As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Two Worlds 2

1101113151623

Posts

  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That's it? It was nice in the Elder Scrolls games that I could tell when I was detected.

    Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    That's it? It was nice in the Elder Scrolls games that I could tell when I was detected.

    To be fair, the only real difference was the eyeball icon would light up before you got jabbed in the spleen.

    Sir Carcass on
  • Jeff210Jeff210 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I started my character with the intent of being a stealth character but as far as I can tell there is no point. It seems that they have mobs that are set up to be assasinated (they stand facing a wall) and every other mob is gonna find you even if you are sitting in the dark. It's too bad because I usually love playing stealth characters in these games, luckly magic is very cool and so is the equipment switching mechanic.

    Jeff210 on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Jeff210 wrote: »
    I started my character with the intent of being a stealth character but as far as I can tell there is no point. It seems that they have mobs that are set up to be assasinated (they stand facing a wall) and every other mob is gonna find you even if you are sitting in the dark. It's too bad because I usually love playing stealth characters in these games, luckly magic is very cool and so is the equipment switching mechanic.


    Yeah, stealth as a character option is ridiculously poor.

    Anyone who wants to play a sneaky rogue type- steer well clear of this game.

    Magic Pink on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Does the invisibility spell help with that at all?

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Jeff210 wrote: »
    I started my character with the intent of being a stealth character but as far as I can tell there is no point. It seems that they have mobs that are set up to be assasinated (they stand facing a wall) and every other mob is gonna find you even if you are sitting in the dark. It's too bad because I usually love playing stealth characters in these games, luckly magic is very cool and so is the equipment switching mechanic.


    Yeah, stealth as a character option is ridiculously poor.

    Anyone who wants to play a sneaky rogue type- steer well clear of this game.
    So a sneaky assassin type who alternates between archery and backstabbing with the occasional utility spell won't fly?

    My enthusiasm wanes slightly.

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Does the invisibility spell help with that at all?

    Huh, maybe, I went Necro so I don't have it yet.

    That's just crazy enough to work.

    But if it does, it's game breakingly over-powered.

    Magic Pink on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    So a sneaky assassin type who alternates between archery and backstabbing with the occasional utility spell won't fly?

    My enthusiasm wanes slightly.

    It's the sneaky part that won't really do much. Stealth seems to only be for backstabbing, which is only for enemies they want you to do that with, really. Otherwise, an archer with some utility spells is perfectly viable.

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Jeff210 wrote: »
    I started my character with the intent of being a stealth character but as far as I can tell there is no point. It seems that they have mobs that are set up to be assasinated (they stand facing a wall) and every other mob is gonna find you even if you are sitting in the dark. It's too bad because I usually love playing stealth characters in these games, luckly magic is very cool and so is the equipment switching mechanic.


    Yeah, stealth as a character option is ridiculously poor.

    Anyone who wants to play a sneaky rogue type- steer well clear of this game.
    So a sneaky assassin type who alternates between archery and backstabbing with the occasional utility spell won't fly?

    My enthusiasm wanes slightly.


    It will, but you'll only get to backstab with set monster that specifically are placed there to not look at you no matter what. It's kind of a tease. Unless Invisibility lets you back stab.

    Archery has tons of options to play with tho.

    edit: BEAT'D

    Magic Pink on
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I really don't see the need to put any points into the Assassin line. One point is more than enough for stealth and stealth kills.

    Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I know attacking drops invisibility, so I'd imagine backstab would work the same way.

    Sir Carcass on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I know attacking drops invisibility, so I'd imagine backstab would work the same way.

    It only matters if you can back stab from invisibility. It doesn't matter what makes it drop since all you have to do is cast it again and you lose all aggro.

    Magic Pink on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I really don't see the need to put any points into the Assassin line. One point is more than enough for stealth and stealth kills.
    I maxed out lockpicking. It's not so important when all you have are basic and primitive locks, but Improved and Advanced and Solid and Master locks start showing up pretty quickly, and two seconds is just not enough for them.

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Yeah, I really don't see the need to put any points into the Assassin line. One point is more than enough for stealth and stealth kills.
    I maxed out lockpicking. It's not so important when all you have are basic and primitive locks, but Improved and Advanced and Solid and Master locks start showing up pretty quickly, and two seconds is just not enough for them.

    Speak of... I really enjoy the lockpicking mechanic in this game. I have 7 or 8 points in lockpicking now, and master locks aren't difficult... but in the beginning with only a couple points in and going for the 3 mechanism locks, it was a fun, and difficult, minigame.

    I still haven't been able to steal from anyone yet. I think I need a few points in stealing before I will be successful with that tutorial. It's a very hard minigame with only 1 point.

    Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dyvion wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Yeah, I really don't see the need to put any points into the Assassin line. One point is more than enough for stealth and stealth kills.
    I maxed out lockpicking. It's not so important when all you have are basic and primitive locks, but Improved and Advanced and Solid and Master locks start showing up pretty quickly, and two seconds is just not enough for them.

    Speak of... I really enjoy the lockpicking mechanic in this game. I have 7 or 8 points in lockpicking now, and master locks aren't difficult... but in the beginning with only a couple points in and going for the 3 mechanism locks, it was a fun, and difficult, minigame.

    I still haven't been able to steal from anyone yet. I think I need a few points in stealing before I will be successful with that tutorial. It's a very hard minigame with only 1 point.

    I still only have 1 point and haven't had any problem with 3 mechanism locks. Typically I get them in the first try. I guess I'll play it by ear and put in points when it becomes impossible to proceed! :)

    Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The solid (those are the 3 tumbler ones) aren't too bad with just one point in lockpick, but when you're up to six tumblers and a fast pick, you're going to need some more time.

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    So a sneaky assassin type who alternates between archery and backstabbing with the occasional utility spell won't fly?

    My enthusiasm wanes slightly.

    It's the sneaky part that won't really do much. Stealth seems to only be for backstabbing, which is only for enemies they want you to do that with, really. Otherwise, an archer with some utility spells is perfectly viable.

    Mostly true. There are some enemy camps that you can kill everything but 2-3 guards with stealth kills. While fun, if you are a stealth + archer type, you could have just used your bow. The real problems with a stealth character is that there are monsters that you just can't assassinate, and you can't stealth through a load zone.

    Ratsult2 on
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm a little annoyed that I have to enter my bonus code every time I make a character as opposed to it unlocking the item for an account.

    Oh, and the village advisor? He is a dick. I can't solve your virtual problems every twenty minutes, man! I have a life!

    Docshifty on
  • LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    For anyone else playing on the 360 - is your game screen size aligned properly with your TV? Mines off, as in the game screens resolution seems too bit for the tv and is cutting off a bit of it. Any fixes for this, or any way to adjust it? I don't see anything in the Settings menu.

    EDIT: Never mind, fixed with a simple google search. Who the fuck decided to call it Safe Area Interface instead of something like resolution adjustment?

    Loathing on
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It works fine for me. I know in the options there was an option for something concerning the safe area. That might move the screen around, but I think it was just for cutscenes.

    Docshifty on
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Loathing wrote: »
    EDIT: Never mind, fixed with a simple google search. Who the fuck decided to call it Safe Area Interface instead of something like resolution adjustment?
    Because the area you should not draw important elements outside of because they'll get cut off by a television's overscan is called a safe area?

    amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • mwoodymwoody Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heh, managed to hit 500 willpower going into the last area of this game. 50k+ mana. Gotta love a game that lets you min/max to that extent.

    For multiplayer, I'm going to be playing co-op with a tank partner. Would a dedicated archer be viable in that setup? I didn't play one in single because I didn't think I could keep mobs off me.

    mwoody on
    Steam: mwoody450
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Little question about DirectX and running the game.

    Nevermind, that was stupid. Obviously the default Two Worlds II option with Steam is DirectX9. Does the game just not support DirectX11?

    Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Frei wrote: »
    Little question about DirectX and running the game.

    Nevermind, that was stupid. Obviously the default Two Worlds II option with Steam is DirectX9. Does the game just not support DirectX11?

    It has DX 9 and DX 10 support.

    I got myself some musical instruments. Playing anything except for the drum is...rather challenging. I still love flailing about trying to do it anyway.

    This game is more and more rewarding the more I play it.

    brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    brynstar wrote: »
    Frei wrote: »
    Little question about DirectX and running the game.

    Nevermind, that was stupid. Obviously the default Two Worlds II option with Steam is DirectX9. Does the game just not support DirectX11?

    It has DX 9 and DX 10 support.

    They plan to add DX11 support in a later patch.

    Sir Carcass on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Around the same time the uk steam version releases. Yes, I won't let that go.

    Big Classy on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Around the same time the uk steam version releases. Yes, I won't let that go.

    You already spent your TW2 budget. :P

    Sir Carcass on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, eff you, mummies.

    All running with your arms flailing like a silly man, then hitting like a truck on my poor mage.

    Mr Pink on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The power progression in this game is pretty wild. I remember when one Necris would rape me, now I can drop 5 with one spell that I can cast almost indefinitely.

    Sir Carcass on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The power progression in this game is pretty wild. I remember when one Necris would rape me, now I can drop 5 with one spell that I can cast almost indefinitely.

    Yeah, I really like that about the game. It doesn't have that whole 'illogical but we accept it' scale of enemy power levels thats in every RPG ever.

    Mr Pink on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Around the same time the uk steam version releases. Yes, I won't let that go.

    You already spent your TW2 budget. :P

    I still have just enough for it but yeah, I'm planning on waiting for a deal now. Its not like I'm short of games to finish. however knowing how weak willed I am, I'll probably get it straight away.

    Big Classy on
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So dual wielding looks pretty pointless. It doesn't even look like it has any skills... and you lose some other skills just by dual wielding, while gaining seemingly nothing, haha.

    Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, you can use the second weapon to slot more gems.

    Can you do that with a shield?

    Sir Carcass on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, you can use the second weapon to slot more gems.

    Can you do that with a shield?

    Yes.

    Dual wield is only good if you need to switch between two damage types, like bludgeon and slash or any elements.

    Magic Pink on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dual wielding also looks cool, so there's that.

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I picked this up today. And went straight for Dual Wielding because that's what I did in the first game. It stacks up damage pretty well. Twice the chances to crit is nice, too.

    But then I found a flamberge that does more damage than both of my other swords combined, so I'm running around the savanna like a psychopath chopping up animals. Run + Attack is cooler for two weapons, I'll say that.

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Samm1chSamm1ch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I started the sidequest given by the Orc smith, where he wants you to retrieve an orb. The cave I entered had a bunch of Giant Scorpions. They're far above my pay grade power-wise, but luckily they get caught on the geometry very easily, allowing me to sloooowly whittle down their health. Bad part is that it kinda breaks the immersion. Good part is that I gained a level just by killing four scorpions and a few Necris!

    I also went back and tried to melee a Giant Ant, just to see if the 7 or 8 levels I'd gained made much of a difference. One hit didn't kill me this time, but it still took about 3/4 of my health. My blows were rather less than effective.

    In case anyone was still trying to figure out what all the icons mean in the weapon/armor descriptions, the Two Worlds Vault has this helpful shot.

    Samm1ch on
    steam_sig.png
  • Hank_ScorpioHank_Scorpio Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I'm level 10 and still in Chapter 1. The scenery in this place hasn't been terribly interesting. Will there be some cooler looking locations as I get further into the game?

    Hank_Scorpio on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm level 14, and I'm still wearing the armor I got from the Orcs. Granted, it's been massively upgraded since then. I've just been wandering the savanna, killing things. I found a lance at the bottom of a dungeon that is absolutely ridiculous, even moreso after I've upgraded it. And the reach is fantastic.

    I just took out an entire seaside town of the lizard people with nothing but Block Breaker because it splorched them in one hit.

    This is the kind of game you can just get lost in.

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Samm1ch wrote: »
    So I started the sidequest given by the Orc smith, where he wants you to retrieve an orb. The cave I entered had a bunch of Giant Scorpions. They're far above my pay grade power-wise, but luckily they get caught on the geometry very easily, allowing me to sloooowly whittle down their health. Bad part is that it kinda breaks the immersion. Good part is that I gained a level just by killing four scorpions and a few Necris!

    I also went back and tried to melee a Giant Ant, just to see if the 7 or 8 levels I'd gained made much of a difference. One hit didn't kill me this time, but it still took about 3/4 of my health. My blows were rather less than effective.

    In case anyone was still trying to figure out what all the icons mean in the weapon/armor descriptions, the Two Worlds Vault has this helpful shot.

    THANK YOU

    I've been trying to figure out what that rolling pin and dancing nun mean for a while now.

    I mean I'm sure it's in the manual but I'm lazy.

    Mr Pink on
Sign In or Register to comment.