As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play Lone Wolf: Book 22, Mydnight's Hero. We need Grand Master Dicipline: Spelling.

1181921232428

Posts

  • pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Neaden wrote:
    Convince him with the argument we have psychic powers and he doesn't.

    Forgot about the new power - let's go Elementalism.

    pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

    3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • WubWub Registered User regular
    Let's use the Jedi Kai Mind Trick.

    steam_sig.png
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    BTW guys, don't forget to vote on the new power if you haven't done so already. It's currently a tie between Kai-Screen and Elementalism at two votes each.

  • LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    Elementalism does sound rather fancy.

    Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • ConnoQuicksilverConnoQuicksilver Current blackout status: Mass Effect 3, Batman: AC Athens. GreeceRegistered User regular
    Ooh ooh! Can I vote too? (long time lurker in this thread, takes me waaaay back...)
    We already saw what Kai-screen can do in the old series, let's give Elementalism a chance!

  • TagTag Registered User regular
    Hey guys! I'm back from the most random of holidays... Columbus Day.

    Looks like our powers will be

    Grand Weapon Master: Sword and Bow (mulligan'd)
    Elementalism

    Page 84: The Captain complies with your powerful psychic suggestions and, without really knowing why, he orders his helmsman to steer towards the distant speck in the sea. As you draw closer, you see that the man is lying unconscious upon a raft made of coiled ropes and smashed timbers. A crewman brings him aboard and together you carry him to your cabin where you wrap him in a blanket and use your Kai healing skills to bring him back to consciousness.

    small8.png

    As slowly the man recovers his senses, you learn that his name is Gregor Luggs. He is a Lourdenian sailor and sole survivor of a pirate attack which destroyed his ship and killed all of his fellow crewmen three days ago.

    ‘It was the Shadakine who done it,’ he says, trembling with anger. ‘They came upon us at night. Out o'the dark with not a deck light showin'. After they'd took all o'the cargo, they turned their cannons on us. We didn't stand a chance.’

    Gregor thanks you repeatedly for saving his life. Another few hours and he would have died of exposure. As a mark of his gratitude he gives you an ornate Silver Clasp (record this on your Action Chart as a Special Item which you keep in your tunic pocket) and he insists that he pay you for allowing him to share your cabin and food. He takes 10 Gold Crowns from his belt pouch and offers them to you (if you decide to accept them, remember to adjust your Action Chart accordingly).

    To continue, turn to 339.

    Let me know if you want to keep the gold

    ___________________________________________

    Page 339: Fair weather returns and The Azan makes good speed as it crosses the jade-green waters of the Gulf of Tentarium. It is shortly before noon of the following day when the first glimpse of Zharloum is sighted by the lookout, and less than an hour later you find yourself sailing into the harbour of this grand city. Emerald pennants flutter from its towers and the roofs of its sun-bleached houses, and crowds of industrious citizens throng its paved avenues and alleyways. This old Shadakine port has a long history of free and fair trading. It is many miles from the cities of Shadakine political power which lie to the south, and due to this fortunate fact it has been spared much of the damage inflicted upon this troubled land by a succession of ruthless and tyrannical rulers.

    The ship enters and docks at the harbour wall, close to the jetty of a warehouse which contains the iron and copper ingots that it will carry to Suhn. As the crew begin the task of loading the cargo aboard, you agree to help Gregor find the Lourdenian Consulate so that he may report the attack upon his ship, and seek their help in returning home.

    Together you disembark from The Azan and follow a cobblestoned road which leads out of the harbour and into the heart of the city. When asked for directions, a helpful trader tells Gregor that the Lourdenian Consulate building lies at the far end of this busy main street. He gives the smiling man a Gold Crown and then you continue your way along this crowded thoroughfare. Gregor wishes to reach his Consulate but he is in no great hurry. He suggests that perhaps you and he could first pay a visit to one of the many colourful inns or famous emporia which line this teeming main street.

    If you wish to visit the Zharloum Herb Emporium, turn to 61.

    If you would like to visit the Lucky Horse Inn, turn to 252.

    If you prefer not to visit either of these famous establishments, you can continue along the main street by turning to 168.

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Yay, less getting our asses kicked in combat!

    Also, there's no room for more money in our pouch. Let's fix that with a trip to the Herb Emporium.

  • HykuHyku Registered User regular
    Yay, less getting our asses kicked in combat!

    Also, there's no room for more money in our pouch. Let's fix that with a trip to the Herb Emporium.

    Sounds like fun to me!

  • TagTag Registered User regular
    I figured as much, so bonus update.

    Page 61: You enter this imposing herbalist's shop and stare in awe at the thousands of stoppered jars that line its wooden shelves and counters. They contain all manner of rare liquids, powders, roots, and tinctures, most with foreign names that are unfamiliar. You scour the jars and find only two that contain herbs from Sommerlund with which you are very familiar.

    Potion of Laumspur: restores 4 ENDURANCE points when swallowed after combat.
    Potion of Alether: increases COMBAT SKILL by 2 when swallowed before combat.

    small3.png

    Each of these potions costs 3 Nobles (1 Noble = 1 Gold Crown). If you wish to purchase one or both of them, adjust your Action Chart accordingly.

    To leave the emporium and continue along the main street, turn to 168.

    Heh, herbology didn't even come into play here

    __________________________________

    Page 168: At length you arrive at the Lourdenian Consulate where a guard at the gate allows you both to enter and wait in its cool, tree-shaded courtyard. A few minutes later you are met by the consul's assistant, a rotund little official called Cheary. He is shocked to hear of the pirate attack, and he urges Gregor to accompany him inside the consulate to make a full written report. He says that it could take several hours, possibly even a day or two, and so you decide that now is a good time to say farewell to your companion. Before you go, Gregor offers you his heartfelt thanks for all you have done for him, and he hopes that one day soon your paths will cross again.

    ‘If you should ever visit Pforodon,’ he says, ‘stop by the Singing Lamb Tavern on Spike Street. If I'm not there, the landlord will know where you can find me.’

    You wish Gregor a safe journey home, and then you leave the consulate and make your way back along the main street to the harbour. The heat and dust of the afternoon are making you thirsty and so you stop to drink from a freshwater fountain set into the wall of a crumbling old temple. The hustle and noise of the street crowd is becoming oppressive and you yearn to find somewhere quiet where you can rest before you return to the ship. Looking around, you notice two places which promise some respite. The first is a public park which stands upon a cliff that looms above the city to the east of the harbour wall. The second is a narrow, deserted alley that wends its way into the city's Old Quarter.

    If you wish to visit the park, turn to 291.

    If you choose to explore the city's Old Quarter, turn to 126.

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • WubWub Registered User regular
    Let's buy both potions and visit the park.

    steam_sig.png
  • HykuHyku Registered User regular
    buy both potions and visit the park! Nothing evil happens in the park :)

  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Hyku wrote:
    buy both potions and visit the park! Nothing evil happens in the park :)

    Uhhh...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY

    Buy the potions, but since I peeked ahead on this choice I'll sit this one out.

  • TagTag Registered User regular
    Ooh votes!

    Potions bought.

    Page 291: You climb a steep path which ascends to the cliff-top park, and when you arrive there you are rewarded by a spectacular view of the Gulf of Tentarium and the city streets below. The park is empty of people, except for a small group of men who are gathered around the remains of a stone statue which lies broken and overgrown with weeds. A plaque attached to the shattered base declares that it was once a likeness of Shasarak, the Wytch-king of Shadaki. He was an infamous necromancer who inflicted a reign of terror upon this land until finally he was defeated and his empire destroyed in the year MS 5057.

    As you move nearer you see that the group is listening to the rantings of a bald man who is attired in grimy, tattered grey robes. His wild eyes roll in his cadaverous face as he tries to persuade his listeners to join with him in the overthrow of the city's ruling council. Between rantings, he offers them food from a large wooden bowl.

    ill17.png

    If you possess the Grand Master Discipline of Herbmastery, turn to 212.

    If you do not possess this skill, turn to 334.


    Ahahahaha

    ___________________________________________________________

    Page 334: The bald man invites you to come and join the group and he offers you some food from his bowl. The food looks very appetising but your Kai senses warn you to be on your guard. You are suspicious of his true motives.

    If you choose to accept his offer of food, turn to 40.

    If you decide to reject his offer, turn to 237.


    Crazy old man offering food? What could go wrong?

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • WubWub Registered User regular
    Looks delicious.

    steam_sig.png
  • ConnoQuicksilverConnoQuicksilver Current blackout status: Mass Effect 3, Batman: AC Athens. GreeceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I bet that food has 'shrooms in it! They're, like, awesome, maaaaan!

    ConnoQuicksilver on
  • HykuHyku Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Avoid the Hippy Mush! We must set an example for all the other park people, being a paragon of virtue and all.

    The fact that he is handing it out under a statue of giant feet crushing people might also be a bad sign...

    Hyku on
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Doesn't help that Shasarak was the Big Bad of the Grey Star series.

  • TagTag Registered User regular
    I'm reading MitM's vote as against, which means we're at a tie between the brave and the high :P

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Actually, I'm sitting this one out as well.

  • pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    Let's eat it.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Lets reject it and get in a fight

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    Ah, with MitM sitting out, that puts us in favor of eating the food.

    Page 40: You swallow a mouthful of the food and, to your surprise, it tastes remarkably good. Yet after a few moments you suddenly sense that something is seriously wrong. You begin to feel faint and light-headed, and you are having difficulty focusing clearly.

    Automatically your Magnakai Discipline of Nexus works to counteract the powerful narcotic that has been added to the food. It induces you to vomit (lose 2 ENDURANCE points), and then it swiftly neutralizes the remaining toxins from your blood. The bald man realises from your reaction to his drugged food that you are a follower of the God Kai. He shrieks with rage and curses you in a vile language that you do not recognise. Even so, the mere sound of his curses sends a shiver of dread coursing down your spine, like a trickle of icy-cold water. He denounces you to the others as an agent of the City Council sent to spy on their meeting, and he orders them to attack and slay you. The men react slowly to his frantic commands. It is as if they are struggling to awaken from a deep sleep. You have no wish to fight these men and so you turn and run towards the park entrance to escape from them. As you reach the open gate, you glance over your shoulder to see that the bald man is preparing to hurl a dagger at your back.

    Pick a number from the Random Number Table. If you possess the Disciplines of Grand Huntmastery and Grand Nexus, add 3 to the number you have picked.

    If your total score is now 5 or less, turn to 241.

    If it is 6 or higher, turn to 135.

    We rolled an 8.

    ________________________________________________

    Page 135: You hurl yourself to one side to avoid being hit, but the blade has been cursed by evil magic. It swerves in mid-air and strikes you just above the left elbow. It rips your tunic and grazes your flesh: lose 1 ENDURANCE point.

    To continue, turn to 77.

    ________________________________________________

    Page 77: Clutching at your wound, you hurry out of the park and descend the steep path which leads down to the harbour below. When you are sure that you have not been followed, you pause to use your Magnakai skills to heal your injury and check any poison that may have tainted the blade of the cursed dagger. Dusk is approaching by the time you reach The Azan, and when you go aboard you discover that the cargo has been fully loaded.

    Captain Jenkshi is pleased with his crew and feels they deserve some reward for all their hard work. Half of his men would like to spend the night ashore at the Three Capstans Inn, one of their favourite taverns. The tavern-keeper delivered some fresh food to the ship during the afternoon, and he promised a free flagon of ale to any crew member who paid him a visit this evening. The Captain gives his permission, but on one condition—all those who wish to go ashore this evening must be back on board before dawn breaks tomorrow.

    ‘We sail on the dawn tide,’ he bellows, ‘so don't expect to find us still here if y'roll up late.’

    If you wish to go ashore and visit the Three Capstans Inn, turn to 144.

    If you decide to stay aboard with the Captain and the remaining crew members, turn to 288.

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • HykuHyku Registered User regular
    Stay aboard! Sounds like a wonderful time to bond and relax, give our elbow scratch some time to heal...

    Also... Free Ale to anyone willing to get off the boat, doesn't sound like they want to steal our boat at all!

  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    To the Inn!

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    To the Inn!

    Agreed.

  • WubWub Registered User regular
    Let's stay aboard and get chummy with the Captain.

    steam_sig.png
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    Tie game folks, someone break it :P

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Stay Aboard

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote:
    Stay Aboard

    steam_sig.png

    3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • ConnoQuicksilverConnoQuicksilver Current blackout status: Mass Effect 3, Batman: AC Athens. GreeceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Automatically your Magnakai Discipline of Nexus works to counteract the powerful narcotic that has been added to the food.

    Dammit, what good is it being a Kai Master if our own body doesn't let us be trippin' balls once in a while?
    On the other hand, this probably means we can go to the inn and chug down a dozen "flagons" with no ill effect!
    How much beer is a "flagon" exactly?

    ConnoQuicksilver on
  • HykuHyku Registered User regular
    Automatically your Magnakai Discipline of Nexus works to counteract the powerful narcotic that has been added to the food.

    Dammit, what good is it being a Kai Master if our own body doesn't let us be trippin' balls once in a while?
    On the other hand, this probably means we can go to the inn and chug down a dozen "flagons" with no ill effect!
    How much beer is a "flagon" exactly?
    About 30 drams or a good quaffings worth. :)

  • TagTag Registered User regular
    Stay Aboard it is!

    Page 288: Captain Jenkshi posts some crew members to guard the gangplank and cargo hold, and then he adjourns to the mess room where he shares his evening meal and a bottle of Bautarian brandy with yourself and the remainder of his men. After supper, you enjoy a game of Samor before you retire to your cabin to sleep.

    Turn to 35.

    _________________________________________

    Page 35: ou awake early the following morning, just as the pre-dawn light is brightening the night sky. Captain Jenkshi and his crew have also risen early to ensure that The Azan is the first ship to leave Zharloum this morning. Shortly before dawn they weigh anchor and turn the ship about, and by the time the sun crests the horizon, you are already more than a mile away from Zharloum harbour, riding the morning tide ahead of a bracing westerly wind. Jenkshi tells you that the next port of call will be the city-state of Ghol-Tabras where you will dock in four days' time to take on supplies of fresh water.

    The first day out of Zharloum passes without incident. Then, around noon of the second day, the ship heads south as it leaves the Tentarium and enters the Gulf of Ralzuha. You are sitting on the foredeck, enjoying the sun and the splendid views of the rugged isles and coastline, when suddenly you notice something in the distance that makes your pulse race. You magnify your vision and see that it is a plume of smoke. It is rising from the hull of a burning ship located close to a cluster of rocky islets. As The Azan draws closer, you are able to see that a flag is hanging from a broken masthead which lies draped over the vessel's smouldering stern. It is a green flag with scarlet edging, surmounted by a large silver fish. The sight of this flag makes you swallow hard for it is identical to the flag that flies from the mast of The Azan. It is the flag of a Suhnese trader.

    ill2.png

    When Captain Jenkshi and his men first see this flag for themselves, they become very anxious about what may have happened to the crew of this stricken vessel. Many of them have fathers, sons, and brothers who work Suhnese ships in these waters. They urge the Captain to search for survivors and he grants his consent readily.

    ‘Steer towards the wreck, Tolshi,’ he says, ordering his helmsman to change course, ‘and I want all other hands on deck immediately. Everyone is on lookout duty.’

    If you possess the Grand Master Discipline of Telegnosis, turn to 111.

    If you do not possess this skill, turn to 195.

    _________________________________________

    Page 195: Your Kai senses scream a warning that you are in great danger as you draw steadily closer to the burning wreck. You tell Jenkshi, but he is greatly sceptical of your seamanship and he ignores your advice. He is more concerned about finding survivors than listening to your vague warnings of danger. Unfortunately, he soon has cause to regret his decision when suddenly a Shadakine man o'war breaks cover from between two rocky islets and comes surging towards The Azan. Jenkshi immediately orders his crew to unfurl every last inch of canvas and take evasive action, but the wind is now beginning to change and this greatly hampers them as they struggle to carry out his orders.

    You magnify your vision and scour the prow and foredecks of the approaching ship. It is dressed with the scarlet sails of a Shadaki buccaneer vessel and it is sitting very low in the water. You hazard a guess that it must be fully laden with booty stolen from the hold of the burning trader. With the wind going against him, Jenkshi takes a calculated gamble. He orders his helmsman to steer towards a narrow channel between two nearby islets. He is hoping that his lighter craft will be able to pass through the shallows here and gain precious time while the heavier enemy ship will be forced to go around the isles to avoid running aground. It is a bold manoeuvre, and one that is made all the more dangerous when the enemy captain suddenly turns his vessel and runs it parallel to The Azan. To your horror you see that the Shadakine man o'war is armed with deck cannons. As it gains on your ship you see clouds of white smoke and flame erupt all along its hull. Then, seconds later, you hear the rumbling roar of its cannons, followed closely by the terrifying shriek of its deadly ball and chain shot as it comes hurtling through the air towards your vulnerable ship.

    small4.png

    Pick a number from the Random Number Table.

    If the number you have picked is 0–3, turn to 218.

    If it is 4–9, turn to 91.

    We rolled a 1 D:

    _________________________________________

    page 218: You throw yourself to the deck and take cover behind the wooden parapet of the prow as the enemy's shot rips into the sails and rigging. Shredded canvas and splintered timbers fall about your ears, yet you survive this ferocious bombardment without sustaining the slightest injury. Bravely Captain Jenkshi takes over the helm and steers his battered ship relentlessly towards the channel. You see him cursing the enemy captain and shaking his fist defiantly at the villainous Shadakine gunners as their cannonballs whistle across the decks of The Azan. Then a gust of wind fills the torn mainsail and the ship begins to pull away from the lumbering man o'war. A second broadside falls wide of its mark, and Jenkshi's bold plan finally pays off when the enemy ship is forced to veer away for fear of beaching her hull in the shallows. The crew cheer loudly when they see her red sails falling away to the stern, and The Azan is left alone to make a swift passage through the islet channel.

    You pull yourself unsteadily to your feet and make your way along the debris-strewn deck to congratulate Jenkshi for his masterful display of seamanship. He accepts your praise and the cheers of his crew with a rueful smile, even though his skill and his coolness under enemy fire have undoubtedly saved the ship and the lives of all aboard. However, as the ship emerges on the far side of the islets, you soon discover that more than just Jenkshi's bravery will be needed if everyone aboard The Azan is to live to tell the tale of their deadly encounter with the buccaneers of Shadaki.

    Turn to 262.

    _________________________________________

    Page 262: Tolshi the helmsman climbs out of the hatchway to the stern hold and he hurries over to the Captain's side. He reports that the ship is holed below the waterline, close to the rudder, and that she is fast taking in water. Jenkshi inspects the damage for himself and immediately sets his crew to work at patching up the damage. They do their best with the materials available but still The Azan continues to take on water. Jenkshi estimates that the ship will stay afloat no more than three hours unless proper repairs are carried out, and he orders Tolshi to set a course for Dlash-da Ralzuha—the nearest port.

    You voice your fear that Shadakine pirates may already occupy this port, but Jenkshi laughs when he hears this.

    ‘If you knew Dlash-da Ralzuha like I do, you'd know we have no cause to worry about running foul of any buccaneers there. It's a slum port. A rubbish dump. Its name means 'Junkyard of the Ralzuha' and it certainly lives up to its name.’

    Your first glimpse of Dlash-da Ralzuha confirms everything Jenkshi has said about it. Its rust-red hovels and stinking shacks are grouped haphazardly around the rim of a natural stone harbour formed by a semicircle of black volcanic rocks. Flocks of vultures hover in the skies, swooping to feed occasionally on rafts of rotting debris which litter the shoreline.

    It is late in the afternoon and The Azan is listing alarmingly to starboard when at last she enters the stench-filled harbour of Dlash-da Ralzuha. It seems that the whole population of this derelict little port turns out to greet your arrival. For the natives it is something of a special occasion, for so rarely do ships ever visit their squalid harbour.

    Despite their wretched living conditions, the poverty-stricken tribal natives of Dlash-da Ralzuha give The Azan a warm welcome, and they seem genuinely eager to help Jenkshi and his crew with the repair of the ship's hull. Grooja, the port's oldest man and tribal leader, provides Jenkshi with fifty native men to help with the unloading of the cargo in order that the damaged section of the hull can be raised above the waterline. The captain sets them to work and he estimates that adequate repairs could be made overnight to enable the ship to sail on the first high tide tomorrow. The crew are pleased to hear this news. None of them want to stay in Dlash-da Ralzuha a minute longer than is absolutely necessary.

    Turn to 69.

    _________________________________________

    Page 69: While Jenkshi and the crew are busy repairing the ship's hull, you are approached by Grooja, the town elder. He is able to speak a little Sommlending and he asks if you would care to stay the night as a guest in his humble home. He says that he would be greatly honoured if you accepted his invitation and, rather than risk hurting his feelings, you agree to go.

    Grooja lives in the best hut in all of Dlash-da Ralzuha. It is the best hut because it possesses a door and a roof which does not leak when it rains. Grooja's family prepare for you a meal of roasted vulture meat and boiled snakes. After this unusual feast, his wife invites their twenty grandchildren to come and entertain you with an ancient tribal dance in which they each spin around and around for as long as they can before they are violently sick. Whenever this happens the other members of Grooja's noisome clan scream and cheer them excitedly. When at last this display of quaint tribal culture comes to a natural end, Grooja's toothless wife sidles up to you and suggests that you should pay a visit to the ‘Shrine of the Oracle’. She assures you that this wondrous shrine is famous throughout this region for it dispenses infallible words of wisdom to all those who would seek its counsel.

    If you wish to visit the shrine, turn to 299.

    If you do not, turn to 178.

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    We've got nothing better to do. Visit the shrine

  • LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    We've got nothing better to do. Visit the shrine

    Yup, let's go there!

    Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Luiane wrote:
    We've got nothing better to do. Visit the shrine

    Yup, let's go there!

    I agree

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    Page 299:You follow Grooja out of his hut and along a vermin-infested path which wends a tortuous route through a maze of slum dwellings and festering rubbish dumps. After a mile or so, this rough track ascends into a wooded hillside and then ends upon a plateau which overlooks the harbour. From here you can see Jenkshi and his crew working on The Azan by the light of a hundred oily torches. With undisguised pride, Grooja points to the Shrine of the Oracle and invites you to avail yourself of its wisdom. The shine consists of a man-sized statue constructed from rusting metal and chunks of driftwood held together with nails, strips of animal skin, and twisted steel wire. You decide to humour Grooja and so you ask the statue to tell you if there is anyone you should trust or distrust during your long journey to Suhn. As expected, you get no response. But then a wind arises and it makes a faint whistling sound as it passes through the holes in the statue. For a fleeting moment you think you hear the words: ‘Bad … dragon … is good,’ but then the wind dies and there is nothing but silence. Grooja smiles. He seems to think that the oracle has spoken a great truth.

    ill18.png

    ‘Come, we go now. The Oracle speaks but once a day. It has given you good wisdom. You are blessed.’

    Turn to 139.

    Well that's.... reassuring?


    Page 139: On returning to Grooja's hut, you find Tolshi waiting there for you. He asks you to accompany him to the ship at once for the Captain needs you to help with the repairs. It is as if your silent prayers for rescue have been answered. You thank the elder for the visit to the oracle, and his wife for her hospitality, and then you leave quickly with the helmsman.

    ‘The Captain doesn't really need your help,’ confides a grinning Tolshi, as you make your way hurriedly through the hovels of Dlash-da Ralzuha towards its torchlit harbour. ‘He just thought you'd welcome an excuse for not having to stay all night at Grooja's flea-ridden shack!’

    On your return to the ship you thank the Captain for sending Tolshi to rescue you, and to show your appreciation, you help the crew to patch the damaged hull. By first light the repairs have been completed and the cargo is then reloaded into the hold. Jenkshi gives Grooja and the natives some copper ingots as payment for their help, and then the crew cast off and catch the morning tide.

    For two days The Azan hugs the coastline as it sails a southerly course to Ghol-Tabras. The weather is kind and the ship makes good progress, enabling you to enter port shortly before dusk.

    Turn to 200.


    Page 200: A sinister quiet enshrouds the great city of Ghol-Tabras as The Azan sails beneath the arch of its harbour bridge and docks alongside its grand stone quay. The only citizens to be seen abroad are the guards of the Harbour Watch who quickly approach once the ship is safely moored. A sly-faced sergeant informs Captain Jenkshi that a night curfew is in force, and that a mooring fee of 100 Nobles a day must be paid by all ships arriving after sunset. This is a huge charge and Jenkshi complains bitterly, but the Sergeant merely laughs as his protests. ‘Pay the fee or forfeit your ship, Captain,’ he sneers. Jenkshi asks that he be allowed to pay tomorrow, so that he may sell some of his cargo to offset the exorbitant fee, but the sergeant shakes his head and refuses his request out of hand. ‘The fee must be paid now,’ he growls, ‘and in coinage—not cargo.’

    Reluctantly the Captain pays the sergeant using every last Noble that he possesses, leaving him with no money to pay his crew or purchase fresh supplies of food and water in the morning. He tells the crew that he must sell some of the cargo to raise the money he needs. A sale must be arranged quickly for he cannot afford to stay in this harbour for more than a day. Jenkshi picks a handful of his best crew members and tells them to accompany him ashore to help him find someone who will be willing to buy his copper ingots. You offer to help him and he suggests that you take half his men and meet back at the ship at dawn. He tells you to accept no less than 8 Nobles per ingot. He also tells you of two places he knows where a buyer for copper may be found: the Flying Fish Tavern and Coppersmiths' Hall.

    If you wish to go to the Flying Fish Tavern, turn to 319.

    If you would prefer to go to Coppersmiths' Hall, turn to 282.


    Well... shall we go to the obvious choice or take a chance at the Tavern?

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    The coppersmiths presumably can buy copper in bulk, lets find some drunk guy who we can convince they are magc. To the tavern!

  • HykuHyku Registered User regular
    Tavern!

    It seems like the most reasonable place to do business.

  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Neaden wrote:
    The coppersmiths presumably can buy copper in bulk, lets find some drunk guy who we can convince they are magc. To the tavern!

    Magic Taverns!

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    Page 319: Guided by your companions, you make your way through the darkening streets of Ghol-Tabras and arrive at the entrance to the Flying Fish Tavern. The inn is filled with the captains and crews of many of the vessels that are moored down in the harbour. They are a raucous crowd, yet their noise quietens to barely a whisper the moment you and your companions step through the door.

    Slowly you approach the bar, trying your best to ignore the dark mutterings that are passing among the hard-faced sailors. The innkeeper glares at you. It is as if he is daring you to ask him for service. You swallow hard and ask if he knows of anyone who would be interested in buying some copper.

    ‘Hey, listen up,’ he shouts to the others. ‘This infidel wants to sell some copper!’

    The crowded inn erupts with laughter. Now grinning inanely, the innkeeper fixes you with his piggy eyes and asks: ‘An' just what is it you've got to sell then, eh? Your father's old spit-pot maybe? Bah! Begone, y'scabs. We don't serve the likes o'you no more. I'm the new owner of this fine establishment and we don't want your kind here!’

    If you wish to attempt to buy some ale in the hope that it will appease this boorish innkeeper, turn to 108.

    If you decide that you are wasting precious time here, you can leave the inn by turning to 249.


    Kind of a boring choice, but hey.

    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
Sign In or Register to comment.