As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play Lone Wolf: Book 22, Mydnight's Hero. We need Grand Master Dicipline: Spelling.

1151618202128

Posts

  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Buy Oil, Arrows, Ball of Chalk, and Lyre

    Head down to the Beach

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Bought the Oil, Arrows, Chalk, and Lyre for 4 gold (book notes say to treat the 3 arrows as one item for purchase), bringing us to 30 gold.

    Page 24:As you ride across the firm sandy beach towards the excited crowd you see that they are gathered around the carcass of a whale. These poor villagers are celebrating their unexpected good fortune for this whale will provide them with food for a month, and enough oil to fuel their lamps until winter. A cheerful-looking old man hails you with his walking stick and you slow your horse to a halt.

    ‘You be bound for Bir Rabalou, good sirs?’ he asks. ‘ 'Cause if you is, then you'd do well to heed my advice.’

    ‘And what advice would that be?’ replies Ernan. The old man gives him a thin smile and then hobbles nearer to your horse. He does not say anything; he simply holds out his hand in the hope that you will pay him something for his advice.

    If you wish to give this old man 1 Gold Crown, turn to 219.

    If you choose not to give him anything, turn to 313.

    Lame choice, they both end up at the same place, so I'm assuming 1 gold for the more colorful page.

    ________________________________________________________

    Page 219: You take a single Gold Crown from your money pouch and toss it to the old man who catches it with surprising dexterity (erase 1 Gold Crown from your Action Chart). He tests its worth by biting down on its edge with his blackened teeth before tucking it safely away in the folds of his tattered mhaktis.

    ‘There's a mutiny taking place in the city of Bir Rabalou,’ he says, his creaky old voice barely audible above the crash of the surf. ‘The Funtal of the city has imposed heavy taxes on the city's merchants, and we've heard from travellers that the Trader's Guild have paid foreign assassins to come and do away with 'im.’ Suddenly the old man's face drops and his myopic eyes narrow with suspicion when he notices that you and your companions are not natives of this land.

    ‘Don't be alarmed,’ says Oswin, ‘we're not assassins. We're … traders.’

    He smiles uneasily. Clearly he is not convinced and, without saying another word, he turns around and hobbles away across the beach.

    ‘Silly old fool!’ says Sligh. ‘We're wastin' our time 'ere, Grand Master. Let's be getting on.’

    You nod in agreement and signal to the others to follow as you turn your horse back towards the coast road. It is a clear night and the brilliant moon is nearly full. With luck you could be in Bir Rabalou well before midnight.

    Turn to 232.

    ________________________________________________________

    Page 232: You ride the moonlit coast road, covering the remaining 25 miles to Bir Rabalou in little more than three hours. Your first glimpse of the great trading port comes when the road crests a ridge of hills within a mile of its perimeter wall. From here you can see that the city is built in a semicircle between two great jutting spurs of land which protrude into the ocean like the horns of a huge bull. Within the city wall are hundreds of lavish buildings, yet the grandest of all is a castle which stands upon a steep hill at its centre. This one towering stronghold dominates all the other splendid structures of this rich metropolis.

    Your arrival at the north gate at such a late hour is greeted with suspicion from a pair of surly guards. Eventually you are allowed to enter, but only after Oswin bribes them with the horse that Oriah once rode. Beyond the gate you ride along a torchlit avenue which leads down to the harbour; this is filled with trading ships of all nationalities. The quayside and its taverns are alive with activity as the captains and crews of these vessels drink themselves senseless with the money their cargoes have earned.

    You select one of the quieter taverns and stable your horses at the rear before making your entrance. The tavern's taproom is crowded with sailors and traders, most of whom are listening to an uncommonly fine musical performance being given by three Cloeasian minstrels. Your companions are hungry and tired and so you make your way to the counter and ask the tavern-keeper his price for food and a night's lodging. He tells you that 10 Gold Crowns will fill all your bellies and buy you each the use of a comfortable room. You agree to his price (deduct 10 Gold Crowns from your Action Chart) and he hands each of you a numbered key. The marines are not impressed with the minstrels' classical recital and they decide to eat their meals in their rooms. Before they retire for the night you arrange to meet with them here in the taproom, first thing in the morning.

    You seat yourself at the counter and listen to the recital as you enjoy a meal of grilled meat and sugared desert fruits. As you wipe your mouth and push away your empty plate, your eye is caught by a rotund little man who is seated alone in an alcove. ‘Ho, journeyman!’ he calls, beckoning you with a plump hand that is laden with gold and ruby rings. ‘Please, will you join me at my table?’

    If you possess the Grand Master Discipline of Telegnosis, turn to 329.

    If you do not, turn to 301.

    ________________________________________________________

    Page 301: By using your basic Kai skills you are able to determine that this man is a rich trader from Casiorn—the city of merchants. He seems harmless enough, his only fault perhaps is that he has consumed too much ale. Yet you are suspicious of the fact that he has identified you as a journeyman, which leads you to suspect that perhaps he has met other Kai in the past. You are about to ignore him and retire to your room when he repeats his request that you join him at his table. Out of curiosity you decide to find out what he wants.

    Turn to 61.

    ________________________________________________________

    Page 61: ‘Welcome, Master Journeyman,’ says the smiling trader, ‘I'm most pleased to make your acquaintance. My name is Kolastemi Ayusidihara but people know me better as Kol. I see by the cloak clasp you are wearing that you are a Kai journeyman of Sommerlund, yes?’

    You nod to affirm this and the excited little man proceeds to tell you about himself and his business. You hear that he is a merchant who was born in Casiorn but who now lives in the city of Kuchek. When he was a young man he traded silk for wheat in Holmgard where he first encountered the Kai. Once, when his caravan was attacked by a Giak war party on the Ruanon Pike, it was the timely intervention of a Kai journeyman that saved his life and his cargo. Since that day he has revered your warrior order. Barely pausing for breath, he tells you proudly that he has a ship moored in the harbour which is filled with timber that he intends to trade for spices in Bisutan. He plans to set sail tomorrow at noon. When at last he pauses to take a sip of ale from his tankard, you inform him that you and your three companions are travelling overland to Elzian.

    ‘By horse? Such a tiring way to travel and such a difficult road too,’ he says. ‘I would gladly offer you passage aboard my ship but, alas, I carry such a heavy cargo that I could only accommodate one extra passenger. You would be most welcome to sail with me to Bisutan, but sadly I am unable to offer such a favour to your friends.’

    You thank Kol for his offer but decline it, preferring to stay with the marines. You are tired now, and so you rise from your seat and bid the friendly trader goodnight and a safe voyage. As you turn to go to your room he calls out: ‘If you should change your mind, remember I sail at noon. My ship is moored at the end of the east quay. She's called Desert Jewel.’

    Turn to 106.

    ________________________________________________________

    Page 106: You find your room at the end of a corridor on the first floor and you are pleased to discover that it is clean and well furnished. You fall asleep within minutes of lying down upon the feather-mattressed bed, yet it seems as if you have barely closed your eyes when, two hours later, you are rudely awoken by noises in the taproom below. The clomp of iron-shod boots and the hubbub of angry voices make you leap from your bed and reach for your weapon. Quickly you gather your equipment and cloak and ease open the door to your room. Outside in the corridor you see your companions; like you they have been awoken by the commotion downstairs.

    ‘It's the City Guard,’ whispers Oswin, who is peering down the stairwell. Then the tavern-keeper appears and he comes rushing up the stairs. His face is red as a beetroot and he is shaking with fright. ‘The … the Funtal of Bir Rabalou's men are here,’ he says, his voice wavering. ‘They've had word that there are assassins abroad in the harbour and they're checking all foreigners. You're to go down to the taproom at once.’

    If you choose to comply with the tavern-keeper's request to go downstairs to the taproom, turn to 33.

    If instead you choose to ignore his request, you can search for somewhere to hide from the City Guard by turning to 2.

    Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • HykuHyku Registered User regular
    Head downstairs and face the music...

    If it turns out to be trouble we still have sacrificial red shirts to use!


  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Hyku wrote:
    Head downstairs and face the music...

    If it turns out to be trouble we still have sacrificial red shirts to use!

    Agreed. We can probably hide alright but I don't think the marines can.

  • pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    Screw that. Let's hide and hopefully find the guy with the ship

    steam_sig.png

    3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • WubWub Registered User regular
    Part of being a Kai disciple is never facing the music for your flagrant abuse of your abilities remaining humble and not taking credit for your deeds. We should hide..

    steam_sig.png
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Going down...

    Man in the Mists on
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    As promised, bonus weekend update!
    Page 33: Reluctantly the marines follow as you descend the stairs. The moment you set foot in the taproom you are surrounded by armed guards and made to hand over your Weapons (delete all normal Weapons from your Action Chart; you need not delete your Kai Weapon which you keep hidden beneath your cloak). Once you and your companions have been disarmed, you are herded towards the counter to join more than two dozen others who are of foreign nationality. The officer in charge of the armed guards then strides to the middle of the taproom floor and proceeds to inform you in an imperious tone that you are to be taken to the Funtal's castle where your trading papers and travel documents will be scrutinized. The others, who all appear to be traders and merchants, are outraged when they hear this decree. They protest loudly and many refuse to leave the tavern. They say that it is all just a cynical ploy by the Funtal to confiscate their cargoes.

    Kol appears by your side and he whispers to you to follow him. As the Funtal's guards move in and grapple with the angry merchants, you and the marines slip away with Kol and hide in the cellar below the tavern's kitchen. An hour later, as dawn is breaking, the tavern falls silent and you emerge from your hiding place to discover that it is now completely empty.

    Turn to 255.
    What kind of inept guard doesn't check under the cloak?

    __________________________________________________________

    Page 255: ‘The Funtal's a madman!’ splutters Kol. ‘All those poor fools who got took away last night are goin' to lose their cargoes, or their gold, or their ships. You mark my words. I'd not be surprised if some o' them lose their lives into the bargain. It's not safe here no more. Not like the old days.’

    Kol then proceeds to wash down his hearty breakfast with a tankard of ale. He pauses to emit a long loud belch, and then he repeats his offer of a place aboard his ship which sails for Bisutan at noon. The marines do not object to you leaving them if you so wish. Should you decide to continue your journey to Elzian without them, they will attempt to sell your horse and use the money to buy passage aboard the next ship heading north.

    If you now choose to accept Kol's offer, turn to 119.

    If you decide to stay with your travelling companions and continue your journey south with them by road, turn to 73.

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Leave the redshirts before we get them killed.

  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Go with Kol.

  • WubWub Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Since we've got such a great track record with boats in this book, let's go with Kol .

    Wub on
    steam_sig.png
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Accept Kol's Offer

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    Page 119: You say farewell to the three marines and wish them a swift and safe journey home to Sommerlund. Then you leave the tavern with Kol and make your way quickly to his ship which is moored at the end of the quay. Two of the Funtal's guards are patrolling the quayside but they do not challenge you as you board Kol's vessel. They only seem interested in foreign traders who are entering the harbour rather than those making a hasty departure. The Vassagonians who man the Desert Jewel seem a friendly crew, and they welcome Kol's return with cheerful humour. He in turn treats them like sons and it is clear from the way they converse that he is a very popular owner.

    The ship sets sail at noon and sails swiftly southwards with a benevolent wind filling its triangular sail. Kol expects the Desert Jewel to take a day and a half to navigate the two hundred and sixty miles of coastal water between Bir Rabalou and Bisutan. He suggests that you relax and enjoy the voyage, yet despite the fair weather and jovial company you are disturbed by a growing sense of unease. You spend your time on deck for the holds and cabins are filled to the brim with cargo. The only shelter from the sun which scorches the open deck is a makeshift spread of canvas near the stern. You are lying here in the shade when, late in the afternoon, you sense a storm brewing on the horizon.

    If you possess Grand Pathsmanship and Telegnosis, turn to 288.

    If you do not possess both of these Grand Master Disciplines, turn to 129.

    ________________________________________________

    Page 129: You stare across the ocean at the banks of angry clouds which are growing larger and darker with every passing minute. You sense that within them are tremendous natural forces that are building up at a dangerous rate. You feel certain that the presence of the Moonstone is partially responsible for this, although these waters are notorious for their sudden and violent sea-storms.

    Gradually the temperature drops and the gentle undulation of the waves grows fiercer. The wind becomes a gale and the azure sky grows darker and darker, until the sun is lost from view and the ship is shrouded by a deep grey twilight. Soon lightning is the only source of illumination. It tears the roiling clouds and transforms the sea into an angry beast that lashes and batters the ship with a supernatural fury. Then the darkness is obliterated by a great curtain of white fire. Tongues of flame lance down, boiling the sea where they strike the surface and sending up great clouds of steam in their wake. Miraculously these terrifying bolts of power miss the ship, but soon they are rivalled in their ferocity by another terrifying force that is battling to free itself from this hellish storm.

    A hundred balls of dancing fire fall from the clouds like a shower of blazing meteors. One such meteor strikes the helmsman who is struggling with the ship's wheel, and it engulfs him. For a few dreadful moments his head and chest are contained within a roaring yellow orb; then the burning ball is caught by the wind and it spins away into the darkness. The crew scream with terror when they look upon their comrade, for his upper body has been transformed into a blackened and fleshless skull that perches precariously upon a hollow, smoking rib cage.

    ill8.png

    Panic grips the Vassagonian sailors. They abandon their posts and rush to seek shelter below decks in the crowded cargo hold. You are trying to rally them when suddenly a ball of flame drops from the raging skies and comes hurtling down towards your head.

    If you possess the Grand Master Discipline of Elementalism, turn to 197.

    If you do not possess this skill, turn to 51.

    ________________________________________________

    Page 51: You call upon all of your speed and agility in a desperate attempt to throw yourself out of the path of this terrifying meteor. A superhuman effort will be required if you are to accomplish this desperate action successfully.

    Pick a number from the Random Number Table. If you possess Grand Huntmastery add 3 to the number you have picked. You may add an additional 1 to the number you have picked for every 1 ENDURANCE point you are prepared to deduct from your current total.

    If your total score is now 1 or lower, turn to 342.

    If it is 2–7, turn to 15.

    If it is 8 or higher, turn to 203.

    We rolled a 4. +3 for Huntmastery. Going to sacrifice 1 endurance to get us to the top tier.

    ________________________________________________

    Page 203: You dive to avoid the meteor and the lightning speed of your Kai reactions enables you to save yourself from being hit. The fireball strikes the place where you were standing and bounces back into the sky. As it disappears into the angry black clouds it screeches like a banshee and leaves behind it a trail of hissing steam.

    To continue, turn to 132.

    ________________________________________________

    Page 132: You struggle across the heaving deck and grab hold of the ship's spinning helm. Upon gaining control of the wheel you are able to turn the heavy vessel away from the pounding waves. Cold sea and hot flames lash at your body as you fight bravely to steer the Desert Jewel towards a sliver of sunlight that glows like a beacon of hope beyond this supernatural storm.

    After what seems like an eternity, the ship emerges from the grim darkness and sails into a calm sea that is bathed in warm sunlight. Behind you the storm abates as quickly as it arrived and, one by one, the crewmen begin to appear out of the hold. Their tanned faces are pale and they are speechless with shock, yet you can tell by the look in their eyes that they are deeply grateful to have you aboard. Kol appears, shaking and dishevelled, yet he finds the words to express how he and his men feel. He praises your skill and bravery and says that everyone aboard owes you their lives. As a small token of his gratitude he offers you his Sword, his Dagger, and a pouch containing 20 Gold Crowns. (If you wish to keep any of these items, be sure to amend your Action Chart accordingly.)

    All night the Desert Jewel plies the warm southern sea, and at dawn you awake on the rear deck and witness a beautiful sight. A shoal of flying fish are running alongside the ship. As they leap and dive into the blue-green waves, their glistening bodies reflect a rainbow of colour when they are struck by the rays of the early morning sun. You breakfast with the crew who, out of respect, insist that you have only the best food that is on board (you may restore 3 ENDURANCE points. There is also sufficient food left over for 2 Meals).

    To continue, turn to 100.

    ________________________________________________

    Page 100: The Desert Jewel approaches Bisutan harbour late in the afternoon. The city itself is located upon an island in the estuary of the River Khorda and is linked to the mainland by two great stone bridges. You admire these wondrous spans from afar as the ship takes its place in a line of vessels that are waiting to dock at the crowded quayside. The magnificent harbour is full of people who have come here from the four corners of Magnamund to trade their wares. Travellers, merchants, farmers, priests, and slaves are just a few of the people you observe when finally the Desert Jewel is allowed to dock at the harbour wall.

    Kol's trading partners are already waiting on the quayside to meet the ship. They are anxious to do business with him, but the battered state of the ship following yesterday's storm does little to inspire their confidence. The moment the gangplank is lowered, they come rushing aboard to inspect the timber in the hold. Kol bids you a hurried farewell as he and his crew thank you once more for saving their lives and their livelihoods. You disembark and push your way through the busy harbour square and enter a broad avenue which leads to the heart of this teeming city. At a place called Dhanamet Square you happen upon an evening bazaar. You are mindful of your need to find lodging for the night and some means by which you will be able to continue your journey to Elzian. As you stop to look at the market and the façades of the shops and taverns which border upon it, your eye is caught by the gaily-decorated merchant's stalls and the exotic wares displayed upon them.

    If you wish to take a closer look at the market stalls, turn to 7.

    If you choose instead to try to find a place to stay for the night, turn to 236.

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    We have a money pouch and we wish to use it.

    Man in the Mists on
  • WubWub Registered User regular
    Get ye exotic wares

    steam_sig.png
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    We need to try and get a hold of another bow and arrows so To the Market

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Page 7: You tour the market and one stall in particular holds your attention. It is run by a small and timid-looking man and he offers you herbs and potions which he has gathered from all over Magnamund. As you examine the hundreds of phials, philtres, and flasks that are laid out upon his stall, you notice there are many types of herbs that you have encountered before, and some you have not. Of all his selection, the following four interest you the most:

    Potion of Laumspur: restores 4 ENDURANCE points when swallowed after combat.
    Potion of Alether: increases COMBAT SKILL by 2 when swallowed before combat (one use only).
    Potion of Mustow: creates a foul choking gas when released into the air.
    Potion of Sebaris: purifies contaminated water (one use only).

    Each of these potions costs 3 Gold Crowns.

    If you wish to make a purchase, turn to 221.

    If you do not wish to buy anything from this stall, turn to 79.

    Edit: It is not clear why some potions are marked one use only -- not sure if we can buy multiple Laumspur and Mustow potions, or if we can just use them multiple times. If we end up buying potions, let me know what rules you want to use. The book has no note for guidance.

    Spoiler for after you vote
    Normally I would continue but the choice actually has an effect.

    Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    Let's go with Laumspur, Mustow, and Sebaris.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Laumspur(2 if we decide on single use per purchase)
    Potion of Alether
    Potion of Sebaris

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • WubWub Registered User regular
    One laumspur and one alether please

    steam_sig.png
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    I'll buy 1 of each with a provisional second laumspur if people agree we can buy multiple (if you have an opinion, please vote in today's vote). This brings us from 39 Gold to 27 or 24 Gold

    Page 221: You slip your purchase inside your Backpack and then bid farewell to the smiling herbalist before returning to the middle of the square. Here you stop for a few minutes to watch a juggler. As you watch him perform with clubs and daggers, you are continually jostled and bumped by the crowd. You are about to move off when suddenly you feel something tugging at your back. Glancing over your shoulder, you see a suspicious young man running away through the milling crowd. He is clutching something to his chest that you feel sure he has just filched from your Backpack.

    If you wish to chase after this man, turn to 83.

    If you decide to let him go, turn to 56.

    Kind of a lame update. Knowing y'all, I'm just going to assume we chase.

    ____________________________________________

    Page 83: The man snakes his way through the crowd with surprising speed. He is fast and agile, but he is no match for a Kai Grand Master and you quickly catch him. Your suspicions were correct: he is clasping to his chest an item from your Backpack (the first item on your list). Having been caught red-handed, this wily thief now tries to turn the tables on you. He screams at the top of his voice that you are robbing him. His wailing cries attract the crowd's attention and soon you find yourself surrounded by a score of scowling faces, all looking accusingly at you.

    If you possess the Discipline of Kai-alchemy, and wish to use it, turn to 30.

    If you possess the Discipline of Bardsmanship, and wish to use it, turn to 286.

    If you possess neither of these skills, or if you choose not to use them, turn to 318.

    ____________________________________________

    Page 30: You whisper the words of the Brotherhood Spell Silence and instantly the thief's wailing cries cease to echo through the market. The shocked young man clutches at his throat and mouths vile curses at you but no sound emerges from his mouth.

    ‘Behold!’ you cry, in a loud and imperious tone. ‘The Gods have struck this thief dumb for uttering such falsehood 'gainst me!’

    Immediately the encircling crowd burst into laughter; they think that the two of you are street actors. One old woman is so amused that she congratulates the dumbstruck thief and then presses 1 Gold Crown into your hand in appreciation of your performance (you may keep this if you wish). The thief seizes this opportunity to escape and turns tail and flees across the square with the laughter of the crowd still echoing in his ears.

    Turn to 96.

    ____________________________________________

    Page 96: You walk to the south side of the market where it is less populated. Here, sandwiched between a warehouse and a storage shed, you discover a small lodging house. A sign in the window says that there are clean rooms available and so you enter to enquire about the price. You are greeted by a woman whose almond-shaped eyelids tell you that she is from Chai, a land far away in Southern Magnamund. She tells you that a room here for the night will cost you 3 Gold Crowns, a price which also includes a morning meal.

    If you possess 3 Gold Crowns, and wish to stay here for the night, turn to 183.

    If you do not, turn to 155.

    ____________________________________________

    Page 183: You pay the woman (deduct 3 Gold Crowns) and she hands you a key on which is stamped the number 4. Then she points to a corridor on the ground floor which leads to your room at the rear of the building. As you are about to insert the key into the lock, you hear a suspicious noise coming from inside your room. Silently you unsheathe your weapon, unlock the door, and then fling it wide open.

    Turn to 66.

    ____________________________________________

    Page 66: The door bangs open against the wall and a loud screech echoes from your room. This painfully sharp noise makes you raise your weapon defensively but, as you prepare to strike a blow, you suddenly see a startled cat come hurtling through the doorway. You smile to yourself and sheathe your weapon as you watch the terrified cat scurry along the corridor amidst a cloud of dust and loose fur.

    The room itself is shabby but clean. You take off your cloak and equipment, wash from a cracked porcelain bowl, and then sit down on the threadbare mattress which serves as a bed. Now your thoughts return to your mission, and while you are pondering what may yet lie in store for you on the road to Elzian, you open the satchel containing the Moonstone and bathe in the warm glow which radiates from this wondrous artefact.

    Suddenly there is a knock on your door. The sound gives you a start and quickly you buckle the satchel and stow it under the mattress.

    If you possess Telegnosis, and wish to use it, turn to 229.

    If you possess Grand Huntmastery, and wish to use it, turn to 339.

    If you possess neither of these skills, or if you choose not to use them, turn to 25.

    ____________________________________________

    Page 339: Your Kai Mastery reveals to you that there is only one person standing outside your room. You sense that this person is neither evil nor hostile, yet the fact that someone is there at all makes you feel a little uneasy. You reach for your weapon belt and put it on before you move cautiously to open the door.

    Turn to 116.

    ____________________________________________

    Page 116: You inch open the door and see a tall, lean, grey-haired old man standing outside in the corridor. He wears the silvery grey robes of a magician and his broad facial features are unmistakably Kakushian.

    ‘Forgive me for disturbing you at this hour,’ he says, politely, ‘but I felt compelled to make your acquaintance. My name is Rhous. I am journeyman to the Magicians' Guild of Nikesa. I sensed a power within this room and I thought, perhaps, that you might be a fellow student of sorcery. Am I correct?’

    Your Sixth Sense tells you that this old magician is genuine—he is who he claims to be. Your common sense tells you that he is also incredibly nosey!

    If you wish to tell him to go away and leave you alone, turn to 137.

    If you choose to talk with him further, turn to 310.

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Lone Wolf has a magician friend, We should too!

  • WubWub Registered User regular
    Magic bros for life!

    steam_sig.png
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    Page 310: You decline to answer his question directly for you do not wish to give him the impression that you are familiar with the ways of magic. Rather than reveal your true identity, or the reasons why you now find yourself in Bisutan, you simply say that you are a traveller who is on his way south.

    ‘Mmmm … ’ mutters the old man, clearly bemused, ‘perhaps, you have acquired something … magical … whilst on your travels? I am a collector of magical artefacts. In fact that is why I've come to Bisutan. If you have anything of an arcane nature I would be most keen to make you an offer of purchase.’

    If you possess an Iron Skull, a Kutyan Emerald, or a Siyen Crown, and you wish to sell one or more of these Special Items to the old magician, turn to 54.

    If you do not possess any of these items, or if you do not want to sell any of them, turn to 262.

    _____________________________________________________________________

    Page 262: Politely you decline his offer and bid him goodnight. The old magician apologizes once more for having disturbed you and, as you close and lock your door, you hear his footfalls fading as he walks away along the corridor.

    Before you settle down to sleep, unless you possess the Discipline of Grand Huntmastery, you must now eat a Meal or lose 3 ENDURANCE points.

    To continue, turn to 207.

    _____________________________________________________________________

    Page 207: You wake shortly after daybreak to the appetizing smell of boiled eggs and cured meat. This shortly turns out to be your breakfast which the landlady delivers personally to your room on a tray. Before she goes, you take the opportunity to ask her if she knows of any means of transport departing for Elzian today. She says that there is no regular transport to the Dessian capital, but she says that there is a merchant's caravan leaving today for Hikas.

    ‘It takes paying passengers,’ she says, ‘but you'd better hurry if you want to catch it. It leaves from Zakhan's Mount in less than an hour.’

    Quickly you finish your food and prepare to leave. Before you go, the landlady gives you directions to the Zakhan's Mount written on a scrap of parchment.

    To continue, turn to 77.

    _____________________________________________________________________

    Page 77: Following the landlady's written directions, you make your way through the streets of the city to a wide concourse which ascends to a knoll called Zakhan's Mount that overlooks the south gatehouse. Through the open gates you can see the mighty bridge which spans the lower fork of the River Khorda. Beyond lie the Bavari Hills shimmering in a heat haze, and towards the horizon are the Great Masourn Mountains which appear like a jagged purple frieze joined to the sky.

    Standing in line before the south gates is a caravan of wagons drawn by sturdy douggas, the sand horses of the Dry Main. Many wagons are piled high with merchants' goods destined for Bavari—a rich cargo watched over by a dozen armed outriders in the pay of the caravan's owners. You approach a line of trestle tables set up near the leading wagons where passengers may purchase a seat aboard the caravan for the three-day journey to Bavari. Chalked upon a slate is the price of the fare: 7 Gold Crowns.

    If you possess 7 Gold Crowns, turn to 253.

    If you do not possess 7 Gold Crowns, turn to 164.

    _____________________________________________________________________

    Page 253: You hand over 7 Gold Crowns (erase these from your Action Chart) to a young ticket seller and she paints a dot of indelible crimson ink upon the back of your right hand to indicate that you have paid your fare. Displayed upon adjoining tables are dried foodstuffs and other provisions for the journey. You may buy some of this food if you wish, at a cost of 2 Gold Crowns per Meal.

    A few minutes later an outrider comes cantering down the line of parked wagons announcing to everyone that the caravan will depart in five minutes' time. With mixed feelings of trepidation and excitement, you take a seat aboard one of the spacious passenger wagons and make yourself as comfortable as you can for the long journey ahead.

    Turn to 180.

    _____________________________________________________________________

    Page 180: Young city children wave and cheer as the caravan trundles out of Bisutan. Soon you cross the great southern bridge, and when you look down at the sparkling blue waters of the Khorda, you see there a flotilla of tiny fishing craft plying their trade. For the first hour of the journey you content yourself with the view and watch the lush scenery and picturesque villages of the river basin pass before your eyes. However, when the caravan enters the Bavari Hills this pleasant landscape soon gives way to a more mundane vista—a seemingly endless sea of barren mounds and arid rocky outcrops.

    After a while your attention turns to the other passengers. They are a cheerful group of Vassagonians who are returning to their homes in Bavari after family visits and business in Bisutan. You pass the time exchanging stories and playing cards. You learn that this caravan is regularly used by the merchants of Bavari and Hikas. They prefer to transport their wares by road rather than risk the sea voyage through the Bay of Sharks. Contrary to its name, you hear that there are no longer any sharks in this bay; they migrated to southern waters many centuries ago. One of the passengers jokingly suggests that the reason they left was because of the pirates. The bay is a notorious haunt of buccaneer fleets and renegade privateers.

    The surrounding country may be bleak and barren to the eye, but the road is good and the territory is safe. The merchants have established armed outposts every 20 miles which help to deter bandits from raiding the caravans en route. The first night is spent at an outpost and the second night a camp is struck at an oasis where the road is joined by a track. This neglected track traverses the mountains and leads to the Great Masourn Trail, an ancient trade route. Many of your fellow travellers have been looking forward to arriving at the oasis, for it allows them the chance to visit Temujun the Sage—the famous soothsayer of the Dry Main, and when the caravan arrives there, they hurriedly disembark. You watch with fascination as half of your wagon's passengers scurry towards Temujun's tent, which is pitched at the edge of a shimmering pool, whilst the other half gather about a blazing campfire and share their food while they enjoy a performance given by a troupe of actors.

    ill11.png

    If you wish to visit Temujun the Sage, turn to 282.

    If you wish to go to the campfire and watch the actors, turn to 40.

    If you prefer to stay aboard the empty passenger wagon, turn to 185.

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    His name isn't Sarda, so it should be okay to visit the sage.

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    His name isn't Sarda, so it should be okay to visit the sage.
    Seems like a plan.

  • HykuHyku Registered User regular
    To the Temple!

    Its time we start rooting for some magic items as it appears we may have missed 3!!!!11! already!

  • WubWub Registered User regular
    Let's see what this Temujun guy is all about.

    steam_sig.png
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Hyku wrote:
    To the Temple!

    Its time we start rooting for some magic items as it appears we may have missed 3!!!!11! already!
    I'm pretty sure we missed the Siyen Crown by investigating the wrong part of that boat we swam to. Not sure about the other ones.

    Visit the Sage.

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote:
    Hyku wrote:
    To the Temple!

    Its time we start rooting for some magic items as it appears we may have missed 3!!!!11! already!
    I'm pretty sure we missed the Siyen Crown by investigating the wrong part of that boat we swam to. Not sure about the other ones.

    Visit the Sage.

    It's ok, not like y'all would have sold magic items to some nosy wizard anyway :P

    Bonus Friday Update!

    Page 282: From the reverent way the passengers spoke about Temujun during the journey, you are expecting him to be either a very wise old cleric or a gifted charlatan. You take your place in line with the others who are queueing to enter his tent and idly you listen to their excited chatter. While you wait, a young boy clad in a mhaktis of striped silk walks along the line collecting Temujun's fee. For five minutes' consultation with the learned sage, the charge is 2 Gold Crowns.

    If you wish to pay the fee, turn to 140.


    If you cannot afford the charge, or if you choose not to pay it, turn instead to 234.

    Assumed yes given the last vote

    ______________________________________________________

    Page 140: An hour passes before your turn comes to enter Temujun's tent. Awaiting you inside is an old man swathed in a silk robe. He wears a jewel-encrusted collar and a large blue turban that is wrapped impeccably around his frail head. He is seated cross-legged on a mound of pillows and he cradles a sphere of rose-coloured crystal in his lap.

    Without once looking up from his crystal sphere he tells you to sit opposite him and place any weapons you may be carrying on the floor beside you. When you comply with his wishes he closes his eyes and begins to concentrate. A few moments later he opens them and stares at your satchel with a look of shocked surprise; you sense at once that he has detected the presence of the Moonstone. The frail old man begins to shake and beads of sweat trickle down his wrinkled face. For a moment his eyes widen and then he faints and falls backwards among his pillows.

    If you wish to attempt to revive the old man, turn to 102.

    If you choose instead to pick up your weapons and leave the tent, turn to 149.

    Also assumed yes knowing you lot. Let me know if you object.

    ______________________________________________________

    Page 102: You use your Kai healing skills to revive the old man and calm his trembling limbs. Then you help him to sit up and, when he has regained his composure, he looks into your eyes and says:

    ‘You are one of the Kai, yes?’ You nod your head and a smile deepens the wrinkles around his mouth. ‘You possess a stone of power … a legendary stone?’ This time you hesitate, but you sense that it is a rhetorical question: the old man already knows the answer. Briefly he searches among his pillows and retrieves a leather-bound tube. He flips open one end of the tube and tips a plain-looking ring into the palm of his hand. It seems to be crafted from petrified wood.

    ‘Take this, Kai Lord,’ he says, and proffers you the ring. ‘It will keep you safe on your long journey. That which you seek to return must be delivered.’

    You take the ring and place it in the pocket of your tunic (record Temujun's Ring as a Special Item on your Action Chart). The old man smiles once more and, although no words are exchanged, you sense that he is deeply satisfied to be able to assist your vital mission.

    You thank him and leave his tent. Once outside, you walk down to the edge of the oasis to bathe your face and drink the warm, fresh water. The yellow flames of the campfire are glimmering on its surface and you pause to consider joining the travellers who are seated around it, enjoying the show.

    If you decide to go to the campfire, turn to 40.

    If you choose to retire to the empty carriage and get some sleep, turn instead to 290.

    Kind of a lame choice but I'm pressed for time and I don't want to make too many assumptions. Stay in or go out?

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • HykuHyku Registered User regular
    The campfire!

    The ring a good start at a magical collection of awesomeness, lets see if we can add to that total!

    Besides sleep is for the weak...


  • WubWub Registered User regular
    Why sleep when we can party?

    steam_sig.png
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    The actors should still be at the campfire.

  • TagTag Registered User regular
    You seat yourself near the crackling campfire and one of your fellow passengers offers you a piece of fruit which you gratefully accept. The troupe are gifted acrobats and jugglers and the performances they give are very entertaining. During their act the leader of the troupe climbs upon a large barrel and challenges the audience to answer a riddle:

    I've put the riddle in the spoiler below. Time yourself and include your spoiled answer in today's vote. Because it's pretty simple and the correctness or incorrectness both lead to the same result, I'm assuming we'll pass the riddle, but I'll only give us the gold if we have some correct answers

    The leader is sure that nobody will answer his riddle correctly. He is so sure that he offers 10 Gold Crowns to anyone who can give him the correct answer in less than thirty seconds.

    If you would like to accept this challenge, use the second hand of a clock or a wristwatch to time yourself while you work out the answer. If you complete the riddle in 30 seconds or less, turn to the section number that is the same as your answer.

    If you run out of time, or if you choose not to answer the riddle, turn instead to 241.

    30 Second Riddle:
    ‘An old, one-legged farmer, his wife, his dog, his horse, and his cows, have 103 legs between them. How many cows does the old farmer have?’

    ___________________________________________________________________

    Page REDACTED: The leader of the troupe says nothing, yet the crestfallen look on his face is enough to tell you that you have answered his riddle correctly.8 Your fellow passengers cheer and applaud your display of mental dexterity as you walk to the barrel to collect your prize of 10 Gold Crowns. (If you already possess the maximum number of Gold Crowns permissible, you share the coins out generously among those passengers who are travelling in your carriage.)

    The show continues, but you are feeling tired and so you return to the empty passenger wagon. Before you pull your cloak around yourself and settle down to sleep, you must now eat a Meal or lose 3 ENDURANCE points (unless you possess the Discipline of Grand Huntmastery).

    To continue, turn to 290.

    ___________________________________________________________________

    Page 290: You are woken early the following morning by the motion of the carriage. As you rub your eyes and stretch your aching limbs, your fellow passengers tell you that the caravan has been on the move for more than an hour. They are eating a breakfast of bread and fruit which they generously offer to share with you.

    It is almost noon when the stone town of Bavari looms into view. Most of its sun-bleached shops and houses are contained within a wall of uncemented stone blocks which rise to twice the height of a horse. The road approaches a heavy wooden gate, banded and studded with iron, which is flanked by circular guard towers. Perforating the walls are slits for archers and openings for larger machines of war.

    The procession of wagons passes through the gate and comes to a halt in the middle of Bavari. As you disembark you sense an air of excitement pervading this town. You overhear the other passengers talking and you learn that today is the third day of the Bavarian gladiatorial circus—an annual event which attracts the finest warriors of Vassagonia to come here and compete with each other in armed combat. Great wealth and status are the rewards for those who triumph; disgrace and sometimes death await those who fail.

    You are curious to see this great event and so you follow a group of passengers to Bavari's arena where the gladiatorial circus is being staged. Entrance to the arena is free and you take a seat on one of the many stone tiers that encircle its oval-shaped fighting area. Throughout the afternoon several combats are staged between warriors on foot and on horseback. The heat of the desert sun is unrelenting, and by late afternoon you are feeling parched. During a lull in the contests, you hear the tinkling sound of running water and you decide to seek out its source. You descend to the edge of the fighting area and enter a tunnel which passes beneath the tiers of seats. Halfway along this cool tunnel is an open door set into the whitewashed wall. Through the doorway you see a bronze fountain standing in the middle of an empty room. It is richly embellished with engravings which depict ancient gladiatorial contests, and a stream of sparkling water issues upwards from a nozzle at its centre, inviting you to drink.

    You are desperate to slake your thirst and so you enter the room and stoop over the fountain. You are swallowing the deliciously cool water when suddenly you sense someone rushing at you from behind.

    If you wish to turn around quickly and face the person who is rushing towards you, turn to 223.

    If you choose to draw your weapon before you turn around, in case you should have to defend yourself from a surprise attack, turn to 45.

    They both lead to the same place

    ___________________________________________________________________

    Page 45: Your weapon is clasped firmly in your fist when you turn around and find yourself staring into the face of a tall and powerfully built Vassagonian warrior. His eyes are glowing with maniacal anger as he comes rushing towards you with his hands outstretched, as if his intention is to strangle you. Before you can utter a sound, he slams into your chest and impales himself on your weapon.

    With a yelp of pain he pulls away and turns towards the open doorway. He takes three faltering steps and then collapses and lies motionless upon the tiled floor.

    Turn to 175.

    ___________________________________________________________________

    Page 175: Suddenly six burly gladiators come rushing into the room with their swords drawn.

    ‘How dare you enter the Chamber of the Font!’ screams one scar-faced fighter.

    ‘It is forbidden!’ shouts another. ‘Only gladiators of Vassa lineage may enter here and drink the holy waters!’

    There is further outrage when they see your attacker lying on the floor. The scar-faced fighter kneels and places a hand to the man's neck, and then he glares at you and screams: ‘He's dead! You've killed Malduz!’

    ‘We'll see you pay for this,’ shouts another, and slowly the angry men advance into the room with murder blazing in their eyes.

    Desperately you look around for a means to escape, but the doorway offers the only way of leaving the room. You are about to rush at the advancing gladiators and fight your way through them, when suddenly you see something that stops you dead in your tracks.

    Turn to 91.

    ___________________________________________________________________

    Page 91: A dozen arena guards rush into the room and elbow their way through the gladiators' advancing ranks. They are armed with Bor muskets which they level at your head and chest. These primitive firearms are wildly inaccurate at ranges where a bow can be precise and deadly, but they are devastating when used at close quarters. Reluctantly you sheathe your weapon and raise your hands in surrender for to attempt an escape now is futile.

    The gladiators surround you swiftly and drag you out of the room. You are manhandled roughly along the tunnel and brought before a distinguished-looking man who is clad in fine white linen and jewel-encrusted armour. He is Torvax, the owner of the dead warrior-slave Malduz. The news that his finest gladiator is dead sends him into a blind fury. Malduz was to fight at dusk in the final combat of the circus. Now Torvax stands to lose the winner's purse of 1,000 Gold Crowns. In his rage he orders that you be executed at dusk before the entire arena. The situation is looking hopeless until, as you are being dragged away, you offer to fight for Torvax in Malduz's place.

    ill6.png

    Pick a number from the Random Number Table. If your current ENDURANCE score is 20 or higher, add 2 to the number you have picked. If your ENDURANCE is 8 or lower, deduct 2 from the number you have picked.

    If your total score is now 3 or lower, turn to 304.

    If it is 4 or higher, turn to 193.

    We got a 7 anyway.

    ___________________________________________________________________

    Page 193: Torvax commands the guardsmen to wait. Then he swaggers over to where you lie and he looks down at you with a thoughtful expression fixed upon his lordly face. His eyes glitter darkly.

    ‘You lack weight … I like my fighters to have weight of muscle,’ he sneers, ‘but you have strength of spirit. I have seen gladiators who could lift an ox with their bare hands defeated in the arena by puny men with fire in their souls. Perhaps you have fire in your soul, Northlander? Fire enough to win for me the victor's purse?’

    Torvax signals to the guardsmen and they pull you to your feet. ‘Very well, you fight for me at dusk. You will fight Dromodon the Invincible and you will win.’

    ‘And if I lose?’ you say, barely daring to ask the question.

    ‘Then you die, Northlander. The final combat of the circus is always to the death!’

    Turn to 82.

    ___________________________________________________________________

    Page 82: The guardsmen take you away to a dingy cell below the arena where you are kept until the time comes for you to meet your opponent. You are allowed to keep your weapons, including your Kai Weapon, but you are warned that the use of sorcery within the gladiatorial arena is strictly forbidden. Torvax despises magic and any breach of this rule will result in immediate execution. (The contest is restricted to hand weapons only; if you possess a Bow it is now confiscated and you must delete it from your Action Chart.)

    Within the hour the guardsmen return: it is time for you to meet your adversary. As you are led from your cell and escorted along the tunnel, you can hear the crowd above roaring with excitement. Then, as you step into the fading sunlight, you hear gasps of astonishment from some quarters. They come from your fellow travellers who cannot believe that it is you, the friendly Northlander, who is to fight Dromodon the Invincible to the death. The guardsmen march you to the centre of the arena and leave you standing there alone under the watchful gaze of the expectant crowd. Minutes later, the crowd erupts when Dromodon emerges from the tunnel.

    Turn to 50.

    Book does just not want us to have a bow.

    ___________________________________________________________________

    Page 50: Dromodon strides into the arena with his arms flung wide to receive the frenzied adulation of the crowd. He is a magnificent lion of a man, with broad shoulders and a mighty chest that ripples with bronzed muscle. His grim face is stern and majestic beneath a mane of wild black hair, and he moves with the confidence and grace of a huge, predatory animal. At first he appears to be the very embodiment of gladiatorial perfection, and you regret that you should have to fight this heroic warrior to the death. But your regrets soon evaporate when you look into his eyes, for you see revealed there his true nature. Beneath the façade of his heroic exterior lurks a soul filled with evil. Your senses tell you that he is a secret worshipper of Naar. The Dark God has given him many rewards—his strength and his status—and in return Dromodon has consigned hundreds of noble souls to an eternity of slavery in the thrall of Naar. Now you see him for what he really is—a ruthless murderer, a heartless killing machine—and all empathy with him as a fellow warrior is lost. This will be a fight to the death and you must fight to win!

    ill3.png

    Dromodon: COMBAT SKILL 44 ENDURANCE 39

    This enemy is immune to all forms of psychic attack.

    If you win the combat, turn to 268.

    Combat Ratio: 31 +5(Kaistar) - 44(Enemy) = -8 D:

    Endurance = 26
    Time to dope up: Potion of Alether: increases COMBAT SKILL by 2. Combat ratio now -6

    Your Random Number is: 9
    Your Enemy took 8 damage -
    and now has 31 Endurance Points.
    Stormheart took 0 damage -
    and now has 26 Endurance Points.

    Your Random Number is: 6
    Your Enemy took 5 damage -
    and now has 26 Endurance Points.
    Stormheart took 4 damage -
    and now has 22 Endurance Points.

    Your Random Number is: 6
    Your Enemy took 5 damage -
    and now has 21 Endurance Points.
    Stormheart took 4 damage -
    and now has 18 Endurance Points.

    Your Random Number is: 8
    Your Enemy took 8 damage -
    and now has 13 Endurance Points.
    Stormheart took 0 damage -
    and now has 18 Endurance Points.

    Your Random Number is: 3
    Your Enemy took 2 damage -
    and now has 11 Endurance Points.
    Stormheart took 5 damage -
    and now has 13 Endurance Points.

    Your Random Number is: 9
    Your Enemy took 8 damage -
    and now has 3 Endurance Points.
    Stormheart took 0 damage -
    and now has 13 Endurance Points.

    Your Random Number is: 1
    Your Enemy took 0 damage -
    and now has 3 Endurance Points.
    Stormheart took 6 damage -
    and now has 7 Endurance Points.

    The combat lasted 8 round(s).
    Stormheart took 16 total damage -
    and now has 2 Endurance Points.

    That was a close one.

    ___________________________________________________________________

    Page 268: The crowd roars with excitement the moment you strike your killing blow. Dromodon staggers back, blood trickling freely from his mouth, and he spits a curse with his dying breath before crashing to the sand. The crowd erupts with wild elation and the guardsmen are hard pressed to keep them from rushing headlong into the arena. Dromodon's corpse is dragged unceremoniously away and, amidst the screams and cheers, you are ushered before Torvax. He praises you for your fighting skill and bravery and he offers you the post of principal of his gladiator school in Ferufezan. Politely you decline. It is customary for the winner of the final combat of the circus to be granted one request, and you ask that you may be allowed to go free. Torvax nods in agreement. He is grieved by the loss of his warrior-slave Malduz, but he does not hold you responsible for his death.

    Before he instructs his men to escort you to the gates of the arena and let you go free, he hands you a silk pouch containing 20 Gold Crowns. (If you had a Bow confiscated before the combat with Dromodon, this is returned to you on your way out of the arena.)

    To continue, turn to 128.

    ___________________________________________________________________

    Page 128: The moment you set foot into the streets outside the arena you are mobbed by a crowd of excited citizens. To avoid them you are forced to flee into a maze of alleys and eventually you lose them in the town's east quarter. Night is fast approaching and you sense that it will be completely dark within the hour. As you walk along a cobbled street towards the town's east gate, you glance into the front windows of shops and emporia that are still open for business here despite the lateness of the hour.

    If you wish to enter the Herbalist's shop, turn to 324.

    If you wish to enter the Silversmith's shop, turn to 151.

    If you wish to enter Agemo's Emporium, turn to 62.

    If you choose to ignore these shops, you may continue walking along this street by turning to 17.

    A chance to resupply, where to folks?

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    I'm considering the herbalist's shop, but there's one thing I'm wondering: If we get through this book without using Herbalism, what will happen to the skill?

  • TagTag Registered User regular
    I'm considering the herbalist's shop, but there's one thing I'm wondering: If we get through this book without using Herbalism, what will happen to the skill?

    I've been worrying about that. I'm thinking of just locking it in since no one has mounted any object to it in weeks. If people would like to Mulligan on it, I wouldn't be opposed.

    Tell you what, I'll leave it open until the usual weekend break and if there is not movement to vote for one of our other skills, I will lock it in on the first update of next week*.

    *Fair notice, I will be on vacation next week so my regular access to a computer is not guaranteed.

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    How about a Mulligan if it doesn't get locked in at the end of the book. I know I've got a good alternative in mind.

    But back to the story, let's go to the Emporium.

  • HykuHyku Registered User regular
    Emporium!

    Although that score of 2 HP is scary, we must not be lax in our hunt for MAGIC!

  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Take some of that healing potion we bought earlier and also visit the Herbalist.

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • WubWub Registered User regular
    Thirding the hunt for more magic. To the emporium!

    steam_sig.png
Sign In or Register to comment.