[EVE] This thread is closed for business

15657585961

Posts

  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wren wrote: »
    I like my little missile boat. are they better suited for electronic warfare further down the road?

    It depends on what kind of electronic warfare.

    If you're going down the missile path, combined with caldari ships, then you'll focus on jamming. The blackbird, falcon, and scorpion are all awesome ships for that. Even if they do get primaried first every fleet fight :x

    Your other options for racial ecms are pretty meh outside of specific occasions, with remote sensor dampeners (gallente), tracking disruptors (amarr), and target painters (minmatar).

    Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    maybe I'll start focusing on that next. what sort of training should I be looking at for jamming besides the obvious electronic warfare

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You'll also want at 4:

    Caldari Cruiser or Caldari Battleship
    Long distance jamming
    Frequency modulation

    Just be aware that ecm is ineffective in PvE, and at worst will get you primaried fast by Sleepers and Incursion Sansha (they really hate ecm).

    So stick to pvp with it, and you'll be an amazing force multiplier.

    Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • ScreamlineScreamline Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I've resubbed after an extremely long hiatus. What are the chances of getting back into MRCHI? I was (still am, really) Marius Duvall.

    Screamline on
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If you made it in before, you'll make it in again as soon as Random gets around to the application.

    Running an internet spaceship HR department is pretty time consuming.

    Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Avynte wrote: »
    You'll also want at 4:

    Caldari Cruiser or Caldari Battleship
    Long distance jamming
    Frequency modulation

    Just be aware that ecm is ineffective in PvE, and at worst will get you primaried fast by Sleepers and Incursion Sansha (they really hate ecm).

    So stick to pvp with it, and you'll be an amazing force multiplier.

    well for jamming I wasn't thinking PvE really, just helping out in PvP. this loadout looked alright and besides the rigs its all pretty cheap

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That's not bad. I wouldn't bother with the rigs if you're just making a cheap ship. I'd also probably put an offline medium armor rep in the high slot for repairing the fleet between engagements.

    Oh, and put another full rack of ecm mods in the cargo hold so you can re-fit on the fly.

    ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • ResorathResorath Registered User
    edited June 2011
    So I renewed my main account after playing around with trial a bit.

    I seem to enjoy reading about every aspect of this game, learning everything I can about it and basically obsessing over it while not playing it. But as soon as I log in I'm bored as hell.

    Resorath on
    makibanner.png
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm finding myself pleasantly interested in the combat missions so far, though these have only been the basic career agent missions and I'm not holding my breath that they'll stay interesting.

    Of course, what you describe is a problem I've had just as easily in WoW despite it having more decent solo content.

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    The consensus in Merchi seems to be that the solution to boredom in game is to go out and shot mans.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wren wrote: »
    ah so it wouldn't be possible to do level 2 missions relatively unharassed anymore? I just have my little cruiser right now

    About a year ago I was doing missions in highsec while a member of merch, cause I had no cluuuue where people were, was too much of a newbie idiot to speak up, afraid of death, etc etc. I just picked a nice out of the way spot and kept quiet.

    Made enough for a Domi (Space potato, standard Gallente drone boat) before I went stark raving mad.

    When I came back this time I sold the Domi and it's fittings at fuckme prices in highsec, podjumped to our current hangout, and started doing anomalies in a Vexor once I stopped being terrified of dying. Right now I get like 20-30 million isk in a T2 Vexor each time I do an anom, so... Definitely more Isk than missions, but Christ it's boring playing as Spacefrench.

    I'm about to try skilling up for a Zealot (Amar ship) and a Mishtar (T2 Vexor with specific fittings for hacking and mining) so I can do Incursions properly. I made an absolutely unholy amount of jewgold doing the one Incursion I did. Simply amazing.

    KiTA on
    time to crash, the dawn is up, the sun gleems out glorious ps4 sunbeams and i can trade those sunbeams and do whatever i want with them.
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    YEah, the isk is ungody in nullsec.

    I was jewing around mopping up the wrecks that Mentakona left laying around for us; and I was near his ship that was killing rats so I could pick up some position markers that he dropped for me. All I did was warp in, grab the canister and warp out and 10 minutes later I get a wallet notification that 2mil+ isk was deposited into my account for a bounty reward on the rats.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Resorath wrote: »
    So I renewed my main account after playing around with trial a bit.

    I seem to enjoy reading about every aspect of this game, learning everything I can about it and basically obsessing over it while not playing it. But as soon as I log in I'm bored as hell.

    The core challenge of EVE is that you have to go out and find the exciting fun dangerous parts; they dont come to you. There is no nice old guy who will direct you to them (follow the big green arrow).

    You'll get out exactly what you put in.


    (For about the first 18 months or so, then you'll start bumping up against the limitations of the game and become a raging emo bittervet, spending every waking moment filling everyone's ears about how much you hate EVE, whilst being unable to walk away from it)

    (Then after another year or two you realise (if you're smart) that in EVE, much like in RL, the so-called "proper" career path leading to the so-called "end-game" of sov is a giant derp-trap, and you join a corp that just does stuff for fun, but also knows how to actually fucking play so it's not an endless round of frustrations being in fleet with them, and EVE becomes more or less fun again)

    V1m on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    And then there is the posting, or so I hear. I never really attached much importance to it. But you know, :goons:

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • ResorathResorath Registered User
    edited June 2011
    V1m wrote: »
    Resorath wrote: »
    So I renewed my main account after playing around with trial a bit.

    I seem to enjoy reading about every aspect of this game, learning everything I can about it and basically obsessing over it while not playing it. But as soon as I log in I'm bored as hell.

    The core challenge of EVE is that you have to go out and find the exciting fun dangerous parts; they dont come to you. There is no nice old guy who will direct you to them (follow the big green arrow).

    You'll get out exactly what you put in.


    (For about the first 18 months or so, then you'll start bumping up against the limitations of the game and become a raging emo bittervet, spending every waking moment filling everyone's ears about how much you hate EVE, whilst being unable to walk away from it)

    (Then after another year or two you realise (if you're smart) that in EVE, much like in RL, the so-called "proper" career path leading to the so-called "end-game" of sov is a giant derp-trap, and you join a corp that just does stuff for fun, but also knows how to actually fucking play so it's not an endless round of frustrations being in fleet with them, and EVE becomes more or less fun again)

    Your last two paragraphs sound like my WoW experience right now.

    Resorath on
    makibanner.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Resorath wrote: »
    V1m wrote: »
    Resorath wrote: »
    So I renewed my main account after playing around with trial a bit.

    I seem to enjoy reading about every aspect of this game, learning everything I can about it and basically obsessing over it while not playing it. But as soon as I log in I'm bored as hell.

    The core challenge of EVE is that you have to go out and find the exciting fun dangerous parts; they dont come to you. There is no nice old guy who will direct you to them (follow the big green arrow).

    You'll get out exactly what you put in.


    (For about the first 18 months or so, then you'll start bumping up against the limitations of the game and become a raging emo bittervet, spending every waking moment filling everyone's ears about how much you hate EVE, whilst being unable to walk away from it)

    (Then after another year or two you realise (if you're smart) that in EVE, much like in RL, the so-called "proper" career path leading to the so-called "end-game" of sov is a giant derp-trap, and you join a corp that just does stuff for fun, but also knows how to actually fucking play so it's not an endless round of frustrations being in fleet with them, and EVE becomes more or less fun again)

    Your last two paragraphs sound like my WoW experience right now.

    I swear that summed up my experience with most MMO endgames. EVE has it's own unique and sometimes awesome quirks but that was just too analogous.

    Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Holy shit. EVE Online apparently sends my video card into a fit. It's running at 103C right now, and is single handedly bringing the temperature in my computer room up 15 degrees from the rest of the house.

    Whelp. Time to get some canned air, I guess.

    KiTA on
    time to crash, the dawn is up, the sun gleems out glorious ps4 sunbeams and i can trade those sunbeams and do whatever i want with them.
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    do you have silly amounts of AA and post processing and max shadows and stuff?

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • ScreamlineScreamline Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Screamline on
  • LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If you are really bored and bitter; come join the invasion on the China server. $8/mo subscription, $8 GTC sells for 1bil isk.

    The server culture is a heavy PvE culture. Most wars get resolved on the forums before a shot get's fired. 0.0 is stagnated with a few medium sized sov holding groups in perpetual NAPs with each other. They have limited combat experience, and are currently relying upon RRBS setups.

    Our goal is the make the world burn. And then get ourselves hired as merc's to keep the world burning. Currently we've done 1Bil isk worth of damage with characters less than a week old. We've lost 30M isk, but that's only b/c we literally cannot fly or fit anything more expensive.

    Many, many lulz to be had.

    How to translate the client to English

    Killboard - Apparently this is the first KB for the China server. China ISD has linked the public portion as the official KB of CEve.
    Relevant Forums, with Relevant stuffs

    Lochiel on
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Screamline wrote: »

    just imagine there are now chinese isk farmers who can actually take the day off today and spend some time with their families

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    so this china server... do people actually do things in lowsec since everyone is at peace with each other? because i would not mind some good old fashioned pirating in lowsec

    edit: god damnit, why do hackers have to be all up ins the game companys, I frigging resubbed YESTERDAY, I don't want to deal with this shit -_-

    TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Screamline wrote: »

    So that's why Evemon's shitting itself this morning.

    This is what happens when you give /b/tard monkeys a degree in security. I could understand them when they were going after certain targets, but now they're just trolls with a few effective scripts.

    They also took out Minecraft's login server / website and Escapist Magazine, today, as well.

    KiTA on
    time to crash, the dawn is up, the sun gleems out glorious ps4 sunbeams and i can trade those sunbeams and do whatever i want with them.
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hope that doesn't interrupt notch's vacation time

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lochiel wrote: »
    If you are really bored and bitter; come join the invasion on the China server. $8/mo subscription, $8 GTC sells for 1bil isk.
    Omg, this looks fantastic.

    Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    so this china server... do people actually do things in lowsec since everyone is at peace with each other? because i would not mind some good old fashioned pirating in lowsec

    edit: god damnit, why do hackers have to be all up ins the game companys, I frigging resubbed YESTERDAY, I don't want to deal with this shit -_-

    Things like mining in lowsec?

    Guy was mining in an Apoc, with his hauler buddy. We jumped them, and the Apoc got away because we're a bunch of terrible players who don't know the difference between a web and a point. The Jaguar tried to come to the rescue of the hauler. The mining corp then came at us in disco-BS's.

    The Myrm was a random 3rd party who thought it would be cool to sit on grid and watch all this happen. We felt bad he was being left out.

    Lowsec is used, but pretty empty. Same with 0.0.

    Lochiel on
  • verbelverbel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am really starting to hate these people. DDOS is so lame.

    verbel on
    steam_sig.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Signing up for CEVE tonight. It still underway I imagine?

    Also, person above me has a Blanka avatar and MvC reference and I've ever played this person or seen them in appropriate threads. :'(.

    Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    lulzsec just wants us to get outside and enjoy the summer

    Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    but its raining outside :(

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • verbelverbel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Signing up for CEVE tonight. It still underway I imagine?

    Also, person above me has a Blanka avatar and MvC reference and I've ever played this person or seen them in appropriate threads. :'(.

    My work life has unfortunetly kept me from spending much time from playing anything. Tonight is the first time I have really been able to play anything in the last 8 weeks and I decided to play eve with a friend.... which has not worked out well. Added to that my current place of work is in Belgium so my times do not match up with others very often. Also I don't really enjoy playing fighting games online I prefer to play in person. Thats a problem here though as I don't know anyone that likes playing them.

    I am more of a forum stalker than anything else which is why I don't post much. I rarely have anything worth saying anyway.

    verbel on
    steam_sig.png
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    At 17:00 GMT today, CCP became aware of a distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS) attack against the EVE Online cluster and web servers.

    Immediately, these services were taken offline. As an added precaution all of CCP's infrastructure was disconnected from the public Internet.

    The CCP Security team is conducting a thorough investigation to determine exactly what happened and how, what the possible impact may be and, first and foremost, assuring that any personal information of our customers remains secure.

    More information will be released as it’s available.

    posted ten minutes ago on facebook. no ETA yet dangit. I think I had skills finished training this afternoon

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Signing up for CEVE tonight. It still underway I imagine?

    And picking up steam. I'm going on vacation, so I won't be able to long in for three weeks. I'm going to be disappointed if the entire western hemisphere hasn't been perma-banned by the time I get back.

    Lochiel on
  • hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey, this could be an opportunity to stake out an.. who are we fooling, this is an opportunity to burn new eden to the ground for the low low price of 8 bucks a month.

    hailthefish on
  • DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fuck, I'm glad we moved our corp night to last night instead of tonight. And my queue has 6 days left in it.

    China eh? Burn to the ground you say? I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

    Drain on
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time."
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wasn't in merchi and 18 days on the queue.

    does Chinaland include free trials, or is it pay-only?

    NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    CCP, may we please log in now?

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ooh this chinese server invasion seems like a very attractive idea.

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Free 14 day trial, and 8 bucks for a 30 day timecard, apparently. That might go up with the Great White Rush. It's also a time machine, stuck in the days of Tyrannis.

    hailthefish on
  • Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Free 14 day trial, and 8 bucks for a 30 day timecard, apparently. That might go up with the Great White Rush. It's also a time machine, stuck in the days of Tyrannis.

    So it's mostly lag free, has a shitty but different sov system, and supercaps aren't raping e'ry one?

    The deuce you say.

    Just Some Dude on
    Cog in the machine Cog Herder
This discussion has been closed.