As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why not have a thread about Kongai? [Street Fighter + MtG]

A BearA Bear Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Games and Technology
kongai_screenshot.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1224839273101

Link!

Yea, so this game has been around a bit on Kongregate, and I think it was mentioned in some mega-thread about flash games a while back, but I think it might warrant it's own thread.

What is Kongai?

In a phrase, its an online turn-based side scrolling fighting card game. You assemble a team of three (or five) fighters, equip them, and duke it out against other people or the computer. Winning gets you new cards to change up your deck.

Why should I play?

Ever played Magic? Or Street Fighter? If you liked either, this might appeal to you. It also is quite tactical--picking favorable matchups, knowing when to swap out, making your team.

Also, its just an easy little flash game, you can play it in class, at work, or just when you have 15 minutes to kill. Recently I haven't had a whole ton of time to sit down and game for hours, so this has filled my void. Its a pretty balanced game too, so gameplay is enjoyable and not spun up to total luck of the draw or overused uber tactics.

Ok... How should I play?

When you fire up the game for the first time, it will ask you to pick your starting three cards: do not do this. Instead, start up some unranked games and play around a bit with randomly generated decks until you figure out what guys you like. As a bonus, you can still win cards even if you don't have any. Thus, you might land guys you want for free!

Other than that tip, I don't have much else. I still suck, but I figured I could get better playing against some of ya'll instead of the random (but nice) people I've met on their servers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A Bear on

• Options
    A BearA Bear Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also, today they just released a new set of fighters: Robots.

You can play for a free card here. The contest ends in 8 days though.

A Bear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]