[Warhammer40K MMO]Apparently no longer an MMO; inquire within (Page 13).

1568101114

Posts

  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    The Tech adepts that work on it, most likely, as well. No one talks about them though.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That's part of the Imperial Palace. Here's some art of the actual Golden Throne. Not sure if the first one is actual GW art, but it sure is nice.

    4e8dee158151d1a5674e8b4ba478d2d3_34644.jpg

    God-Emperor.jpg

    -Loki- on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    that second one is interesting because I have an identical (old) picture but with the face and body not yet skeletor'd. Also not cropped

    15eijw8.jpg

    Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • ArghyArghy Registered User
    edited November 2010
    I hate when they show the emperor normal sized--he fucking punched russ and knocked him out for weeks so unless he jumped he should be as tall or taller then a primarch.

    Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • SJSJ Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    the cathedral covers most of western europe, and no living soul other than the adeptus custodes has been inside the holiest of holys where the golden throne is kept

    IIRC the Imperial Palace is in the Himalayas, actually.

    And there is one Inquisitor who has been been granted an audience with the Emperor.
    Arghy wrote: »
    I hate when they show the emperor normal sized--he fucking punched russ and knocked him out for weeks so unless he jumped he should be as tall or taller then a primarch.

    He lived and worked among regular humans for about 35,000 years before revealing himself, I doubt he was much larger than a normal person unless he wanted himself to appear that way.

    SJ on
  • ArghyArghy Registered User
    edited November 2010
    Eh technically no inquisitor saw the emperor--that book never happened and we are better fucking off without it. The 'hide out' in the warp was the end of that book for me.

    Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In The First Heretic, Lorgar mentions to Magnus that their father is psychich might bound in flesh, and that he only appears human to interact with mortals. So there's that, its the same with the Primarchs, they're not actually flesh and blood, nothing so mundane as organs rest beneath their skin. If the observations of Ahriman are to be trusted anyway.

    Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arghy wrote: »
    Eh technically no inquisitor saw the emperor--that book never happened and we are better fucking off without it. The 'hide out' in the warp was the end of that book for me.

    Have they actually said it's not canon? Because as far as I can tell, Black Library reissued it. The fact it's in print means it should be canon.

    -Loki- on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »
    In The First Heretic, Lorgar mentions to Magnus that their father is psychich might bound in flesh, and that he only appears human to interact with mortals. So there's that, its the same with the Primarchs, they're not actually flesh and blood, nothing so mundane as organs rest beneath their skin. If the observations of Ahriman are to be trusted anyway.

    Lorgar says alot. Most of it being rubbish.

    Someone did in fact make a topic about those HH books here

    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=130964

    Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Arghy wrote: »
    Eh technically no inquisitor saw the emperor--that book never happened and we are better fucking off without it. The 'hide out' in the warp was the end of that book for me.

    Have they actually said it's not canon? Because as far as I can tell, Black Library reissued it. The fact it's in print means it should be canon.
    It is the truth. From the perspective of a guy that might be going very crazy. So, like everything else GW puts out: sure its canon. From a certain point of view.

    Syrdon on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    this is my favourite official depiction of the emperor on his "throne"

    Sanctum.jpg

    just a zombie with some tubes sticking out of it

    Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    the cathedral covers most of western europe, and no living soul other than the adeptus custodes has been inside the holiest of holys where the golden throne is kept

    IIRC the Imperial Palace is in the Himalayas, actually.

    And there is one Inquisitor who has been been granted an audience with the Emperor.
    Arghy wrote: »
    I hate when they show the emperor normal sized--he fucking punched russ and knocked him out for weeks so unless he jumped he should be as tall or taller then a primarch.

    He lived and worked among regular humans for about 35,000 years before revealing himself, I doubt he was much larger than a normal person unless he wanted himself to appear that way.

    There's quite a bit of fluff that indicates he is/was very capable at using his powers to disguise himself.

    Nobody on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    I really can't wait for the inevitable female space marines arguments. So much popcorn to pop.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I love all these pictures of King-Emperor Huon.

    Yeah, I said it.

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Septus wrote: »
    I love all these pictures of King-Emperor Huon.

    Yeah, I said it.

    Heretic! Burn!

    Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • SJSJ Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    SJ wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    the cathedral covers most of western europe, and no living soul other than the adeptus custodes has been inside the holiest of holys where the golden throne is kept

    IIRC the Imperial Palace is in the Himalayas, actually.

    And there is one Inquisitor who has been been granted an audience with the Emperor.
    Arghy wrote: »
    I hate when they show the emperor normal sized--he fucking punched russ and knocked him out for weeks so unless he jumped he should be as tall or taller then a primarch.

    He lived and worked among regular humans for about 35,000 years before revealing himself, I doubt he was much larger than a normal person unless he wanted himself to appear that way.

    There's quite a bit of fluff that indicates he is/was very capable at using his powers to disguise himself.
    unless he wanted himself to appear that way.

    Yeah, I know. But there's also no reason to assume he was literally larger than a normal person considering all of his power came from his psychic might.

    SJ on
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    unless he wanted himself to appear that way.

    Yeah, I know. But there's also no reason to assume he was literally larger than a normal person considering all of his power came from his psychic might.

    god.jpg

    Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    the cathedral covers most of western europe, and no living soul other than the adeptus custodes has been inside the holiest of holys where the golden throne is kept

    IIRC the Imperial Palace is in the Himalayas, actually.

    And there is one Inquisitor who has been been granted an audience with the Emperor.
    Arghy wrote: »
    I hate when they show the emperor normal sized--he fucking punched russ and knocked him out for weeks so unless he jumped he should be as tall or taller then a primarch.

    He lived and worked among regular humans for about 35,000 years before revealing himself, I doubt he was much larger than a normal person unless he wanted himself to appear that way.

    I can't remember exactly where it is and the lexicanum isn't specific

    PiptheFair on
  • SJSJ Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    as penitence you must flagellate yourself every morning for a week and spend every evening studying your codexes

    SJ on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    can't I just burn some hive down instead

    PiptheFair on
  • SJSJ Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    well

    yes, yes you can

    SJ on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    That being said, even if he was (chose to appear) at the upper end up human normal in size, he may have been quite large. Considering that most people are less than six feet tall, and the far end of the bell curve approaches 8 feet I don't see anything odd about him being a mountain of a man.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • SJSJ Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i don't think people were up to 8 feet tall in 5,000 BC, though, dietary limits and everything

    e: jesus is this even a real conversation

    SJ on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    This is true, but due to the most common super power I see no compelling reason why his body would not improve through the centuries as living conditions improved on Earth.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • SJSJ Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    apparently it is a real conversation

    SJ on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    bb2_orc_cheer.jpg

    Discuss

    Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • RaekreuRaekreu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    bb2_orc_cheer.jpg

    Discuss

    Hmm. I remember earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that the tyranids were running from something even more horrifying than themselves. Not that this thing is it, but damn if it isn't a strong contender.

    Raekreu on
  • ArghyArghy Registered User
    edited November 2010
    Male orks were the first and the fastest with the slower nids falling behind them, now the nids haven shown up all the orks in the galaxy wail in dismay knowing that the female orks are not far behind and they wont have as much free time to do their manly work.

    Remember also that the emperor was reincarnated so he wasent some scrawny little shaman he was most likely reborn as a herculean hunk of man meat, called CONAN. The emperor is conan can you handle that?

    Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • ArchonexArchonex Registered User
    edited November 2010
    Not just Conan. But all hints in the canon imply that, historically, he was JESUS CONAN at that.


    No wonder everyone is flat fucking terrified of the Emperor.

    Archonex on
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What is Abaddon up to these days

    Also, on a scale of 1-Supersatan, how powerful is Abaddon anyway? Is he like a Primarch now or what

    Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • ArchonexArchonex Registered User
    edited November 2010
    Neli wrote: »
    What is Abaddon up to these days

    Also, on a scale of 1-Supersatan, how powerful is Abaddon anyway? Is he like a Primarch now or what

    He's probably about on par with a primarch. A daemon primarch could properly fuck him up, though, unless the gods of chaos intervened on Abbadons behalf (And they probably would.).

    Most of his power comes from the Chaos Gods, though, and all the neat artifacts he's picked up. Take either of them away and he'd probably be on par with most space marines.

    Then again, if the Horus Heresy novels are any indication, most of the Daemon Primarchs want nothing to do with humanity after they fucked up so hard back then. So it's doubtful they'd even bother with Abbadon and his crusades. Except Angron. He's angry. Always angry.

    Archonex on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I thought Abaddon was some form of Horus clone? That would make him a primarch wouldn't it?

    Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Abaddon is his own person. There was a Horus clone created by Fabius Bile, but Abaddon actually lead the charge to destroy it.

    Nobody on
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    I thought Abaddon was some form of Horus clone? That would make him a primarch wouldn't it?

    Abaddon was part of the Mournival, the 4 captains that acted as Horus' closest advisors.

    Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hm, I don't remember where I picked that up. This mentions it but has no source.

    Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • SJSJ Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It was basically a rumor that he was a clone since he looked almost identical to Horus and stood out for it even among a legion that tended to have features similar to their primarch.

    SJ on
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    It was basically a rumor that he was a clone since he looked almost identical to Horus and stood out for it even among a legion that tended to have features similar to their primarch.

    No you're thinking of Aximand, little Horus Aximand.

    Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • ArghyArghy Registered User
    edited November 2010
    No apparently there was a horus clone post heresy, i just heard it get mentioned but never found out what the story was. I know abbadon actually doesnt like horus because he gave himself to chaos and basically lost the war against the imperium. It would be pretty badass to see an alternate time line were horus pulls back from the siege of terra and the emperor doesnt get crippled--i would like to see the emperors damage control on gods and demons haha.

    Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This is true, but due to the most common super power I see no compelling reason why his body would not improve through the centuries as living conditions improved on Earth.

    You utter bastard. I just lost an hour and a half to tv-tropes yet again.

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arghy wrote: »
    No apparently there was a horus clone post heresy, i just heard it get mentioned but never found out what the story was. I know abbadon actually doesnt like horus because he gave himself to chaos and basically lost the war against the imperium. It would be pretty badass to see an alternate time line were horus pulls back from the siege of terra and the emperor doesnt get crippled--i would like to see the emperors damage control on gods and demons haha.

    Here you go
    After the battle, the warship was won back by the forces of Chaos led by Abaddon the Despoiler, Captain of the 1st Company. Abaddon found Horus's body and ordered the retreat into the Eye of Terror. The body of Horus is said to have been put on display in a temple, the Sons of Horus revering the Warmaster even in death. At the end of a series of inter-traitor wars, the fortress of the Sons was destroyed, and the body of Horus stolen by the Emperor's Children. To the disgust of the Sons, the body was used to create at least one clone of Horus (see also Fabius Bile). The Sons, renaming themselves the Black Legion subsequently attacked the cloning facility and destroyed Horus's body and clone7. Horus' famous Talon of Horus was taken by Abaddon and is the only part of the Warmaster remaining.

    Nobody on
This discussion has been closed.