As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Two Worlds 2

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dashui wrote: »
    I think the thing stopping me from playing a pure mage is the equipment. Wizard robes and hat? No thank you. Give me a cool suit of heavy armor. I could mix the two classes, warrior and mage, but I tend to go all out with a class instead of combining them.

You could try carrying both sets of equipment and switch it out if you want to optimize. Otherwise, just keep your staves up to date and crafted and you should be okay.

My problem with trying to be a mage is skillbooks. I want to be a spellsword of sorts. I think I've been playing for maybe 5-6 hours and all the skillbooks I've found are ranger ones. I haven't invested any points into ranger at all and don't plan to, so that's bad luck on my part. Skillbooks cost like 12k to buy so I'll have to spend some time at the dice table if I want to buy them.

Go to the Mages Guild. There are several books laying around there.

The only Mage Guild I've found had just a respec dude in it. It looked run down... is that the right one? If not, where is it located?

Use the teleporter to go upstairs. Shopkeepers will be in that same room as the Respec guy as long as it's light out.

Magic Pink on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just tried out a mage, used a money cheat so I could easily respec and outfit my character, but it's definitely not my kind of playstyle. I'm particularly not a fan of the visuals of playing a mage - wizard robes, hats and staffs just aren't for me. I will say this, though, the spell customization system is very cool. It left me impressed. If you're a fan of playing mages, then Two Worlds 2 has a lot to offer.

My mage gear is leather boots, robe, cape, staff, and helmet. He looks pretty badass, actually.
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Use the teleporter to go upstairs. Shopkeepers will be in that same room as the Respec guy as long as it's light out.

Yeah, I thought that teleporter was one to bring up your map at first, but it just takes you to the rest of the guild.

Sir Carcass on
  • MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So about online mode. I beat it at level 28~ or so.

However, in town I saw some level 88 people. Is there some sort of Nightmare/Hell Difficulty you can replay it on? I couldn't find any modes that seemed like a plausible way to get that high. Granted, the last mission was reaaaaly good exp, but did they really replay that 30 times?

Mugaaz on
    edited February 2011
    Mugaaz wrote: »

However, in town I saw some level 88 people. Is there some sort of Nightmare/Hell Difficulty you can replay it on? I couldn't find any modes that seemed like a plausible way to get that high. Granted, the last mission was reaaaaly good exp, but did they really replay that 30 times?

They maybe hacked? But yeah, I've heard people just run the last chapter over and over.

Magic Pink on
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    *puts on robe and wizards hat*

ghost_master2000 on
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think the thing stopping me from playing a pure mage is the equipment. Wizard robes and hat? No thank you. Give me a cool suit of heavy armor. I could mix the two classes, warrior and mage, but I tend to go all out with a class instead of combining them.

You could try carrying both sets of equipment and switch it out if you want to optimize. Otherwise, just keep your staves up to date and crafted and you should be okay.

My problem with trying to be a mage is skillbooks. I want to be a spellsword of sorts. I think I've been playing for maybe 5-6 hours and all the skillbooks I've found are ranger ones. I haven't invested any points into ranger at all and don't plan to, so that's bad luck on my part. Skillbooks cost like 12k to buy so I'll have to spend some time at the dice table if I want to buy them.

Go to the Mages Guild. There are several books laying around there.

The only Mage Guild I've found had just a respec dude in it. It looked run down... is that the right one? If not, where is it located?

Wow. I feel like a noob. I didn't even think that teleporter worked for some reason. Doi. Oh well! Thanks guys.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mugaaz wrote: »

How long did it take you to beat it? Also, does it scale with how many people are in the game?

Ratsult2 on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I may never beat this game due to my wild monkey hunts.

I swear

I will murder them all

Mr Pink on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How is the utility magic? Like are there stealth type spells and such? Or mostly just blasty stuff?

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, there's Waterwalk, which is fun. There's a high jump spell, a featherfall spell. You can use the gravity spell to stand on floating objects. Those are the only ones I've seen so far.

Sir Carcass on
  • KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I'm going all mage cuz of the awesome spell creation system. Like a poster mentioned earlier, I am not looking forward to robes and witch hats...

One issue I am having is the spell casting. I can't quite figure it out. Sometimes I fire off a spell, sometimes it does nothing, and other times I do melee hit with my staff. I've noticed that I have to let go of block to cast spells but that's only part of the problem.

oh i'm on xbox btw...

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There's an Invisibility spell.
    Air -Effect + Time - Modifier + Enchant - Carrier.
    Lasts about 30 seconds.

SutibunRi on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sadly Test Drive Unlimited 2 was going for a ridiculous price right now and I picked that up. Either this'll have to be a great price on Steam when it comes eventually or 'm gonna wait on it a while.

Big Classy on
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    On PC to cast spells you have to hold the mouse button down. A little ring comes up and the main character spouts giberrish or says, "Fire, Earth, Water, Air" or something like that and once the ring completes you can let go and fire off the spell. The stamina replenish spell is almost instant, but some of my more complicated summons take awhile to cast.

Also... I decided to go explore some nearby islands the other day. Water walk and sprint. I got to an island that had weird orc looking creatures called Vidon? on it, and they were all hostile. I only found 1 chest on the whole island and it had two pair of mediocre boots in it. I explored the island some more and found a bluff with an altar and all kinds of ceremonial stuff around it, but no big baddy or anything. I hope I didn't break the game for later. It's west of the savanah Island.

On making money. Using the drum and getting a perfect score (360ish) will net you 1700 auras. Not bad for a couple minutes work.

The violin is very difficult to play. You have to hold down either E or R and then hit Q and W for notes. (I did better using two hands. Right index/middle finger on E and R, left index/middle finger on Q & W. Still didn't do well, but pulled 500ish auras) The drum just uses Q and R. The flute uses combinations of pairs/triples of QWER like you would be covering the air holes. it's a neat system. I haven't tried any other instruments.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    does the 360 pad work with the pc version?

Big Classy on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, how are you guys getting so much from the drums? What song are you using? Even with a perfect on my best song I'm only getting ~700, and that's playing with a musician.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Honestly, lucky throw is so easy to save scum I don't see how fumbling through a badly designed GH minigame is any better.

Bet 1000 auras, do two dice tosses... Kick the table if need be. You win most of the time. When you win, back out and save, rinse and repeat!

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I haven't really had any issues with money after I got partway through Chapter 1. I don't really buy any equipment at all and only buy the occasional skill book. But a lot of the skill books aren't really necessary, depending on your character build.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like the music mini games. The flute seems to be the best for me. Play with a musician in the walled city in the north west (have to do some quests/go through sewers to get in). I can pick up 3-5k per song.

... but yea, after you pick up the skill books there isn't much to buy. I did notice a few super expensive things to buy from the mage guild, but they were really nothing special.

Ratsult2 on
    edited February 2011
    Big Isy wrote: »
    does the 360 pad work with the pc version?

Yeah, it does the fancy button icon replacement that most games do today. It actually works too well because if you have the pad plugged in, you can't use the keyboard and maybe mouse (I started the game with it plugged in and couldn't figure out why I couldn't skip the intro movies).

If you go mage you'll probably be buying a lot of cards, and those get expensive fast.

Sir Carcass on
    edited February 2011
    If you go mage you'll probably be buying a lot of cards, and those get expensive fast.

Exactly. A maxed out spell will take 30 cards and that's assuming you only use one Effect, Carrier and Modifier which you almost certainly won't. That's 30000g for one very basic spell.

Magic Pink on
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Exactly. A maxed out spell will take 30 cards and that's assuming you only use one Effect, Carrier and Modifier which you almost certainly won't. That's 30000g for one very basic spell.

Is there a mage guild on the 1st island?

Yall on
    edited February 2011
    Yall wrote: »

Is there a mage guild on the 1st island?

Nope.

Magic Pink on
    edited February 2011
    Depends on what you mean by 1st. Not on the Prologue island, but there is on the Savannah island, which is like an hour into the game.

Sir Carcass on
    edited February 2011
    Depends on what you mean by 1st. Not on the Prologue island, but there is on the Savannah island, which is like an hour into the game.

My bad - yes to clarify, I meant on the Savannah island.

Is there one in Hatmandor?

Yall on
    edited February 2011

My bad - yes to clarify, I meant on the Savannah island.

Is there one in Hatmandor?

No, there's one Mage Guild. It's outside Bayan. There are many other merchants that sell mage stuff tho if that's all you're looking for.

Magic Pink on
    edited February 2011
    My spell buying is usually the two merchants in the Mages Guild and the two in Hatmandor. One there is directly as you walk in the front gates and the other is by the speaking platform near the temple.

Sir Carcass on
  • Jeff210Jeff210 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm slightly confused about the magic system. I have fire level 3, but I don't really know what that does for me. If I switch the damage modifier card to 1, then it wont let me switch my spray modifier card to 1 (i also have homing on).

If i increase my fire magic skill will I beable to use these modifiers at the same time? Is that what they are talking about when they tell me i can use up to 3 cards or something? Or are they talking about actually having 2 fire cards in the same spell or something

Jeff210 on
    edited February 2011
    Jeff210 wrote: »
    I'm slightly confused about the magic system. I have fire level 3, but I don't really know what that does for me. If I switch the damage modifier card to 1, then it wont let me switch my spray modifier card to 1 (i also have homing on).

If i increase my fire magic skill will I beable to use these modifiers at the same time? Is that what they are talking about when they tell me i can use up to 3 cards or something? Or are they talking about actually having 2 fire cards in the same spell or something

No, Fire Mastery 3 means you can use 3 effect cards. So, for a fire bolt, you could use three fire cards, a missle carrier card and a homing modifier card. Every additional fire card will increase the damage. Other skills let you use more Carrier cards and more Modifier cards.

Magic Pink on
    edited February 2011
    Anyone tried sailing yet? Supposedly, once you are done with Chapter 1 you can buy a boat and go sailing around.

Yall on
    edited February 2011
    I don't think I'll ever finish Chapter 1.

Though I think I finally ran out of sidequests and am about to move on with the main quest.

Sir Carcass on
    edited February 2011

Though I think I finally ran out of sidequests and am about to move on with the main quest.

LOL - same here. I'm even having trouble distinguishing which are which (although some are quite obviously side quests).

Yall on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

LOL - same here. I'm even having trouble distinguishing which are which (although some are quite obviously side quests).
    In the quest log, one tab is called "Chapter One" while the others are locations. It's pretty self-explanatory from there. :P

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited February 2011
    My biggest bitch right now is the dye choices SUCK. Grey, green, red and blue, all of them slimey murky? Really? That's it?

Magic Pink on
    edited February 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »

In the quest log, one tab is called "Chapter One" while the others are locations. It's pretty self-explanatory from there. :P

Oh snap - I didn't even notice that. Thanks!

Yall on
    edited February 2011
    My biggest bitch right now is the dye choices SUCK. Grey, green, red and blue, all of them slimey murky? Really? That's it?

http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=32763

You're welcome.

Sir Carcass on
    edited February 2011

http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=32763

You're welcome.

Why exactly should I care about a PC mod?

Magic Pink on
    edited February 2011
    Oh... you're one of those.

Well, my armor looks awesome anyway.

Sir Carcass on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Picked this up last night. Fun game so far, still working on the prologue. I love how they wouldn't let you block until you got to that point in the tutorial. I was very confused. :)

WRT sneaking, how can I tell if I'm detected or not?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited February 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    WRT sneaking, how can I tell if I'm detected or not?

You'll get a weapon jabbed in your spleen.

Magic Pink on