Options

Playstation Store Thread - Use the New Thread!

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Need more Legacy of Kain games on PSN.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I played Alundra ages ago and enjoyed it. Though I can't remember WD's script for it. How is it?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Adda wrote: »

Blood Omen and Soul Reaver are already on the PSN.

There aren't any more.

Well, there are three more, but they're on the PS2, which means that the majority of PS3s can't play them.

Or do you mean Legacy of Kain style games on the PSN? Because if you do, then we are definitely in agreement.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Just watch a little of an Alundra Let's Play. It looks too dialogue heavy for me.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Adda wrote: »

Blood Omen and Soul Reaver are already on the PSN.

There aren't any more.

Well, there are three more, but they're on the PS2, which means that the majority of PS3s can't play them.

Or do you mean Legacy of Kain style games on the PSN? Because if you do, then we are definitely in agreement.

I don't think either of them are on the EU PSN, plus I would like to see the PS2 games on there somehow. Remakes or whatever :)

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've never played the PS2 games in the series, but I've heard they're a mixed bag. Would be nice to find out for sure, though.

Pulling PS2 support was one of the most boneheaded moves Sony has ever made, especially considering the (admitted) almost negligible cost addition of the hardware required. They could be making money hand over fist right now if PS2 games were up on the PSN. I guess most of us will have to make do with "HD Collections".

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hmm. Alundra. That's the game I keep confusing with Granstream Saga because I never ever see the latter at used game stores.

I might have to get it, though, because, you know, Zelda.

I'm amazed at the rate at which they're releasing imports, though. They must've built up quite a backlog of them to release; it seems like there's two in every single update.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    For those of you who haven't played Alundra, here's a good primer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ4lh07pAQo

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I played Alundra ages ago and enjoyed it. Though I can't remember WD's script for it. How is it?

There's no such thing as a bad WD script.

There was one awesome line that Victor had to remove from the US release that he saved a screencap of, I'll see if I can find it(he posts at NeoGAF).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Huh. That game looks pretty nifty. I'll definitely grab that when it drops.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wow Alundra. I never thought that would get a release.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    A new batch of messages went out a couple of hours ago to PS+ members who were selected for the Dead Space 2 Multiplayer Beta. It'll be running until the 19th.

If you get the message, the attachment is a link to download the beta from the store, it's 305MB.

It would be cool if we could get a list of people who are going to be playing so we could add each other.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I just got my code off Facebook.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Just got done playing a few rounds. Necromorphs win, every time. It seems like it's impossible to get all four pieces of the mine together in the amount of time the game gives the human team. I still can't quite figure out how the grapple attack works either, I seem to grab on to the humans at random.

I wonder if betas are going to be used more extensively as a push for PS+?

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well, there are Dead Space 2 and AC: Brotherhood betas running for PS+ users right now, and a Killzone 3 beta in the future, so I'm guessing yes.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Anybody want to play High Velocity Bowling? I won a code from Subway and don't own a PS3 so it's rather pointless for me...just PM me your email address and I'll forward it your way.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What the heck is that?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't know - I assume bowling at high speeds. I just know I won a code to download it on PSN and have nothing to use it for.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    There is an addon for it that you can get that supports the Move controller I guess, so if you've got one of those you might want to check that out.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There's The Drop! Not even that late this time.
    PlayStation Network

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 – Available exclusively via download, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I brings back the addictive side scrolling action that Sonic fans love in an all-new 2D adventure. Played from the traditional side-scrolling perspective, the game offers classic Sonic moves that fans love including Spin Dash and Rolling Attack and will also feature Homing Attack, all in stunning CG rendered environments.

Dead Space: Ignition — Dead Space Ignition combines an interactive comic-style story with three unique hacking mini games; Hardware Crack, Trace Route and System Override. Dead Space Ignition features a unique “Choose Your Own Adventure” type narrative, allowing players to survive the horrific Necromorph outbreak in multiple ways. The game offers four unique endings and upon completion of each one, players will be rewarded with unlocks including an exclusive suit, all of which can be used by Isaac Clarke in Dead Space 2.

PSone Classics

Arc The Lad — In ancient times, people understood the delicate balance that existed between the physical world and the five Guardians, The Romalians, bent on global conquest, began to shatter the balance that existed between the two worlds. Only by using the power of the Ancient Ark to stem the dark tide will humanity have any hope of life. The only one that possesses the power to use the Ark is a young lad named, oddly enough, Arc. Now, Arc shall embark on a quest to discover what really happened that fateful night ten years ago. Along the way, he’ll meet many new friends who shall become powerful allies.

Alundra – Grab a weapon and become the dreamwalker Alundra as he struggles to purge the evil of an ancient world before it falls to ash. Explore dungeons, find weapons, solve challenging puzzles, and kick some serious monster butt as you weave between tense reality and nightmarish dreams to save the hapless masses.

PlayStation minis

Who’s That Flying? – You are the mysterious and powerful creature known only as the “Guardian of Earth.” Your steely eye and hyper-powered laser arm have kept the citizens of Earth safe for generations. You must not only defend your cities from the ravenous hordes of Doom Beasts, you must defend yourself against accusations of gross incompetence from the Galactic Council of Justice! It’s a side-scrolling shooter meets tower defense (with courtroom drama and intrigue) doused in sheer awesomeness.

Zenonia – Choose from three different classes; Paladin, Warrior, or Assassin. Customize your character with hundreds of weapons and items. Explore tons of quests with good and evil path to choose from. Anime style graphics and innovative real life system make Zenonia a unique gaming experience for everyone!

This is a pretty crazy-big week. Arc the Lad and Alundra should be on everyone's "Buy" list, if just so we can get more PSOne games on the store. Sonic 4 is sure to be picked up by a few of you, I know, but hopefully, there'll be a demo for anyone on the fence (which is probably a bigger group than Buy on Sight).

I'll be honest; this is actually the first time I've heard of Dead Space: Ignition, but from the blurb and knowing it's in the Dead Space universe, I'm a little intrigued.

If there's anyone curious about "Who's That Flying?", it should be known that it's being made by the same team behind "Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess!" which is probably one of the better experiences available on the Minis service.

Some wallets are gonna be weeping this week.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hmm that is some good stuff on PSN. I've been keeping my ps3 offline because I wanted to mess around with hacking my ps3, but its getting harder with these good releases coming up. I may just have buy a second ps3. (I think I have enough sony points saved up to get $180 or so off)

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Anybody want to play High Velocity Bowling? I won a code from Subway and don't own a PS3 so it's rather pointless for me...just PM me your email address and I'll forward it your way.

Wow, two and half days later and I'm the first to ask for the code. Apparently no one wants to try it out. Whenever the Move patch for the game hits PSN, I'll try it out and post my impressions for anyone who cares.

Thanks again, LL.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    PasteePastee Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    HVB is as good as any of the other bowling simulators out there. You even used your PS3 contoller like you would a Wii controller. It felt awkward, but the game itself is pretty slick.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays with the move.

Pastee on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Here's a review of the DSiWare version of Zenonia:
    http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/reviews/2010/10/zenonia_dsiware

Looks like an awesome Action/RPG, although I'll probably pick up Alundra first.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So, I'm pretty much set on getting Alundra today (you can all thank me in whatever way you wish :P) but is Arc the Lad worth it? Most of you seem to be saying it's just "okay"? Is it worth it to play through 1 just on the chance that supposedly better sequel hits?

InkSplat on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh hey, I totally forgot about Rayman being on sale last week. Oh well.

Also, I finished up Sonic the Hedgehog 4 on my Wii last night. Awesome, fun game. Took maybe 5-6 hours to complete all the acts and get all the emeralds. (the latter half of the special stages are downright devious) My only real gripe is the first half of the game is a bit on the easy side and it's short, but I can imagine replaying stages over and over to upload new times to the leaderboard.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    InkSplat wrote: »
    So, I'm pretty much set on getting Alundra today (you can all thank me in whatever way you wish :P) but is Arc the Lad worth it? Most of you seem to be saying it's just "okay"? Is it worth it to play through 1 just on the chance that supposedly better sequel hits?

Arc the Lad II is up on the ESRB site and Vic Ireland has stated that they're planning on releasing it about a month after the first one goes up so the sequel is almost definitely coming up.

The biggest problem with Arc the Lad I is that it's rather short. Most people can probably can beat the game in under 10 hours. But hey, for $6, I can live with too short.

On the plus side, if you have an Arc the Lad I save file, you can import it into Arc the Lad II which results in the first game characters starting out with the same LVs as they ended. More importantly, if you got the secret character in the first game (by completing the big bonus dungeon), you can get her in the second game.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Arc the Lad II is up on the ESRB site and Vic Ireland has stated that they're planning on releasing it about a month after the first one goes up so the sequel is almost definitely coming up.

The biggest problem with Arc the Lad I is that it's rather short. Most people can probably can beat the game in under 10 hours. But hey, for $6, I can live with too short.

On the plus side, if you have an Arc the Lad I save file, you can import it into Arc the Lad II which results in the first game characters starting out with the same LVs as they ended. More importantly, if you got the secret character in the first game (by completing the big bonus dungeon), you can get her in the second game.

Huh. Alright. So I guess I'll go ahead and pick it up then.

InkSplat on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Welp, the store updated a couple hours ago, but the forums were down. So, at least everything should be up for sure.
    Halloween Collection (PS3 Store; US & Canadian Storefronts)
    Put a scare in your PS3 and PSP with this Halloween Collection of games! There’s PS3 titles such as Burn Zombie Burn. There’s PSone horror classics such as Silent Hill, PSP games like Undead Knights and minis like Age of Zombies. Plus, get Halloween-themed DLC and premium themes.

Updates

Fighting Force – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $5.99) **Part of the PlayStation 15th Anniversary Sale
    Resident Evil 5: Untold Stories Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $12.49)
    Blue Toad Murder Files Episodes 4-6 Bundle Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
    Astro Tripper – Sale (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
    Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins – Sale (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
    Section 8 – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
    Fate Unlimited Codes – Permanent Price Drop (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $29.99)
    Power Stone Collection Legacy – Permanent Price Drop (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)

-(PS3) Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I ($14.99)
    -(PS3) Dead Space Ignition ($4.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1, Dead Space Ignition, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

-(PSOne) Arc The Lad ($5.99)
    -(PSOne) Alundra ($5.99)

Darkstalkers Avatars (x2) ($0.49)
    File size: 100 KB

Mega Man 10 Avatars (x2) ($0.49)

Street Fighter Ken Avatar ($0.49)

Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype Avatars (x7) ($0.49)
    File size: 100 – 110 KB

-(PSP) NBA 2K11 ($19.99)
    -(PSP) FIFA Soccer 11 (English/Spanish) ($39.99)
    -(PSP) FIFA Soccer 11 (Enlgish/French) (Canada Only) ($39.99)

-(Minis) Zenonia – Minis ($6.99)

So, detail-oriented people will notice that "Who's That Flying?" is missing, which, it's missing from The Drop now, as well. I imagine a week delay or two, possibly to get out of this update. Otherwise, everything else is as it said it would be. Hopefully a little something for everyone to walk away with.

If you're planning on buying Dead Space: Ignition (Which is a pre-order bonus for Dead Space 2.....I think only the Special Edition? Dunno for sure. Codes will be sent out starting tomorrow, I believe.) check the price before you check out. It was initially listed as $9.99 in the update post and was later updated. I don't know if it was ever $9.99 on the store proper, but better to check and be sure.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh snap Power Stone & G'nG is gonna be hard to resist.

Especially after I missed MMX, both Castlevanias, and Rayman.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What is Dead Space: Ignition that went up today? I'm currently downloading the demo cause I like Dead Space, but I have no clue what this thing is. A platformer? or what?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Man the more it festers the more I regret not picking up pretty much every PSOne game offered for sale so far.

That being said, is there a list of the games that have been offered for sale as part of the anniversary thus far?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Read this verrry carefully.
    Originally Posted by ULTROS!:
    Hopefully it goes well! Are you guys limited to unlocalized PS1 games or are you guys also planning to include unlocalized PSN/PS3 games?

Victor Ireland:

The current focus is PS1 games, but there have been broader talks related to that, so we'll see how this goes and proceed from there.

Growlanser? Oh, if only.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've always heard good things about Alundra

Arc the Lad? Was that even released on the PS1 outside of that collection?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    PAL update: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/10/13/heads-up-game-store-update-13th-october-2010/

Special Offers

(Offer prices available until the 27th of October)
    Topatoi: The Great Tree Story (was – £4.79/€5.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
    Topatoi Bundle (Contains full game, Pillar of Skies and Arcade Style Packs) (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £4.79/€5.99)
    Blue Toad Murder Files – Episodes 4-6 (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £4.99/€6.19)
    Smash Cars – Virus Run (was – £2.39/€2.99 now – £0.79/€0.99)
    Hyperballoid – Original World Pack (was – £1.59/€1.99 now – £1.25/€1.59)
    Metal Gear Solid – Portable Ops (PSP) (was – £8.79/€10.99 now – £5.19/€6.59)
    Disney’s Tarzan (PSone) (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)

Permanent Price Reductions
    Section 8 (was – £19.99/€24.99 now – £9.99/€12.99)
    Blade Kitten (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £7.19/€8.99)
    Half Minute Hero (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)
    R-Type Tactics (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)

PlayStation Plus
    Full Game Trial Hustle Kings
    Game Add-ons Fallout 3 Packs – Point Lookout, Mothership Zeta and Operation Anchorage
    Theme Killzone 3 Beta (goes live at 8pm in the UK, 9pm CET and 6am tomorrow in Sydney, Australia)

Downloadable Games (PS3)
    Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (£9.99/€12.99)

Downloadable Games – Trial and Unlock (PS3)
    Dead Space Ignition (Trial free, Unlock Key £3.99/€4.99)

Downloadable Games (PSP)
    Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Predator (£23.99/€29.99)

PSP Essentials
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (£7.99/€9.99) Only available in Croatia, France, Ireland, Italy, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey and UK
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (£7.99/€9.99) All locales except India

minis (PS3/PSP)
    Crime Spree (£2.49/€2.99) Not available in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain and Switzerland

Demos (PS3)
    Star Wars The Force Unleashed II - All locales except Germany
    Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2
    Sky Fighter Rating
    Legend of the Guardians - Not available in India, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey and UAE

There's also DLC for Dead Rising 2, Red Dead Redemption, HAWX 2, WRC, Moto GP 10, Split/Second, Pain and Rock Band.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Man. Alundra can be cheap right off the bat. How in the hell are you supposed to get the Gilded Falcon in Olen's dream? The chest dropped and then I was yanked out of the dream like a second later. You have to be standing like right where it drops to have any chance.

Kinda lame.

InkSplat on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    There's The Drop! Not even that late this time.
    PlayStation Network

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 – Available exclusively via download, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I brings back the addictive side scrolling action that Sonic fans love in an all-new 2D adventure. Played from the traditional side-scrolling perspective, the game offers classic Sonic moves that fans love including Spin Dash and Rolling Attack and will also feature Homing Attack, all in stunning CG rendered environments.

Dead Space: Ignition — Dead Space Ignition combines an interactive comic-style story with three unique hacking mini games; Hardware Crack, Trace Route and System Override. Dead Space Ignition features a unique “Choose Your Own Adventure” type narrative, allowing players to survive the horrific Necromorph outbreak in multiple ways. The game offers four unique endings and upon completion of each one, players will be rewarded with unlocks including an exclusive suit, all of which can be used by Isaac Clarke in Dead Space 2.

PSone Classics

Arc The Lad — In ancient times, people understood the delicate balance that existed between the physical world and the five Guardians, The Romalians, bent on global conquest, began to shatter the balance that existed between the two worlds. Only by using the power of the Ancient Ark to stem the dark tide will humanity have any hope of life. The only one that possesses the power to use the Ark is a young lad named, oddly enough, Arc. Now, Arc shall embark on a quest to discover what really happened that fateful night ten years ago. Along the way, he’ll meet many new friends who shall become powerful allies.

Alundra – Grab a weapon and become the dreamwalker Alundra as he struggles to purge the evil of an ancient world before it falls to ash. Explore dungeons, find weapons, solve challenging puzzles, and kick some serious monster butt as you weave between tense reality and nightmarish dreams to save the hapless masses.

PlayStation minis

Who’s That Flying? – You are the mysterious and powerful creature known only as the “Guardian of Earth.” Your steely eye and hyper-powered laser arm have kept the citizens of Earth safe for generations. You must not only defend your cities from the ravenous hordes of Doom Beasts, you must defend yourself against accusations of gross incompetence from the Galactic Council of Justice! It’s a side-scrolling shooter meets tower defense (with courtroom drama and intrigue) doused in sheer awesomeness.

Zenonia – Choose from three different classes; Paladin, Warrior, or Assassin. Customize your character with hundreds of weapons and items. Explore tons of quests with good and evil path to choose from. Anime style graphics and innovative real life system make Zenonia a unique gaming experience for everyone!

This is a pretty crazy-big week. Arc the Lad and Alundra should be on everyone's "Buy" list, if just so we can get more PSOne games on the store. Sonic 4 is sure to be picked up by a few of you, I know, but hopefully, there'll be a demo for anyone on the fence (which is probably a bigger group than Buy on Sight).

I'll be honest; this is actually the first time I've heard of Dead Space: Ignition, but from the blurb and knowing it's in the Dead Space universe, I'm a little intrigued.

If there's anyone curious about "Who's That Flying?", it should be known that it's being made by the same team behind "Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess!" which is probably one of the better experiences available on the Minis service.

Some wallets are gonna be weeping this week.

Wait... is Silent Hill 1 on sale?

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    ystaelystael Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man. Alundra can be cheap right off the bat. How in the hell are you supposed to get the Gilded Falcon in Olen's dream? The chest dropped and then I was yanked out of the dream like a second later. You have to be standing like right where it drops to have any chance.

Kinda lame.

It was a nasty surprise to find that Alundra doesn't support the analog sticks -- I probably won't play it after all, because I find the Sony D-pad so painful.

Back in the day, I had a third-party PS1/2 controller with a 'digital/analog' switch that, when you set it to 'digital' mode, mapped the left stick onto the D-pad and the right stick onto the buttons. I don't suppose any third-party PS3 controller provides this feature?

ystael on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ystael wrote: »

Kinda lame.

It was a nasty surprise to find that Alundra doesn't support the analog sticks -- I probably won't play it after all, because I find the Sony D-pad so painful.

Back in the day, I had a third-party PS1/2 controller with a 'digital/analog' switch that, when you set it to 'digital' mode, mapped the left stick onto the D-pad and the right stick onto the buttons. I don't suppose any third-party PS3 controller provides this feature?

I think there are actually third party controllers where you can swap the functions around between buttons. So you can make R1 the shoot button in a game that mapped it to R2 and the like. Don't ask me what one(s) do it though, I've no clue.

Sucks they don't let you remap buttons for the PS1 emulator yourself, or even just offer a bunch of different pre-made settings like the PSP.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ystael wrote: »

Kinda lame.

Yeah, I was a little "Eh" about the lack of Analog support. But I still plan to try and play through it. Just won't be in big spurts.

InkSplat on
This discussion has been closed.