As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Two Worlds 2

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm waiting for it to hit the UK steam store.

Big Classy on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    These labyrinths. I feel like I am lost forever. That whole "stick to a wall" think is great in theory, but that only works when the entrance and target share a wall.

The only really hard one is Huni. The ones before that you can just do the left turn thing, and the ones after it have a very specific guide for getting through them, but that one for me just requires blind wandering, and I've gone through it twice now.

For those interested in the "trick" for the later tombs:
    Look for the barrels on the ground. Their placement will show you where to go and they're basically breadcrumbs.

Sir Carcass on
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    These labyrinths. I feel like I am lost forever. That whole "stick to a wall" think is great in theory, but that only works when the entrance and target share a wall.

The only really hard one is Huni.
    That's good to know, cause that's the one I had just finished. I was going to start the next one, but then *oh look, it's 3 AM, how'd that happen*

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I got the Rusty Key from the Orc to go and get into the Cave on the second island you get to (after the training island) but when I get there, the door to it remains Locked.

What gives?

Loathing on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Loathing wrote: »
    So I got the Rusty Key from the Orc to go and get into the Cave on the second island you get to (after the training island) but when I get there, the door to it remains Locked.

What gives?

Are you sure you're looking at the right door? If it's what I'm thinking of, there's a cave entrance and a door right next to each other. The door is for later.

Sir Carcass on
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This game is a PSA for not running down stairs.

Yall on
  • mwoodymwoody Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So it turns out if you make a spell that's missile-trap-missile, then add an effect to the third missile, then delete the trap, you've got a missile-missile spell. Add an enchant or an AoE to the third slot, throw in some effects, maybe spice up the first and/or second missile with ricochet, homing, and/or spray... and you've got one hell of a party.

I'm still trying to figure out how to missile-aoe-enchant my summons and other players in multi, though. I can get it so it buffs NPCs, but not my precious Varns, nor my co-op buddy.

mwoody on
    Steam: mwoody450
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

What gives?

Are you sure you're looking at the right door? If it's what I'm thinking of, there's a cave entrance and a door right next to each other. The door is for later.

I'm fairly sure that is a bugged quest (at least on the 360), just ignore it for now I guess.

Ratsult2 on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's bugged on the PC, too.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Hank_ScorpioHank_Scorpio Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm finally getting into the game. Level 22 and well into Chapter 2, feels like everything is opening up and flowing better, and the scenery is more interesting now. I'm having a lot of trouble fighting certain enemies though. Any tips? I've mostly just been rolling with a two handed sword, I have 50 strength and 40 endurnace, with few points put into magic and accuracy.

Hank_Scorpio on
    edited February 2011
    Just ran into a quest called "Last Crusade". Usually, when games make Indiana Jones references, they are short... and often are just a dead body with a hat.

Two Worlds 2... they took it a bit further. I'm not going to spoil anything. I'll just say that it includes cutscenes featuring Indiana-like characters, with Indiana-like dialogue, and you go into an Indiana-like place, full of mysteries.

Ratsult2 on
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Just ran into a quest called "Last Crusade". Usually, when games make Indiana Jones references, they are short... and often are just a dead body with a hat.

Two Worlds 2... they took it a bit further. I'm not going to spoil anything. I'll just say that it includes cutscenes featuring Indiana-like characters, with Indiana-like dialogue, and you go into an Indiana-like place, full of mysteries.

Now you have to tell me how to find this quest.

Also, is there an easy way to find quests in a big, maze-like city? Are they those pins with NPC names on the maps?

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    edited February 2011
    Dashui wrote: »

Now you have to tell me how to find this quest.

Also, is there an easy way to find quests in a big, maze-like city? Are they those pins with NPC names on the maps?

I don't know for sure, but I think you need to be in chapter 2, part way through the "Shadows from the Past" quest before you can go through this cave. The cave is called "The Holy Cave" and it's in the Swallows area (big part of chapter 2). Once in the Swallows, take the first road that leads north. A short distance up the road, you will see the cave on the left side, up some stairs. The entrance has a green light next to it and it should show up as a black pin on the map, it shouldn't be hard to find.

The main character even says "I hope this doesn't lead to a lawsuit"...

Ratsult2 on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

What gives?

I'm fairly sure that is a bugged quest (at least on the 360), just ignore it for now I guess.

Again, make sure you're entering the cave to the left of the door (if you're looking at the door). That door you see outside is for later. Within the cave around the side is where you need to go.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited February 2011
    I am pretty sure you're talking about something else, because I just ran all up and down the coast there and there are no caves anywhere near that door.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited February 2011
    Hmmm...maybe so. I was talking about the Runestones quest.

Edit: Aha, I see...you said second island (AFTER the training one). Yep, my mistake.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Docshifty wrote: »
    I guess my girlfriend will be picking this up for me on her way home for work, provided that Wal Mart has it.

Too bad I have to settle for the 360 version, though.

The bonus is that Wal-Mart copies get a Dragon Armor DLC code. I literally JUST got enough strength to wear it and I look badass as fuck now.
    Also, here's the rest of the DLC codes:
    Anathros Sword 6770-8976-1634-9490
    Axe 1775-3623-3298-1928
    Dragon Armor 4149-3083-9823-6545
    Elexorie 3542-3274-8350-6064
    Hammer 6231-1890-4345-5988
    Lucienda Sword 9122-5287-3591-0927
    Scroll 6972-5760-7685-8477

I know this is from way back, but I wanted to bring it up. All the codes work for me save the Axe code. Is there another one?

Docshifty on
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I replayed through the intro because somehow I missed the Ork (orc?) slowclap scene. The fight scene between Sardarkar... sandohar... shadowkar? Sordahan! (That guy with -way- too much ornamentation on his armor) That fight between him and the Orc (ork?) was well choreographed.
    Except for, you know, when Sordahan decided to gloat after "winning" the fight.

I think I'm just going to start all the way over, knowing a whole lot more about the mechanics of the game. Go full mage this time. 0 accuracy for me!
    And not cheat myself a million gold.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    edited February 2011
    Dyvion wrote: »
    Eh, I don't think that has hurt me any. I mainly just wish the spellmaking didn't require I have the cards for every spell I want to keep. I just think of it as making it so I don't have to manually rebuild spells mid battle to fight effectively with magic. Cause, uh, that's basically all I've been buying at merchants are spell modifiers and effects.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2011
    Eh, I don't think that has hurt me any. I mainly just wish the spellmaking didn't require I have the cards for every spell I want to keep. I just think of it as making it so I don't have to manually rebuild spells mid battle to fight effectively with magic. Cause, uh, that's basically all I've been buying at merchants are spell modifiers and effects.

That's basically what I was doing as well. But I kept visitng shops until I had every skillbook in the game. There were still some magic cards that were very limited for me, no matter how many times I visited the wizards guild they wouldn't show up. This time I'll just spend a lot of time making sweet sweet musics. And not buying every skillbook, only the magey ones. I will shun bows and arrows and leather armor. I'm considering keeping a set of heavy armor to switch to if things get out of hand, but I want to have two of my equipment sets be robes and a staff. Basically just focus entirely on magicing things to death.

Maybe all three sets. I have a lot more experience with the game now, but I remember it being really tough in the beginning. Maybe it's cause I was just a noob. We'll see.

Dyvion on
    edited February 2011
    I also kind of did it because my game seems to be doing the opposite of what I'm told is supposed to happen. Someone here said prices decrease as you use a merchant but I had... the opposite outcome...

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2011
    I also kind of did it because my game seems to be doing the opposite of what I'm told is supposed to happen. Someone here said prices decrease as you use a merchant but I had... the opposite outcome...
    Prices decrease as you gain standing in the merchant guild.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I finally picked up some spellcasting with my melee monster.

I basically have one spell that gives me 25% damage reduction for a minute.

I cast it when I want to glow, it's basically worthless in combat. If you chain your cooldowns effectively you're never actually vulnerable.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Gaspode_TGaspode_T Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Trying not to read thread for spoilers/etc...I'm interested in buying this game but curious if it's worth playing through Two Worlds 1 first. I know it has a bad reputation and everything, but I'm a fan of bad games and I actually played Arx Fatalis on Xbox 1 if it means anything for my penchant for CRPG-on-console pain.

Gaspode_T on
    Gaspode The Talking Wonder Dog
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gaspode_t TwitPic: http://twitpic.com/photos/gaspode_t
    edited February 2011
    Wow so I suck at playing instruments...either that or I keep picking hard songs.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited February 2011
    No, every instrument except the drum is just really stupidly pointlessly difficult.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    Hmmm...maybe so. I was talking about the Runestones quest.

Edit: Aha, I see...you said second island (AFTER the training one). Yep, my mistake.

Looking it up a bit, apparently the Rusty Key you get is for a door INSIDE that dungeon, not the actual dungeon itself. I have no idea how to open the dungeon though, I'm guessing its later on in the story? I only just hit Chapter 2.

And fuck playing the instruments. I did it until I got the achievement, then never did it again. Not like I need the money, as I said just hit Chapter 2 and I think I'm sitting at close to 200k auras.

Loathing on
    edited February 2011
    Oh wow so hello there (admittedly timid) sex scene. I certainly was not expecting you.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited February 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Oh wow so hello there (admittedly timid) sex scene. I certainly was not expecting you.

Really? I hadn't even heard that there were any. Go figure. One flew under the radar.
    Gaspode_T wrote: »
    Trying not to read thread for spoilers/etc...I'm interested in buying this game but curious if it's worth playing through Two Worlds 1 first. I know it has a bad reputation and everything, but I'm a fan of bad games and I actually played Arx Fatalis on Xbox 1 if it means anything for my penchant for CRPG-on-console pain.

When it was released it was unplayable due to gamebreaking bugs, unfinishable quests, broken items etc. There have been several patches since then that cleared up most of the mess, but it had such a stigma that nobody was willing to give it another shot. I think GOG has a version that's playable if you're willing to risk it. The storyline isn't that great, but it does carry over into 2 Worlds 2.

Dyvion on
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Really? I hadn't even heard that there were any. Go figure. One flew under the radar.
    Gaspode_T wrote: »

When it was released it was unplayable due to gamebreaking bugs, unfinishable quests, broken items etc. There have been several patches since then that cleared up most of the mess, but it had such a stigma that nobody was willing to give it another shot. I think GOG has a version that's playable if you're willing to risk it. The storyline isn't that great, but it does carry over into 2 Worlds 2.

If you're going to play it on the PC. If you want to go the console route, stay the fuck away from Two Worlds.

Two Worlds II is fun on either platform.

Docshifty on
  • Samm1chSamm1ch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

To me, it came across as somehow both more explicit and less off-putting than the one in Dragon Age. Maybe it didn't cross over into the Uncanny Valley as much as a more expensively rendered scene would.

Or maybe I'm just an ass man.

I did think it was funny to have my guy standing there in his full-plate Dragon Armor the whole time. You gotta lighten up, buddy!

Back to the game: I think I'm finally running out of sidequests in chapter 1. Once I move on, there's a way to come back and pick up any quests I miss, right?

Samm1ch on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2011
    Samm1ch wrote: »
    Back to the game: I think I'm finally running out of sidequests in chapter 1. Once I move on, there's a way to come back and pick up any quests I miss, right?
    Should be, my save says I'm in Chapter 2, and I can go right back to the second island.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I guess my girlfriend will be picking this up for me on her way home for work, provided that Wal Mart has it.

Too bad I have to settle for the 360 version, though.

The bonus is that Wal-Mart copies get a Dragon Armor DLC code. I literally JUST got enough strength to wear it and I look badass as fuck now.
    Also, here's the rest of the DLC codes:
    Anathros Sword 6770-8976-1634-9490
    Axe 1775-3623-3298-1928
    Dragon Armor 4149-3083-9823-6545
    Elexorie 3542-3274-8350-6064
    Hammer 6231-1890-4345-5988
    Lucienda Sword 9122-5287-3591-0927
    Scroll 6972-5760-7685-8477

I know this is from way back, but I wanted to bring it up. All the codes work for me save the Axe code. Is there another one?

The Axe and Hammer are the same thing.

Magic Pink on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    No, every instrument except the drum is just really stupidly pointlessly difficult.

Actually, the harder it is, the better score you get and the better score you get the more money you'll get. So not TOTALLY pointless but still far too hard.

Magic Pink on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The first time I tried playing the guitar on 360 I think I hit three notes. Totally silly.

Mr Pink on
    edited February 2011
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    The first time I tried playing the guitar on 360 I think I hit three notes. Totally silly.

Not much better on PC. Doesn't help that I'm terrible at those kind of games anyways. Still, like others have said, money isn't really a huge issue in this game. I would have more of it if I didn't break down everything I pick up.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited February 2011
    The harp is just drums with more notes. Just play the harp, you get 2-3 times as much money.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2011
    The harp is just drums with more notes. Just play the harp, you get 2-3 times as much money.

Yeah, I'll second that. The hard plays like a normal instrument, no gimmicks. Also, Trade Winds has -way- too many notes. There's a reason you get so much money after playing it... it's freaking long.

Dyvion on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think my problem with the harder songs is that I can't associate where the buttons are in relation to my fingers fast enough.

That being said, it doesn't deter my enjoyment at all. Though I wish, if you gave a really bad performance, the musician would berate you and tell you to leave.

Mr Pink on
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If you're going to play it on the PC. If you want to go the console route, stay the fuck away from Two Worlds.

Two Worlds II is fun on either platform.

Cabezone on