As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer40K MMO]Apparently no longer an MMO; inquire within (Page 13).

• ArghyArghy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wait i thought the emperor used some crazy ass null weapon to vaporize horus after horus broke his back?

Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Basil wrote: »
    This is true, but due to the most common super power I see no compelling reason why his body would not improve through the centuries as living conditions improved on Earth.

You utter bastard. I just lost an hour and a half to tv-tropes yet again.

If it is any consolation, I spent the entire evening reading this web-comic that I found today.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arghy wrote: »
    Wait i thought the emperor used some crazy ass null weapon to vaporize horus after horus broke his back?

No, he just obliterated Horus's soul, preventing him from being raised again by the chaos gods.

Nobody on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nobody wrote: »

No, he just obliterated Horus's soul, preventing him from being raised again by the chaos gods.

also his brain

essentially making him a husk

PiptheFair on
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

heh, "just"

SJ on
    edited November 2010
    I dont even think the chaos gods can obliterate your soul haha.

Arghy on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Slaanesh.

Eats Eldar souls.

And was created through Chaos eating an assload of Eldar souls.

I'm pretty sure that's oblivion.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I always thought that Slaanesh eating the eldar souls meant the eldar souls would be forever tormented in the warp. Like a hell

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    edited November 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »

Slaanesh.

Eats Eldar souls.

He consumes the souls but doesn't actually destroy them in a literal sense. The Emperor actually caused Horus' soul to cease to be.

SJ on
    edited November 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »

Slaanesh.

Eats Eldar souls.

no, slaanesh was created by the collective psychic power of millenia of eldar decadence

t neli: that is correct

PiptheFair on
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Emperor being able to do that to Horus is probably only because he created him from scratch.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
    edited November 2010
    haha like the gods with their demons

Arghy on
    edited November 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »
    The Emperor being able to do that to Horus is probably only because he created him from scratch.

or because he's the most powerful psychic entity in existence, powerful enough to defeat all four chaos gods at the same time at the height of their power

SJ on
    edited November 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    Demiurge wrote: »

or because he's the most powerful psychic entity in existence, powerful enough to defeat all four chaos gods at the same time at the height of their power

Cite! This is something I didn't know about and would like to read :D

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
    edited November 2010
    well, all four chaos gods were infusing horus with their power and when the emperor decided to quit playing around and fight Horus they abandoned him for fear of the damage he would do to them if they were still linked with horus

e: that's been part of the fluff forever i'm not gonna find a citation

SJ on
    edited November 2010
    well, all four chaos gods were infusing horus with their power and when the emperor decided to quit playing around and fight Horus they abandoned him for fear of the damage he would do to them if they were still linked with horus

also because some marines started shooting at horus, and distracted him while he melted their heads

PiptheFair on
    edited November 2010

Thats hardly at the height of their power. The Emperor was greatly weakening the chaos gods by destroying any and all civilizations/species that believed in them, and aggresively stamped out superstition in the Emperium. The gods even tell Horus this on Davin, the Emperor is killing them.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
    edited November 2010
    yeah, that was before the heresy was really in swing, not in the ending part of the siege on terra

they were definitely at the height of their power

SJ on
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    slaanesh was created by eldar orgy parties and psychic abilities, dark eldar now treat souls as a kind of currency/food to make them live for a fucklong time. commorragh the dark eldar homeworld is still a giant s&m orgy with lots of cutting and killing involved. its hot. really.

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
    edited November 2010
    i'd party with the dark eldar

SJ on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What about Nurgle? Nobody enjoys being covered in seeping pustules and belching horrid filth like Nurgle!

Pinfeldorf on
    edited November 2010
    nurgle is who you chillax with the next day when you're trying to recover

he's a true bro

SJ on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nurgle is totally the nicest Chaos God to work for, if you can avoid being turned into a mindless shambling horror of some sort.

But even that's better than what someone like Khorne has in store for you.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Question, does the emperor acknowledge that souls exist, or does he not notice them at all? Also, was he coincidently killing civs/species that worshipped chaos, or was he doing it with a purpose?

Kadoken on
  • ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Basil wrote: »
    Nurgle is totally the nicest Chaos God to work for, if you can avoid being turned into a mindless shambling horror of some sort.

But even that's better than what someone like Khorne has in store for you.

Nurgle is really not nice.

He's nice in that the takes away the pain of crippling diseases by animating your body into a horrific undead abomination. But then, consider that he gives you those diseases in the first place. His idea of mirth is also demonstrated many times as being downright malevolent and sadistic enough to make Luficer cringe.

Slaanesh is probably the nicest group to hang out with, so long as you could find a group that is into the pleasure aspects, and not pain. Otherwise they'd probably take the words "show me something interesting", as an invitation to peel your flesh off strip by strip, all so you could experience a new form of pain.

Edit: It's an often overlooked fact, but the Emperor was only killing civilizations that were worshipping chaos or were just a blight on the universe. Most of the races during the Emperor run portion of the crusade that got exterminated were Xenos that were downright evil. The Emperor, as a rule of thumb, had no problem with aliens as a concept. It was just that a good deal of the aliens out there were power-tripping or were so corrupt that they couldn't be saved.

Often, the nicer Xeno's were offered (Sometimes quietly.) a place in the Imperium, like the Squats and the Eldar. The Emperor's idea of the Imperium was really more of a really militaristic pro-human/pro-not-corrupted-by-evil federation, like in Star Trek. Obviously that didn't pan out too well.

For the record, the planets that did get purged of xeno's during the time when the Emperor ran the crusade tended to be named places like "Murder". The races that lived in those sort of places were nasty in the extreme, and tended to treat humans as interesting things to hunt down and torture. The "Murder" planet in particular was given that name by a Space Marine, who was panicking over how stupidly deadly the planet was. It put most of the modern deathworlds in the Imperium to shame.

It was only when Horus took over that the Crusade started killing everything in it's path. Hell, he took down a few civilizations that could have helped propel the Imperium even further into the Golden Age.

So essentially, the Emperor had a purpose, yes. He was trying to build his own powerbase to take down the Chaos Gods. Or at least, subjugate them so that they weren't such a threat anymore. Unfortunately, Horus got daddy issues at the worst possible time, and cocked it all up.

Archonex on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    To sum up: Horus is the king goose of silly geese. He's why the universe can't have nice things.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited November 2010
    i think you are all forgetting about tzeentch, tzeench is the best god to work for because he is all knowing and doesn't do terrible terrible things to you, other then make you go insane from too much knowledge.

TheKoolEagle on
    edited November 2010
    Actually Horus got the idea that he wanted to tolerate that one civilization that had accepted aliens into their society even over the protests of his captains. It was only because of Erebus it got all fucked up, of course the civilization in question knew about chaos and actively fought it so if the Emperor had been there he might have purged it just to keep it a secret.

Horus only destroyed that other civilization with an intact STC after he was turned to chaos.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i think you are all forgetting about tzeentch, tzeench is the best god to work for because he is all knowing and doesn't do terrible terrible things to you, other then make you go insane from too much knowledge.

I wouldn't say that. I vaguely remember a short story where this powerful champion of Tzeentch is going to meet with another champion who wasn't a warrior and yet was challenging him for control of his warband, and then a brick falls on his head.

He wakes up as a homeless man who had delusions of being a champion of the chaos gods.

Tzeentch can fuck with you a lot if you fail him.

Nobody on
    edited November 2010

I wouldn't say that. I vaguely remember a short story where this powerful champion of Tzeentch is going to meet with another champion who wasn't a warrior and yet was challenging him for control of his warband, and then a brick falls on his head.

He wakes up as a homeless man who had delusions of being a champion of the chaos gods.

Tzeentch can fuck with you a lot if you fail him.

Hear that kids?

425px-Tzeentch2.jpg

Don't fuck with Tzeentch. Or he'll fuck with you.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    As the god of change, he also tends to enjoy mutating his followers

But maybe you want to become a 39574714.jpg

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    edited November 2010
    Pink Horrors are always fun. He doesn't even have a lower jaw, it's all just tongue.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited November 2010
    worshipping chaos means you get mutated pretty much, i still vote tzeentch is the best road to go down, as long as you aren't planning on betraying him... he already knows

TheKoolEagle on
    edited November 2010
    slaanesh has hookers and blow, and that's kind of a big deal

SJ on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yes but the hookers want to drive a 5 inch nail through your dick first.

lengthwise

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    Yes but the hookers want to drive a 5 inch nail through your dick first.

lengthwise

Pshh, I know people who do that for fun with no chaos god needed

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
    edited November 2010
    I think we can all agree, Slaanesh and Tzeentch are better then Khorne and Nurgle. Tzeentch makes you smart and has magic. Slaanesh has hookers and blow. What do Nurgle and Khorne have? Pain, blood, axes to the face, and disease, pustules, and pretty much a mindless existence.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    I kinda disagree with Slaanesh. Slaanesh's whole thing is that it will gladly kill you with pain and pleasure, and by that time you are so far gone you can't tell the difference between the two. Slaanesh has just as much pain and blood as Khorne, it just happens to be incidental rather than the whole point.

As for Tzeentch, there are many fates worse than death, and Tzeentch can do all of them, all at once. And he does.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think we can agree they all suck. It's better to go Undivided and choose what mutations you want.

Evil Weevil on
    edited November 2010
    I kinda disagree with Slaanesh. Slaanesh's whole thing is that it will gladly kill you with pain and pleasure, and by that time you are so far gone you can't tell the difference between the two. Slaanesh has just as much pain and blood as Khorne, it just happens to be incidental rather than the whole point.

As for Tzeentch, there are many fates worse than death, and Tzeentch can do all of them, all at once. And he does.

Obviously Chaos is all around not the way you want to go anyways. We are just saying, if your going to go insane and serve Chaos, serve the gods that will actually benefit you the most, at least for a while.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
This discussion has been closed.