It has happened. It's happening right now.

The Inquisition uses the Orks as cannon fodder and distractions all the time. Of course, it always bites them in the ass in the end. But that doesn't stop some Ordos Xenos/Malleus Inquisitor for thinking that this time, this time, they'll come out on top.

And then the Orks steal their pointy hats.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHPTeyQZWKA

I like how he made an Inquisitor faint in terror. Then again, only an Ork freebooter would be crazy enough to co-opt a Space Hulk into being their new headquarters. So perhaps it's a bit justified in her case.

Archonex on
    Holy necro post batman. I'd almost forgotten I made this thread ages ago.

Good to see the 40K MMO still trucking along, and apparently to a 2012 release no less! I still worry about it's future prospects, considering it's dangerous proximity to SW:TOR and GW2 in the grand scheme of MMO releases.

488W936.png
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Yeeeeeahhh, if this actualy comes out in spring 2012.....

Just been to the site and all they got is a E3 2011 teaser trailer. Not going to hold my breath on the release date, or the release year.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I'll tell you the factions

Lawful Evil:
    Space Marines
    Imperial Guard (Human Imperium together
    Adeptus Sororitas
    Inquistion

Chaotic Evil (heh)
    Chaos Space Marines
    Heretics (Human Chaos together)
    Chaos IG
    Dark Eldar (Seperate Dark Eldar and human Chaos, maybe a temporary alliance.)

Chaotic Neutral:
    Orks
    (Seperate these three, not in same factions)
    Tyranids (I mean come on! Orks and Tyranids aren't evil, they were made that way. Damn Old Ones)
    Necrons (Hmm, might be better in Chaotic Evil)

Lawful Neutral (Both are debatable)
    Tau (Communists, but they do give you a hand in alliance before shooting you with their gun in the hand behind their back)
    Eldar (Perhaps the races could form a temporary alliance)

Or, you know, like how it is in the universe, a big free for all.

• AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Spring 2012 release? Yikes.

I hope they've been doing some awesome work under the information blackout.

ECOED.jpg
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I would like Empire vs Chaos as the main conflict, with Orks attacking/hired by both sides and generally being orky, Eldar screwing with everything, and Tyranids om nom nom nom nom.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Well, they are working with GW, so maybe we won't hear or see anything until 1 week before release.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I'll play Ork, and bind
    /s GET THE SPICE MEHREEN

and 
    /s TAKES MORE DEN THAT TO KIL' AN ORK!

to all my abilities.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    /s WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!

ECOED.jpg
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif