As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE] This thread is closed for business

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    We get on your nerves because we don't put up with dumb people who can't read the rules, then when they get all butthurt because they're dumb and got temp banned and started swearing at us, we call them out on it?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Your posting reminds me of why pubs get on my nerves, also reminds me why I'm glad I've never had to deal with any of lot in other games.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I said Goonfleet, but the majority of the people in the Corp weren't even Penny Arcaders from what I noticed. And yes that thing in particular does seem like a dick move, since I'm of the opinion a Penny Arcader should be excellent to their fellow Penny Arcader's regardless of the setting.

Meh, wont go into anything more on it. I know the response I'll get if I do.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    I am also of the opinion that penny arcaders should be excellence to other penny arcaders, and for almost every interaction I have seen in games they are.

Goons are not penny arcaders though. And despite that we have been close buddies with them in EVE for years, penny arcaders are not goons. There are fundamental cultural differences in there. None of them stop us from having fun and shotting mans though.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Try breaking the rules on these forums and see how excellent the mods will be to you.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    I said Goonfleet, but the majority of the people in the Corp weren't even Penny Arcaders from what I noticed. And yes that thing in particular does seem like a dick move, since I'm of the opinion a Penny Arcader should be excellent to their fellow Penny Arcader's regardless of the setting.

The thing is that we are excellent to each other. I have never had a negative experience with a fellow corp member and in fact I like every one I've ever talked to. I completely trust them not to fuck me with in-game deals and with in-game info (at least not knowingly, lol). Also, that guy was being an asshole and got mad when people tried to explain to him why he got temp banned, and he started saying shit like eat dicks and shut the fuck up, etc., when he should have said, "Whoops, my bad! Guess I won't do that again!" and laughed about it. Then Sal kicked him for being a douche because anyone who gets so angry about something so dumb (and temporary) and is antagonistic towards everyone else because he can't understand that he was in the wrong in the first place, isn't really the best fit for us.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In the words of whichever mod it was, "Be excellent to eachother, you fucking cunts"

hailthefish on
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    When operating in an organization comprised of several thousand individuals, with affiliates pushing it into the 10k+ range, members are expected to follow the rules otherwise everyone suffers. Especially when these rules are spelled out in multiple places and repeated to near mantra levels.

Regardless of background affiliation, when a person acts so contrary to the culture of the organization and takes a mild ribbing so poorly, our responses were right in line.

Don't be a dick can only go so far in the face of repeated ignorance.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In the words of whichever mod it was, "Be excellent to eachother, you fucking cunts"

Cardboard Tube, aka Lewie P's Stepdad, aka our main Penny Arcade forum admin (not MerchI).

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    CharaChara Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I grabbed the free trial and I am messing around, I remember I tried playing this years ago and just couldn't get into it at all. This time seems to be going better. I did some missions from the career advancment thing in the help menu and some things seem clearer but is there any good like guides or wiki's or something. I still feel lost. I am used to WoW, this is not WoW. I am scared.

Chara on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I can't imagine that Dust players are going to be utterly reliant on EVE players to get from one planet to another. Perhaps EVE pilots could make movement more efficient but forcing Dust players to need EVE players to get anywhere would probably make playing Dust far, far too tedious.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Darmak wrote: »

The thing is that we are excellent to each other. I have never had a negative experience with a fellow corp member and in fact I like every one I've ever talked to. I completely trust them not to fuck me with in-game deals and with in-game info (at least not knowingly, lol). Also, that guy was being an asshole and got mad when people tried to explain to him why he got temp banned, and he started saying shit like eat dicks and shut the fuck up, etc., when he should have said, "Whoops, my bad! Guess I won't do that again!" and laughed about it. Then Sal kicked him for being a douche because anyone who gets so angry about something so dumb (and temporary) and is antagonistic towards everyone else because he can't understand that he was in the wrong in the first place, isn't really the best fit for us.

This, basically. I've come and gone from EVE 3 times total, and every time I have never had a bad experience with MRCHI or Goons because I read the goddamn rules. As someone else said, when you're dealing with massive groups of people then you've gotta know and follow the rules.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I can't imagine that Dust players are going to be utterly reliant on EVE players to get from one planet to another. Perhaps EVE pilots could make movement more efficient but forcing Dust players to need EVE players to get anywhere would probably make playing Dust far, far too tedious.

They may well make them computer controlled, Merc commander tells Warbarge where to go, Warbarge goes on autopilot and flies there, if it gets shot at/there is a fight, it fights back like an NPC ship would.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

They may well make them computer controlled, Merc commander tells Warbarge where to go, Warbarge goes on autopilot and flies there, if it gets shot at/there is a fight, it fights back like an NPC ship would.

I agree. That sounds like a pretty solid way to handle it.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm of the opinion a Penny Arcader should be excellent to their fellow Penny Arcader's regardless of the setting.

I don't think you understand, the person they banned was Wiggin... Wiggin gets banned from penny-arcade all the time.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I agree. That sounds like a pretty solid way to handle it.

Last I remember, NPC ships don't fair so well.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

They are being excellent. That's why it's a temp ban.

Plus, I think they let you sing on Mumble to get out of it. Or is that old news?

KiTA on
  • Options
    MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I picked this back up, and decided I'd try being a trader! Convoyyyyy, etc etc, and tried practice trading some stuff in high-sec before I ran out into null-sec.

I can't read decimal points, so I lost my entire million ISK I had. I know, it was a fortune, and squandered on Quafe Ultra.

In unrelated matters, is MerchI taking on active PAers still? I clearly have the skills to pay the bills.

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I like this game, but it's hard for me to get into when nobody I know is still playing it.

Space can be lonely

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'd rather join an actual corp where my tax is actually being sent to real people opposed to my stupid NPC corp where the 10% tax is getting sent out into thin air. but I wouldn't feel terribly useful since I just run missions

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    ShiningfuryShiningfury Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just make your own corp if you're going to do nothing but run missions. It takes very little time and isk.

Also, after having been in Goonswarm for two months I don't understand why PA and Ars people swing so hard on SA's nuts. They make outstanding wikis and training videos, but on a personal level they are the most unappealing group I've interacted with online.

Shiningfury on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Just make your own corp if you're going to do nothing but run missions. It takes very little time and isk.

Also, after having been in Goonswarm for two months I don't understand why PA and Ars people swing so hard on SA's nuts. They make outstanding wikis and training videos, but on a personal level they are the most unappealing group I've interacted with online.

I agree. I am with Merchi for Merchi. If we were not allied with the goons so hard I would say they can rot. And I say that having never been wronged by a goon in EVE. I know if I were not Merchi, I would be blasted by them at every opportunity, and while they make great neighbors (on their own terms) in EVE, they have been straight up shitty neighbors in every other game I have encountered them in.

TL; DR: Mind your P's and Q's around goons or you might as well fly on the other side of the Galaxy.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I agree. I am with Merchi for Merchi. If we were not allied with the goons so hard I would say they can rot. And I say that having never been wronged by a goon in EVE. I know if I were not Merchi, I would be blasted by them at every opportunity, and while they make great neighbors (on their own terms) in EVE, they have been straight up shitty neighbors in every other game I have encountered them in.

TL; DR: Mind your P's and Q's around goons or you might as well fly on the other side of the Galaxy.

I've actually had a positive experience with Goons in every game I've played with Goons (especially Tribes 2, their server was the best (not just because it had the most people and a damn fine ping either)).

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have discovered that the Goons have an especially delightful time interfering with role players in games where role playing is a component, which isn't Tribes.

And you don't even have to be the furry/angsty type either. You talk in character and the Goons will target you.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Maybe you're doing it wrong, RPing out where any random internet fuckwad can come "target you".

hailthefish on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

aren't other corps just going to war-dec my small one just because they can? I mean I guess that'll happen in a real corp but at least a real corp has real members for support

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wren wrote: »

aren't other corps just going to war-dec my small one just because they can? I mean I guess that'll happen in a real corp but at least a real corp has real members for support

I wouldn't worry about making another corp. Doing missions is just fine for ISK, especially since CCP has a huge boner lately for highsec handjobs. I think we have a gurristas pirates op hub nearby, not sure if it's blue over there right now.

Anything has to be more fun than just sitting around killing anoms, anyway. Guh.

(Although, actually, doing Incursions is stupid amounts of money and jewpoints, and is effectively missions for big kids. You might want to look into skilling up for that, I know I am.)

KiTA on
  • Options
    Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mouschi wrote: »
    So I picked this back up, and decided I'd try being a trader! Convoyyyyy, etc etc, and tried practice trading some stuff in high-sec before I ran out into null-sec.

I can't read decimal points, so I lost my entire million ISK I had. I know, it was a fortune, and squandered on Quafe Ultra.

In unrelated matters, is MerchI taking on active PAers still? I clearly have the skills to pay the bills.

We're still admitting spies who have put in enough effort to have a posting history.

Just Some Dude on
    Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Woo, 21 days until I can train the actual t2 large energy gun skills.
    Probably could have already gotten t2 cruise missiles in the time it's taken me to train up the extra prereq skills to the needed levels. Fucking guns needing so much extra shit that missiles don't to get t2.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    do not train t2 cruise ever under any circumstances

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Darmak wrote: »

I've actually had a positive experience with Goons in every game I've played with Goons (especially Tribes 2, their server was the best (not just because it had the most people and a damn fine ping either)).

When I lost my first or second ratting ship to a roaming gang of dramiels, I accidentally mentioned it on the alliance channel instead of corp. I got a lot of "cry moar" and "LOL MRCHI", but the same people who said that also sent me enough ISK to buy a whole bunch of fitted Drakes*. Then they probably went on to mock Courthouse for recruiting the most pathetic crop of newbies ever. I learned to appreciate the Goonswarm community right then.

*Your experience may vary.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    PA DallasPA Dallas Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mouschi wrote: »

We're still admitting spies who have put in enough effort to have a posting history.

I have 2 posts in 4 years. Is that enough to be a spy?

PA Dallas on
    I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's.
    And his hair was perfect.
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »

So wait, not only are t2 missiles quicker to train for, but they're also not worth training for? Or is it just cruises specifically.
    (I'll probably eventually train for a raven so I can sleep through l4s, may as well learn what I can)

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    At this point pretty much all I do is mine ores and sell them, so I should probably start going for a mining barge. Another advantage is I actually have a gas command station which requires twice the cargo capacity of my Scythe.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

So wait, not only are t2 missiles quicker to train for, but they're also not worth training for? Or is it just cruises specifically.
    (I'll probably eventually train for a raven so I can sleep through l4s, may as well learn what I can)

T2 hml's are great, because tengus are boss.

All the other missiles aren't really worth it when you can just buy best named and use faction ammo.

Guns take longer skill wise but will beat out missiles with proper use.

Mostly it all just depends on what you're wanting to shoot at vOv

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    runaway_pancakerunaway_pancake Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wren wrote: »
    I'd rather join an actual corp where my tax is actually being sent to real people opposed to my stupid NPC corp where the 10% tax is getting sent out into thin air. but I wouldn't feel terribly useful since I just run missions
    Simply earning tax revenue for the corp is useful. :shrug:

Joining MerchI would probably mean you'd have to stop doing empire missions because of wardecs. But you could replace missions with higher end pve like incursions or complexes.

runaway_pancake on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ah so it wouldn't be possible to do level 2 missions relatively unharassed anymore? I just have my little cruiser right now

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Avynte wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

T2 hml's are great, because tengus are boss.

All the other missiles aren't really worth it when you can just buy best named and use faction ammo.

Guns take longer skill wise but will beat out missiles with proper use.

Mostly it all just depends on what you're wanting to shoot at vOv

if IF you must train missiles to t2 other than heavies(seriously heavies and tengus own) it should be torps because sometime down the road the phoenix might become useful again

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    And ofc for Stealth Bombers.

But yeah in the long run, it's best to think of missiles as a secondary weapon group, like drones. Sure it's good to be able to use them, and they're both great for PvE, but turrets are really the mainstay of boat-violencing.

V1m on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I like my little missile boat. are they better suited for electronic warfare further down the road?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.