As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Playstation Store Thread - Use the New Thread!

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    anyone know off hand how big the digital version of burnout paradise is?

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It's about 4 gigs I think.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Actually, the $8 bundle (Which I think -might- still be on sale? I saw a Burnout paradise slot yesterday when I bought my sale games, at least, so, sorry if I'm wrong) was closer to ~3.5 gigs. I don't know how big the DLC packs are, if anything (Since one is just an 'unlock everything' one), but that's a ballpark at least.

And Dead Nation wasn't released in PAL territories until today? Really?

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Actually, the $8 bundle (Which I think -might- still be on sale? I saw a Burnout paradise slot yesterday when I bought my sale games, at least, so, sorry if I'm wrong) was closer to ~3.5 gigs. I don't know how big the DLC packs are, if anything (Since one is just an 'unlock everything' one), but that's a ballpark at least.

And Dead Nation wasn't released in PAL territories until today? Really?

The DEMO wasn't released until today. Otherwise, how do you think they included the actual game in the Welcome Back pack?

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I completely forgot that it'd been in PAL's Welcome Back. I have really been scaterbrained lately, it seems. >.> Carry on, then.

Edit: Oh, so this post isn't a complete waste, I just spotted this: Parasite Eve 2 rated by ESRB for PS3/PSP. So I guess we can look for that sometime in the next..uh...Well, it's Squeenix, so give it a month or so.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    just a heads up, but saves from the disc version of burnout paradise DO NOT work with the downloadable version. this was an unpleasant surprise for me, but with all the cars unlocked from the get go its not a huge deal. still though.

• Options
    KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
    Really? Does the region of your disc version match the PSN Store region you downloaded from. You didn't play an import disc or download the PSN version from <not your country>'s PSN store?

2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
    3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
  • Options
    The digital and disc versions use different save files. I'm guessing the digital version has a different ID number (the BLES number on the spine of PS3 game box) to the disc versions which leads to the PS3 treating them as separate games.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote:
    The digital and disc versions use different save files. I'm guessing the digital version has a different ID number (the BLES number on the spine of PS3 game box) to the disc versions which leads to the PS3 treating them as separate games.

I wonder if you could export the file to an external drive and then rename the directory to match the disc version's game code...

• Options
    the saves use different icons in the ps3 menus, it would be harder than just renaming a folder or something. you could maybe hack it somehow, but i really dont know anything about messing around in ps3 files like that.

also PSN has been real messed up with release dates since it came back online. its bumming me out. just off the top of my head im still waiting on that Dungeons & Dragons game, Galaga Legions DX, and now Warhammer 40k Kill Team. its getting kind of ridiculous.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Finally got back on the J-PSN to check out the vids and the Yakuza of the End demo. They have so much content compared to ours.

Is their welcome back still running?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    So, the playstation blog started randomly doing The Drop again. They actually did it last week too, but it was meh. This week? Not so much.
    PlayStation Network

Limbo — (Demo Available) Limbo is a monochromatic puzzle-platforming adventure that puts players in the role of a young boy traveling through a hostile world in an attempt to discover the fate of his sister.

Fast Draw Showdown — Do you think you’re the fastest gunslinger in the West? Let’s see how you fair in Fast Draw Showdown. Fight against the roughest thugs, cowboys and outlaws in this Western shootout!

Dead Block — (Demo Available) Dead Block focuses on innovative defensive gameplay in which the few remaining survivors, Jack Foster (a construction worker), Foxy Jones (a traffic warden), and Mike Bacon (a perpetually hungry boy scout) have formed an unlikely alliance to protect themselves from the invading undead. Hiding in various shelters around town, they avoid Zombies by building blockades, setting fiendish traps or – as a last resort – using their weapons to fight.

PSOne Classics

Baseball Stars 2 (Also on PSP) — Lace up your cleats and step onto the diamond with the pros of Baseball Stars 2. You’ll find everything you’d expect in a classic game of baseball, but with an arcade feel and intense action that distinguish it from the pack. Pick one of six unique teams from cities around the world, then get ready for nine innings of excitement, whether you’re taking on the computer in a 15-game tournament or squaring off against a friend.

The King of Fighters ‘95 (Also on PSP) – Choose from 26 different characters and let the brawling begin. Play the Normal mode and face a series of one-on-one fights. After beating all of the competition, you will learn of each character’s unique motivation for entering the King of Fighters tournament. In addition to the Normal mode, a Team Battle option has been included, where two teams of three of fighters compete against each other. You can choose from eight different teams or create your own with the team edit feature. No matter what mode you play, you must be aware of the last resort moves whenever a character is about to be defeated, he or she has access to huge fireball or massive hit combinations that can level the playing field in an instant.

Minis

Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar
    Angry Birds
    Athena
    Guerilla Wars
    Hal 21
    Ikari Warriors
    Marvin’s Maze
    Ozma Wars
    Sauke vs Commander
    Vanguard

PlayStation Portable

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions — Originally released in 1997, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions is a portable update on the classic turn-based strategy game that gave birth to the world of Ivalice. New features include all-new CG sequences, all-new jobs, new 16:9 widescreen presentation, new head-to-head multiplayer and new storyline elements that refine the genesis of the Ivalice Alliance.

PSone Japan Import

Kyuiin – You play as a boy or a girl who flies around on a vacuum cleaner. You have a choice between four standard weapons: Vulcan, laser, homing and rapid shot. These can all be powered up three times by collecting flying orbs. Another vital part of your arsenal is your vacuum hose, which plays a very important part in the game. You can suck up certain types of enemies like birds, paper planes and angels.

Not a bad showing at all.

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    Please tell me I'm not imagining things when I remember SCE Japan saying they were working on a full retail Ape Escape Move game... Lie to me if you have to...

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Finally got back on the J-PSN to check out the vids and the Yakuza of the End demo. They have so much content compared to ours.

It should be there, if you can find it (though the JPSN does actually have a better layout than the other stores).

Last night I FINALLY got my Beyond Good & Evil HD refund back (because SCEE are idiots and put it up on the store at a different price than normal at first), so I guess I'll put it towards Limbo (assuming it's coming out this week over here, which is a bit much to ask of SCEE).

• Options
    The full store update is up. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/19/playstation-store-update-199/
    Updates

Bioshock 2 Exclusive Characters – Sale (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
    Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Bioshock 2 Protector Trials – Sale (PS3) (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
    Bioshock 2 Rapture Metro – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Bioshock 2 Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
    Borderlands – Sale (PS3) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
    Borderlands New Revolution – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Borderlands Secret Armory – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Borderlands The Underdome – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Borderlands Zombie Island – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Mafia II – The Betrayal Of Jimmy – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Mafia II – Greaser Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
    Mafia II – Jimmy's Vendetta – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Mafia II – Joe's Adventure – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Mafia II – Renegade Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
    Mafia II – Vegas Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
    Mafia II – War Hero Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
    Cuboid – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Interpol: The Trail Of Dr. Chaos – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Magic Orbz – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Sky Fighter – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Smash Cars – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
    Wakeboarding HD – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Hamsterball – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Ricochet HD – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Wackylands Boss – Minis – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught/Battlefield 1943 Bundle – Price Change (PS3) (now $12.99, original price $19.99)
    Pool Hall Pro – Price Change (PSP) (now $3.99, original price $9.99)

Games

Limbo ($14.99)
    Fast Draw Showdown ($9.99)
    Dead Block ($9.99)
    Baseball Stars 2 ($8.99) B
    The King of Fighters '95 ($8.99)

Demos

Dead Block Demo
    Limbo Demo

PSone Imports

Kyuiin ($5.99)

Add-ons

Fallout: New Vegas – Old World Blues ($9.99)
    Dead Block – More Dead To Block Map Pack ($2.99)
    Bulletstorm Blood Symphony DLC Pack ($9.99)
    Mortal Kombat Warrior Rain ($4.99)
    Mortal Kombat – Compatibility Pack 3 Featuring Klassic Skins (Free)
    Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls Additional Scenario The Red Shadow Of The Sister ($7.99)
    MotorStorm Apocalypse King of Diamonds Event Pack (Free)
    ModNation Racers Medieval Mini Theme ($6.99)
    Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon – Sideswipe ($0.99)
    Rock Band Network V2.0
    • "(pin)Ballz" – Insomniac Games ($0.99)
    • "Alaska" – Between the Buried and Me ($1.99)
    • "Find Beauty" – Rose of Jericho ($1.99)
    • "Sick, Sick, Sick" – Bayside ($1.99)
    • "Too Little Too Late" – A Skylit Drive ($1.99)
    • File size: 23 – 40 MB (singles)
    Rock Band Weekly

Bundles

Borderlands Full Bundle ($19.99)
    Bioshock 2 – Add-On Bundle ($10.99)
    Mafia II – Add-On Bundle ($14.49)

Videos (free)

BioShock Infinite – Windows into other Worlds Trailer
    Dead Block Debut Trailer
    NEOGEO Station Title Lineup Trailer
    Back To The Future: The Game – Behind The Scenes – Surprise Voice Joins The Cast
    Rocksmith Announcement Trailer
    PixelJunk Shooter 2 Online Battle Video
    Starhawk Introducing the Universe Video

PS3 Themes

Fast Draw Showdown Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
    Dead Block Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
    Brain Freeze Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
    Shark Attack Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
    Circles Of Confusion Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

PSP

Downloadable Games (also available from PS3 Storefront)

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions ($9.99)
    Baseball Stars 2 PSP ($6.99)
    The King Of Fighters '95 PSP ($6.99)

Add-on Game Content (also available from PS3 Storefront)

DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY Bartz: Dancer ($0.99)
    DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY FFV BGM Pack 3 Tracks ($0.99)
    DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY FFVI BGM Pack 3 Tracks ($0.99)
    DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY FFXI BGM Pack 3 Tracks ($0.99)
    DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY Shantotto: Wedding Dress ($0.99)
    DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY Terra: Striped Dress ($0.99)

PSP minis (also available from PS3 Storefront)

Angry Birds ($3.99)
    Athena ($2.99)
    Guerrilla War ($2.99)
    HAL 21 ($2.99)
    Ikari Warriors ($2.99)
    Marvin's Maze ($2.99)
    Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar ($4.99)
    Ozma Wars ($2.99)
    Sasuke Vs. Commander ($2.99)
    Vanguard ($2.99)

PlayStation Plus

Featured Games & DLC

Guerilla War minis (Free with Plus, a $2.99 value)

Discounted Games

Borderlands Full Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $14.99 – a $60 value)
    Limbo (PlayStation Plus price $11.99; a 20% discount)
    Cuboid (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
    Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
    Magic Orbz (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
    Sky Fighters (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
    Smash Cars (PlayStation Plus price $5.99; a 20% discount)
    Wakeboarding HD (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
    Hamsterball (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
    Richochet HD (PlayStation Plus price $3.99; a 20% discount)
    Baseball Stars 2 (PlayStation Plus price $7.19; a 20% discount)
    Baseball Stars 2 PSP (PlayStation Plus price $5.59; a 20% discount)
    The King of Fighters '95 (PlayStation Plus price $7.19; a 20% discount)
    The King of Fighters '95 PSP (PlayStation Plus price $5.59; a 20% discount)
    Athena minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
    HAL 21 minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
    Ikari Warriors minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
    Marvin's Maze minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
    Ozma Wars minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
    Sasuke vs. Commander minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)
    Vanguard minis (PlayStation Plus price $2.39; a 20% discount)

Limbo and New Vegas: Old World Blues are out. Borderlands GOTY $15 for Plus members. Sale on Mafia II, Bioshock 2, and Borderlands DLC, as well something called Cuboid. Anyone play it? It apparently reviewed well and thinking of picking it up at that price.

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for posting that SkyEye. I've got the OP updated now. Since it's not known when the Comic store will update again next, I've cleared it out, so it's more or less a placeholder for now.

Also because I needed the character space. Apparently the new forums have a smaller character limit. Ugh.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Cuboid is a fun puzzle game. Pretty simple, you just roll a 2x1x1 block around, trying to get it to the finish space. I think there are 60 levels, plus whatever else you can get in DLC. I don't think there's a demo, but I watched a movie off of PSN and bought it for $5 a while back. If you like puzzle games, I'd recommend it for $5.

EDIT:

I've heard great things about Minerva's Den, so I'll pick that up, but I'm not bothering with the bundle, because if you are not interested in the MP DLC (I'm guessing MP is all but dead), buying all the SP DLC is cheaper a la carte (plus the Protector Trials don't sound interesting at all). I think I'm going to wait on Limbo, though. Even with my 30 day PSN+, $12 is still asking a lot for a 1 year old game that I hear is pretty short.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    cj iwakura wrote:

It should be there, if you can find it (though the JPSN does actually have a better layout than the other stores).

Last night I FINALLY got my Beyond Good & Evil HD refund back (because SCEE are idiots and put it up on the store at a different price than normal at first), so I guess I'll put it towards Limbo (assuming it's coming out this week over here, which is a bit much to ask of SCEE).

Did you have to email them or anything? I payed $23ish NZD for it the very day it released, that was with the PS+ discount. I dont really care, BG&E HD is worth that much to me, so watevs.

Edit: Just looked up my transaction history and saw a $8.80 system credit added on the 16th.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Oh god. I grabbed a $30 card for my account and then I realised that there's not really anything up that I actually want.
    D:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Ok here's today's PAL update: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/07/20/heads-up-game-store-update-20th-july-2011/

First up there's two sales going on.

We've got the Summer Sale Special Offers which has some cool games at nice prices (eg Moon Diver, Bionic Commando Rearmed 1 & 2 etc.).

Then there's the EA Summer of Speed which has the DLC from Burnout Paradise, NFS: Hot Pursuit, Undercover and Shift (but not Shift 2 for some reason) at a reduced price. I think the Burnout deals look pretty sweet myself.

There's also some PSOne games and Minis on sale as well.

The main update looks like this:
    Full Games (PS3)
    Golden Axe (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Limbo (€12.99) Rating: PEGI 16

minis (PS3 and PSP)
    Me Monstar! Hear me Roar (£3.99/€4.99)

JellyCar 2 (£1.99/€2.49)

Dr. Maybe and the Adventures of Scary Girl (£3.49/€3.99)

One Epic Game (£2.49/€2.99)

DLC has the usual LBP, Modnation, Rock Band etc. stuff, but it also has:
    BulletStorm - Blood Symphony Pack (£7.99/€9.99)

Fallout: New Vegas – Old World Blues (£7.99/€9.99)

Mortal Kombat - Rain Playable Warrior (£3.19/€3.99) & Rain Compatibility Pack (free)

For Plus members there's a 20% discount on Limbo and not much else.

edit: It would be nice if I could download the Limbo trial instead of having it error out, so my already paid for unlock key was actually worth something.

edit zwei: Ah, finally.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Is there any way to rearrange the PSN games on the XMB? Alphabetical? Most recently used? Any order except "when they were installed?"

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I've got mine sorted by "Album" (folder). So a PSN folder, Demos, Betas, etc. From there I'm pretty sure mine is sorted by last played. Check your options via square or triangle.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Yeah sorting options are still a disaster. Sorting by last played has always seemed to me the most reasonable option as it doesn't bury games you play often that start with WXYZetc. at the bottom every time.

• Options
    Aaaaaaaaaand drop-time.
    PlayStation Network

Golden Axe – In Turtle Village, the children are fleeing for their lives! The invaders are brutal, ugly, and 12 feet tall, with huge arms, bellowing laughs, and fierce weapons for pounding you into the ground!

In this version of the classic arcade beat-em-up Golden Axe, three mighty heroes have a score to settle with the evil Death Adder. As a powerful fighter, a female Amazon, or a mighty dwarf, fight through Adder’s henchmen with weapon and magic attacks, or ride the fearsome, fire-breathing dragon in Golden Axe.

Back to the Future: The Game Episode 5 – Marty McFly and Doc Brown return in a completely new Back to the Future adventure. Six months after the events of the third film, the DeLorean Time Machine mysteriously returns to Hill Valley — driverless! Marty must go back in time and get aid from a resistant teenage Emmett Brown, or else the space time continuum will forever be unraveled!

Section 8: Prejudice – In the distant future, humanity will call on its most fearless defenders to confront an emerging threat determined to eradicate all human life as we know it. Section 8: Prejudice is a sci-fi first-person shooter with dynamic combat, where every decision — from customizing equipment to activating team based objectives — drastically impacts the battlefield.

Deadliest Warrior: Legends – In Deadliest Warrior: Legends, take control of history’s greatest warriors and face the likes of Alexander the Great, Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan, Hannibal, Hernan Cortes, Shaka Zulu, Sun Tzu, Vlad the Impaler and William Wallace.
    With enhanced graphics and 9 arenas, new fighting options like grapples, pushes, ring outs, feints, projectile targeting, and new final strikes will expand your tactical options! Also included, a new strategy game called Generals! Players take control of the Battlefield Simulator from the TV show and play 1 of the 9 legendary warrior campaigns and unlock abilities that the actual warriors used to get an edge in battle.

Demos

No More Heroes’ Paradise
    Deadliest Warrior: Legends

No More Heroes demo! And....well, other things. A few other things.

• Options
    So my PS3 just YLOD'd... Maybe I should just take the Slim if they give me the option again. I haven't played a PS2 game on it for years, and the few I did tended to freeze at certain points, presumably due to emulation issues (Yakuza 2 and Persona 3 namely). Most of my favourite games are getting HD re-releases anyway and I can always try use PCSX2 with the few remaining. I should be able to get most of my saves back, thanks to the free month of PSN+, though I'll have to sign up for PSN+ just to get them, but I'm going to lose my Dynasty Warriors 7 save and I put a crapload of hours into that thing. Had just ordered Catherine and Dungeon Siege 3 too. Fucking sucks.

• Options
    My 60 gig YLOD'd back in January, the replacement I got back had no BC (it still came in the old phat case though), so I'm not sure if they're sending out refurbed BC models any more. If I'd known that at the time I probably would have just bought a slim, cos the replacement can get pretty loud sometimes.

I still have some PS2 games I want to play so it was nice when I managed to get hold of a second hand PS2 slim for 30 euros, it's in pretty good condition. I don't what the situation is where you are, Unco, but PS2's are getting kinda hard to find around here.

• Options
    Well, it's not the first time I've had problems with the YLOD. First one was a couple of years ago (right before Infamous 1 came out), I sent it in, they refurbished it (same system and everything, I could tell) and 1-2 weeks later it YLOD'd again. This happened three times before they rang me up and gave me a choice between them replacing the BD drive and seeing what happens or just getting a different PS2 BC-less system. I picked the first option and it's worked, up until this morning.

The PS2 issue isn't a huge one. My PC is more than handy (though it was only last f'n week that I fixed it, stupid faulty SATA wire made me think the HDD was dying and I ended up buying a new one...), so it can run PCSX2 pretty well and I do still have a working PS2 gathering dust at my parents.

So I'll take it in tomorrow (for free, thumbs up government regulations) and see what happens. Hopefully it won't take 2 months to get it back in working order like last time.

• Options
    Update's up. I guess Sony's going through its publisher list for its weekly sales, cause this week its THQ games/DLC 50% off.

Move.me appears to be an SDK for a certain motion control peripheral—bet you can't guess which one! Looks like they're gonna make move.me free for academic students and faculty?

Also, Section 8 Prejudice for PSN. It comes with free original Section 8 for the first few PS+ subscribers, also other stuff for early adopters.

• Options
    i really wish there was a demo for section 8. it looks like it might be fun, but im not going to drop $15 blind on something like that.

also i think im going to finally pick up stacking for 50% off.

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote:
    also i think im going to finally pick up stacking for 50% off.

If you do, let me know how it is. It looks interesting, and it seems like most people like it, but when I tried the demo it felt so damn slow and boring.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    I never played no more heroes on wii so I'm not sure about its performance there, but the demo has a lot of screen tearing.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So Stacking and Costume Quest are 15 bucks, right? So they're on sale for 7.50 each?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    So Stacking and Costume Quest are 15 bucks, right? So they're on sale for 7.50 each?

Yup, and the DLC for each game is half price too. Game+DLC for $10 each.

• Options
    PAL Update: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/07/27/heads-up-game-store-update-27th-july-2011/

The sales from last week are still ongoing. So if you want Slam Bolt Scrappers, Strong Bad’s Cool Game or whatever cheap, you're in luck.
    Trial & Unlock (PS3)

3D Ultra Mini Golf Adventures (£7.99/€9.99)
    Availability: Not available in Russia and Ukraine

Dead Block (£7.99/€9.99)

Full Games (PS3)

Section 8: Prejudice – Special Offer Bundle (£9.99/€12.99)

Includes both downloadable Map Packs for one week only
    Exclusive in-game armour for PlayStation Plus members
    First 1000 Plus members to purchase receive Section 8 free

PSP Essentials

Toy Story 3 (£7.99/€9.99)

Split/Second: Velocity (£7.99/€9.99)
    Availability: Not available in France

Hannah Montana: Rock out the Show (£7.99/€9.99)
    Availability: Not available in Belgium, Kuwait, Netherlands, Portugal and Ukraine

Tron: Evolution (£7.99/€9.99)

DLC

As usual, there's stuff for Rock Band, LBP, Modnation and some others.

The stand-outs are probably:
    Call of Duty: Black Ops – Annihilation Pack (£11.49/€14.49) from Thursday, 28th July

LA Noire - “The Consul’s Car” Traffic Case (£3.19/€3.99)

I think that might be the last DLC case for LA Noire.

Playstation Plus members get whatever weird thing that's going on with Section 8 and Comet Crash.

• Options
    has anyone played section 8 prejudice? im either going to get that or the new maps for blops, but i dunno.

• Options
    Sorry for the late OP update today, folks. Thanks, though to SkyEye and Diarmuid for posting the respective updates, though! Much appreciated.

• Options
    The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    Can anyone fill me in a bit on Wipeout HD?

I'm curious about one thing: My understanding was that the controversial load-screen advertising had disappeared only weeks after it had appeared back when Fury was released -- but it's obviously in the copy I picked up during the Welcome Back program. Is this something that only appears for users who got it as part of Welcome Back, or do those maddening, offensive Honda Civic ads that make me never, ever want to buy a Honda appear for everyone?

valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Can anyone fill me in a bit on Wipeout HD?

I'm curious about one thing: My understanding was that the controversial load-screen advertising had disappeared only weeks after it had appeared back when Fury was released -- but it's obviously in the copy I picked up during the Welcome Back program. Is this something that only appears for users who got it as part of Welcome Back, or do those maddening, offensive Honda Civic ads that make me never, ever want to buy a Honda appear for everyone?

I have never seen any adds on my loading screens, and I got my copy during welcome back.

• Options
    The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    Huh. Are you in North America?

valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Yeah. Do they appear during online or offline races, or all the time?

This discussion has been closed.