As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kingdom Hearts - Re: Coded is out! Dream Drop Distance trailer is in!

• Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Alright, do we pick a specific room in adhoc to meet in or how does this work?

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I wanna play!

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So do I, but I don't have a long enough LAN cable. Or the game, which I'm supposed to pick up today.

The Anonymous on
    edited September 2010
    MarioG wrote: »
    I wanna play!

You can join if you have adhoc and all that setup.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I watched Gametrailers' review. What happened to the Final Fantasy characters? I thought Kingdom Hearts was essentially "Final Fantasy x Disney x WTF"

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited September 2010
    I wanna play!

I do and I just finished the update. Good to go.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Do you just need an internet connection to do online play? I just got to Mirage Arena but of course I decided to stop playing and re-download Castlevania: SotN.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited September 2010
    I wanna play!

I do and I just finished the update. Good to go.

Add me on PSN: RDreamer

Or join A1 38

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Do you just need an internet connection to do online play? I just got to Mirage Arena but of course I decided to stop playing and re-download Castlevania: SotN.
    It's been said before, but BBS by itself only has Ad-Hoc. You have to use Ad-Hoc Party to play it online.

The Anonymous on
    edited September 2010
    Oh crap Ad-Hoc requires a wired connection. Guess I overlooked that. Damn, I guess I can't play with you guys.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

edited September 2010
    Yes, Ad-Hoc Party requires a wired connection. In a console with built-in wireless.

Seriously, WTF were Sony smoking...

The Anonymous on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    well, the ps3 only has one wireless thingy

it can either connect you to the internet, or act as a hotspot

it cannot do both

SORRY ABOUT LEAVING my sister is playing wizards 101 or some shit and its lagging everything up so bad that I would get disconnected every ten seconds

VALVEjunkie on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yes, Ad-Hoc Party requires a wired connection. In a console with built-in wireless.

I don't suppose you could attach a wifi dongle to make it work?

I went with the 20gb cheapo brand, since last time I checked wired connections were supposed to be superior.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

it cannot do both

SORRY ABOUT LEAVING my sister is playing wizards 101 or some shit and its lagging everything up so bad that I would get disconnected every ten seconds

Oh okay, that would explain it. I thought you were still messing with the microphone. Dreamer and I just finished trying arena. Wheel Master is an ASSHOLE. Next time we're not going to break his arms because he just goes fucking berserk. There's no way to dodge his charge from what I could see. He would curve around if you dodged and it can't be blocked. However the awesome thing is that if you win, you get to keep all the experience and skill points you earn. There seems to be some kind of problem with playing online though, as if you lose then only the host keeps experience and skill points. Everybody else gets "disconnected" and they revert to pre-arena.

Gilder on
    edited September 2010
    Gilder wrote: »

it cannot do both

Oh okay, that would explain it. I thought you were still messing with the microphone. Dreamer and I just finished trying arena. Wheel Master is an ASSHOLE. Next time we're not going to break his arms because he just goes fucking berserk. There's no way to dodge his charge from what I could see. He would curve around if you dodged and it can't be blocked. However the awesome thing is that if you win, you get to keep all the experience and skill points you earn. There seems to be some kind of problem with playing online though, as if you lose then only the host keeps experience and skill points. Everybody else gets "disconnected" and they revert to pre-arena.

Wonder if it's a glitch like that or if it was a glitch in just my connection.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    I imagine it's a weird problem with running through the PS3. However it kind of seems like they made the multiplayer for ad-hoc party. It's set up more like an online lobby than an offline multiplayer one.

Gilder on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

So be fair, it's doing something the PS3 wasn't designed to do in the first place. The wireless is needed to act as the server for the PSP.

-Loki- on
    edited September 2010
    All in all I was pretty impressed with the whole ad-hoc party program and how it worked, despite the weird glitch that took away all my exp for a lost connection. I'm sure that was only a one time/random thing. Other than that it works pretty well. Also the multiplayer is pretty fun. I'd love to get together with people from here a bit more and tackle those arena battles.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, I really don't like exploring without a map. I definitely missed 1/3 of the items in Snow White's world.

Also, holy shit Square.
    What the fuck kind of voodoo programming did they do to make that magic mirror boss fight possible?

Vincent Grayson on
  • ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Question about the PSP memory stick. Do I need like an official Sony/PSP one or can I use any of a certain type? I don't know much about the PSP as I've only really started getting new games for it and requiring more space.

Shaggy on
    edited September 2010
    nope, you can use any brand of memory stick so long as its a pro duo(I think)

there are third party ones that hold 64 gigs, its insane

VALVEjunkie on
    edited September 2010
    I think you want one that says Mark 2 though. It means the card can be read faster or something, which I imagine helps the most with games that you can install, like this one.

Gilder on
    edited September 2010
    Guys, I want to get this theme on to my PSP buy my fraking computer only takes USB! Gaaaaaah!

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

edited September 2010
    Get a miniB-to-USB cable, plug it into your rig and enter USB Mode.

The Anonymous on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So am I correct in that I could hook up my PS3 to my wireless router with an Ethernet cable and use the PS3's wireless to get the PSP to use Ad-hoc to throw down the gauntlet with you gents? I've never used Ad-hoc before, but would very much like to beat the crap out of you guys with a giant key.

And while the Command Board may be very easy to win at, I can't help but feel like it's basically Mario Party without the crappy minigames.

Mx. Quill on
  • TeyarTeyar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So when the hell are they going to bundle all this up and throw it on the 360 for the entire other 7/8ths of the gaming population to get at it?? ?!?

Teyar on
    Kick At The Darkness Until It Bleeds Daylight
    edited September 2010
    So am I correct in that I could hook up my PS3 to my wireless router with an Ethernet cable and use the PS3's wireless to get the PSP to use Ad-hoc to throw down the gauntlet with you gents? I've never used Ad-hoc before, but would very much like to beat the crap out of you guys with a giant key.

And while the Command Board may be very easy to win at, I can't help but feel like it's basically Mario Party without the crappy minigames.

If your PS3 is connected to the router with a wired connection and that's the connection you use to get online, then that's all you need I'm pretty sure. Then you just make a room with ad-hoc party and choose multiplayer in BbS. You'll get sent to a lobby and then anyone that joins the ad-hoc party room will automatically connect to that same lobby.

Gilder on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

If your PS3 is connected to the router with a wired connection and that's the connection you use to get online, then that's all you need I'm pretty sure. Then you just make a room with ad-hoc party and choose multiplayer in BbS. You'll get sent to a lobby and then anyone that joins the ad-hoc party room will automatically connect to that same lobby.

Do you make that Ad-hoc party room on the PS3, or the PSP?

I'm not gonna have any time to try out multiplayer BBS until Friday or the weekend, but I'll definitely be up for it then.

Mx. Quill on
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So how do you switch between characters under one save file? The game says you don't have to play each character's story mode all the way through, but I can't figure out how to switch them around.

You don't. You make a new save file for each character. There's also a separate master save file which records stuff like who's story you've beaten. Do not overwrite or delete this.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
    edited September 2010
    Wait a minute, which is the master save file? Is that just the system data?

Mx. Quill on
    edited September 2010
    Am I crazy or does playing the boardgame a lot make it possible to break the main game. Seems like it's all too easy to level up the commands and then turn them into much better stuff.

Vincent Grayson on
    edited September 2010

Do you make that Ad-hoc party room on the PS3, or the PSP?

I'm not gonna have any time to try out multiplayer BBS until Friday or the weekend, but I'll definitely be up for it then.

PS3 for the room. Then after you've made it you go into multiplayer mode. Then when other people join the room they'll connect to the lobby you're in in multiplayer and you can play. Basically the order is PS3 Ad-Hoc Party -> Create or join room on ad-hoc party -> Connect to the ad-hoc multiplayer mode for the game the room is playing on your PSP.

Gilder on
    edited September 2010
    So I'm still in Terra's story mode, and just fought
    Braig, aka Xigbar, who even as a human was still a douchebag.

I need to level with you here: I'm loving this game.

After feeling burned out from 358/2 Days, it's beyond refreshing to play a legitimately new KH experience, but it goes further than that; this is one of the best SE experiences I've had in a good while, and it strengthens my faith in Nomura's team.

The focus on the non-Disney/non-FF content is especially strong as well, even managing to make all that light/darkness talk sound like an actual serious thing. As a result, though, I continue to be taken by surprise whenever a Disney element (like Mickey) suddenly pops up after a lengthy, dramatic cutscene, as if to say "oh yeah, this is a Disney game". Often I wonder how the series would progress without the Disney element "holding it back".

In other words, I still stand confident that Versus is going to be amazing, and the wait is only going to be more painful from here.

And again, I really wish this was on a console instead of portable.

edited September 2010
    Just got back from EB Games and am now one BBS SE and one 4GB Pro Duo richer. The new 'Stick is ready to go, and all that's left is to pop in the game and run the Data Install. Will be back much later to report on things.

The Anonymous on
    edited September 2010
    godspeed, soldier

VALVEjunkie on
    edited September 2010
    Just let me know if you manage to install the damn thing. Couldn't get it working on my end.

edited September 2010
    how the fuck do I get to skull cove on terras campaign?

VALVEjunkie on
    edited September 2010
    Whoaaaa, that was a trippy boss fight. Terra spoiler.
    The mirror, man. Whoa. When all of them started shooting stuff at me I ran, and then the camera turned and I saw it. The wall right behind me, just like the wall in front of me. And then I ran down the path with faces on each side firing at me as I ran toward an unreachable face while surrounded by the face I was chasing. Whoa.

Gilder on
    edited September 2010
    still amazed at how they could pull that off with the psp's hardware

VALVEjunkie on
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I swear they must be cheating somehow. And I wish they'd show other developers how to do it.

Vincent Grayson on