Options

999[DS] / VLR / ZE3 [3DS/PSV]: Wassup. You have ...Somnium Files? Siggyyy. Phidooo.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    wrapped it up tonight on my lunch break

Ending spoilers
    I wasn't a fan of the cliffhanger/sequel hook they used. Unless they're doing that Crisis/Owlman "It doesn't matter." thing. I'll mirror everyone's sentiment that Mira was unnecessary and that particular plot hook didn't bear much satisfying fruit. But now she's a part of Mystery Inc now? And everyone is just like, cool with that shit? Get the fuck outta here.

Carlos ended up being my favorite from the new characters, Punished Junpei didn't annoy me as much as he did some others. Overall I think the ending hit about half the notes they shot for in the promises about what the game meant for the overall plot but I was satisfied with more than a few of the reveals.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Boy this transporter room puzzle's going to be a blast...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    wrapped it up tonight on my lunch break

Ending spoilers
    I wasn't a fan of the cliffhanger/sequel hook they used. Unless they're doing that Crisis/Owlman "It doesn't matter." thing. I'll mirror everyone's sentiment that Mira was unnecessary and that particular plot hook didn't bear much satisfying fruit. But now she's a part of Mystery Inc now? And everyone is just like, cool with that shit? Get the fuck outta here.

Carlos ended up being my favorite from the new characters, Punished Junpei didn't annoy me as much as he did some others. Overall I think the ending hit about half the notes they shot for in the promises about what the game meant for the overall plot but I was satisfied with more than a few of the reveals.

Important note:

Several pages are added to your notes after finishing the final ending, which act as an epilogue for some of the characters. The info there addresses some, but not all, of your concerns with the ending.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    cj iwakura wrote: »

If you mean interpreting the symbols, it isn't that difficult. Although identifying the (rest of the) primes is a minor nuisance.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Just got D-End: 2.

Uhm, wow.
    Phi is Sigma's and Diana's daughter?

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

Also, looks like things are slowly but surely moving towards the true ending. The flowchart rearranging was pretty cool.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Also it was explained to me that Biolab
    Was foreshadowing Zero's overall plan. They can take the Fanatic that might not exist but will definitely kill them if it does or they can take Radical-6 that will give them a chance of survival

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Was foreshadowing Zero's overall plan. They can take the Fanatic that might not exist but will definitely kill them if it does or they can take Radical-6 that will give them a chance of survival

Funny, then, that
    the outbreak only occurs if you reject to inject Radical-6

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Funny, then, that
    the outbreak only occurs if you reject to inject Radical-6
    Looking back, Radical Six has a listed 75% lethality and ends up actually killing 6 billion people, while the alternative kills 8 billion people. I assume that Zero probably fudged the numbers on the actual per-case lethality rates to match that instead.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

If you mean interpreting the symbols, it isn't that difficult. Although identifying the (rest of the) primes is a minor nuisance.

There must be something I'm missing here. I only have two of the chapters, how do you unlock the rest?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Trying some of the puzzles will periodically make more entries appear in the holo-book.

• Options

There must be something I'm missing here. I only have two of the chapters, how do you unlock the rest?

IIRC, the first set of unlocks should come after you correctly identify the symbols in the "check" box.
    Given that the numbers range from 0-13 and you multiply symbols written together, notice the triple-moon symbol. There is only one number that has a unique cube (moon X moon X moon) in that range. Similar logic applies to the double-man symbol once you've eliminated moon-related options. Once you have those all that are left are primes, and that's where the weird "card fight" device comes in.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Post game file spoilers:
    Jesus tapdancing christ the idea of Sean busting Mira out of prison to go steal the mcguffin so she can go back in time and tell herself to not murder a jogger is so stupid it might somehow loop back around to being brilliant.

I feel like the game could have cut out Sean, Mira, and Eric entirely and been a better experience for it.

Also I thought the delta reveal was idiotic. One of them has, you'd assume, been pushing a old, supposedly deaf and blind man around in a wheelchair the entire time, but no one feels like mentioning it until the very end. What a tweeeeeest!
    Bitching aside, I'd probably still play another one if it came out.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Post game file spoilers:
    Jesus tapdancing christ the idea of Sean busting Mira out of prison to go steal the mcguffin so she can go back in time and tell herself to not murder a jogger is so stupid it might somehow loop back around to being brilliant.

I feel like the game could have cut out Sean, Mira, and Eric entirely and been a better experience for it.

Also I thought the delta reveal was idiotic. One of them has, you'd assume, been pushing a old, supposedly deaf and blind man around in a wheelchair the entire time, but no one feels like mentioning it until the very end. What a tweeeeeest!
    I assume that "person" was Sean.

• Options
    Post game file spoilers:

like, when they're changing rooms? I guess I can see that.

The reveal makes some sense, in a "It's not inconceivable that the characters would act this way" sense. Since Q was introduced to them as incapable of doing anything relevant to playing the decision game, it makes some sense that someone like Eric would effectively disregard his presence, as he would be both incapable of helping, and beneath suspicion for murders.

Two things that the reveal makes confusing, though.

First, that Eric knows Sean's name, but never says that or 'Q' until the confrontation in the transporter room.

Second, that the Mexican standoff event even happens. Though, perhaps it's meant to imply that Eric is either just that distrustful of Sean, or not enough of a heartless bastard to default to killing an invalid old man to get out. Then again, he presumably goes on to kill Q right after bombing Sean in the "don't shoot" bad end, since Sean has no X-passes.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Post game file spoilers:

like, when they're changing rooms? I guess I can see that.

The reveal makes some sense, in a "It's not inconceivable that the characters would act this way" sense. Since Q was introduced to them as incapable of doing anything relevant to playing the decision game, it makes some sense that someone like Eric would effectively disregard his presence, as he would be both incapable of helping, and beneath suspicion for murders.

Two things that the reveal makes confusing, though.

First, that Eric knows Sean's name, but never says that or 'Q' until the confrontation in the transporter room.

Second, that the Mexican standoff event even happens. Though, perhaps it's meant to imply that Eric is either just that distrustful of Sean, or not enough of a heartless bastard to default to killing an invalid old man to get out. Then again, he presumably goes on to kill Q right after bombing Sean in the "don't shoot" bad end, since Sean has no X-passes.
    It's a major hint that there's another person when people on Team Q are killed off, because there's a second instance of whatever killed Sean while the camera uses a discretion shot of the ceiling. Two shotgun blasts, for instance.

Also, there are times when the presence of Q/Delta is specifically mentioned, like when Sean is talking to him and calls him "old man". You just assumed he was talking about Gab!

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I beat the game? I can't tell if I beat the game or not. that's not a good sign for an ending!

• Options
    Did you coincide?

Also, there's going to be new entries in the Files section acting as an epilogue when you beat the game.

• Options
    yes, but you can't check the files from the flow menu so I had to go to wherever to see if I actually had them. I also spent the whole game trying to figure out something and as far as I can tell it never comes up
    whose body kyle is in. no one matches it, except gab? but that doesn't make sense

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Late game spoilery stuff.
    I also thought having Sean pick up and rattle the force quit box after hearing Sigma (?) talk about how heavy it was was a bit too obvious. OK, kid's a robot. Got it, great. I will admit I didn't expect his head to fall off though.

Also, did I miss something or does the game ever address why Mira got strangled by robosean?

• Options
    I also thought having Sean pick up and rattle the force quit box after hearing Sigma (?) talk about how heavy it was was a bit too obvious. OK, kid's a robot. Got it, great. I will admit I didn't expect his head to fall off though.

Also, did I miss something or does the game ever address why Mira got strangled by robosean?
    she didn't get strangled by sean, for starters

• Options
    Jars wrote: »

OK then I definitely missed something. I assumed from the wee little hand prints it was him. Or one of the other robits.

Thinking about it, I wish there had been a Lagomorph equivalent. That damn bunny was a treasure. Beats out Sawvoice McBirdmask any day of the week.

• Options

OK then I definitely missed something. I assumed from the wee little hand prints it was him. Or one of the other robits.

Thinking about it, I wish there had been a Lagomorph equivalent. That damn bunny was a treasure. Beats out Sawvoice McBirdmask any day of the week.
    i initially thought that the 3 boxes just had different contents.

Mira was strangled by Delta. Presumably either to bring the progression of events to some necessary point, or perhaps he simply thinks she deserves to die for her crimes/the world-ending events that happen as a result of what she's done. Hard to tell. His motives are... Complex

• Options

Mira was strangled by Delta. Presumably either to bring the progression of events to some necessary point, or perhaps he simply thinks she deserves to die for her crimes/the world-ending events that happen as a result of what she's done. Hard to tell. His motives are... Complex

Huh. Totally missed that. Googled around for a bit, getting the feeling I missed a lot of stuff.
    So is the woman lil' Mira kills Eric's mother? Is the kid who dies because of the taxi silliness Sean? If that's the case, basing the robit off of him makes a little more sense.

• Options

Huh. Totally missed that. Googled around for a bit, getting the feeling I missed a lot of stuff.
    So is the woman lil' Mira kills Eric's mother? Is the kid who dies because of the taxi silliness Sean? If that's the case, basing the robit off of him makes a little more sense.
    yes to both.

Not only that, but the man who was falsely executed for the murder, and his wife who committed suicide in greif, were Akane's parents. And presumably, Akane's lack of a family watching out for her was part of why she was chosen to be kidnapped for the Nonary game as a kid.

Life is truly unfair.

• Options
    No shit? OK I guess I have to give this game a little more credit.

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular

Follow-up spoilers:
    Delta only kills Mira in the timeline where Mira kills Junpei. Although he doesn't explicitly give a reason for this, I got the impression he did it either as retaliation for Junpei's murder or to protect someone else from following her fate.

This doesn't fully explain everything, because Mira is still alive in the alternate line down the dead Junpei path where Q-team goes to the Study. So, I'm not 100% sure why Mira dies either.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    the stuff with mira isn't really explained. nothing about why she killed junpei, or why she was excluded from the rules or why he needed her at all. aside from that one time delta clearly isn't interested in punishing her at all for everything she set in motion

Q team's existence on a whole is pretty flimsy. they don't serve any purpose. I guess because mira is unpredictable with the radical 6?

Jars on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Xerink wrote: »

Follow-up spoilers:
    Delta only kills Mira in the timeline where Mira kills Junpei. Although he doesn't explicitly give a reason for this, I got the impression he did it either as retaliation for Junpei's murder or to protect someone else from following her fate.

This doesn't fully explain everything, because Mira is still alive in the alternate line down the dead Junpei path where Q-team goes to the Study. So, I'm not 100% sure why Mira dies either.
    the one difference between the two would be Carlos's answer as to who killed Junpei. The path where Mira dies is the one where he kills Akane in revenge and is subsequently replaced with the mind of a SHIFTing Carlos. Being that Delta is a mind reader, he would certainly have noticed that Carlos's consciousness swapped. Perhaps one reason why he killed Mira was to force the confrontation in the Teleporter room, so that Carlos would be able to take the info he learned there and use it to advance his team towards the Outbreak ending. After all, if Carlos wasn't around to break Akane and Junpei out, VLR could not happen. Carlos learning the transporter's function and then shifting out was necessary for Delta's 3 goals.

That chain of events also allowed him to give Sean the computer password for later.

Also, when was it said that Mira killed Junpei? I assumed Delta did, either personally or with a Sean-bot. Considering that his limbs were set up as part of the puzzle room for C-Team.

I mean, Q team definitely fits into the plot, but I won't pretend it's not a bit messy.

Enlong on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Question about Zero
    How did he record and play the video for C-team explaining that he's dead in this timeline so please go to another timeline to speak to him. That seems like an impressive trick even with someone who can read minds.

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    Xerink wrote: »

Follow-up spoilers:

the one difference between the two would be Carlos's answer as to who killed Junpei. The path where Mira dies is the one where he kills Akane in revenge and is subsequently replaced with the mind of a SHIFTing Carlos. Being that Delta is a mind reader, he would certainly have noticed that Carlos's consciousness swapped. Perhaps one reason why he killed Mira was to force the confrontation in the Teleporter room, so that Carlos would be able to take the info he learned there and use it to advance his team towards the Outbreak ending. After all, if Carlos wasn't around to break Akane and Junpei out, VLR could not happen. Carlos learning the transporter's function and then shifting out was necessary for Delta's 3 goals.

That chain of events also allowed him to give Sean the computer password for later.

Also, when was it said that Mira killed Junpei? I assumed Delta did, either personally or with a Sean-bot. Considering that his limbs were set up as part of the puzzle room for C-Team.

I mean, Q team definitely fits into the plot, but I won't pretend it's not a bit messy.
    When Eric questions Delta about Mira's death after the reveal, he accuses Delta of killing Junpei as well. It is after this Delta reveals that it was actually Mira that killed Junpei and that she was not held to the same rules as the others. He then admits to killing Mira, but he kind of leaves it at that rather than giving a specific reason for why.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    Taya wrote: »
    Question about Zero
    How did he record and play the video for C-team explaining that he's dead in this timeline so please go to another timeline to speak to him. That seems like an impressive trick even with someone who can read minds.
    remind me; did they get that message after foiling the Sean-bot's attempt to punish them for a rule violation?

If so, I think I can see how he knew to set that up.

Since he can read the minds of everyone in the facility, and has constant surveillance besides, he would know what the execution vote is and whether he was on the chopping block.

Then it's simply a matter of setting the video to play if C-team enters alternate-timeline X-passes and survives the punishment robot, and make sure that's set up before he has Q team wake up to be executed.

As for how he knew that he needed that ready at all? Probably a result of reading the minds of Sigma, Phi, and Akane and knowing that he has to get them on the path to VLR. that, or he's been reviewing the various possibilities using Sean's memories in the quantum computer.

• Options

IIRC, the first set of unlocks should come after you correctly identify the symbols in the "check" box.
    Given that the numbers range from 0-13 and you multiply symbols written together, notice the triple-moon symbol. There is only one number that has a unique cube (moon X moon X moon) in that range. Similar logic applies to the double-man symbol once you've eliminated moon-related options. Once you have those all that are left are primes, and that's where the weird "card fight" device comes in.

We had to hash that out over pen and paper during lunch. Fun.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Here's my honest opinion, when all is said and done. Major ending spoilers.
    On its own, Zero Escape 3 is great. I think it's very tight in and of itself and asks and answers a lot of questions in and of itself. Up until 21 hours of gameplay, I thought it was "crazy awesome" as I said in this thread.

3.5 hours later, I could not believe the game was already over and I was stunned. No answers to ANY of the questions I wanted answers to? What?

As a sequel is pretty much sucks. It does not address ANY of the items I have been waiting for years for this final chapter to address. I feel like they pretty much ruined their opportunity to properly follow up Zero Escape 2 and I really just don't understand what the fuck they were thinking.

I don't think I'm in a minority with wanting to understand where Kyle went and who "you" are at the end of Zero Escape 2.

I lived through the inexpressible sadness at learning that Zero Escape 2 was canceled, because I knew how unlikely it was to get these answers. Then the inexpressible hope at learning of the game's reincarnation. And I've circled back almost to inexpressible sadness at the fact that I waited this long for answers and they will never come. Not because the game was dropped forever, but...for some reason I literally cannot comprehend.

I also feel, that, even taking ZE2 and ZE3 independently, ZE2 was a much more robust, fuller experience. This game was just too easy and straightforward.

I hate that I feel this way.

I really hate saying it out loud.

But this is honestly what I feel. The game is, on many levels, a massive disappointment, even though on other levels I really enjoyed it, taking the game for what it is, in and of itself.

I don't know what to feel.

Maybe they are going to release a Zero Escape 3 B game where somehow Carlos's decision to shoot or not shoot at the end diverged the entire game into what we played, where we get no fucking answers from ZE2 other than to fill in details of the shitty timeline everyone in ZE2 finds themselves in, and one where we do get those answers. But that doesn't make any sense so it's not going to happen.

This post is born of a festering disappointment after completing the game days ago.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I appreciate this is a spoilery question, so it might be difficult to answer, but - does this resolve the mysteries left from VLR? Does it have closure and feel like the end of Zero Escape?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Some, but definitely not all, questions from VLR get answered.

As for whether it feels like the end? That depends on who you ask, I think. The ending either feels like the end, or like a sequel hook. I'm not sure which I think it is.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

As for whether it feels like the end? That depends on who you ask, I think. The ending either feels like the end, or like a sequel hook. I'm not sure which I think it is.

I think it feels like an end that doesn't have to be an end. Much like the ending of 999.

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

I think it feels like an end that doesn't have to be an end. Much like the ending of 999.

That sounds about right.

• Options
    999 ended better though. everything I wanted answered I got. there was one thing that was left to mystery but it didn't really matter

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    I tell you what though I'm looking forward to the inevitable Uchikoshi ZTD Q&A

• Options
    I need to replay the last ending of VLR to refresh myself on what was said about Kyle and ?, to see if there was something I missed or misinterpreted in ZTD.