As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE] This thread is closed for business

• Options
    intelnaviintelnavi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I sort of lazily half-ass a couple planets with whatever the second level of control center is for coolant and random other stuff and it makes about a mil per week if I actually do stuff.

A mil? egh. Better command centers definitely help a ton.

intelnavi on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You can make a few mil a day just with Standard command centers.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That requires :effort:

hailthefish on
  • Options
    Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    A mil a week is so far below the :effort: threshold it's not worth even opening the PI interface.

Just Some Dude on
    Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • Options
    StorkStork Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    A mil a week isn't worth pushing F1.

Stork on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    My EVE playing is kind of on hold. It's hard to go on ops when the puppy needs to go out every couple hours.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wish there were single player EVE. I would love to be able to see what it was like to fly a carrier or something even bigger without risking losing weeks or months (or years) of my life in investment.

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wish there were single player EVE. I would love to be able to see what it was like to fly a carrier or something even bigger without risking losing weeks or months (or years) of my life in investment.

if you already have the skills trained there is singularity, the test server. it has every ship/mod seeded(except for supercaps) on markets for 10isk each.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Once my carrier alt can actually step in the hull, I'm going to play in sisi for like a week figuring out what the crap. It's a great resource to play with stuff.

Just Some Dude on
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was really disappointed when i first got into caps.

Dreads were just fffff do i have enough cap to jump and siege yet? and carriers were just like playing a giant awkward dominix :?

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    But....jump drives. Jump Drives.

Just Some Dude on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    and running multiple cyno accounts, importing fuel + ammo / begging for directors or people with cache access to give you some, and actually being forced to watch local aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm just glad I've never had the urge to fly a supercap. Holding characters, safe posses, and even more things to worry about :rotate:

e; it is worth going and buying one to say you've done it though and have the experience. Maybe once the servers ever get stable enough to support blobs that can minimize SC overpoweredness, i might try again.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Wait what's a holding character? Why do I have to learn a new term every fucking day? Should I start training a sc alt now?

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Holding characters are basically purpose built alts that are trained up to level 3 of your racial carrier. You use them to pilot the SC when your main has to absolutely do something like apply to a new corp and they can't do it space. Or if you think you want to take a break for a long time, then you put that alt in the SC, and go fly around small shit on your main.

Many people also have personal low sec POS set up for those occasions so they can transfer 'relatively' safely.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    Evil DaveEvil Dave Loot Whore Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I doubt it would be half as novel to fly a cap ship if you didn't have the chance of losing it. EVE is all about this sort of tension.
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Should I start training a sc alt now?

It is never too soon to start an alt. I started an alt before I new what I wanted an alt for. 3 weeks later I was done with learning skills and had figured what I would use it for.

Evil Dave on
    Demerdar wrote: »
    Imagine 60 thousand people screaming at an egg.
    PAsig.jpg
  • Options
    Dynamic PriceDynamic Price Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So after a Long Hiatus from EVE i finally wanted to jump back in. But im not in MERCHI anymore.. So im wondering if its still up? anyone able to invite once again to jump back into the fray

EDIT: Applied to the corp ;D

Dynamic Price on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So has anyone hopped on SiSi yet to try out the new character creator?

I've been looking at some screenshots and it seems they really did change race attributes around.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So after a Long Hiatus from EVE i finally wanted to jump back in. But im not in MERCHI anymore.. So im wondering if its still up? anyone able to invite once again to jump back into the fray

The reason you're not in merchi any more is that you spent the last two years hopping around shitty atlas pet corps. I'm not sure I'd call that a hiatus.

Just sayin'.

Just Some Dude on
  • Options
    rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    new char stuff rocks

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

http://www.dust514stats.com
  • Options
    edited October 2010

The reason you're not in merchi any more is that you spent the last two years hopping around shitty atlas pet corps. I'm not sure I'd call that a hiatus.

Just sayin'.

Sadly enough i wasn't even playing during that time =/

Dynamic Price on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Which means you gave your info out to someone else, which means if you're in Merch we could easily have someone else logged in as you, which is a problem.

Don't get your hopes up.

Evil Dave on
    PAsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well i tried
    I was called a spy while in the corp and im called when im trying to get back in ._.

Dynamic Price on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You gave your account info to someone else, who had your character in hostile corps for the last two years. What, prey tell, are we supposed to think about that? How do we even know it wasn't actually you? Or that this person isn't going to log in to your account and spy for a hostile entity? This isn't WoW, there are real consequences to this stuff in EVE.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    You gave your account info to someone else, who had your character in hostile corps for the last two years. What, prey tell, are we supposed to think about that? How do we even know it wasn't actually you? Or that this person isn't going to log in to your account and spy for a hostile entity? This isn't WoW, there are real consequences to this stuff in EVE.

Yeah i know all about that stuff, Like I said i took a break and just wanted to get back =/

Dynamic Price on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Internet Spaceships is srs bsns. No spies allowed.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    We have enough spies as it is.

If we let more in, they won't be able to feed new information to their masters and feed their families.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    My investigations have revealed that the corp in fact consists entirely of spies. There's a lot of pressure to recruit at least one non-spy so people have someone to spy on.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    You can legitimately spy on another spy if they are spying for someone else. The trick is that no one is telling who they are spying for, so there is no way to be sure we have sufficient variety.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm a spy. I have always been a spy. I work for the Russians. I always say this, but no one ever believes me :(

btw I can be bought.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    As long as you don't work for the germans.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm not a spy, I just don't want to be in a corp that runs with the goons, bunch of no class slackers

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

http://www.dust514stats.com
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I work for the Libyans.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    rucdoc wrote: »
    I'm not a spy, I just don't want to be in a corp that runs with the goons, bunch of no class slackers

Goons can't run, you are a terrible spy.

Stork on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    I'm a spy. I have always been a spy. I work for the Russians. I always say this, but no one ever believes me :(

btw I can be bought.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'll promise you a Bhaalgorn if you'll turn and spy for Norway.

Not just any Bhaalgorn.

A Bhaalgorn, in the future!

Evil Dave on
    PAsig.jpg
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wish I could get into this -- I'm still intimidated by the spreadsheets.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I wish I could get into this -- I'm still intimidated by the spreadsheets.

The tutorials are pretty good, and in my experience Merchi and goons in general are extremely patient with explaining stuff to newbies. There are even newbie ops; basically optional classes where they teach you the basics.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've played eve for quite I while and I don't do spreadsheets, though if you want to get truly space-rich you probably have to.

I'm pretty content with my space-middle-class.

Just Some Dude on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Proud space-hobo.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've played eve for quite I while and I don't do spreadsheets, though if you want to get truly space-rich you probably have to.

I'm pretty content with my space-middle-class.

space-middle-class hi5

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    There's at least one filthy-space-rich-mrchi who is constantly trying to give money to those who need it on the forums.

Stork on
This discussion has been closed.