As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Open Beta ends the 19th; Wutai server! Server change for live?

1545556575860»

• Options
    a puddlea puddle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    a puddle wrote: »
    You can do monthly recurring payments but I haven't investigated the payment options much. Regardless, we got a silly payment system again as I think most of us expected.

Yup, Monthly recurring payments using your credit card. Damned silly payment options, why don't they just do what other MMO's do and use Monthly recurring payments using your credit card? Or why don't they offer payment options for larger chunks of time at a discount?

How dare they offer something for people who don't have credit cards? The nerve.

/sarcasm

The best part is, anyone who has a Square-Enix account (Hint: the account is free!) can check the payment options in detail.

The ONLY thing Square is doing slightly differently is using third party companies for the payments. And this is also not a new concept.

It's silly specifically because it's going through third parties about which many complaints have been filed in the past. Dunno how you haven't picked up on this yet.

You can go with ClickandBuy, the company that has told customers that game subscriptions are contracts that they must continue to pay indefinitely (and won't let you delete your credit card information from their system), or you can go with PlaySpan, a company that may charge you additional transaction fees beyond the fee you pay for service.

a puddle on
  • Options
    a puddlea puddle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    i can't find shit about payment options. as in 1month = ?, 3 month = ?, etc

Ah, that information isn't up until the service goes live. They have stated they will be offering up to 6 month Options if I remember correctly. So most likely 1, 3, and 6 month options. Not sure if the 3 and 6 month options will be in at the start though since it was a recent announcement.

This has already been announced.

You pay $10 for a basic Final Fantasy XIV account. Then you pay $3 for a player character (which includes one retainer). It is either this or the six month. No info on 3 month option available.

Additional character slots and additional retainers we know about.

This is also why the system is silly.

Edit to clarify.

a puddle on
  • Options
    FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    From what I could tell with my extremely limited sign up testing, you're going to need to use the 3rd party processor no matter what you decide to do.

I went with 'clickandbuy' and apparently am able to log into their site independently and cancel my square-enix subscription at will.

It's disappointing to hear they kept the beta patcher, I was hoping I could be really lazy and not have to load up a torrent. It's not a big deal for me, but I'm predicting serious nerd rage from the masses.

Fryhole on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fryhole wrote: »
    From what I could tell with my extremely limited sign up testing, you're going to need to use the 3rd party processor no matter what you decide to do.

I went with 'clickandbuy' and apparently am able to log into their site independently and cancel my square-enix subscription at will.

It's disappointing to hear they kept the beta patcher, I was hoping I could be really lazy and not have to load up a torrent. It's not a big deal for me, but I'm predicting serious nerd rage from the masses.

So is a puddle a silly goose?

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
This discussion has been closed.