As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Fall/Winter Edition :

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So...

I hear in feb 2011 theres this huge LAN party down in portland thats like 530 people :P

I have a group seat for PDXLAN feb 4th-7th with a few seats left. Would anybody be interested in going? We leave early friday to make the trek down, get there around 2pm. Will leave after the final prize drawing, usually get home around 11pm on that monday.
    Its $72 a person for the 4day LAN... the kicker is I need to collect the $$ for the group seats before sunday so people would have to comitt early. I have about 6 seats left.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    $72? To hell with that. Last one I went to was barely worth half that price.

I'm not saying I don't want to go, but good luck with that.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited September 2010
    Coldbrew wrote: »

Which is the last one you went to?

72 / 4 = $18 a day for a 530 person LAN, not that expensive yo :P

BigRed on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BigRed wrote: »

It is on my budget. :P

Last one I went to was 14. There was a few members of some CoD4 clan there that I literally wanted to assassinate because of how utterly stupid they were.

I'd go again, but I don't remember 14 costing that much. Maybe my memory just sucks right now (like usual). Either way I won't have $72 by Sunday but if there's still seats left in a couple months I might pick one up.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited September 2010

Just cause you cant afford it doesn't make it bad :P

BigRed on
    edited September 2010

Just cause you cant afford it doesn't make it bad :P

I didn't say it was bad, there were just a couple bad experiences. Alienware f-ed up part of the L4D tournament too.

Anyway, I'll try to go but we'll see how things go in the next couple months.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hmm... My facebook event seems to have disappeared - anyone know what happened to it?

Heleor on
    edited September 2010
    Heleor on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Apparently I shall be kid free after all, but I can still do sodas or something non-boozy :) I'll also bring something sweet/desserty! Also maybe curses for a game if anyone is interested?

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

Next week(ish) I will be departing the wonderful Seattle area for the less wonderful Chicago area.

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in a little going away get together. Maybe meet at Alki beach and grill some hotdogs or something. I realize that the school year has started, and people are working more now that the summer is over, so it is a longshot, but I felt I should see anyway.

Later guys!

Shaddz on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    You can find me on:
    Twitter.com: @Shaddz
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
    http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
  • yabukasigiyabukasigi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    everyone should bring their blow up swords and we can duke it out

yabukasigi on
    edited September 2010
    I just bought a bunch of french fries, burgers, and a couple steaks for the thing Saturday.

Still need to fully stock my new bar though!

Heleor on
  • SashaSasha Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    For Saturday's thing: I'll be bringing a bunch of steaks along with hot dogs, watermelon, iced tea, and some other things. For board games, it looks like I can bring Dominion (with 2 expansions) along with Settlers of Catan (with expansion.)

Sasha on
    edited September 2010
    Heleor: Is there parking available? or is it going to be fail street and/or expensive parking?

If not Ill have to bus it in, which will limit what I can bring :(

Regardless Im planing on bringing a few bottles of deliciousness for the worthy

as far as games Ill bring zombie flux, zombie dice, pandemic, and Bang.

BigRed on
    edited September 2010
    Heleor: Is there parking available? or is it going to be fail street and/or expensive parking?

If not Ill have to bus it in, which will limit what I can bring :(

Regardless Im planing on bringing a few bottles of deliciousness for the worthy

as far as games Ill bring zombie flux, zombie dice, pandemic, and Bang.

There is parking available, but unfortunately they charge for it. There's about four different paid lots around, and street parking is free after 6.

Heleor on
  • Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have an xbox and a full rock band 2 setup plus some DLC if any of that would be a good thing to bring. I don't have a vehicle right now however so if anybody whos going is planning on being near west seattle that day I could probably toss you a few bucks for gas.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
    edited September 2010
    October 29th-31st LAN PARTY:
    Birthday LAN!

If you aren't signed up for the LAN please don't stick around for very long, you are welcome to swing by for birthday wishes and to hang out for a short while.

WOO BIRTHDAY LAN! both Jaiden's and usererror's birthdays (Also Prox's bday since hes going!) are near this time and they both wanted to do a LAN for it.

OCTOBER 29th through 31st... till whenever I throw your asses out so I can get sleep for work the next day :P (probably around 8pm-ish)

4229926621_5d065ce11a.jpg

Will be at my place, if you don't know where I live PM me for the addy.
    Max 28 people (thats all that we can fit here for computers)
    Bring computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, power strip, and cables (Power, video, etc).
    LAN is 21+ (If you feel you are an exception, plead your case to me via PM)
    LAN entry is $20
    Crash space is available (I have 10 sumos, a couple couches, and lots of floorspace), as are showers. (I suggest bringing a towel, I have many but not enough for everyone)
    Chairs for the LAN are provided. If you are planing on bringing your own chair please ask me first.
    Ill provide lots of Non-Alcoholic drinks and snacks for everyone and dinner (Burgers and hotdogs) on Saturday from the funds you pay in for the LAN. If you have been to one of these you will have seen there is no shortage of beverages/snacks.

The LAN room heats up thats for sure, but with the cooler weather in late Oct things shouldn't be too bad. The cooling will be in place though and on LOW. Don't sit by any of the garage doors if you don't enjoy 68 degree air though.

Also if you must smoke please do it out by the road/storage building. I know there are people coming that are very sensitive to any smoke smell. If its done near the house, the smell will come in some of the many open windows.

UPDATE:
    Food on sat is likely to be a TACO BAR instead of BBQ due to unpredictable weather. Plus the fact I dont really feel like BBQing in the rain then sitting in a LAN room all soaking wet :P
    OMGWTFBBQ
    4393035846_aaa7ede169.jpg

ALSO I HAVE A KEGERATOR NOW
    Beer that will be on tap is TBD, will accept suggestions for a good fall beer... maybe an octoberfest beer of some kind.... (beer thats on tap in the Pic is from kegs that are long empty)

Beer will be $2 a pint as a "HIGHLY SUGGUESTED DONATION OR ELSE YOU WILL GET YELLED AT BY BIGRED". This cost is determined so I break even on the keg (expensive). I always have good beer so it will be worth it.

OM NOM BEER:
    4383187158_6e66174670.jpg

Previous house party rules apply:
    (no getting sick, you want access to liquor stash you donate a bottle, no being stupid, no showing up sick)

PEOPLE WHO SAID THEY ARE GOING FOR LAN:

20/20

Paid:
    1: BigRed
    2: Jaiden
    3: usererror
    4: deadmetal
    5: Kethenn
    6: SmallLady (Spare Computer #1)
    7: Shoat
    8: googalash
    9: Darcness
    10: Requies
    11: nolan
    12: Wedge
    13: UberBeth
    14: Haikon
    15: prox
    16: SNICKERS
    17: Nakada
    18: Vulcnor
    19: LordMoon
    20: Theros

n00b Seats!
    5/5
    (Spots set aside for new people who have never been to one of these LANs before, so new people can attend :) )
    1: paulpwns
    2: Sesh
    3: ky13
    4: beta_angel (Spare Computer #2)
    5: bicyclefish

CANCELED (Boo!):
    Tek
    Randi
    n00b

People that took seats from those who fail:
    Oz
    Ris3n
    435?

if you want to go you need to let me know, there are limited spots.
    Please pay to secure your seat. I will bump unpaid people for those with payment.

Paypal info:
    reasonablylucid@gmail.com
    Please mark the payment as money owed or as a gift to avoid paypal fees.

BigRed on
  • RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    For the event on the 2nd... if we want to have console link play, for games like Halo Reach, MW2, etc... we will probably need one monitor per xbox. Since hotels often have special devices on their TV's that prevent you from hooking up any game system. I have an extra 19in monitor I can bring, so it would be helpful to know if anyone else intends on bringing an xbox?

Redwingedblackbird on
    edited September 2010
    BigRed, count me in for the LAN. I won't be able to pay for a week at least (PAX cut me really short) but you'll get the $20 as soon as I know I can afford it.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited September 2010
    Here's the message I sent out to everyone on the facebook event, since I know some of you aren't on it.

---

In case anyone forgot, the Post-PAX BBQ is tomorrow.

While the event starts at noon, we officially have the indoor areas reserved from 5:00pm to 11:00pm. Before then, people are welcome to hang out on the patio or, if it is raining in my room which is just one floor up.

Things to bring: More meat is always good. If anyone has a cooler, that would be useful. Drinks, both alcoholic and none. A gallon of oil would be useful if we want to change the deep fryer oil halfway through. Also, video games and board games that you'd like to play with others.

Parking: Is unfortunately a bad situation. There is a garage in the building, but it is $11 for 24 hours. There are about four other lots within a block of the building that may or may not be cheaper. As always, street parking is free after 6:00pm.

Getting into the building: I am apartment 1201, and the buzzer is tied to my cell phone. Backup buzzer is 004. After you are into the building, take the elevator up to the 11th floor and right, then an immediate left until you see the doors outside. We will probably be there. If not there, go up to the 12th floor and knock on 1201.

Alcohol: Bring your own or contribute something. I will be buying a bunch of liquor tonight, and for free access just throw a few dollars into the donation bucket or bring a bottle to share with everyone else.

*IF YOU ARE UNDER 21 DO NOT DRINK*

Heleor on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll probably make an appearance with a few crappy MT:G decks.

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Birthday LAN!

FUCK YOU! That's my birthday weekend!!!!! I hope everyone will be wanting to take a Halloween break to get the fuck outta the garage and get dressed up and go to a Halloween party!

Otherwise, we'll be posting the alternatives soon.

And I'll make the NEXT LAN!

MetaverseNomad on
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    IN for LAN, paypal'd Red!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited September 2010
    Birthday LAN!
    I hope everyone will be wanting to take a Halloween break to get the fuck outta the garage and get dressed up and go to a Halloween party!

Some people dont like to dress up :P

BigRed on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Snickers wrote: »
    IN for LAN, paypal'd Red!

Yay!! Did you get your shift bid?

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    edited September 2010
    Anyone who's coming today, here is what we desperately need:

- Disposable cups and plates.
    - Mixers for alcohol (Sour mix in particular is low)
    - A gallon of peanut oil for the deep fryer.

Heleor on
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hope it's not too late to RSVP. I know, I'm lazy.
    Actually, had a crazy few weeks and wasn't sure I was gonna be in town, but I am! Yay for gaming BBQ.

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    Anyone who's coming today, here is what we desperately need:

- Disposable cups and plates.
    - Mixers for alcohol (Sour mix in particular is low)

I can bring some. Sour will be there.

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
    edited September 2010
    I have a couple bottles of cranberry juice

I should roll in around 1 or so.

BigRed on
    edited September 2010
    Dial 004 or 130 for the actual buzzer. Whoops.

Two people here so far.

Heleor on
  • asleepypandaasleepypanda Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If I'm moved into the Seattle area by then I definitely would love to go! I will let you know asap if I can! My bf and I would be one of the newbs. :) DOn't put me on yet though. :p

asleepypanda on
    fss.png
    edited September 2010
    There's a bunch of us here. Call us and come. :)

Heleor on
  • ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Birthday LAN!
    I hope everyone will be wanting to take a Halloween break to get the fuck outta the garage and get dressed up and go to a Halloween party!

Some people dont like to dress up :P

Some people are silly.

Scoots on
  • ViltrisViltris Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys, this is Dwayne the Asian guy who brought the 2.5 dozen cookies. I met a bunch of you at Heleor's party. But sadly, I've already forgotten who was who on the forums.

So I'm posting here to say hi to everyone again!

Viltris on
    \/
    edited September 2010
    Apparently the party was the best party people have been to. The people who said that probably don't get out much.

Despite all the setbacks (Vomiting guy, ...fight club?, someone stealing the donations???), I'm still open to hosting them. There are things that will need to be changed though.

Expect to hear about a halloween party, if that happens!

Heleor on
  • NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh my god are you lame-o's immediately posting on the forum after the end of the party.

Truly, a nerd party. There needs to be moar.

Nullthread on
  • lecheelechee Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BBQ, gaming, and end it with a fight. That was a good party. I hope i can go to the halloween party if it happen.

lechee on
  • asleepypandaasleepypanda Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    Apparently the party was the best party people have been to. The people who said that probably don't get out much.

Despite all the setbacks (Vomiting guy, ...fight club?, someone stealing the donations???), I'm still open to hosting them. There are things that will need to be changed though.

Expect to hear about a halloween party, if that happens!

Definitely expected vomiting and a possible fight when drinking is involved... but stealing the donations? Thats just not cool.

asleepypanda on
    fss.png
  • RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It sounded like fun, except for the stealing of the donations... Wanted to go, but I had to work :( As for the 2nd... it would be helpful to know if anyone else is planing on bringing an xbox, so we can figure out how many monitors we may need. Since hotels typically rig their TV's to prevent connecting a gaming console to them. A list of what tabletop games people are planing to bring would be helpful as well.

With the Sheraton right in downtown, there are plenty of places to eat, and Gameworks is a block away. If we want to go there as a group, I believe they offer discounts for groups of 10 or more. Hopefully with the being an all day/night thing, everyone will have plenty of time to play all the games they want, lean new games, and socialize.

Redwingedblackbird on
  • Aidan_Aidan_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nullthread wrote: »
    Oh my god are you lame-o's immediately posting on the forum after the end of the party.

Truly, a nerd party. There needs to be moar.

In-fuckin'-deed. Heleor's bash was by far the best party I've ever been to. Good booze, fun games, awesome people, fast women, pretty cars and I got a busted lip! More like this. ;)

Aidan_ on
    Do what now?

"I aim to misbehave."
    - Capt. Mal Reynolds
This discussion has been closed.