As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Un]Official PA WH40K Gaming League! Season 2.5: The Challengeing!

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Yeah, 11EST is to late. I do have work in the morning :P

We can try for this weekend if you're free at all.

I don't think I'll be free Friday evening (though I might be), but Saturday Evening is looking promising. How late can you go?

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    fogrobfogrob Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    pollodiablo,

Never saw you on vassal. I assume something came up. NP, just let me know when you want to reschedule.

fogrob on
    My PA 40k League list can be found here.
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    susan wrote: »
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Yeah, 11EST is to late. I do have work in the morning :P

We can try for this weekend if you're free at all.

I don't think I'll be free Friday evening (though I might be), but Saturday Evening is looking promising. How late can you go?

On the weekend? until whenever.

During the week I get up at 7am for work, so I can't be playing 40k until the wee hours of the morning.

I should also be free Friday night. I don't go out quite as much as I used to, haha.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    fogrob wrote: »
    pollodiablo,

Never saw you on vassal. I assume something came up. NP, just let me know when you want to reschedule.

Sorry, I feel really bad about standing you up, but I got called in for an interview, and I didn't get a chance to post to tell you not to wait. Sorry. I'd be fine for same time tomorrow, or any time that works for you.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sorry I haven't been active much. Alright, I need to challenge somebody and fast.

How about RENEGADE ACE! Pick a time and place for me to omnom your army.

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sharp! Looks like Friday is my best night this weekend after all; I'll try to log on as soon as possible (likely around 8-9 Eastern) and I'll post here when I'm on.

susan on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sweet, tonight works well for me too.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Fogrob, I'll hop on at about 2 your time, if you're around and want to play.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sharp: I'm sorry man, it's been a weird weekend (last-minute rescues, torrential downpours, election preparations, etc). Didn't mean to bail on ya.

I'll be on for a few hours if you want to log on tonight, or perhaps next week there's a better day.

susan on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No worries, I figured something came up.

Elder - How long until Law wins?

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm on now susan.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Anyone who wants to see Necrons vs Space Marines, s**t's about to get real.

susan on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well, no guts no glory. I fought hard for the win, but it came down to the last round, finishing with one objective controlled apiece, ending in a tie... which is good enough for me, because that means I have a challenge token! It was a hard fight, with some absolutely ridiculous rolls on both sides (I think I need to ditch my bike Master of the Forge, because he has done nothing, include being shot at, at all in any of these games!)

Mazzyx, you will be next to feel my stompy wrath! You and your little orks too!

Gabe I need to redo the list. I really really don't like how it plays. I am to use to mech armies and really like them. So if you give me some time to redo I will get back to you on that.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    susan's necrons phase out!

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Susan's Necrons vs Sharp's Space Marines: Space Marines FTW!

Spearhead Seize Ground Mission. It was looking like it'd be close... then a unit of 8 Necron Warriors broke and ran right off the field. Phase-Out came not long after :( . Good Game Sharp! Now back to heavy drinking until my new codex comes along...

susan on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Well, no guts no glory. I fought hard for the win, but it came down to the last round, finishing with one objective controlled apiece, ending in a tie... which is good enough for me, because that means I have a challenge token! It was a hard fight, with some absolutely ridiculous rolls on both sides (I think I need to ditch my bike Master of the Forge, because he has done nothing, include being shot at, at all in any of these games!)

Mazzyx, you will be next to feel my stompy wrath! You and your little orks too!

Gabe I need to redo the list. I really really don't like how it plays. I am to use to mech armies and really like them. So if you give me some time to redo I will get back to you on that.

Time you've got. I'm going to be on a business trip and not getting back home til this time next week, so now Vassel for me unless I can get it to run on a balky laptop.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010

Time you've got. I'm going to be on a business trip and not getting back home til this time next week, so now Vassel for me unless I can get it to run on a balky laptop.
    PerfectStrangers.jpg?

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    A new Challenger has appeared. SageofTimes will be guiding the Tau for the greater good.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    FOGROB! I CHALLENGE THEE!

I pretty much just want to do my duty and give everyone on tier 3 a challenge token.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well, it seems my challenge was not accepted? I guess I'll just play whoever wants to then

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Well, it seems my challenge was not accepted? I guess I'll just play whoever wants to then

Well, since he hasn't played in over 2 weeks, you will swap places.

Also Mazzyx has not played in 2 weeks either, so Gabe you take his spot.

Congrats on your promotions.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Woo! another unearned promotion. I'm intimidating my way to the top!

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ok, this league is slowing down, and we have a chance that Law might actually win, so I think its time to start discussing the next league. If no one wins, the league will end by the end of this year.

I am thinking about just simplifying the rules from this league, and giving it a more solid end date. Unless people object.

Points: Games are 1500. I am thinking make a 2000 point list, and pick 1500 points from it for each game, to give some flexibility. Any thoughts?

I was thinking of it not being a challenge league, so people could play as their schedule allowed. The upside to a challenge league is that anyone can join at any time and conceivably win. The down side is there are long periods of time where several people are just waiting to be challenged, or people that have been challenged can't play anyone else until that game is done, so some people are waiting to find an opponent.

I was thinking of a Round Robin League, since it seems that people do not like to keep playing the same opponents. In this League you could Challenge anyone at any time, until you had played everyone in the league, or the League ends. 2 points for win 1 point for draw, highest total at the end wins.

Sound good?

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Alright, so I guess I just have to go unseat Law then :p

-Puts up his fists- Someone on the tier above me (Tier 2) let us freely exchange cuture, in the hopes of peace!

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Go for it, buddy. I need some new opponents.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    so i was last challenged on the 14th that means free token right/

Huntzy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well it might, but moridin just challenged you, albeit in a very unspecific manner, so I suggest you play him.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It was rather unspecific, but I have a bad habit of choosing people that are never there.

I'm totally cool with playing you, if you are up to it.

EDIT: And technically I challenged him 15 days after his last challenge. So....maybe free token anyways?

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    im cool with playing moridin

Huntzy on
  • Options
    SageofTimesSageofTimes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mazzy, fisticuffs, at dawn!

SageofTimes on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thanks to someone pming me but I am going to actually drop out for now. Life has been a mix of busy and just really off schedule that I just keep forgetting about this thread and such. When things all return to a nice schedule I will let y'all know.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Whoops! I'm also available for a game this week. Any night this week after 6:30-7pm EST.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Who in tier 4 is up for a game? Is fogrob still around?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well fogrob was challenged by extream, you get promoted since mazzy dropped out.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh, well then. How about Tier 2? How about Susan, again? Necrons still scare me.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    SageofTimesSageofTimes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ElderCat! Sandwiches! At dawn!

SageofTimes on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh, well then. How about Tier 2? How about Susan, again? Necrons still scare me.

Sure, though it's gotta be at least Thursday of this week (stupid election week...), maybe longer. Let me know what days work best for ya.

susan on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thursday would be fine. What time would work?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ElderCat! Sandwiches! At dawn!
    Ok, it's dawn ... where are you?

Just kidding, I will be available tomorrow night.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thursday would be fine. What time would work?

No idea. Actually Friday may be better; I may still be unconscious on Thursday, depending on how Tuesday turns out.

susan on