Options

Blazblue Continuum Shift 2- CS2 patch and Platinum coming in May, CS2 patch free

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Then again, I'm a scrub so what would I know?

:x

For serious though swords > lasers.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    nope!

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    You're wrong, but don't worry.

Fucking kitty missiles will own us all.

Also, I haven't played this game in like months now. Goddamn exams//folio work/uni applications.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You're wrong, but don't worry.

Fucking kitty missiles will own us all.

Also, I haven't played this game in like months now. Goddamn exams//folio work/uni applications.
    i can't be wrong

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh online Ragna's and your DP spam. Why do you love giving me 3k combos so.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Because INFERNO DIVIDER.
    INFERNO DIVIDER!!

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

3k is all? who are you playing, jin?

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

3k is all? who are you playing, jin?

Yes. 3.5k is usually the best I can get without 60+ meter.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Then again, I'm a scrub so what would I know?

:x

For serious though swords > lasers.
    This is true in that a Mu vs Lamda matchup is almost always in Lambda's favor.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    imo mu vs lambda is 5-5

also t dragkonias: yeah, sucks to be jin i guess. i recently started playing him again and it's fun, but i sure wish i did an extra 1k damage on all my combos like a top tier

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    True. Well, I still play him because he's my favorite character and I have fun with him.

That being said some improvements would be nice. Honestly, if the loketest changes stick I'd be pretty happy.

Could be worse though, Rachel could be my favorite. :P

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wish Hakubro and Jin would switch playstyles. I'm not a fan of Jin's person.
    Yes I am the guy who plays fighting game characters he thinks are the coolest personality-wise

Don't hate

Kazaka on
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kazaka wrote: »
    I wish Hakubro and Jin would switch playstyles. I'm not a fan of Jin's person.
    Yes I am the guy who plays fighting game characters he thinks are the coolest personality-wise

Don't hate
    Why would I hate? I do it too. Though, I don't play Ragna anymore due to the large amount of people that play him and the equally large amount of people that frown on him.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Is it the standard, or do people go for playstyle regardless of character? Of course there's tierwhores too...

I mean, usually I'll come to appreciate them over time, like at first I thought Mitsurugi was sort of generic samurai but I learned to appreciate his badassery (to use a SC example). But some characters are just intolerable, regardless of how much I like to play as them.

"Yes, I won! ...Ugh, but I won as Rufus..."

Kazaka on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    But ... if you want them to switch playstyle and persona, arn't you just playing Hakumen at that point? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Edit:

Never mind, you want a Hakumen that plays like Jin. I get it. Don't agree with it, because I think Hakumen is awesome. But I get it.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Kazaka wrote: »
    Is it the standard, or do people go for playstyle regardless of character? Of course there's tierwhores too...

I mean, usually I'll come to appreciate them over time, like at first I thought Mitsurugi was sort of generic samurai but I learned to appreciate his badassery (to use a SC example). But some characters are just intolerable, regardless of how much I like to play as them.

"Yes, I won! ...Ugh, but I won as Rufus..."

Well it depends.

I tend to play more than one character and it is usually 50/50. I mostly play characters with playstyles I like, but at the same time I understand the virtues of playing with a good character.

That being said I've can't say I've ever started playing with a person because people told me they were the best person to play with.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    But ... if you want them to switch playstyle and persona, arn't you just playing Hakumen at that point? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Edit:

Never mind, you want a Hakumen that plays like Jin. I get it. Don't agree with it, because I think Hakumen is awesome. But I get it.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I hate Hakumen's playstyle, I just like Jin's a little more, but I really can't bring myself to go all Jin fan mode because I just don't like the guy.

Kazaka on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So Blazblue thread what is up? I recently borrowed this game from a friend cause I have other things to spend my money on (adult things like rent and food mirite?) and finally got in some decent playtime without getting roflstomped by him

So I play hazama, and I have his combos down, and such...meaning I know WHAT to do, but I have trouble actually DOING it.

What I mean by that- I know that his distortion kick (serpent's benediction?) is an amazing counter-move, and is good to add into combos. I just have a problem actually pulling it off either in a reactionary manner, or during a combo. I play on the PS3, and don't have one of those joystick boxes, and obviously if I can barely afford the game, I can't afford one of those.

What is throwing me, I think, is that I used to play a lot of MvC, and I never had a lot of trouble comboing or countering things with super moves, but suddenly I can't even get a 236236B off when I want to.

and I have even more trouble when I have to do it from the other side of the screen (214214B)

I guess the question is- how fast do I have to be in order to pull it off, and how much is it affected by previous inputs?

Arch on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You shouldn't have to rush to do the input. Take your time and do both motions, you should have enough time (obviously unless someone is flying at you and you are trying to counter them with it). This game usually doesn't let you get away with missing directions, so it might help to turn on the input display in training mode and make sure you are hitting the diagonal and making it to the last 6 every time.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    You shouldn't have to rush to do the input. Take your time and do both motions, you should have enough time (obviously unless someone is flying at you and you are trying to counter them with it). This game usually doesn't let you get away with missing directions, so it might help to turn on the input display in training mode and make sure you are hitting the diagonal and making it to the last 6 every time.

I didn't know you could do that! Gonna mess around in training later and see how I am fucking this up

Arch on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    When in doubt, input earlier and slower.

That's been my experience so far.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    usually faster isn't a problem so long as your B is still timed right relative to the motion
    but what might be happening is you get like 23623B6 or something

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    so i had the input strings on last night, and i was getting even more frustrated

seeing 236236B at the bottom of the screen yet without distortion activation was gettin' me pissed

I think I am still a bit fuzzy on command input timing

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    you must be doing it too slow, then
    mash that shit out

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Also, if you're still having trouble with it after today just give me your gamertag. It'd probably be easier for us to give you advice if we see how you do the movement.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Also, if you're still having trouble with it after today just give me your gamertag. It'd probably be easier for us to give you advice if we see how you do the movement.

Zinnar2 on PSN

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    This is a new video from the new loketest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wihNs63ixEo

Antihippy on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    what....what the hell did I just see?

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Exactly how blazblue should play like.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That last one was a full on cutscene.

Kazaka on
  • Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Are some of those moves new? I've never seen them before. Granted i don't have too much exposure to BBCS and a rarely see distortion finishes.

H*R on
    Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That's weird.

Except for the Arakune one, that's basically how my matches against him went.

Edit: Except for splitting into two, that hakumen one should be in the game. He really should have more crazy distortions (visually) considering he's supposed to be insanely powerful when powered up.

Vic_Hazard on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That is exactly what should happen when I play as Tager. You get grabbed, you never stop getting grabbed.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    New Loketest update
    A CS2 loctest is happening right now, some guy is tweeting about the changes.
    http://twitter.com/ushidonburi

Noel
    - Noel D moves changed
    - Bloom Trigger slides
    - No more HAIDA combos
    - Noel SPRING RAID knocks across the screen, can't followup unless in corner. 5D even slower.
    Karuru
    - Clap air blockable
    - Clap interruptable
    - NEE-SAN anima (grab) buffed quite a bit, has full armor now
    Tao
    - Tao 6C slides
    - Tao D moves different somehow
    - Tao j2D hits more downwards, hard to use in combos
    - Tao 6B slower, but will combo into 5B on crouching opponents
    Tsubaki
    - Tsubaki grab no longer followable by 6C or 214D
    - Tsubaki charge puts her in CH-able state
    - Tsubaki j236A faster, knocks upwards, actually usuable in combos
    Tager
    - Tager sledge followup faster and moves him forward
    Jin
    - Jin 5D much faster
    ( ◇)
    - Hakumen nerfed so hard, I can't even write it all down. He might even be the weakest now
    Rachel
    - Pumpkin buffed, maybe. Doesn't go away on hit? Can't really tell.
    Platinum
    - Platinum dash pretty fast, long airdash as well
    Hazama
    - Hazama 5B 3C 214D~C doesn't connect anymore. Might be replaced with 5B 3C 214D~B since 3C lifts higher now?
    - Chain doesn't replenish gauge on block

*Remember all changes are not permanent.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Haha Tsubakis charge is a free CH, boo Hakumen nerfs.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Holy shit.

Hazama nerf is potentially fucking huge.

Also, platinum stuff translated by ronove.

Her astral heat is apparently starlight breaker. :lol:

101008cs202.jpg

Drive
    - Pressing the D button will randomly select one among 6 types of equipment/modes for her staff. After selecting, various techniques corresponding to the staff mode can be used (with certain restrictions).
    - The following staff mode is notified at the bottom through the symbol next to the word NEXT
    - At the beginning of the match she doesn't carry any staff with her (probably meaning that you have to press D to make it appear)
    - Everytime you push D with the equipped staff the number of times you can use the associated technique will decrease until the staff disappears becoming unequipped.
    - Pressing the D button again once the staff has disappeared will make it appear again with the next type of equipment.

The type of magic equipment are:
    - Bomb (6 times)
    - Neko (5 times)
    - Bin (4 times)
    - Hammer (3 times)
    - Missiles (3 times)
    - Frying Pan (4 times)

Character's Features:
    - Good speed, good airdash
    - Her airdash covers a lot of range, giving her the possibility of comfortably attacking in the air without falling easily on the ground
    - Since her attacks with her staff don't have a long reach, her special projectile moves do the job of covering long range fighting instead.
    - Since her special moves are controlled randomly, she is a character that heavily depends on the situation she's in (TLnote: I guess it's referring to what power she has equipped, position, situation etc)

Special Moves
    - Dream Sally (214A/B/C)
    - Swallow Moon (j.236C)
    - Mami Circular (236B)
    - Air Persia (236A - also executable in air) - followups A/B/C (up to three times) - tramples down the opponent from above with her pogo stick; the followups change the landing place, while the C followup is an aerial ender that earns more damage and okizeme.
    - Dramatic Sammy (41236D) - command grab: searches for the opponent while ground-dashing; grabs and imprisons the opponent inside a "heart" and blows it off. 1500 Damage.
    - Mystique Momo (214D, when weapons are equipped)
    - Foreign Melody (22C on knocked down opponent); it might be possible to push the opponent towards the corner from the slide down

Distortion Drives
    - Miracle Jeanne (236236D)- install super, the staff is equipped with "enhanched magic", can only be used once and when it wears off the staff is unequipped
    - Cure Dot Typhoon (632146C)

Astral Heat
    - 236236C (looks like Nanoha's Starlight Breaker)

Antihippy on
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was debating subbing Platinum just to troll my friends, but that actually sounds like a character i want to play.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    She's loli faust.

Immediately awesome.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    MirrorMirror Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh YEAH, looks like Platinum is matches alot with all my tastes, and she's fast and looks like a very strong character :D.

Mirror on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    View Post
    Ragna:
    + 5B > 6A gattling added back
    + C, 2C > 6A gattling added
    + ground gauntlet hades can be followed up
    + during blood kain 6D > 6D combos
    - 6A range reduced
    - 2C slower
    - 2D doesn't remove primer

Jin:
    No other obvious changes
    + 5D start up faster but shorter freeze time, can combo from 5C

Noel:
    + C haida bounces higher, can perform combos from further away
    + optic barrel start up faster
    + 6A hits crouched opponent
    + 5C can jc even on block
    + chain revolver moves have increased speed
    + bloom trigger slides opponents hit on ground
    - C haida bounces higher so higher dmg combos require more skill
    - 5D slower than at AM show. Pauses a moment before coming out. Distance is longer
    - Spring raid launches more horizontally. If not in corner cannot follow up
    - no more long haida loops
    - overall dmg decreased

Rachel:
    + pumpkin speed increased. can cross the screen in an instant. not sure on this.
    + tempest dahlia start up faster?, needs confirmation
    + 5C>C slide untechable time increased
    - Initial wind recovery slow, but after a while it speeds up
    - 6A weaker than it was in 1st loketest. back to CS standard?

Taokaka:
    + 6B combos to 5B on crouching opponents (applies to all characters)
    + cat spirit 2 slides
    - jB now hits mid instead of high like in AM show. j2B no change.
    - jD cannot cancel into cat spirit 2
    - 6C slides, cannot pick up unless in corner. (but it seems 2C FC > 6C still wallbounces)
    - if different jD aren't inputted Tao drops to the ground straight away
    - jDs slightly changed, j2D now better against ground opponents but hard to combo with
    - 6C slides, so almost becoming 2 combos are gone

Tager:
    voltic charge command now 214D
    + magnetism pull now stronger
    + 6A can now be held to pull in opponent
    + can gadget after 360A
    + sledge hammer much faster
    + 4D pulls more
    - 5D only pulls opponent during active frames
    - 5C cannot combo into 6A

Arakune:
    - Arakune's D Bug now falls faster, less damage

Litchi:
    no changes known
    maybe tomorrow?

Bang:
    + still under investigation
    - ground dashes during furinkazan are shorter

Carl:
    + anima has super armour. when hit will flash red
    + 3D forces downed opponents to rise. After ground throw 3C can be used to pick up and combo
    + 8D breaks 1 guard primer
    - 8D can be blocked in air

Hakumen:
    renka is now 236B
    5 primers (down from 6)
    + All C moves come out faster
    + 4BC recovery reduced, can follow up in corner
    + 6B damage increased.
    + 623A cancelable during movement.
    - 3C > 3C doesn't combo anymore
    - renka wall bounces. can follow up with 6C
    - hotaru wall bounces. can follow up with 6C
    - enma floats higher, harder to follow up
    - tsubaki slides, can only follow up in the corner
    - Slower magatama recovery.
    - MUGEN: after gauge depletes, will not increase for at least 6 seconds.
    - Yukikaze: will only show superflash after a successful counter. Gauge depletes on use either way. AH still has superflash. (Was this in the first loketest? Not sure.)

Lambda:
    + 4B faster start up, shorter recovery
    + Sickle might have faster start up, quicker recovery, hits 6 times
    - gravity seed now stuns instead of floats. on CH seems to stun longer
    - 4D moves her backwards, harder to combo.
    - Throw can't combo into 6A, can followup with 2D.
    - Calamity damage decreased.

Tsubaki:
    + j236A faster start up, can be used in combos now
    + 5D charges half a gauge in an instant, has fastest recovery of all Ds.
    + 236 -> 214 doesn't combo, but 236 -> 22 does.
    - untechable slide time from her throw reduced, even in corner 6C and 214D cannot combo
    - charging puts her in CH state

Hazama:
    6A->Jayoku works (I don't even know why this is listed, maybe didn't work in loketest 1?)
    Air throw can be followed up by Zaneiga (214D~C).
    + 214D~C now makes the opponent spin in the air(?)
    - 3C knocks opponent upwards
    - cannot cancel throws into chain
    - jC: no longer jump cancelable?

Makoto:
    Valkenhayn:

both characters exactly like the way they were in the 1st loketest.

Dragkonias on