As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Playstation Store Thread - Use the New Thread!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is the Japanese store up yet? Tried to get in to get some welcome back stuff and it's throwing an error that I can't read.

Japanese PSN is still down because the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Commerce is apparently unsatisfied with Sony's network security.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    More PAL Stuff: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/06/heads-up-game-store-update-6th-june-2011/

Another fairly minor update. It's mostly DLC, the Fallout: New Vegas pack Honest Hearts probably being the most significant.
    There's also DLC for Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, Red Faction: Armageddon and Dirt 3.

As for new games, we get a downloadable version of Split/Second and Ridge Racer Type 4 (PSOne).

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tomorrow will be the real update. Beyond Good & Evil HD. Plus I'm sure a bunch of E3 stuff.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Is the Japanese store up yet? Tried to get in to get some welcome back stuff and it's throwing an error that I can't read.

Japanese PSN is still down because the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Commerce is apparently unsatisfied with Sony's network security.

PSN is up, just the store is down.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So do I have to complete the campaign in Outland before I can play the co-op challenge maps? All I can access right now for co-op is the story mode, screw that.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hopefully someone can help me obtain my free psp games, I am clicking welcome back and I do not see any free games for my account. There are two reasons for this 1. the PSN system is down again or 2. I registered for PSN the moment it got hacked so I was never able to finalize anything does that mean I don't get the promotion?

Hopefully someone can give me insight what may be my situation

Thank you

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So... how do I take my psp games off the ps3 and put them on my psp?

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hook up the PSP to the PS3 with a USB cable. In the XMB, highlight each PSP game, press triangle, and select whatever option says Copy/Move.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    oh... well that's pretty simple then. thanks.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So... how do I take my psp games off the ps3 and put them on my psp?

Hover over.
    /\ button.
    Copy.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Horus wrote: »
    Hopefully someone can help me obtain my free psp games, I am clicking welcome back and I do not see any free games for my account. There are two reasons for this 1. the PSN system is down again or 2. I registered for PSN the moment it got hacked so I was never able to finalize anything does that mean I don't get the promotion?

Hopefully someone can give me insight what may be my situation

Thank you

Did you have a PSN account before April 20th? If so, you get free games. If not, well, you don't.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have a PSN+ question. I know that the PS3 games I download are no longer valid if I let my subscription lapse. Do the Minis work the same way? Or is Vector TD mine to keep forever?

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Can I get anyone's min-review of Outland, specifically what they didn't like about it? Also is there a demo? I can't check at the moment.

JAEF on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    jclast wrote: »
    I have a PSN+ question. I know that the PS3 games I download are no longer valid if I let my subscription lapse. Do the Minis work the same way? Or is Vector TD mine to keep forever?

Any free content you download (not counting the "Welcome Back" games) is only valid while your PS+ sub is active. The only free things you can download and keep are themes and avatars.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    El Shaddai demo is up but I had to search for it as couldn't see it listed anywhere.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Transdimensional WhaleTransdimensional Whale Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What the hell, I thought Beyond Good & Evil was supposed to be out today.

Transdimensional Whale on
  • Options
    george-xgeorge-x New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Adda wrote: »
    El Shaddai demo is up but I had to search for it as couldn't see it listed anywhere.

Holy crap really? US store?

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Here is The NA update.
    PlayStation Plus

Featured Games & DLC

* Qore June Episode 37 – Single Episode (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2 .99)
    * MotorStorm Apocalypse Prestige Vehicle Pack Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $1.99, regular price $2.49)
    * Lilo & Stitch PS one title (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $9.99)
    * Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2011 (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $9.99)

Discounted Games

* Tumble (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, regular price $9.99)
    * Shank (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, regular price $9.99)
    * Deathspank (PlayStation Plus price $7.50, regular price $14.99)
    * Deathspank Thongs of Virtue (PlayStation Plus price $7.50, regular price $14.99)
    * Dead Space Ignition (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, regular price $5.00)

Featured Themes & Avatars

* Flamingo Fun Static Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
    * inFAMOUS 2 Dynamic Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)

E3 Content

Update
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam Pdlc – E3 – Sale
    Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood – The Da Vinci Disappearance – E3 – Sale
    Assassin’s Creed II – Sequence 13 – E3 – Sale
    Assassin’s Creed II – Sequence 13 + Secret Locations – E3 -Sale
    Assassin’s Creed II : Sequence 12: Battle Of Forli – E3 – Sale
    Tetris – E3 – Sale
    Assassin’s Creed – Digital – E3 – Sale
    Assassin’s Creed II Deluxe Edition Digital – E3 – Sale
    Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines – Digital – E3 – Sale
    Warhawk – E3 – Sale
    Warhawk Booster Combo – E3 – Sale
    Warhawk Broken Mirror Pack – E3 – Sale
    Warhawk Fallen Star Pack – E3 – Sale
    Warhawk Omega Dawn Pack – E3 – Sale

Add-on Game Content
    Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (10 avatar GWP)
    Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Update Kit

Game Videos (free)
    PS Vita Demo Video
    The Darkness 2 – Release Date Announcement – E3
    Call Of Duty: Black Ops Call Of The Dead E3 Trailer
    Call Of Duty: Black Ops Taste Of Escalation E3 Trailer
    Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online Edition Announce Trailer – E3
    Street Fighter X Tekken – Cinematic Trailer – E3
    Street Fighter X Tekken – Gameplay Trailer – E3
    Final Fantasy XIII-2 – 2011 Trailer – E3

PS3 Wallpapers (free)
    PS Vita Wallpaper

Updates

Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 French Resurgence Package – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
    Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 French Stimulus Package – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
    Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Package – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
    Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
    Tetris – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Super Street Fighter IV Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $8.99, original price $17.99)
    Assassin’s Creed – Sale (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
    Assassin’s Creed II Deluxe Edition – Sale (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
    Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines – Sale (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
    Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood The Da Vinci Disappearance – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Assassin’s Creed Sequence 12: Battle of Forli – Sale (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
    Assassin’s Creed Sequence 13: Bonfire of Vanities – Sale (PS3) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
    Assassin’s Creed Sequence 13: Bonfire of Vanities & Secret Locations – Sale (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $6.99)
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
    Warhawk – Sale (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $29.99)
    Warhawk Booster Combo – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $15.99)
    Warhawk Broken Mirror Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.99)
    Warhawk Fallen Star Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.99)
    Warhawk Omega Dawn Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.99)

-(PS3) New Adventure Island ($5.99)
    -(PS3) Soldier Blade ($5.99)
    -(PS3) Back To The Future: The Game – Episode 4 (Free)
    -(PS3) Demo for El Shaddai Ascension Of The Metatron, Dungeon Siege III,

-(Bundles) MotorStorm Apocalypse – Prestige Vehicle Pack ($2.49)
    -(Bundles) Mortal Kombat – Klassic Kostume Unlock – Bundle ($4.99)
    -(Bundles) Flower Bundle – Game + Soundtrack + Avatar ($9.99) (Limited Time)

-(PSP) New Adventure Island ($5.99)
    -(PSP) Soldier Blade ($5.99)
    -(PSP) Pool Hall Pro ($9.99)

-(Minis) Zombie Racers – Minis ($6.99)
    -(Minis) Cohort Chess – Minis ($2.99)

It says it's the weekly update, as if things are 'back to normal' but I'm going to hold out hope there there's another update. Because that's....light. As such, I'm just going to link it and list the notables in the OP for now. Same with the PAL update.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    george-x wrote: »
    Adda wrote: »

Holy crap really? US store?

Yeah game is all kinds of sexy looking.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    JAEF wrote: »
    Can I get anyone's min-review of Outland, specifically what they didn't like about it? Also is there a demo? I can't check at the moment.

I've played about an hour into it and loved it. Didn't really have anything I didn't like, apart from maybe when I got lost a couple of times or found a bit where I couldn't really return to where I was previously but that's not really a big problem, since you can just retry the level to get back to the beginning.

And yeah, it's a demo+unlock, so there'll be a demo (or if you've got a UK account you can just download that if you want, don't have to wait an extra week).

Anyway, wow that's one rubbish update. Where's all the sweet E3 trailers? Beyond Good & Evil HD? Hopefully SCEE delivers tomorrow cause that's weak.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    How is El Shaddai's dub? Ignition don't exactly leave me bubbling with optimism.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    powersurgepowersurge Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Has sony told anyone anything about the 3.61 freezing issues? Mine started hard locking after the firmware update (and after several manual shut offs I experienced some drive corruption). I've tried doing a full format (yeah the one that takes forever on large drives), switching the drive out with a different one (the old 60gb one), etc.. and I'm still getting lock ups. Seems to mainly happen when I'm on the XMB (downloading, changing themes, etc..). I just freakin finished redownloading all of my PSN games and I really don't want it to freeze up and cause some drive corruption again.

Any idea how to fix this? Do I wait for sony to put out a magical firmware update? It seems like it would be a big coincidence that my console is dying a long with all of those other folks that are complaining about the exact same issue post firmware update (including Rockstar posting that it was the firmware causing LA Noire lockups then yanking the post).

powersurge on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why can I still not change my password?

captaink on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    captaink wrote: »

Have you tried on qriocity.com? That's how I changed my PSN password.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    How is El Shaddai's dub? Ignition don't exactly leave me bubbling with optimism.

I'm curious myself. I'm going to play the demo soon so I guess I'll let you know, but as a reviewer I've had to suffer Ignition's shittastic dubbing and localization at least three times now. I'm not convinced they'll ever change their ways.

Help meeeeeeee! Mister L'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARC!

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sounds passable at worst.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    captaink wrote: »

Have you tried on qriocity.com? That's how I changed my PSN password.

That worked, thanks.

captaink on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i wish there was a demo for the armageddon riders game. i could maybe be into some carmageddon style ridiculous stuff, but its probably real bad so... yea. im really just waiting for Blood Drive to drop to like $15 used heh.

anyway, i picked up the MK klassic stuff, and have the rest of a $20 card waiting for the new Blops maps in three days.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    When one waits for an Outland co-op partner one can wait a very long time indeed. But seriously, if you pick up Outland and want to play some multi, totally hit me up.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

It also sounds "hiring British people again and trying really really hard to make them sound American".

I swear to Christ (pun unintended) that Ignition wants to go down as the worst RPG localizers of all time. Sure, you can switch languages in this game, and at least there appears to be an actual two or three readings of the script, but I honestly wish they would just disappear and just leave the obscure Japanese games to companies who actually give a damn (Atlus, NIS).

Also, I'm still unsure how I feel about the game as a whole. Sure it's got that crazy Killer 7 randomness and art style, but it's also punishingly difficult (either I'm doing something wrong or enemies really do take like a billion hits before they die) and I'm no fan of 3D bottomless pits either.

• Options
    Transdimensional WhaleTransdimensional Whale Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I tried that demo. Was ok, though sometimes I mistook bottomless pits for pools of water because they look exactly the same.

Seriously disappointed in the lack of Beyond Good & Evil, though.

Transdimensional Whale on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Same damn thing happened to me.

I always intentionally step in pools of water because I want to see how a game's water effects are handled.

Instead I'm just all FUUUUUUUUUUUU-

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why the hell didn't you guys already play the Japanese demo when it came out?

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited June 2011

It also sounds "hiring British people again and trying really really hard to make them sound American".

I swear to Christ (pun unintended) that Ignition wants to go down as the worst RPG localizers of all time. Sure, you can switch languages in this game, and at least there appears to be an actual two or three readings of the script, but I honestly wish they would just disappear and just leave the obscure Japanese games to companies who actually give a damn (Atlus, NIS).

Also, I'm still unsure how I feel about the game as a whole. Sure it's got that crazy Killer 7 randomness and art style, but it's also punishingly difficult (either I'm doing something wrong or enemies really do take like a billion hits before they die) and I'm no fan of 3D bottomless pits either.

If Ignition disappeared this game wouldn't even exist. They made it.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have a feeling its bad dub might be intentional.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Today's PAL update: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/08/heads-up-game-store-update-8th-june-2011/

I'll just stick with the new games, cos I'm a bit busy here

Trial & Unlock (PS3)

Beyond Good And Evil Hd (£11.99/€14.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: All locales

inFAMOUS 2 (£49.99/€59.99) Rating: PEGI 16

Availability: All locales on Wednesday 8th June except United Kindgom, Ireland and Germany which will be released on Friday 10th June.

Full Games (PS3)

Dante’s Inferno (£15.99/€19.99) Rating: PEGI 18

Availability: Not available in Croatia, India, Israel, Kuwait, New Zealand, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Turkey or Ukraine.

Full Games (PSP)

SSX on Tour (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: All locales

White Knight Chronicles: Origins (£21.99/€26.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Actually, there are also two significant pieces of PS3 DLC:
    Castlevania Lords Of Shadow – RESURRECTION (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 16

Availability: Not Available in New Zealand, South Africa or UAE.

Super Street Fighter IV

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (£11.99/€14.99)
    Super Street Fighter IV Update Kit (free)

Rating: PEGI 12
    Availability: All Locales

60 Euros for a downloadable inFamous 2? Ouch, no thanks.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The formatting's all kinds of screwed up in that blog post. WKC2 DLC for PSP? What?

But regardless, Beyond Good and Evil HD? So there. I was intending on waiting till the very last moment to redeem my free month of PSN+ but I'll probably end up caving in and getting it tomorrow. Won't have much time between studying, exams and Infamous 2 (let alone Outland and a few other games I've got) but eh, it'll be on my PS3 waiting for me to get some free time.

What the fuck is with the complete lack of E3 trailers though? Both SCEA and SCEE are pathetic on that front. I want uncompressed HD versions of the Uncharted 3, Assassin's Revelations and Uncharted: Golden Throne trailers damnit.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Looks like it's time to get a PSN card and finally buy Assassin's Creed PSP. $10 is too good a price to pass up.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So Wipeout is really fun. Still haven't tried out Stardust, though.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
This discussion has been closed.