As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] Dark Sun: Freedom IC, CHAPTER 1: Workshy

12346»

• Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Convoy!

Kk'Thkk nods in agreement.
    "We go to the wall-city then to get our bits."

He then lifts one side of the cart's lashings waiting for severin to lift the other.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    WarabitWarabit Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Convoy!

Severin stands up, wiping sweat and dirt from face. He grabs his side, "Let's do this."

Warabit on
  • Options
    Owen EdwardsOwen Edwards Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Serious Offence

As quickly as his fury came, Verrasi's fury goes. He waves a hand indifferently at one of his slaves, before turning and walking over to another market stall, where he peruses the wares.

The gladiator grins at Sagudga, before saying jovially, "Well, come along, slaves. You will do finely for a contribution from the Senator to the King's Works."

Assuming Sagudga doesn't have a fantastic plan, I'll move you to enslaved next.

Owen Edwards on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Convoy

The journey to the Caravan Quarter Gate is arduous but passes peaceably enough. There is, as ever, a great queue; but it is moving fairly smoothly, for once. After showing the guards the seal of House Asticles, an agent of the family is found, who confirms their employment.

With the name Asticles behind them, Kk'thkk and Severin are hurried in and sent on their way. The cart is not, as might be expected, deposited at a warehouse; rather, the agent procures a crodlu and takes it directly to the the estate of House Asticles. Once there, it is taken by a number of servants - Agis finds it distasteful to refer to them as slaves. The agent, a short, red-haired man with a lazy eye, suddenly seems to remember something.

"Ah - yes - one thing - Agis - he asked to see you - another job - interested?" he blurts out.

Owen Edwards on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Enslaved (now with extra Serious Offence)

"I thought it was you, you freak. I can't claim I'm glad to see you. Everything in this dump takes on a dirty tint to it..."

He spits, and gestures behind him.

"I am here because I could not procure enough merchandise for His Royal Arsehole. I was brusquely informed I was a 'voluntary stand-in'. So now I work amongst this filth. You? What happened?"

The stream of slaves being brought in continues apace; now an unconscious mul and a conscious but bloodied woman are dragged in by a mul overseer and some burly slaves.

Owen Edwards on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    When she thinks she is unobserved, some of you might spy the new woman glance around, then kneel next to the unconscious man. She leans over, and whispers something in his ear.
    Throwing a majestic word at him to see if it helps.

Majestic Word (encounter, twice per encounter, arcane, healing)
    Target can spend a healing surge and gain 4 additional hp

ronrab on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Enslaved:
    K'tac reaches the two newcomers trying to get their bearings. He crouches near them making a show of looking over their wounds, pitching his voice low, causing the natural sibilance of his accent to be exaggerated. "You sseem to have more sspirit than mosst here. Resst up and tend your wounds. My tattooed friend over there," he says with a slight nod of his head towards where Targan and the dwarf are talking "and I want to be out of here as soon as posssible. You may come if you wish. You look sstrong enough to help."

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Pressganged

The templar strides forward, projecting his voice psionically and yelling “Throw down your weapons, slaves, and I will be merciful – THIS time!”

He throws an eldritch spear of energy at Thorek, smacking the nobleman straight in the chest and knocking him down stone cold unconscious (19 damage). The psion manages to hold on to life for now, though (death save = 13).

Torban feels the sting of Alakka's strike, and in turn swings his greatclub, cracking down on the slight halfling (? CHECK). The guards near Shrakk advance cautiously to either side, and both swing their halberds; the gith ducks under one, but the other catches his shoulder a glancing blow (4 damage).

Another guard flanks Alakka, but a brief surge of psychic energy from the ardent distracts him and he swings wildly over her head. The remaining guard stays in place.

Up Next: Shrakk
    On Deck: Thug

I rolled Thorek's death save for him. Suleman, Thug 5 wasn't in range of the demoralising strike burst, so I've assumed both were on Torban, in which case the second one hit; if this doesn't suit, we can rejig and you can have your AP back.

Stats:
    [strike]Thug 10/1 HP, AC 15, Fortitude 13, Reflex 11, Will 11[/strike] Killed by Shrakk
    [strike]Thug 2 0/1HP, AC 15, Fortitude 13, Reflex 11, Will 11[/strike] Killed by Shrakk
    [strike]Thug 3 0/1HP, AC 15, Fortitude 13, Reflex 11, Will 11 [/strike] Killed by Thorek
    [strike]Thug 4 0/1HP, AC 15, Fortitude 13, Reflex 11, Will 11 [/strike] Killed by Thorek
    [strike]Thug 5 1/1HP, AC 15, Fortitude 13, Reflex 11, Will 11[/strike] Killed by Shrakk
    Thug 6 (R5) 1/1HP, AC 15, Fortitude 13, Reflex 11, Will 11
    All have Mob Rule: +2 to all defences whilst within 5 squares of at least 2 other thugs.

Alakka (G8-H7) 3/26HP, AC 16, Fortitude 13, Reflex 11, Will 16, Surges: 9 (value: 6), AP: 0 {bloodied}

Templar (U7-O7) 106HP/106HP, AC 24, Fortitude 22, Reflex 22, Will 23

Torban (H8) 58/65HP, AC 16, Fortitude 15, Reflex 15, Will 14 {Earth's Strength: resist 5 all till end of his next turn, Demoralising Strike: -3 to defenses until end of Alakka's next turn}

Thorek (J8) -9/24HP, AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 15, Will 15, Surges: 6/7 (value: 6), PP:2, AP: 1 {dying}

Guard 1 (E4) 18/47HP, AC 18, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14 (Reach 2) {bloodied}
    Guard 2 (B7-E8) 47/47HP, AC 18, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14 (Reach 2)
    Guard 3 (J7-I7) 47/47HP, AC 18, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14 (Reach 2)
    Guard 4 (R9) 47/47HP, AC 18, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14 (Reach 2)

Shrakk (E6) 18/22HP, AC 17, Fortitude 12, Reflex 16, Will 14, Surges: 7 (value: 5), AP: 1

Map:
    Pressganged2-5.jpg

Owen Edwards on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Enslaved:

"I have fewer answers than options at the moment, friend. That kreen over there and I were both apparently drugged in a tavern and then here we are!

I'm sure I can come up with... options in due time."

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Enslaved

"I think I can help, yes," she murmurs, although to your eyes she looks little better than the unconscious man. "Among other things, I am excellent at distractions, diversions, and deceptions; it's sort of my specialty. Let me know what the plan is."

ronrab on
  • Options
    SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Pressganged

Shrakk moves in a blur; this time a guard falling under the assault of his fists. He turns to the Templar and tilts his head. "I am no slave. But your soldiers may be grateful if you make me an offer."
    Move: Shift to D5
    Standard: Fallen Needle on Guard 1 Fallen Needle vs Reflex: 1d20+5 17 Hit for 1d10+5 13 damage.
    Free: Centered Flurry of Blows. 2 + Wis mod (3) = 5.

18 Total damage, Guard 1 is dead. As part of Fallen Needle, Shrakk can shift 1 square away should an enemy end its move action next to him. Assume he will do so.

Squints on
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Enslaved

Jaren stirs from his slumber and tries to shout, but manages only a cough. He was alive, but once again in chains. Escape would be difficult, but unlike in the alley, Jaren would be patient.

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Convoy!

"How about you pay us for what we have done thus far before we talk about doing more." Severin snapped at the red-haired man.

Warabit on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Convoy

Kk'Thkk stands, bug-faced and stoic, awaiting an answer from the house's agent.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Convoy

The agent inhales sharply and looks at the two guards.

"Here," he mutters, passing over two bags, each with 50 square bits (gp) inside.

"Now - do you want the job?"

Owen Edwards on
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Enslaved

Jaren gives a silent nod to the bard who kept him alive, but otherwise stayed silent and still.

!Ready

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    !ready

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Convoy!

Severin grins at Kk'Thkk then takes a bag and stows it away.
    "Lead the way"

Warabit on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Convoy
    Kk'Thkk slips the bag into the folds of his chitinous exoskeleton.

"Show Kk'thkk."

Snowdown on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Enslaved!

Ready!

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Convoy

The short man looks rapidly between the human and the 'kreen.

"Agis has heard there's some iron ore ready to be carted from some of the closed mines - but no workers. They're all at that" - he jerks his thumb back at the ziggurat - "so - for the sake of the ease of mind of King Kalak, our gracious sovereign" - he says this in an uncharacteristic manner, as if reciting from memory - "my master desires you to accompany a Templar and two of High Templar Tithian's hirelings to the site and collect the material."

He pauses briefly, obviously in thought.

"Pay is another 50 squares, plus anything you find there. Dependent on the co-operation of your comrades - of course!"

Owen Edwards on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Kk'Thkk nods in agreement.

"This sound good to Kk'Thkk. Agis does not have the unfree working in the mines? How can slaves go to that", he points, "without punish?"

Snowdown on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    !ready

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png