Options

[Warhammer40K MMO]Apparently no longer an MMO; inquire within (Page 13).

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Red Av's post faster

e: and yeah Armageddon Ork hunters, and a Ciaphas Cain book

SJ on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What the hell does SJ even mean

So Jaded?

See what I did there?

(If its your initials, I am disappointed)

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    hey Raslin next you should talk about your army of tit marines

SJ on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wait what

I never made tit marines

On the other hand, you're a badly painted dreadnought

Slaanesh005.jpg

Raslin on

• Options
    edited November 2010
    But I am a Dreadnought

SJ on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    And they get all the bitches.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pretty sure the Ork weapons work because they build so many of them and the ones that don't work lead to dead Orks. If you have a bunch of orks with nothing to do they'll get to aslashin an' shootin' 'cause theyz aint no humeez or gene-sneakers to kill 'cause all you got iz other Boyz and the ones that ain't shootin' back ain't real Boyz anyways.

Then all off a sudden there are things to shot wot ain't Boyz and the Boyz iz always up for a scrap, and all the weapons work 'cause they've been using each other as target practice and the ones that don't work will be used as parts for bigger, better weapons.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Ork weapons work because they build so many of them and the ones that don't work lead to dead Orks. If you have a bunch of orks with nothing to do they'll get to aslashin an' shootin' 'cause theyz aint no humeez or gene-sneakers to kill 'cause all you got iz other Boyz and the ones that ain't shootin' back ain't real Boyz anyways.

Then all off a sudden there are things to shot wot ain't Boyz and the Boyz iz always up for a scrap, and all the weapons work 'cause they've been using each other as target practice and the ones that don't work will be used as parts for bigger, better weapons.

They work because Orks think they should. Serious;y you give an ork a wooden gun, he think it should work and it does.

"Given its ramshackle nature, most Orkish weapons and technology simply should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded or operated by an Ork. Genetor-Major Lukas Anzion has postulated that this is due to a minor, subconscious telekinetic ability possessed by all Orkoids; in effect, if they believe hard enough that something should work a certain way, it does in fact work that way. Humans lack this inherent ability, and because the crude weapons of the Orks lack proper machine spirits, it can be very difficult for a human to make these weapons work properly."

Lifted from the Ork Codex.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »

They work because Orks think they should. Serious;y you give an ork a wooden gun, he think it should work and it does.

"Given its ramshackle nature, most Orkish weapons and technology simply should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded or operated by an Ork. Genetor-Major Lukas Anzion has postulated that this is due to a minor, subconscious telekinetic ability possessed by all Orkoids; in effect, if they believe hard enough that something should work a certain way, it does in fact work that way. Humans lack this inherent ability, and because the crude weapons of the Orks lack proper machine spirits, it can be very difficult for a human to make these weapons work properly."

You can't be serious.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

You can't be serious.

It's silly but that's 40k for you.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    its just like how speed freaks make their vehicles go faster by painting them red, they just believe that the red paint makes them faster, and their mental power makes it happen

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I like how a post above this one basically said "this one bit of fluff from a biologis who was insane and wrong is the reason everybody thinks Ork tech works this way.

and your response to the conversation is to quote that fluff

Seriously, I can imagine that the main reason that Ork tech works is because it's so goofy that the Imperium tech priests don't understand it (For example: In one book I read, the ork Trukk went faster because the driver leaned to the side, not because he was stomping the gas pedal).

Nobody on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nobody wrote: »

I like how a post above this one basically said "this one bit of fluff from a biologis who was insane and wrong is the reason everybody thinks Ork tech works this way.

Seriously, I can imagine that the main reason that Ork tech works is because it's so goofy that the Imperium tech priests don't understand it (For example: In one book I read, the ork Trukk went faster because the driver leaned to the side, not because he was stomping the gas pedal).

Plus mine explains why any biologis wouldn't be able to get ork weapons scavenged from the battlefield to work. They were broken, which is why the orks died.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Plus mine explains why any biologis wouldn't be able to get ork weapons scavenged from the battlefield to work. They were broken, which is why the orks died.

I can buy that.

Nobody on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Stoopid 'umies think too much.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Hahahahaha, yeah, wow. And it's not like the posts were simultaneous.

SJ on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Basil wrote: »
    Stoopid 'umies think too much.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I like how a post above this one basically said "this one bit of fluff from a biologist who was insane and wrong is the reason everybody thinks Ork tech works this way.

Yeah. Dhalsim's post beggars belief. In any event, the reliability of your average imperial observer is belied by the observation that "crude weapons of the Orks lack proper machine spirits." The fall of the imperium of man into this emperor-worshipping dark age is why the codex says things like that, not because it's true from the perspective of canon, any more than the "reality" in WH40K is that lasguns have machine spirits.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I love how every 40k thread on this forum will eventually turn into us arguing about Ork technology

SJ on
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thats only half the time. The other half is arguing about female Space Marines.

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    ArghyArghy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    or whether or not the emperor secretly wants to die so he can become a chaos god

Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well he wouldn't become a Chaos god but yeah that's always been a pretty rad idea

SJ on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So guys

I hear the blood angels are having a party. They invited the necrons though, and those guys just totally kill the mood. Not that it matters, the angels just spend all their time whining about their dad and how nobody can understands them.

Then again, the alternative is to hang out with the space wolves, and after that one time they started yiffing over losing russ...

Raslin on

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    You can't really blame them though, they were piss drunk.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I don't think big burly space vikings really fits into 'yiff' in the furry sense... it's more like brotherly drunken love with beards and swearing by the 'fang' of Russ.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Space wolves are just corny not really furry though its not like 40k is lacking any sort of silly thing like space orcs or space mongols.

Arghy on
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Space Wolves are my favorite chapter with Dark Angels. These two need to have games on them. Or the ability to paint yourself in their fashion in Dark Millennium.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    most likely you'll be able to get unique armor sets or maybe quests to become another legion

Their picking black templars because they make the most sense due to their unique size and how their all over the place. Once they've gotten the world/events down in stone i'm sure it wouldent be to hard to imagine other chapters appearing though unless you have an armageddon type situation i doubt you'll have many choices.

Arghy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    They've mentioned that the bigger chapters will at least appear in the game, and specifically mentioned space wolves as one of those.

Raslin on

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    I love how every 40k thread on this forum will eventually turn into us arguing about Ork technology

Nonsense. The proper 40k thread never sinks to such lows. We just lament the passing of our five man IG plasma suicide vet squads while drinking brandy in leather bound armchairs. And then two pages of Tyranid stuff pops up out of fucking no where.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I want to be an Imperial Fist plamsa cannoneer. My battle cry will be "Bend over, you're about to get Fisted!"

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I would love to play as a tech priest

PixelMonkey on
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I would love to play as a tech priest

So you can get your tentacle hentai ERP fix with their Mechandrites? :winky:

OOOOOKAAAAY......

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SJ wrote: »

Nonsense. The proper 40k thread never sinks to such lows. We just lament the passing of our five man IG plasma suicide vet squads while drinking brandy in leather bound armchairs. And then two pages of Tyranid stuff pops up out of fucking no where.

Because Tyranids are the only race specially equipped to actually "win" Warhammer40K if it was possible to win. And by win, I mean, devour all life and make all those little wars across the grimdark universe irrelevant and basically turn the Milky Way into a starless void.

Necrons could do it too in theory but they smell so fuck that.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Except the gods at GW would never have the Tyranids eat everyone because the backlash from Imperial fanboys would be immense, so we remain at our galaxy wide stalemate... for now.
    plus space marines print money

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    No, because this is the grimdark future.

Therefore the only logical conclusion is that the Tyrands didn't devour everything and then swarm over imperial charted space looking for more food, they're simply running from something even more dangerous than they are.

Rami on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    No, because this is the grimdark future.

Therefore the only logical conclusion is that the Tyrands didn't devour everything and then swarm over imperial charted space looking for more food, they're simply running from something even more dangerous than they are.

Hilariously enough, this has been hinted at in the fluff a couple of times.

Archonex on
  • Options
    ForumiteForumite Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    it's space dwarves

they're running from an unseen expanding space dwarf empire

Seriously, how can 40K have space elves, space dark elves, space orks, space knights and space demons but not space dwarves. It is a travesty

I know the squats existed but their backstory was so bad and unfit a proper dwarfish faction.

Forumite on
    33tp6w6.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    they were space dwarf miners who rode battle-harleys

how is that not dwarfish

SJ on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    hey the entire reason orks are so awesome is because they rolled orcs and dwarves into one awesome mass to which they named orks

Arghy on
This discussion has been closed.