As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shores of Hazeron - It's about Spaceships!

• Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Don't worry too much about it. We're currently just getting the basics set up so we can automate some of the more tedious crap, like mining stone. At the moment the village isn't more then a town square, a few dirt roads, and a mine that we're all busy digging at.

Once that's done we'll need people to go out and find the location of a metal deposit, so we can build a space rocket, which means arming them with weaponry to brave the jungle.

Edit: Once I figure out how, i'll set up some tasks, which are basically in-game quests, for you all to do. I can't pay any money for them yet (On account of not having citizens to task. But that will change soon.), but once I can, they'll award money for you to purchase swanky new gear once we have a few shops set up. Stuff you'll eventually be able to buy includes weaponry, armor, items to adventure with, and even your own personal space-ships, eventually. Until then, if you're lost, they should be a good guide on what we need to get done.

Archonex on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't see The Merch Republic in the empire list.

Edit: I tried putting it in manually and it just tells me there's no city to join.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That's probably because the server crashed again. Wait for it to come back up then try again.

Archonex on
  • Options
    RykeRyke Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Damn, i'm not seeing the empire in the list either.

Guess I will have to wait still.

Edit: DAMNIT! I just got in and it kicked me after I tried to open the comm window!

Edit2: Ok, apprently I did get in, but when i typed The Merch Republic as the empire it just put me into a random one. Still cant find our empire on the list and when I do type it in now it says we have no cities =/

Ryke on
    XBL: Ryke Kardine SteamID: Ryke
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Are you sure it's The Merch Republic? I'm looking at the list and it isn't there.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It's possible the crash may have rolled us back, I guess.

I know it was working before. We had at least two other people beside me running around our little parking lot of a village.

The exact name is "The Merch Republic".

Edit: Yeah, it's up, and working. I just shanked some guy named "Garthor" by accident, since his character was spazzing out and I assumed he was a corpse. Sorry Garthor!

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So strange, I cant find it on the list and I cant find it when I search =/

Ryke on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Try "Merch Republic" or "The Merch Republic".

It's got to be there somewhere.

X2yzh9 managed to get in. Maybe he could tell you what he did.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    This is strange, there is a player named Garthor so he's obviously joined but I still don't see it in the list.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Huh, I think I did it. It's not on the list but if you type it in and then press enter (very important) it selects it (doesn't show the race model though) and you can join.

Right now I'm in the loading screen.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    rayofash wrote: »
    Huh, I think I did it. It's not on the name but if you type it in and then press enter (very important) it selects it (doesn't show the race model though) and you can join.

Yeah, ive been doing that but it keeps putting me in random empires. Not the merch one =/

Ryke on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It just put me into limbo. I'll try again.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I built a house before I went into limbo. Going to build a farm and an apartment building if I can get in again, and work on making some roads that aren't made out of dirt. That way we'll at least look like we aren't living in the stone ages.

I also stockpiled about 120 stone in the town stockpile. So that's ample materials for basic structures if someone wants to build them.

In other news, there's some sort of irritating giant swooping insect-birds near our settlement now. They kept swooping at me and Garthor until I leapt upon one as it came in for another pass and stabbed it to death. The rest kept their distance after that.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Doesn't show up in this list either: http://www.hazeron.com/empirestatusf.html

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ryke wrote: »
    Huh, I think I did it. It's not on the name but if you type it in and then press enter (very important) it selects it (doesn't show the race model though) and you can join.

Yeah, ive been doing that but it keeps putting me in random empires. Not the merch one =/

You're right.

Maybe Garthor is some kind of admin and just teleported there?

rayofash on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Doesn't show up in this list either: http://www.hazeron.com/empirestatusf.html

That only lists empires with capitols.

You're right.

Maybe Garthor is some kind of admin and just teleported there?

Yup. Worship me.

Oh hey the quote of the day changed!

Garthor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    How did you get in, Garthor?

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    All hail the mighty Garthor!

*bows*

Edit: Holy crud I'm in and I started my own empire!

rayofash on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Says you posses no cities so we can't join

Morkath on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Our empire isn't in the list, but manually trying to join it says that there isn't a friendly city on the assigned homeworld. I guess it's in the system though, just not viable for joining.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hm, managed to get it, maybe. I have no idea what this is. I think I hear raining.
    TDyLq.png

yeeaah, I have no idea what the hell.
    BXb9g.png

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Bah this sucks, I want to start playing and learning how but I rather do it on our empire instead of joining some random one.

Oh well, hopefully ill get in if i keep plugging at it.

Ryke on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If you end up in the city of "New Hapshant", then you're in the right empire.

Also, this may seem obvious, but don't put the "" around The Merch Republic.

The problems with joining the empire are probably due to the buggy server crashes. Hopefully they'll fix it. If not post on the forums. It looks like they're pretty good at fixing things if you do that.

Alternatively, apparently you can leave your empire, and request entrance to another one, somehow. Then you want to set your spawn to their city. Doing that and respawning might bring you to us, but you won't look like most Merchers.

First thing i'll look at doing now that the town is self sufficient is getting a capital set up. That way you can join easier. Apparently having a capital lists you in the empire listings, which makes it much easier for players to join the empire.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Apparently Garthor just kept typing it in until it worked. It must have bugged for him. It was serendipitous.

You can join the Imperium or Planepack to get used to the controls, you can always delete your character.

rayofash on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Huh, I'm in New Hapshant but all I see is space. Weird.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    And now I can't be in-game for more than a couple seconds without crashing, woo!

Garthor on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I managed to get onto our hell world. It was raining hard and then got so cold it started snowing. The lag was nuts though so I'ma try stuff tomorrow.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I managed to get onto our hell world. It was raining hard and then got so cold it started snowing. The lag was nuts though so I'ma try stuff tomorrow.

Truly, the planet hates us.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Archonex wrote: »

Truly, the planet hates us.

Frozen flakes of water!? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!? WHAT FRESH HELL HATH BEEN WROUGHT AGAINST US!?

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ya, im pretty sure this game just doesn't want me to play.

Ryke on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also for those who only see space, you have to wait for the planet to load. It loads the ground first, then the creatures, then the foliage and any structures.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ya, im pretty sure this game just doesn't want me to play.

At the moment, there's no rush, unless you're really itching to get in or explore the planet we're on. So don't feel pressured to get on right now. The server is pretty unstable.

About the only thing we need at the moment is expendable people to go out and find nice spots for resources nearby, and figure out where the really hostile monsters are to better facilitate not getting eaten by a Grue. That last job is probably going to have a pretty high fatality rate until we get a standing military going. At which point i'll look at the possibility of sending out heavily armed NPC soldiers to do that job, if that's possible.

Edit: The scale of this game is staggering when you consider that right now i'm worried about getting this village expanded out into a full blown modern city, and yet, out there, clearly visible in the sky above my character at times, are other planets in our solar system, and beyond that, an entire galaxy consisting of thousands of solar systems.

Nevermind the more minor details, like the fact that we're only occuping a small coastal area, hemmed in by a jungle we currently can't get through safely. Who knows what lovecraftian horrors (Let's be frank here. It's not like the current fauna has been all that friendly so far.) wait once we can trek through the jungle safely.

Archonex on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    I made a custom race that can fly, gonna see if I can ditch my empire and join yours, maybe I can do some scouting, if I can get in.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ugh. It says I'm in game when I'm not. Now I have to wait for that to time out before I can actually get in.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dear god it still hasn't timed out! I still can't connect!

Edit: Apparently this is happening to everybody.

rayofash on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I can't join The Merch Republic because we don't have any cities?

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    x2yzh9x2yzh9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Try 'The Merch Republic' after backspacing out the empire name originally, then create character and it should work.

x2yzh9 on
  • Options
    x2yzh9x2yzh9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If it says 'This empire has no cities' thats currently an ongoing major bug they're trying to fix. In the meantime join Planepacked and mess around a bit while trying to see if your able to join The Merch Republic. I guess I was lucky.

Edit:Yea, just checked-There's like 3 worker servers down.

x2yzh9 on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This sounds like it has potential. I will have to take a closer look for sure.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So the servers are down for now.

Just as a notice of what's been done. We have a single house (We could have more.) down, and one farm under construction. I had almost finished the farm before the server crash last night. If you get on before I do, go to the plot it's constructed on, hit F10, and do some work on it. It shouldn't take more then a few button presses to finish it.

I think there's some minerals we can use to start up a real economy/at least get some primitive gear crafted nearby. I'll check that out when I get on. If there is, i'll look at setting up a shop or armory for people to take gear from.

Also, apparently we're either way toward's the equator, or this planet likes rain alot. It's rained almost nonstop since I set up the empire.

Edit: According to the guides, we need to locate ore, which I don't believe is near our settlement. So I guess someone is going to have to go out into the jungle and risk getting eaten to look for it.

Archonex on