Options

[Warhammer40K MMO]Apparently no longer an MMO; inquire within (Page 13).

• Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    All I know about Ork tech is that red is fastest

Endomatic on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Because the Orcs believe!
    I kid, I kid!

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So wait. If the Orks believe something enough then it becomes real... and they know that Red is fasta...

How come, when they see Imperial tanks painted in red (Blood Angels, Blood Ravens etc...) the Machine Spirits inside suddenly don't jump start and go super fast?

Does it only apply to other Orky things?

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    it doesn't apply to anything

SJ on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So wait. If the Orks believe something enough then it becomes real... and they know that Red is fasta...

How come, when they see Imperial tanks painted in red (Blood Angels, Blood Ravens etc...) the Machine Spirits inside suddenly don't jump start and go super fast?

Does it only apply to other Orky things?

the waaaaagh is a collective consciousness thing

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Waaaagh! is a mix of a mass migration, jihad, and pub crawl. You can imagine that makes the Orks motivated to get shit done and paint awesome shit red.

SJ on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    The Waaaagh! is a mix of a mass migration, jihad, and pub crawl. You can imagine that makes the Orks motivated to get shit done and paint awesome shit red.

And anything they didn't paint red clearly isn't very dakka and therefore isn't fast like a Speed Freak's bike would be.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    they were space dwarf miners who rode battle-harleys

how is that not dwarfish

and they had the THUD GUN! (best template ever)

I'm so old I remember squats.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    they were space dwarf miners who rode battle-harleys

how is that not dwarfish

Well, their backstory is that they were humans who got short because they lived on high gravity worlds. That right there already makes them boring

Also, you'd expect their models to be awesomely dwarfish, but almost all models were bad. Most of them looked like poorly armored and armed hobbits

They needed to be this;

http://taratynkin.com/Images/warhammeronlineironbreaker.png
    http://images.mmosite.com/warhammer/2007/05/16/20070516233858043.jpg

But also with guns. The Squat exo armor almost got it right, but only almost.

Also, it would have been really fun to have Orks vs Dwarfs in space :(

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    See I have a theory (ie its late, i'm tired, and the brain feels like rambling.) you see a huge influx of Tyranid hive fleets heading into our system looking for something, or possibly running away from something.

What they are running away from is the squats. Not the badly modeled squats with crappy rules we had, but actually full on battle dwarves. After kicking their Xenos butts across all of unknown space the poor bugs were forced to run here in abject terror. Why did they take a sudden U turn and wipe out all of squat space? Simple because they thought they were a colony of badass squats and knew if they did not wipe them out in a surprise attack they would die horribly.

Detharin on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Detharin wrote: »
    See I have a theory (ie its late, i'm tired, and the brain feels like rambling.) you see a huge influx of Tyranid hive fleets heading into our system looking for something, or possibly running away from something.

What they are running away from is the squats. Not the badly modeled squats with crappy rules we had, but actually full on battle dwarves. After kicking their Xenos butts across all of unknown space the poor bugs were forced to run here in abject terror. Why did they take a sudden U turn and wipe out all of squat space? Simple because they thought they were a colony of badass squats and knew if they did not wipe them out in a surprise attack they would die horribly.

<3

GWs ultimate plan is to release "Premium" models, and Detharin is their Prophet.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    ArghyArghy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I hate how most of 40k is always at the point of collapse--they need to bring in a faction to fortify the imperium for another thousand years. I still believe they'll have some primarchs return and lead the chapters to reconquer terra and mars then after getting the imperium back on track disappear again. Its getting ridiculous how so much shit that gets destroyed 'can never be made again'--how much fucking shit do they have on hand?? I mean i would imagine they'd lose all the crap they can never make again fairly fast at the rate the imperium is going through equipment.

The AM could also find a working STC which would reverse the imperiums decline but you cant just constantly keep the story at the point of collapse.

Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    The problem is that even if a complete STC was found, it wouldn't change anything.

The Tech Adepts of Mars would shut it away and worship it, and nothing would change.

In order to get humanity back to the way it was while the Emperor was still walking around would require the Imperium of Man to be effectively destroyed. The Irony is that you have every Imperial servant that lives working to maintain the status quo.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    ForumiteForumite Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Once the golden throne breaks and the Emperor dies and becomes kind of like what Sigmar is in Warhammer Fantasy, most of the imperial worlds will fall to beasties, baddies and anarchy since the intergalactic travel breaks down due to the technobabble and the Astronomicon failing, leading to complete isolation for almost all imperial worlds. The administratum argues about what to do, but no decisions are made and more and more imperial worlds fall every day.

For whatever reason, following the breakdown of the imperium of man and the Emperors death (and possible ascension), the chaos forces are not taking advantage of the situation and making a full scale invasion. Followers of chaos cannot hear the voices of their gods anymore. Disgruntled and confused, the chaos factions start to devour each other, leaving Terra and the inner heart of the imperium safe for the moment.

Seeing an opportunity in all this, the Tau unleashes their new doctrine of war and reconquer many of the fallen imperial worlds, thus expanding their empire and becoming the new powerhouse in the galaxy.

That's right, the anime faction will win 40K

Forumite on
    33tp6w6.gif
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Don't forget that the Tau are nearly completely immune to the Warp.

So it's not like they'd be worried about the Eye of Terror. They could just send troops in there to wipe out the daemon worlds, or just build a gigantic gun and blow it up.

The problem is the Tau may or may not be pawns of the C'tan. They sound like what the Necrons used to be before they got turned into robots, sans the lack of longevity.

Of course, if the Emperor actually does ascend, he'll probably end up kicking their teeth in, if they won't play nice and join the Imperium on it's quest to purge the galaxy of [strike]jackasses[/strike] foul xenos.

Archonex on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The emperor will be busy fighting Gork and Mork for the rest of time

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    Detharin wrote: »

<3

GWs ultimate plan is to release "Premium" models, and Detharin is their Prophet.

To be fair, a lot of GWs models were pretty dodgy back then. They just got around to fixing the Dark Eldar.

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »

The Emperor will not need to devote any more of his time or attention to Gork and Mork than any other Chaos God does.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »

The Emperor will not need to devote any more of his time or attention to Gork and Mork than any other Chaos God does.

Pissing themselves if Gork/Mork ever take notice of them and praying they stick to watching orks beat each other up?

Detharin on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    If that is how they occupy themselves then I guess so. Whatever the case, they seem to get by well enough.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ork deity lore is the bestt
    In Ork mythology, the two gods Gork and Mork regularly confront the Powers of Chaos and the gods of the other alien races. Gork and Mork are never defeated, they simply shrug off the blows of the other gods and laugh at them. Then Gork grins, bears his teeth, and lands a mighty blow on the head of his adversary with his gigantic club. Similarly, Mork, the meter of low cunning, clobbers his foes when they aren't looking.
    It is not surprising that the Ork gods are seen triumphing over Chaos Powers, because in battle, the Ork Weirdboyz triumph over their daemonic and Human servants. Daemons and psykers are frequently laid low by the psychic attacks of the Weirdboyz. The psychic energy of the chanting and stamping Ork warriors can be focused by the Weirdboyz to banish and destroy such vaunted foes. As far as the Orks are concerned, these minions of Chaos have been withered by a blast of pure Orkishness. When the Orks see the terrors of Chaos wilting before their own loveable gibbering Weirdboyz, they lose all fear of the warp, secure in the belief that Orkishness can vanquish anything.

The Hunt
    Gork and Mork go looking for a gigantic Squiggly beast and find it at the bottom of a huge cesspit. Also at the bottom of the cesspit is Nurgle, who has eaten all the Snotlings. Gork and Mork clobber Nurgle so hard that he spews up all the Snotlings who are still alive. Nurgle shrinks and becomes a Squiggly beast. The Snotlings then turn the Squig into a feast for Gork and Mork. This myth clearly represents the Ork triumph over Nurgle. The Orks have no fear of the realms of Nurgle, and happily thrive on Squiggly beasts that breed in their cesspits.

Gork and Mork look up into the, sky and see another planet shining among the stars. Mork challenges Gork to knock it down with his club. Gork hurls his club for all his worth, but forgets that it's tied to his wrist. The club sails toward the planet with Gork following after. Mork grabs hold of Gork and goes as well. This myth represents the adventurous, care-free character of the Orks and their ability to travel through space.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Forumite wrote: »
    Once the golden throne breaks and the Emperor dies and becomes kind of like what Sigmar is in Warhammer Fantasy, most of the imperial worlds will fall to beasties, baddies and anarchy since the intergalactic travel breaks down due to the technobabble and the Astronomicon failing, leading to complete isolation for almost all imperial worlds. The administratum argues about what to do, but no decisions are made and more and more imperial worlds fall every day.

For whatever reason, following the breakdown of the imperium of man and the Emperors death (and possible ascension), the chaos forces are not taking advantage of the situation and making a full scale invasion. Followers of chaos cannot hear the voices of their gods anymore. Disgruntled and confused, the chaos factions start to devour each other, leaving Terra and the inner heart of the imperium safe for the moment.

Seeing an opportunity in all this, the Tau unleashes their new doctrine of war and reconquer many of the fallen imperial worlds, thus expanding their empire and becoming the new powerhouse in the galaxy.

That's right, the anime faction will win 40K

Just in time to be eaten by Tyranids.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    ForumiteForumite Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    The C'tan will get hungry again and once they see the endless Tyranid buffet, they will awaken their slumbering necron armies and sail to meet the Hivemind head on in the depths of space

Thus, the two factions will decimate each other completely and once again the Tau, who have been watching from afar, will mop up the remains

Forumite on
    33tp6w6.gif
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Forumite wrote: »
    The C'tan will get hungry again and once they see the endless Tyranid buffet, they will awaken their slumbering necron armies and sail to meet the Hivemind head on in the depths of space

Thus, the two factions will decimate each other completely and once again the Tau, who have been watching from afar, will mop up the remains

At which point the decimated Tau, Necron, and Tyranid fleets will be ambushed and destroyed by an Eldar fleet. All because they strayed too close to a former Eldar planet.

And so, the Farseer, looking out the window, will smile as he looks upon his fleet and remains of his enemies. He will then clasp his fingers together, smile an unearthly smile, and utter the words:

"Just as planned."

Archonex on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    nah, the Eldar will sacrifice themselves to stop the biggest ever Black Crusade, forming a new God in the process that destroys Slannesh and frees Isha.

But the Farseer will smile knowingly when the Eldar manipulated Tau take over.

Rami on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    All planned by Tzeentch. Cause that's how he rolls.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've been reading the Horus Heresy series, every book thats come out so far and I'm really wondering whats going through the heads of the Traitor Primarchs.

Fulgrim: Prisoner in his own mind, slave to demonic possession.

Lorgar: Tried to expose the truth that the Emperor hid from the Imperium to protect it. Was turned by being shown the future. Ironicly, the future caused by his and his brothers betrayal.

Horus: Dead, but also turned by being shown the future he would cause.

Magnus: Tricked into destroying the Emperor's work to utilize the Webway for humanity. Decided to let his entire legion die at the hands of the Space Wolves but changed his mind at the last minute. His legion is now basicly unthinking robots.

Pretty much every Primarch that mattered was turned by trickery and deceit, except maybe Angron because he's just an angry bastard who hated the Emperor. So I really have to wonder where their loyalties ultimately lie.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Would it even matter anymore? Haven't they been surrounded by chaos for many thousands of years by now? You'd think there'd be no return from that

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'd argue that Konrad Curze and the Night Lords are more "rogue" and anti-Imperial than Chaos, if the most recent books are anything to go with.

Alpharius; I think it depends on who the Cabal are, with regards to where his loyalties lies and whether he's been tricked or not.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The best part about the Alpha Legion book is that at the end, even the reader doesn't know for sure where their loyalties lie.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    The best part about the Alpha Legion book is that at the end, even the reader doesn't know for sure where their loyalties lie.

Just as Tzeentch planned.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »

Just as Tzeentch planned.

Little did Tzeentch know but he was being manipulated by the Deceiver.

PixelMonkey on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Raslin wrote: »
    So guys

I hear the blood angels are having a party. They invited the necrons though, and those guys just totally kill the mood. Not that it matters, the angels just spend all their time whining about their dad and how nobody can understands them.

Then again, the alternative is to hang out with the space wolves, and after that one time they started yiffing over losing russ...

Actually the Blood Angels are pretty fucked now (lifted from Lexicanium.com):

In 999.M41 a tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan is on a direct course for the Blood Angels homeworld, Baal. Exacerbating this already terrible threat is a massive daemon army led by the dread bloodthirster Ka'Bandha, which has already struck at Ammonai, the outermost planet of the Baal system. Facing a possible war on two fronts, Commander Dante sends out a call for all Chapters descended from the Blood Angels to send forces to aid their ancestor Legion; the Flesh Tearers are the first to do so, deploying the entire Chapter for war. Ultimately all but the Lamenters do so, even the renegade Knights of Blood.

I reckon Dante's going to die soon.

Karl on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Karl wrote: »
    Raslin wrote: »
    So guys

I hear the blood angels are having a party. They invited the necrons though, and those guys just totally kill the mood. Not that it matters, the angels just spend all their time whining about their dad and how nobody can understands them.

Then again, the alternative is to hang out with the space wolves, and after that one time they started yiffing over losing russ...

Actually the Blood Angels are pretty fucked now (lifted from Lexicanium.com):

In 999.M41 a tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan is on a direct course for the Blood Angels homeworld, Baal. Exacerbating this already terrible threat is a massive daemon army led by the dread bloodthirster Ka'Bandha, which has already struck at Ammonai, the outermost planet of the Baal system. Facing a possible war on two fronts, Commander Dante sends out a call for all Chapters descended from the Blood Angels to send forces to aid their ancestor Legion; the Flesh Tearers are the first to do so, deploying the entire Chapter for war. Ultimately all but the Lamenters do so, even the renegade Knights of Blood.

I reckon Dante's going to die soon.

Its cool, they all have feel no pain.

Fucking all of them

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    They'll be saved by the Squats or some other sort of what-the-fuckery.

As planned by Tzeentch in conjunction with the Deciever.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Where does Creed come into it?

PixelMonkey on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Where does Creed come into it?

On the back of a planet buster destined for the Hive Fleet's landing force, like so:

riding%20the%20bomb.jpg

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I hope the Blood Angels don't all die. I will be a sad panda.

Karl on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Don't worry, they can call in their buddies the Necrons to help out.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Don't worry, they can call in their buddies the Necrons to help out.

I hope they all die horrible deaths. Which is quite likely seeing as they are pretty much fucked.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
This discussion has been closed.