As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Monday Night Combat: Now with Steam group!

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow.....that's....beautiful. I know now what I'm getting my brother for Christmas....

That said, gogo PA Servers?

That also said, this thread needs more activity with regards to who's on playing MNC so we can hook up with non-pubs.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Maddoc wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    The title for this thread needs to be changed for this awesome piece of information:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/63200/

Yes. That is a steam link. For this game.

Check out the key features

Dedicated Servers

That right there is enough to get me to make the switch

Me, I'm slightly interested in that "Editor support" feature right under it. :mrgreen:

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • SponkSponk boglinus minimus Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Now that the game is unplayable in split screen (terrible framerate lag & has also hard locked my xbox twice), this might be a good way for my brother and I to be able to play together again while also including friends who won't touch a FPS without KBaM.

I bet sniping will be a lot easier with mouse aiming, but it'll definitely take some adjustment switching from the game pad. Thinking about it, skill-use heavy classes like the Assassin might actually be harder to play without all the shoulder and face buttons at your disposal. Or maybe I just need to upgrade to a mouse with more than 2 buttons.

Hopefully they will find a large player base on PC. This game deserves a wide audience.

Sponk on
    LIVE ID: sponk81
    wii code: 8041-7562-5268-4264
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wait, is the 360 playerbase going to be able to play with the PC playerbase? Or would I need to buy the game again through steam to play with the PC people?

Also, I sent a friend request to the original PA MNC Clan playertag, since the A PA MNC or whatever only had 27 people in it and none of them ever seemed to be playing MNC.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    edited December 2010
    Wait, is the 360 playerbase going to be able to play with the PC playerbase? Or would I need to buy the game again through steam to play with the PC people?

Also, I sent a friend request to the original PA MNC Clan playertag, since the A PA MNC or whatever only had 27 people in it and none of them ever seemed to be playing MNC.

Considering it's on Steam and not Windows Live, I highly doubt the two platforms will be able to play against each other.

I forget- did Shadowrun allow cross Xbox/PC play or was that feature removed before release?

Sponk on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sponk wrote: »

Considering it's on Steam and not Windows Live, I highly doubt the two platforms will be able to play against each other.

I forget- did Shadowrun allow cross Xbox/PC play or was that feature removed before release?

Some Steam games do utilize the GFWL for matchmaking.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    edited December 2010

I did not know that. I haven't been doing much PC gaming lately. Maybe there's a chance, then, since the game was originally developed for & released on the xbox. I wouldn't hold my breath, though, since I can't recall a game other than Shadowrun that has supported that feature.

Sponk on
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I can say with 99.999% certainty that it will not support cross-platform play.

I'm happy to see it coming to the PC, I wanted to try it but I don't like paying for Gold so I never bought it.

Fats on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This is good news, more people need to play this game.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I did not know that. I haven't been doing much PC gaming lately. Maybe there's a chance, then, since the game was originally developed for & released on the xbox. I wouldn't hold my breath, though, since I can't recall a game other than Shadowrun that has supported that feature.

Well the new trailer credits Steamworks, so I think that answers the question right there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_eTsZXZ1LE

LordOfMeep on
    SpaceGarSig.png
  • Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So glad this is coming to PC.

I highly enjoyed it on 360, but my biggest complaint was no dedicated servers! Ragequits and connection losses would often mean the game was over.

Also, I feel like I'll do better with a keyboard+mouse as I felt like the controller was too constraining for a game like this. Hopefully it will also mean less lag, more timely updates, and better dev support.

I'm certainly buying the game again and will see you guys on the PC version.

Black_Heart on
  • TalkcTalkc Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I couldnt be happier about this. Since my 360 woes keep piling up, im glad this is gonna be on steam.

Talkc on
  • Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fats wrote: »
    I can say with 99.999% certainty that it will not support cross-platform play.

I'm happy to see it coming to the PC, I wanted to try it but I don't like paying for Gold so I never bought it.

This right here. Never bought it because I don't have a gold account, but now I have no excuse.

Igpx407 on
    edited December 2010
    Whoa, just checked the MNC website, and in the news story it mentions that the Beta starts Thursday.

Also there's apparently new content coming out in January.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This game is supposed to be pretty good, right? I think I might have to get it now that it's coming to PC.

Peewi on
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    EVERYONE WITHOUT A 360 BUY THIS.

Hell, I'll probably pick it up again and I play it every weekend on 360!

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Looks like a fun game. I'm a PC gamer exclusively so I'm glad to see MNC come to the PC. Price can't be beat either.

Maybe this will be a Freeplay Tournie at PAX EAST?!?! :D

FireWater on
  • nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    EVERYONE WITHOUT A 360 BUY THIS.

Hell, I'll probably pick it up again and I play it every weekend on 360
    !

I will be picking it up again on Steam, I have way more friends to play this with on PC.

nusu on
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    PMAvers wrote: »

Also there's apparently new content coming out in January.

yeeeeesssssss!

Love Uber (developers of this game). They update so much and are always adding content. Their level of commitment to their community is ridiculous. For example, there was this one guy who constantly posted on their main forums and spread his love about the game. He did not have an Xbox360. Last month Uber sent him an Xbox360 so he could play. So awesome.

ObiFett on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wonder if PC will be paying for the next content update.

I know that originally they had said they wanted to offer more content updates for free, but MS only allows your first DLC to be free.

I guess now we'll see just how much they meant that. :P (Not that I wouldn't gladly toss them a few extra bucks for more content)

Maddoc on
    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Althought I'm 1-2 days behind the times, I'm still very enthusiastic for tomorrow's beta.

Zoelef on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A big congratulations to Uberent for their success with MNC and moving to PC. The DotA and Sacrifice/Savage 2 players are going to flip out.

I downloaded the free DLC but didn't actually play it. I will correct this today to celebrate

EDIT - Dayum I missed a lot. They resolved the "lack of t3h blue Pitgirl," there's a new purple level, new animations, and I took a look at the rebalance sheet. I just wished turrets were more effective at shooting back at opponents. The game is still about curbstomping the other side's turrets. But the Rock It got more power, so I'll be investing in them more.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited December 2010
    Level 3 Rock-Its are now awesome, especially when hacked.

Not that the Support can now get enough kills to buy them...

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Not that is matters when one juiced Assassin, Tank, or Gunner can destroy all the turrets in your base in a few seconds.

Black_Heart on
    edited December 2010

That's another thing: being Assault is fun for me again, so I'll be assault for a while. I also noticed I still don't have enough for a fifth Custom Class slot. Rather frustrating I must say. I will not consider buying Highlights until I have all six.

Cantido on
    edited December 2010

Not that is matters when one juiced Assassin, Tank, or Gunner can destroy all the turrets in your base in a few seconds.

True, but a Level 3.3 hacked, overhealed turret in close proximity to a similarly-buffed Shave-Ice has at least some degree of resistance / damage output. More so than before.

But still not enough. Turrets need more health. And those three classes need adjusting, or Support needs a serious buff to his heal-rate (alongside everything else :P).

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
    edited December 2010

True, but a Level 3.3 hacked, overhealed turret in close proximity to a similarly-buffed Shave-Ice has at least some degree of resistance / damage output. More so than before.

But still not enough. Turrets need more health. And those three classes need adjusting, or Support needs a serious buff to his heal-rate (alongside everything else :P).

Turrets need to be able to hurt the hero units, who get away with way too much when they're fucking around in the opposing base.

Cantido on
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Was excited when I played this at PAX East this past March and the guy said that its coming out for BOTH 360 and PC. So happy I didn't get the 360 version, I HELD ON TO HOPE!

That being said someone has to make a MNC PA steam group for the joys that are sure to come tomorrow.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm sure this has been brought up/answered, but is the Beta free or do you have to pre-order to get into it?

Evil Weevil on
    edited December 2010
    What are the odds of a Warhammer mod for PC?

more_dakka.jpg

Cantido on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cantido wrote: »
    dakkadakkadakka

Nice assassin.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm sure this has been brought up/answered, but is the Beta free or do you have to pre-order to get into it?

It requires the pre-order.

Zoelef on
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Zoelef wrote: »

Soo, I snagged this for 13 bucks just today. Seems like a I just pre-ordered it, but the steam page isn't giving me any information...Any idea when the beta starts? I'm sorry, I don't want to read every page. OP said this week, but I have no idea what week it's referring to.

Anon the Felon on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Zoelef wrote: »

Soo, I snagged this for 13 bucks just today. Seems like a I just pre-ordered it, but the steam page isn't giving me any information...Any idea when the beta starts? I'm sorry, I don't want to read every page. OP said this week, but I have no idea what week it's referring to.

Beta starts tomorrow according to the Uber Entertainment site.

Maddoc on
    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    edited December 2010
    I so have a bag of Churros all prepped for tomorrow. :D

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I tried playing this on Xbox (had a ton of points so I got it there too), I am terrible at shooters on the Xbox, especially fast paced ones like this.

Here's to hoping I'm not going to do as poorly on the PC!

Anon the Felon on
    edited December 2010
    Official Steam group's up, btw.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/mnc

Has a set of MNC avatars on there for use as well.

EDIT: And beta's a-go. Relaunch Steam or have it check for a client update, and it should give you the option to install.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    With it being a measely 13$, I need to buy this game now. I loved playing the trial on my Xbox, but wanted to hold off buying the game until it came onto the PC. Now is my time!

Evil Weevil on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Downloading it now!

Peewi on
  • TalkcTalkc Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Im installing this now.

Cant wait to play with you guys.
    Thats what she said!

Talkc on