As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MURPG] Marvel Universe RPG X-Academy: Issues...I think we all have issues here!

• samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It would explode like a normal grenade in the boom sense.

samurai6966 on
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What does the wall appear to be made out of?

Crimson Phantom on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So do I try and find out who the mystery person is ...or do I finally take someone down and attempt to royally mess up the Juggernaut wannabe?

Egos on
    edited March 2011
    The wall is standard concrete with steel rebar for support. And You can do what you want, Egos.

samurai6966 on
    edited March 2011
    so Samurai seemed rather antsy for me to post, despite the fact that I'm out of state.

Since my intent was to kill someone, i wanted to make the post rather dramatic as opposed to...well

"attempt to kill" so if he fails I can edit. Apologies in advance for this, but it's kinda I know sam wants to get things moving and I have no idea how things flow (e.g. things stop for a week and such, so it seems like he might have some days free and others not .etc.)

I'll edit it if it doesn't succeed.

I know Vane had 8 stones at least.

Also. the "You still have time" line is in reference to (paraphrasing) "make peace with his god " if he believes in one. Alternatively he can say F-U which I fully expect if I succeeded.

Egos on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So...how does one come back from unconsciousness and such?

Farangu on
    edited March 2011
    Right now, Farangu, you have 2 red stones for health. Should you take any more damage, you will go into "Needs a hospital" state and then dead. To recover, you have to either wake up after a few hours of sleep and you will have 1 white stone of health, or have something that wakes you up, like a good slap to the face, cold water poured on you, ect. Then you will have only 2 red stones of health, can't regain energy, but you can act, move, talk, ect.

Also, I'm not antsy, Egos. I didn't know you were at PAX East and just gave a friendly reminder.

samurai6966 on
    edited March 2011
    So...what's up with our little band of tunnel mutants? Do we make it out safe and sound?

Crimson Phantom on
    edited March 2011
    You are at the tunnel. I'm waiting on seeing what vwinds is going to do. If he doesn't think there is something he wants to do, then he can say it here and I'll continue.

samurai6966 on
    edited March 2011
    so my attack should have done more damage... :I not sure if it will get altered or not.. Hoping it does at it is just me standing alone and my only hope is pulling a Dr . Frankenstein on Farangu.

Which I'm curious if that could work. Graft the fallen sign to Mr. Wizard's Arm. "BECOME the MASTER CONDUCTOR, WIZARD! FULFILL YOUR DESTINY"

Egos on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sorry. Been sick and working long hours the last couple days.
    Does Svet have time to quickly change into her actual clothes and gear up?
    If yes, she'll be doing that. If not, she'll create some fog as a distraction.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited March 2011
    First, I'm confused on what you are talking about, Egos.

Second, you haven't had time to change, vwinds, unless you did so while running (it's only taken 30 secs or so to get from the door to the tunnel.

samurai6966 on
    edited March 2011
    First, I'm confused on what you are talking about, Egos.

Well I should have said I thought my attack should have dealt more damage because my state gave a bonus that you said you didn't take into account in the pms.

edit:
    if you mean franken Farangu. I was just musing about possible solutions to dealing with the conflict without getting knocked out. One being using my power to fuse metal to Wizard' arm so he can like super charge electricity but I can't do that :D to my knowledge

Egos on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Then why are you asking me for an action other than running if there's no time for anything else? I am throughly confused.

vagrant_winds on
    edited March 2011
    I was asking if you would like to do something. You are are lizard women running with a member of the blue man group. Think about how you might hide in the crowd right now but doing it on the fly.

And yes, Egos, Vane can't graph metal onto other people from the way I understood your power. You have to keep contact with it, right?

samurai6966 on
    edited March 2011
    Well, if no one post by the end of the day, I'll go on like Gabriel and Fang just ran straight into the crowd and try to get in the tunnel with 5 Guards there.

Egos, it's been your turn for a week now too. The extra damage I forgot to add only did 1 more point of damage, which still isn't enough to take him down, but it is extra damage. Also, there may be special events happening that could cause you to miss so when you do attack, leave it open to that possibility. Not saying you will miss, but don't say you stabbed him. Say to try to stab him.

samurai6966 on
    edited March 2011
    I did say I would edit it and to my knowledge you didn't have your npcs that were still standing make their move.

edit...

Actually I'm a bit confused..
    I assumed Eidolon creating the Psi Weapon was his turn

Eidolon, Vane, M1, [strike]M2[/strike], Wild Kitty, [strike]M3[/strike], M4, M5,[strike]Mr. Wizard[/strike], Hacker, H1

So is it just 1. Eidolon 2. Vane now to simplify things or is something else going on?

Egos on
    edited March 2011
    Hey samurai, can you put up a quick map of the tunnel for Fang and I? If everyone is still climpped together I might toss a flashbang and/or a smoke bomb into the mix

Crimson Phantom on
    edited March 2011
    Egos, the creation and use of the Psi-weapons was one turn. You can do multiple moves as long as you have energy. Also, I have simplified things as you have the real Eidolon now. Wild Kitty and Hacker are holding off the others and I wanted to speed this fight up.

Crimson, everyone is bunched up at the Tunnel entrance. No need for a map yet.

samurai6966 on
    edited March 2011
    Ok, well if Fang doesn't do anything I'll throw a flashbang into the middle of everyone

Crimson Phantom on
    edited March 2011
    Sick atm,so I'll post tomorrow.

Few questions.
    1. Anything on the roof? Cover of any sorts (I'm guessing no?)

2.Is jumping off the other side equivalent to abandoning the group or is anything(that) a valid tactic (e.g. if I wanted to lure Eidolon after me)?

(asking because I'm low on energy)

Egos on
    edited March 2011
    Ok, well if Fang doesn't do anything I'll throw a flashbang into the middle of everyone

Anything I can do at the moment would require prep time we haven't had. Just been waiting for Samurai to post.

vagrant_winds on
    edited March 2011
    So I'm assuming that the giant rectangle next to the control panel is the door to the tunnel, am I right?

Crimson Phantom on
    edited March 2011
    Yeah.

samurai6966 on
    edited March 2011
    Ok, so one last question before I move. Can I get an inventory of all the stuff I took from the room? Just so I know what I have lol.

Crimson Phantom on
    edited March 2011
    Did you grab a bag to put things in?

samurai6966 on
    edited March 2011
    You said I couldn't find one, so I took off my security shirt and made a quick sling out of it. It wasn't doing me any good since I was blue by then anyways.

Crimson Phantom on
    edited March 2011
    You were able to gather 3 flash and 2 real grenades. You also have one disk-like thing that you have never seen before.

samurai6966 on
    edited March 2011
    You also have one disk-like thing that you have never seen before.

"Debbie does Mojoverse" . 8-)

Egos on
    edited March 2011
    and so the battle is lost. as I inevitably get my armor eaten away and do zero damage. but have to keep things moving

Egos on
    edited March 2011
    You could always try to get away. Use your psi-armor to eat up the ground below you and drop a level down, then escape to recover some health

Crimson Phantom on
    edited March 2011
    You could always try to get away. Use your psi-armor to eat up the ground below you and drop a level down, then escape to recover some health

we did get the "objective"

and I would only be able to get some very lame bonus considering this is what using 7 psi got me O_O.

Egos on
    edited March 2011
    lol that's why I like my power, I picked cause it's cool, fits my guy, and is super versatile.

Crimson Phantom on
    edited March 2011
    lol that's why I like my power, I picked cause it's cool, fits my guy, and is super versatile.

too late for me now :(

Egos on
    edited March 2011
    If you survive this round, I think I might have a plan. If you'd like to hear it

Crimson Phantom on
    edited March 2011
    Also, failing the mission isn't the worst thing. You won't get a lot of lines, but I'm not going to kill you...

samurai6966 on
    edited March 2011
    lovely

Egos on
    edited March 2011
    lol that's right I forgot that you can take the, "I get knocked out" route as opposed to the D&D death route.

Edit: So I was looking for your power (Psi-Transmutation) in the books but I didn't see it. Is it a custom version of Psi-Weapon?

Crimson Phantom on
    edited March 2011
    It is a custom power we worked on making for him. It's kinda like FMA and gets it's stat bonuses from the type of material it is using and how it's being used. We spend a few days working on the details... I still have most of the PMs we sent between us.

samurai6966 on
    edited March 2011
    Ok sounds cool. I was just gonna look it up to see if I could help him out in this hairy situation

Crimson Phantom on