Options

Playstation Store Thread - Use the New Thread!

• Options
    ManofiornManofiorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mobliz wrote: »
    Do playstation store games ever leave the store? I'm looking at getting a PS3 eventually, along with Scott pilgrim, but I'd like to know if I'd need to get on board sooner rather then later.

The only thing that has gone off the store was the Gran Turismo HD preview and the GT5 demo.
    Or at least that's the only thing I noticed.

Manofiorn on
    sig04.png
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    So, auto-download, basically it will turn on the PS3, download anything in my queue, install the downloaded stuff, and turn itself off?

It only ever seems to turn itself on and download the occasional demo for me >.<

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Without your input? I left it on once with a batch of uninstalled demos, and it installed them, but I've not yet seen it download anything.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah it just pulled down some random ones.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have had it download a red dead redemption patch and a Hulu patch thus far, I haven't noticed demo's, but that just because I usually just download them before turning off the PS3.

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Not sure if this is where to ask, but is there really no way to turn off Trophy notifications?

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Not sure if this is where to ask, but is there really no way to turn off Trophy notifications?

Correct, from what I can tell cruising google for a sec, there is not a way to turn it off.

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Deathspank 2? Sweet.

But so close to Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light.

Hmm. Decisions decisions.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    lara croft is launching for the ps3/pc without online co-op, if that helps your decision at all. i cant believe theyre launching again without online co-op. ridiculous.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If they'd given me a discount on Deathspank 2 for buying the first one I'd probably pick it up but otherwise? No. I'm not paying that much for what is basically just an expansion pack.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If they'd given me a discount on Deathspank 2 for buying the first one I'd probably pick it up but otherwise? No. I'm not paying that much for what is basically just an expansion pack.

Um.. expansion pack? The game is 50% longer than the original. For the same price as the original. That's a bit more than any expansion pack I've ever seen.

And as for the co-op, my co-op partner is my fiance, so that's not really a problem.

InkSplat on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Did sony run any more sales on PSone games for the anniversary of the PSone?

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    InkSplat wrote: »

Um.. expansion pack? The game is 50% longer than the original. For the same price as the original. That's a bit more than any expansion pack I've ever seen.

isnt it 150% more of exactly the same stuff as the first game though? with pretty much no changes at all to make it worth playing if you tired of the first one? thats the impression that ive gotten anyway.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh, hey, they posted an installment of The Drop this week after all. I realize last week's was canned because of the oddness of the schedule, but this one was a bit late.
    PlayStation Network

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light — Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light showcases an isometric cooperative adventure that aims to deliver instant, intense action and bite-sized puzzles. Follow Lara as she goes in search of the Mirror of Smoke, an ancient artifact located in a ruin known as the Temple of Light. When she finally reaches the mirror, she is ambushed by a mercenary army who takes the mirror and release an evil entity. The Guardian of Light joins Lara as her unlikely ally to save the world from never-ending darkness.

Sword & Soldiers — A side scrolling real time strategy game in which three distinct factions battle for the powers of the gods. The game features a single player campaign and a competitive split-screen multi-player mode as well as several other game modes.

Megaman 9 & Megaman 10 Bundle — Three pellets of energy from your Mega Buster is all you need when Capcom goes double, delivering a bundle of Mega.. men. Game up, I better not see you running and gunning on easy mode, I’m sure you know — Capcom’s blue mascot cannot get a break.

PlayStation Portable

Fifa Soccer 11 — Building on the FIFA 10 gameplay that won 50 sports game of the year awards, FIFA 11 introduces new Pro Passing where pass accuracy is determined by a gamer’s ability on the control pad, and player skill, situation and urgency on the pitch, yielding a deeply rewarding passing system. Plus, a series of new customization tools will enable fans to transform FIFA 11 in new and personally meaningful ways.

Not too much to look forward to, though. I included Fifa for PSP since those usually go up first-day anyways. (Of course, this will be the first time I've really included a PSP game and, thus, won't show up in the update.) Lara Croft game that's been out on the 360 for....a month(?) and MM 9 and 10 bundles are nice, though.
    Did sony run any more sales on PSone games for the anniversary of the PSone?

International Track & Field was on sale all this past week (Still is, technically.)

So, no. Not really.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

isnt it 150% more of exactly the same stuff as the first game though? with pretty much no changes at all to make it worth playing if you tired of the first one? thats the impression that ive gotten anyway.

It is a different story, different settings, different jokes, more ranged weaponry, different powers, different co-op options, DLC levels.

Seems just like any other sequel I've heard of, and it is a downloadable, $15 title.

Plus, if you tired of any game, you probably aren't hugely interested in a sequel anyway. There aren't many sequels I can think of that drastically change up the formula any more than this is. I mean, hell, Halo didn't even change as much as this game seems to. :p

InkSplat on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Does that mean Deathspank 2 is actually kinda good?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Giant Bomb had a quick look of Thongs of Virtue, if you want to check it out. They said it's basically the same game, so if you didn't like Deathspank 1 stay away.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited September 2010

It is a different story, different settings, different jokes, more ranged weaponry, different powers, different co-op options, DLC levels.

Seems just like any other sequel I've heard of, and it is a downloadable, $15 title.

Plus, if you tired of any game, you probably aren't hugely interested in a sequel anyway. There aren't many sequels I can think of that drastically change up the formula any more than this is. I mean, hell, Halo didn't even change as much as this game seems to. :p

Uh, except sequels generally don't come out 4 months after the original with the exact same gameplay and design. Nor are they usually planned as a single game before being split in two. Thongs of Virtue is an even bigger shameless expansion than Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey man

It worked for Sonic and Knuckles.

Just saying

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Uh, except sequels generally don't come out 4 months after the original with the exact same gameplay and design. Nor are they usually planned as a single game before being split in two. Thongs of Virtue is an even bigger shameless expansion than Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Then don't buy it? I personally loved Deathspank. So why would I not want more Deathspank?

Really, your complaint is like saying "God damn Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. They're filming the movies at the same time, so it is clearly just a bid to make more money!" which is retarded because there is clearly a reason for the thing being split up.

If they hadn't split Deathspank up, you wouldn't have gotten the first part earlier, and it would have cost a whole lot more due to the fact that the first one was already plenty long for a downloadable game. You seriously think they should have released a 22+ hour adventure game for $15? Whatever it is you're smoking, I'd really like some.

The first Deathspank was absolutely worth the price of admission, and to suggest that it was somehow incomplete is complete silly goosery. And to suggest that a full game is somehow just an expansion just because they were smart and developed them at the same time is beyond that, transforming you into a ludicrous groose.

Is there really that big of a difference between most of the "classic" Mega Man games? Are they just expansions? What about Halo? What about Uncharted? What about Ratchet & Clank? What about Mario Kart? What about Gears? What about Prince of Persia? What about Mario Galaxy 1 & 2?

I mean, really, if you're calling Deathspank 2 an expansion, you must have hated Mario Galaxy 2, because that is pretty much the same thing. "Here's all these levels we couldn't fit into the first game. Enjoy!"

InkSplat on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The Tomb Raider game comes out today right?

I might have to pick it up.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Update went up when I wasn't looking.
    Updates

Street Fighter Alpha – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $5.99) **Part of the PlayStation 15th Anniversary Sale
    Brain Challenge Expansion Pack (PS3) ( – Sale (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
    Brain Challenge – Sale (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
    Madden NFL Arcade – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
    Ace Armstrong Vs. The Alien Scumbage – Permanent Price Change (PS3/PSP) (now $5.99, original price $6.99)
    Flying Tiger PS3 Premium Themes – Permanent Price Change (x17) (now $1.49 each, original price $1.99 each)
    ModNation Racers PSP – Permanent Price Drop (now $19.99, original price $29.99)

-(PS3) Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue ($14.99)
    -(PS3) Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light ($14.99)
    -(PS3) Swords & Soldiers ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for Swords & Soldiers, Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light, EA SPORTS MMA, MySims SkyHeroes, Pro Evolution Soccer 2011, Heavy Rain (W/ Playstation Move support)

-(Bundle) Mega Man 9 & 10 Combo Pack ($14.99)

DEAD RISING 2 Chuck Avatar ($0.49)
    File size: 100 KB

Mega Man 10 Avatars (x5) ($0.49)

Deadliest Warrior: The Game Avatars (x8) ($0.49)

ModNation Racers Avatars (x10) ($0.49)

-(PSP) Rapala Pro Bass Fishing ($19.99)
    -(PSP) Demos for God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team

So, pretty much no surprises. Meant to post that the GoS demo was coming up today, but, then it was today. So, yeah.

Also, I want everyone to look at this shit:
    Not too much to look forward to, though. I included Fifa for PSP since those usually go up first-day anyways. (Of course, this will be the first time I've really included a PSP game and, thus, won't show up in the update.) Lara Croft game that's been out on the 360 for....a month(?) and MM 9 and 10 bundles are nice, though.

:x

Edit: Also, something I missed,
    Also, for PlayStation Plus subscribers that have Automatic Downloads enabled, be sure to check out the demo for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, which was pushed to your console today. Along with the demo, there is a sale on Croft’s first game, Tomb Raider. Check out this PS One classic available to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $5.00 (50% off).

Plus only, but it wasn't mentioned in the update itself, just in the text at the top. But now you guys know. Also, there's apparently a Tomb Raider 'section' in the store now, so they're just really going all-out for this, apparently.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You didn't post the PS Plus updates! But that's okay, I'll be surprised when I get home, it's more fun that way
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Also, for PlayStation Plus subscribers that have Automatic Downloads enabled, be sure to check out the demo for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, which was pushed to your console today. Along with the demo, there is a sale on Croft’s first game, Tomb Raider. Check out this PS One classic available to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $5.00 (50% off).

Plus only, but it wasn't mentioned in the update itself, just in the text at the top. But now you guys know. Also, there's apparently a Tomb Raider 'section' in the store now, so they're just really going all-out for this, apparently.

It makes sense, this brings a total of five TR games to PS3: 1-4 and Guardian of Light. I could see them sticking Underworld and Chronicles on the Store at some point in the future as well.

I have a disc copy of TR1 but I may just get the digital version anyways so it's on my drive.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You didn't post the PS Plus updates! But that's okay, I'll be surprised when I get home, it's more fun that way

Well, PS+ updates every other week now. This week was different because they put TR on sale, but there won't be anything new til next week. So it's the only thing new on top of last weeks update.

(Under the spoiler if you need a reminder, as the stuff is still free/discounted)
    PlayStation Plus

Free Games
    Zen Pinball (PS3)
    Echoes – minis
    Syphon Filter 3 – PS One

Early Access Game and Demo
    Sword & Soldiers ($9.99)
    Blend ninja monkeys, attacking Aztecs and brutal Vikings with everything you love about real time strategy games and you’ve got Swords and Soldiers, a unique new game hitting the PlayStation Network! Acquire resources, assemble your army, thwart enemies and dominate your opponents in single and multiplayer local and online modes. Advance through each level and unlock special modes, minigames and PSN trophies as you go!
    ESRB Rated E10+
    File size: 248 MB

Free Game Add-on
    High Velocity Bowling – Move Compatibility Add-On
    High Velocity Bowling now offers PlayStation Move motion controller support! Bowl like the pros with a realistic bowling swing and movement.
    This content addition provides PlayStation Move motion controller support. The add-on is dependent on a patch that will release by tomorrow evening.

Free Themes
    Shades of Autumn Theme

Discounts
    Cuboid (PlayStation Plus Price $5.00, original price $9.99)
    Savage Moon (PlayStation Plus Price $5.00, original price $9.99)
    LittleBigPlanet: Monster Costume Pack (PlayStation Plus Price $1.50, original price $2.99)

Discounted PSone Games
    Cho Aniki (PlayStation Plus Price $3.00, original price $5.99)
    Gaiaseed (PlayStation Plus Price $3.00, original price $5.99)

Free Avatars
    LittleBigPlanet Avatar – Hugo
    LittleBigPlanet Avatar – Marvin

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I wanted to buy Cho Aniki and Tomb Raider, so I figured I'd just get Plus since the 50% off of both games would technically knock the 3 month price down to around $8.

I've been thinking of signing up for a video streaming service, either NetFlix or Hulu. I checked out the demo for Hulu plus. Seems pretty cool, but I'm really not sure how I feel about spending $10 a month and still having to sit through commercials.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just got home from work. No Castlevania demo?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Any idea when the coop patch for Tomb Raider will be out?

langfor6 on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    PAL update: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/09/29/heads-up-game-store-update-29th-september-2010/

I don't really have time to go through the whole thing, but the main points are:

Guardian of Light, Terover, Deathspank 2 and Borderlands DLC on PS3. I'm pretty sure Deathspank came out last week, but maybe not for every country.

FIFA 11 (Friday), UFC 2010 and something called GTI Club Supermini Festa! on PSP.

Castlevania and Ghost of Sparta demos are now available to everyone.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Really, your complaint is like saying "God damn Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. They're filming the movies at the same time, so it is clearly just a bid to make more money!" which is retarded because there is clearly a reason for the thing being split up.
    No, it's not like saying that at all. It's like Warner Bros releasing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, ending it in a bit of a cliffhanger and then going "Psych! Sequel's out in 4 months!" And that's not even taking into consideration that they're entirely different bloody mediums. Somehow I don't think audiences would be too enthused by a ~5 hour movie, whereas releasing an expansion for a downloadable game is pretty bloody easy these days.

And yes, there is a reason for Harry Potter being split up. Money. If you think Warner Bros executives really care about "celebrating the Harry Potter universe", you're insanely gullible. Same reason why we're getting two movies from The Hobbit.
    If they hadn't split Deathspank up, you wouldn't have gotten the first part earlier, and it would have cost a whole lot more due to the fact that the first one was already plenty long for a downloadable game. You seriously think they should have released a 22+ hour adventure game for $15? Whatever it is you're smoking, I'd really like some.
    Oh no, not a whole 4 months later! What would I have done?!

Jesus christ man, did you even read any of my posts? I said I would've bought it if it weren't the same price as the original. But hey, I wasn't aware that there was a specific hour to price ratio for games. Someone really should've told Bethesda that because man, their games clearly have way too much gameplay for the price they charge.
    The first Deathspank was absolutely worth the price of admission, and to suggest that it was somehow incomplete is complete silly goosery. And to suggest that a full game is somehow just an expansion just because they were smart and developed them at the same time is beyond that, transforming you into a ludicrous groose.
    Uh, no-one even said that first one so I'm continuing to wonder if you actually read anyone's posts, instead deciding to just have a full-on tantrum. Personally I liked Deathspank but the gameplay wasn't compelling enough to make me want to pay for another game at the exact same price just 4 months later.

And as for that second one, it baffles me. They were 'smart' and developed them at the same time, so it's not an expansion? Yeah, I'm sure Activision thinks the same thing when people criticise the 30-odd Guitar Hero's they release every year.

Transforming me into a 'ludicrous groose'? Am I arguing with an eight year old?
    This is quite possibly the most insane argument I've ever had.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    PAL update: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/09/29/heads-up-game-store-update-29th-september-2010/

I don't really have time to go through the whole thing, but the main points are:

Guardian of Light, Terover, Deathspank 2 and Borderlands DLC on PS3. I'm pretty sure Deathspank came out last week, but maybe not for every country.

FIFA 11 (Friday), UFC 2010 and something called GTI Club Supermini Festa! on PSP.

is this update up now or what? i wanted to grab the castlevania demo but i dont see it anywhere. i dont really know when the european store usually updates.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    is this update up now or what? i wanted to grab the castlevania demo but i dont see it anywhere. i dont really know when the european store usually updates.

For some reason, they always update the EU blog earlier in the day to post what will go up on the PAL store later that day. I just logged into my phony European account and the update is live. Currently downloading the Lords of Shadow demo soooo very slooowly.

Dirty on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dirty wrote: »

For some reason, they always update the EU blog earlier in the day to post what will go up on the PAL store later that day. I just logged into my phony European account and the update is live. Currently downloading the Lords of Shadow demo soooo very slooowly.

This is good news

Gonna log into my crazy-Euro account

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    downloading castlevania now wooo. im already pretty sold on the game, but this demo and DR2 will have to hold me over for a long while what with buying this crazy phone eating up my free moneys for a bit.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

'For some reason'? Because making you wait until the update's already up before telling you about it is the best way of doing things?

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    'For some reason'? Because making you wait until the update's already up before telling you about it is the best way of doing things?

I'm not really saying it's bad, ... it's just different from the way we're used to it with our region's blog/store. I don't know how timely the PAL update is, but the US update can vary by a few hours, so it's easier to check to see if the blog is updated than go blindly into the store to see if it's updated.

edit: I think the best way to do it would be an early post to tell you what's gonna be there, and a second post letting you know the update is live.

Dirty on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I'm not really saying it's bad, ... it's just different from the way we're used to it with our region's blog/store. I don't know how timely the PAL update is, but the US update can vary by a few hours, so it's easier to check to see if the blog is updated than go blindly into the store to see if it's updated.

edit: I think the best way to do it would be an early post to tell you what's gonna be there, and a second post letting you know the update is live.

Well usually the 'heads-up' comes about 3-4 hours before the update comes out and then he posts that it's up in the comments. They're usually pretty accurate, only rarely missing the usual update time (which from memory was 3 or 4PM GMT). The SCEE PSN team generally seem to be a far better run and community friendly group than the SCEA equivalents, so yeah, I like the way they do things. Pity SCEE aren't even remotely as competent in their other departments though.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I think it's because the DLC was bundled with it free for the first week, and now it's separate.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I think it's because the DLC was bundled with it free for the first week, and now it's separate.

That is exactly the reason. People who looked at the thread when I first updated it yesterday would've noticed that I had it as Lara Croft GoL, DeathSpank 2. And then I went, "Wait a minute..."

Anyways, Comic store update:
    * 2000AD Prog #1698
    * Batman #655
    * Batman #656
    * Blood Hunter #3
    * Bone #5
    * DMZ #23
    * Dragon Age #3
    * Dual #1
    * Ex Machina #10
    * Fables #25
    * Growing Up Enchanted #4
    * Hulk (2008) #1
    * Hulk (2008) #2
    * Hulk (2008) #3
    * Hulk (2008) #4
    * I Rule The Night #2
    * Jonah Hex #23
    * Justice League: Generation Lost #10
    * Planetary #12
    * Raising Amy #5
    * RASL #5
    * Sandman #2
    * Silent Hill: The Grinning Man #1
    * Sonic Universe #11
    * Sonic Universe #12
    * Starcraft #5
    * Superduck #17
    * Superman/Batman #29
    * Supertron #1
    * Transformers: Nefarious #6
    * Transformers: Spotlight #21
    * Transformers: Spotlight #22
    * The Travels of Marco Polo or the Milione #3
    * The Travels of Marco Polo or the Milione #4
    * Victorian Undead #4
    * Welcome To Tranquility #4
    * Witch & Wizard #3
    * Wolverine (1982) #1
    * Wolverine (1982) #2
    * Y: The Last Man #8

Interesting note from the PAL Comic update:
    Are these available on the PS3, or just PSP?
    Pete Stott wrote:
    Currently they are only on the PSP. But we hope one day to have them displayed in all their HD glory.

So I mean, it's pretty much going to be on PS3 eventually unless one of the publishers pitches a fit about it, since they're not even really being coy about it.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Been playing the new Tomb raider in local coop, it is a fantastic little game. Speed run challenges and other shit you can do, nice mixed skill sets across the two characters and load of items.

Best multiplayer fix since Dark Alliance.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't know if this is the place to ask it or not but I somehow set my system to do subtitles for everything I'm watching over my media server and I don't know where to turn it off. Bringing up the mini menu while on the movie and clicking the subtitle option just gives me the operation cannot be performed. So I figure it's somewhere in my settings for the ps3 I just have no idea where

initiatefailure on
This discussion has been closed.