As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

999[DS] / VLR / ZE3 [3DS/PSV]: Wassup. You have ...Somnium Files? Siggyyy. Phidooo.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    so here's a question i have about the ending (big bad CQD-2 ending spoilers)
    during the delta reveal, was the takeaway supposed to be
    1. Delta was actually the POV character the whole time (akin to 999/VLR's POV twists)
    2. Delta made the characters vote against their conscience in the initial execution decision game
    3. thus, Delta is more or less the Player?
    Well..

Yes, I guess.

You are the one making participants do terrible things.

By extension, Delta's Mind Hax0rzing skill is the one doing terrible things.

So you must inhabit Delta. This is played with when Sean calls you out as Mira's killer.
    He points at the camera. Classic fourth wall breaking reveal/suggestion.

But, the question is, are you ALSO making the characters doing the GOOD, non-terrible things.

You always choose, as the player.

But the only time this doesn't work for me, as the player, is when Sean says something. Sean accuses Delta. Sean chooses to kill Delta as the fourth option in the Study.

But then again, Sean is carefully designed by Delta and is a cross between an independent entity and a surrogate of Delta. I think Delta programmed Sean to kill him.

So yeah. I guess you are Delta, employing your Mind Hack ability or whatever.

On a personal note I think this is a continuity cop out.
    What about the timelines where Delta is dead, or at the end when you can actually see him?

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Alright, I've done the Door of Truth, and am on the whirlwind series of scenes that follow from that.
    There's something darkly humorous about Eric choosing to point a shotgun at all the time travel madness happening around him until it starts making sense.

Good god, Carlos. At the rate you're getting yourself killed, I might as well start calling you Lynne.

Enlong on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    rec room was so stupid. hold on let me squint to make out these fucking numbers. oh you missed this object that is 1mm across when looking around. what a terrible room

• Options
    Aren't the important numbers spoken by the characters when you inspect the items?

Otherwise, yeah.

• Options
    Past the Door of Truth:
    Fragment: Apocalypse
    Oh my fucking god Carlos. Great! I'm glad you believe in the power of friendship to the point that you'd rather meet Akane and Junpei than stop Zero, but you just let the world die!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    rec room was so stupid. hold on let me squint to make out these fucking numbers. oh you missed this object that is 1mm across when looking around. what a terrible room

This is one of the strangest Yelp reviews I've ever seen

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Force Quit: C
    OH MY FUCKING GOD CARLOS
    WHAT THE HELL
    NOT COOL

Enlong on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Force Quit: C
    OH MY FUCKING GOD CARLOS
    WHAT THE HELL
    NOT COOL
    "It was just a prank, bro!"

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

This is one of the strangest Yelp reviews I've ever seen

Bahahahahahahhahahah

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Heh. Perceptive End indeed.

• Options
    I figured it out. akane is azura. no wonder I don't like her

• Options
    Heh. Perceptive End indeed.
    I got that ending before I even opened the door of truth because that was one of the only names I hadn't used anywhere yet.

Imagine my confusion.

• Options
    Watching streamers play this, and I just noticed an interesting detail that is 100% meaningless and only exists because of game mechanics, but might have implications if you're a lore nerd. Incinerator room:
    Apparently there does not exist a single reality where Sigma gets killed by the gun but the next round in the chamber is a blank. So Zero probably filled it with either all lives or all blanks at random in setup and simply lied in the recording.

• Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Watching streamers play this, and I just noticed an interesting detail that is 100% meaningless and only exists because of game mechanics, but might have implications if you're a lore nerd. Incinerator room:
    Apparently there does not exist a single reality where Sigma gets killed by the gun but the next round in the chamber is a blank. So Zero probably filled it with either all lives or all blanks at random in setup and simply lied in the recording.
    so you always have to do don't shoot before getting the opposite of what you got first?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Well, that or the game isn't showing us every possible reality, just the ones that are most relevant.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    so you always have to do don't shoot before getting the opposite of what you got first?
    No, I mean that in every reality where Sigma gets shot, the next chamber is also a live bullet that Diana uses to kill herself. If Zero's recording was 100% honest, there should be some realities where Diana tries to kill herself but it's a blank.

Which sort of make sense, when you consider the whole purpose of that timeline and the fact that Zero has no use for it unless both Sigma and Diana are alive.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    No, I mean that in every reality where Sigma gets shot, the next chamber is also a live bullet that Diana uses to kill herself. If Zero's recording was 100% honest, there should be some realities where Diana tries to kill herself but it's a blank.

Which sort of make sense, when you consider the whole purpose of that timeline and the fact that Zero has no use for it unless both Sigma and Diana are alive.
    oh, I got blank 3 times in a row so I went and did don't shoot to see if it would change it up and it finally did

• Options
    Well, that or the game isn't showing us every possible reality, just the ones that are most relevant.

Possible but I like my interpretation better. :P

• Options
    edited July 2016
    And the game is complete. What an ending. I think my favorite ending is still 999's, but this one worked out well. Thankfully, I knew to read the post-ending logs.

A couple questions.
    in the Apocalypse ending, what happened to the FTS robe? Was Akane wearing that in VLR?

What happened to the "anomaly" used as the final viewpoint character in VLR? The one representing the player. Phi said they'd be integral to averting the radical 6 time loop, but was never mentioned directly in ZTD. It did come close, with Zero basically blaming illogical decisions, like the executions, on someone else, other than any teams, who want to see them all die.

Enlong on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    And the game is complete. What an ending. I think my favorite ending is still 999's, but this one worked out well. Thankfully, I knew to read the post-ending logs.

A couple questions.
    in the Apocalypse ending, what happened to the FTS robe? Was Akane wearing that in VLR?

What happened to the "anomaly" used as the final viewpoint character in VLR? The one representing the player. Phi said they'd be integral to averting the radical 6 time loop, but was never mentioned directly in ZTD. It did come close, with Zero basically blaming illogical decisions, like the executions, on someone else, other than any teams, who want to see them all die.
    We are involved. Final decision game for the player was which version of Zero Escape 3 to play, or to skip it.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

If someone really wants to kill themselves with a loaded pistol the number of blank rounds shouldn't make that much of a difference.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Amazon still hasnt shipped me anything or said anything other than "Hey, you sure you still even want this?"

So...thats cool.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Vyolynce wrote: »

If someone really wants to kill themselves with a loaded pistol the number of blank rounds shouldn't make that much of a difference.
    At point blank a blank is still likely lethal, it's just that the gas that would have propelled the bullet is now focused on a tiny piece of your skull. At range the gas disperses.

There have been deaths as a result of people assuming blanks are harmless.
    In 1984, an actor on a television show knew that his gun was loaded with blanks and empty cartridges. He put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger as a joke, and the bullet and gas exploded with so much force that it pushed a section of his skull into his brain.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5972313/why-a-gun-loaded-with-blanks-can-still-kill-you

Road Block on
  • Options
    Question about the true ending.
    Okay, so they can't bring Delta in for the alternate universe deaths, or for the death-traps that no longer exist. But do Junpei and Akane (as a detective and leader of Crash Keys, respectively) have no authority to try and bring suspicion of being Brother against him? Or is this another "there's no evidence right here and now, so nobody will entertain your assertions" thing?

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Okay, so they can't bring Delta in for the alternate universe deaths, or for the death-traps that no longer exist. But do Junpei and Akane (as a detective and leader of Crash Keys, respectively) have no authority to try and bring suspicion of being Brother against him? Or is this another "there's no evidence right here and now, so nobody will entertain your assertions" thing?
    I don't think Free the Souls or Brother have done anything yet. Or rather, it was the whole base incident and following reactor explosions that put them on the map. Without those, they're just a funny little cult that hasn't done anything illegal yet. Hence the whole "Minority Report" situation they're in at the end.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I don't think Free the Souls or Brother have done anything yet. Or rather, it was the whole base incident and following reactor explosions that put them on the map. Without those, they're just a funny little cult that hasn't done anything illegal yet. Hence the whole "Minority Report" situation they're in at the end.
    They have done stuff already, to the point that Junpei's agency sent him on a raid that ended with them blowing up the cult's headquarters.

That, and Brother is one of the people responsible for the 18 kidnappings a decade ago. One of the crimes for which Ace/Gentaro is currently jailed.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    They have done stuff already, to the point that Junpei's agency sent him on a raid that ended with them blowing up the cult's headquarters.

That, and Brother is one of the people responsible for the 18 kidnappings a decade ago. One of the crimes for which Ace/Gentaro is currently jailed.
    Plus the whole thing with Alice's father.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »

Oh right. Been a while since I played VLR, so I forgot that.

Speaking of Alice (VLR spoilers, and possibly ZTD)
    Did we ever learn what happened to VLR Clover and Alice? They're not Espers, so it was unknown if or how they'd return to the past. All the info they gave in VLR was a cryptic response of "Schrodinger's Cat", which doesn't tell us much.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

Oh right. Been a while since I played VLR, so I forgot that.

Speaking of Alice (VLR spoilers, and possibly ZTD)
    Did we ever learn what happened to VLR Clover and Alice? They're not Espers, so it was unknown if or how they'd return to the past. All the info they gave in VLR was a cryptic response of "Schrodinger's Cat", which doesn't tell us much.

I figured it's possible that
    they may have been sent back using the transporter? Though it's very unclear if that's something Akane has access to.

• Options
    that's odd
    I went through ambidex to the end and carlos sent the note to Q team, which opened up... nothing. I already did the Q team section after, nothing changed in it. I would think it would open right away

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Could use a nudge in the rec room:
    I had a million 'a-ha' moments to get this far, and still no dice(bdmtsh).

Jam(100) - Odds(!?) - Sadman(570) = ???

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Hint:
    Check the slot machine carefully.
    Answer:
    I seem to recall that odds=35.

Also, it may just be a typo on your part, but one of those minuses should be a plus.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    that's odd
    I went through ambidex to the end and carlos sent the note to Q team, which opened up... nothing. I already did the Q team section after, nothing changed in it. I would think it would open right away

One minor hint
    have you seen Q team recieve the note and attempt to follow it, yet? If not, check the flow chart in that branch for ! marks

if yes, and you're still stuck, One big hint.
    where else have you seen a door that looks like that one?

If no, check the flow chart in other branches for more ! marks, and make sure to do any non-idiot choices you haven't done yet (idiot choices being immediately fatal mistakes, like failing to find the antidote)

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

Hint:
    Answer:

Also, it may just be a typo on your part, but one of those minuses should be a plus.

I really don't see how the heck I was supposed to figure that out, when
    the other two are objects in the room with clear numbers. Though it's easier than when I was converting all the cards into numbers and getting ridiculously large results instead.

Wait. OH.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    D-End 1:
    Well, that explains that.

"I'll save you, Phi! Who needs six billion people anyway?"

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    it might be because I haven't finished all of D team. that or I need to
    answer who killed mira

• Options
    it might be because I haven't finished all of D team. that or I need to
    answer who killed mira

Yeah, that's the one. Problem with that one is that
    Eric is so angry and riled up that no answer could calm him down.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

Hint:
    Answer:

I really don't see how the heck I was supposed to figure that out, when
    the other two are objects in the room with clear numbers. Though it's easier than when I was converting all the cards into numbers and getting ridiculously large results instead.

Wait. OH.

I'm not sure if that final "OH" means you found it, but when you click on those three objects in the rec room, the numbers are part of their text description. But I know I didn't find the right place to click for the description of the
    slot machine
    until I was scouring the room for that particular number.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Finished this last night. Boy what a bunch of hot nonsense. But it's enjoyable nonsense I guess. Spoilerinos.
    Did I miss something at the very end? Was I supposed to get a choice for Carlos to shoot Delta? Or is it some more "everything that's can happen is gonna happen and stuff, so it doesn't matter bruh" type stuff?
    I was lukewarm on most of the characters, but it was absolutely worth it for more Siggy and Phido. Diana was pretty great too.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    I finished the stranded ending and
    yeah it's obvious that delta is zero immediately, I noticed phi's X-code being twin early on and kept it tucked away. but that still leaves something missing from VLR and... huh. there's only one option left and it can't be that