Options

Blazblue Continuum Shift 2- CS2 patch and Platinum coming in May, CS2 patch free

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So valk looks pretty good and strong early on.

Still gonna wait till plat comes out and then get them both together.

Fuck makoto.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There was a Makoto vs Valk match where the Valk player straight up just fucking booted her out of 3C like one of those old cartoons where a cop or something would kick some hobo out of a hotel.

In my head I could almost hear him say all proper and butlery, "None of -THAT- shit, young miss."

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    3C is bad
    people should stop using it all the time

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Blue map wrote: »
    If i'm going to try and learn Tsubaki should i bother with the challenge mode?

Challenge mode teaches you a great basic combo for Tsubaki.

BB, 2CC, CC, or something.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Honestly, I would wait to see what changes they make to Tsubaki before trying her.

She is fun but her low damage output and the difficulty it takes to get good damage will probably frustrate after a while.

That being said her tutorials do teach you her basic combos, so I would at least try the first 5-7 ones.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Blue map wrote: »
    If i'm going to try and learn Tsubaki should i bother with the challenge mode?

Challenge mode teaches you a great basic combo for Tsubaki.

BB, 2CC, CC, or something.

To be exact.

BB, 2BB, CC, 236B, 214B, 22B is her pretty much go to combo. You can also D cancel this string in the BB/2BB part for extra shenanigans on block.

It does terrible damage, but BB straight up stuffs pretty much anything, and you can almost always get the full combo.

If you land her 2CC(Low) or her 6CC(Hit's crouching), you can aircombo into her charge, which is a nice safe way to get stocks. I believe it's BB, jump cancel, CC, 214A, 236B, D(For charging in midair)

Her charge combo's are a different beast though, but once you get used to these, you'll see what you can do.

Transporter on
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I just got this game and while I can't afford a stick, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and pick up the 2 DLC characters from the PSN store. Are they worth the 8 dollar (a piece) price tags?

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well. Depends on whatever you want to pick them up or not.

Makoto is fun but pretty technical.

Haven't had a chance to use Valk yet because I'm 360 krew.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dat werewolf

The matchup I really want to see now though is Valk vs Nu/Lambda

Beezel on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    In theory, will I be able to throw my money at PSN for a werewolf butler at some point today?

Beezel on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah...I put the points on my Xbox and everything and I still see no Valk.

I am disappoint.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    xbox is getting it even laterrrrrrrr

woooooo

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    PSN should be out now.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    yup, just grabbed him.

Beezel on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    mkay, after messing around with him for some hours, I'm really surprised at how mobile he is. The wolf-form command dash covers a lot of ground in a very short amount of time. He's rather technical of a fighter. At first glance I thought he'd play like Ragna if Ragna required more than half a brain to play correctly, which is only half right. each one of his combos is Half-ragna which then turns into half-tao only with situational mobility and cranked up damage. It's pretty neat really.

Beezel on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fighting some Valkenhayns right now. He seems like a beast in the corner.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    He has some pretty crazy cross-up shenanigans potential from mid-screen as well.
    (w)j.B isn't head invincible is it? It seems like it's beating out a lot after (w)5C

Beezel on
  • Options
    MirrorMirror Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I can't wait for Platinum, i guess they should be releasing her sooner than usual, from the vid in BBCS II.

Mirror on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jesus H.

Beezel on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    tsmc.jpg

New matchup chart straight from the great Nippon, or at least I'm pretty sure it is.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Seems about right.

I always though Lambda, Hazama, and Tager should be higher than they were listed.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Tager was where he was all the time. o_O

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I remember a list where he was like...between Tsubaki and Rachel.

This was some months ago mind you. I really don't keep up with tier lists that much.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure people discovered pretty quickly how bad tsubaki and rachel is. :lol:

I'm still wondering about the list, but it seems legit so far, though there are some questionable matchups to me.

Then again, I'm a scrub so what would I know?

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    why does everyone hate mu

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I like Mu. And actually if you look at this tier list the people in the middle are pretty close together as far as numbers go.

It is just the bottom and top 5 that divide split the list apart.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think Mu's great personally.

I'm kind of surprised her matchup against Tager isn't higher. From my experience, Mu has a pretty noticeable advantage against him.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    CyborgZeta wrote: »
    I think Mu's great personally.

I'm kind of surprised her matchup against Tager isn't higher. From my experience, Mu has a pretty noticeable advantage against him.

She certainly isn't as good as Lambda at keeping him out, but I'd agree that it should at least be a slight advantage. Still, her position isn't bad. "Tied with Arakune" is pretty good.

Overall looks pretty good to me, no particular complaints. Kinda curious where Valk is going to go, he's looking pretty fucking good.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    actually she's better than lambda at keeping him out

literally 5C and j.C win the game
    and mu is not afraid of sparkbolt

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well. Lambda does have the advantage in that most of Mu's damage comes from mid to close range while Lambda can get good damage from way further away.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    what kind of tager gets hit with a combo at max range

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well. At max range against Lambda, Tager's best options are usually to sit and take it or try to sledge through the attacks.

Neither option is all that great.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    charge + back dash until you guess correctly and jump in
    of course it's not much better at midrange, but you could also try to hit with sparkbolt

also against mu his options are... sit and take it or try to get through, except his spark bolt doesn't work
    and it's much harder to dodge and approach with lasers

and mu can actually guard break at max range, unlike lambda. and tager can't backdash through lasers most of the time, either

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    played some CT with my friend
    it's so stiff

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    and mu can actually guard break at max range, unlike lambda. and tager can't backdash through lasers most of the time, either

The fuck?

214D/DC +236D/DC pretty much keeps tager back and is pretty much the best chance of being able to guard break him.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I wonder if CT still has an online community.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Then again, I'm a scrub so what would I know?

t cj there was one player match up on xbl, i didn't check ranked

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I really hope that ArcSystem releases an update in the future that let's you back out of ranked matches at the confirm screen.

Played a 3 bar Hazama today that felt more like 0, then I got rematched with him and had to go back to the dashboard.

Dragkonias on