edited September 2010
    i told you man

i told you about public IPs, bro

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    TraikanTraikan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I've narrowed the problem down to OpenGL.

Other OpenGL applications run fine, I even grabbed an OpenGL benchmarker and it works fine too.

Does anyone know anything about how Minecraft handles OpenGL?

Traikan on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    After messing with Minecraft Classic all day, I caved and bought the alpha. I'm AaronKI in the game and I'll probably be poking my head into the PA servers. I'm giving advance warning so you know I'm not a terrorist/griefer.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    man, putting down a pressure plate makes an airbubble in that block

that ruined my idea for a cool little batcave for my boat that opens when i get near it, man i really wanted to be able to dock my boat right into the underground part of my castle with automatic doors

edit: man, man

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    As tasteless as it is to do that to Rapture, did any of you take photos? I'm certain, while disappointing, the carnage was epic?

But seriously, stuff like that is freaking ridiculous.

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    i told you man

i told you about public IPs, bro
    sweete.jpg

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    NibrocNibroc Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm devastated Rapture was attacked. I was looking forward to seeing it!

Nibroc on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    love you sporky

also, my idea for the boatcave wouldn't even have worked because even in 1 block deep water boats don't hit pressure plates under water

not cool man

need redstone motion sensors

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Hung BunnyHung Bunny Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Couldn't you just put a redstone switch that you press as you go past for now? I know it's not as cool as it being automatic but it's close.

Hung Bunny on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man don't hide the IPs, that is a pain in the ass. Just don't get so worked up over losing some stuff until the proper countermeasures are in place. Building new things is more fun than just looking at the same places safe and sound again and again anyway.

Zek on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Zek wrote: »
    Man don't hide the IPs, that is a pain in the ass. Just don't get so worked up over losing some stuff until the proper countermeasures are in place. Building new things is more fun than just looking at the same places safe and sound again and again anyway.

How is it a pain at all? It's not like we need a steady stream of new people, we've got enough to keep servers populated here, and it's incredibly easy to write an IP down somewhere. I just emailed them to myself so I can copy paste easily.

There's just no good way to keep track of things and there is nothing so disheartening as having worked on a project for hours to discover somebody stopped by when nobody else was around and demolished everything. The only way to stop that is to stop the random people from being able to visit.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    And to be honest most people will send you the ip's in a pm if you ask for them in the thread.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hung Bunny wrote: »
    Couldn't you just put a redstone switch that you press as you go past for now? I know it's not as cool as it being automatic but it's close.

true, but i'd much rather it'd be automatic, not only for the cool factor, but i guarantee at least once a day i'll be goin straight at The Boatcave at full speed and miss the button and blammo RIGHT INTO THE WALL

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

How is it a pain at all? It's not like we need a steady stream of new people, we've got enough to keep servers populated here, and it's incredibly easy to write an IP down somewhere. I just emailed them to myself so I can copy paste easily.

There's just no good way to keep track of things and there is nothing so disheartening as having worked on a project for hours to discover somebody stopped by when nobody else was around and demolished everything. The only way to stop that is to stop the random people from being able to visit.

I don't want to see the Minecraft community go into lockdown because you guys are so desperate for your projects to live forever. If somebody griefs, get them banned, fix what they broke and move on with your day. They're not going to spend the time to take things apart piece by piece. Eventually I think we should have a peaceful server with no fire for this sort of thing, until then I say just put up with it.

Zek on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

This, it's simply the nature of the aimless sandbox gameplay right now. Sucks that someone tried to fuck with all that hard work (chatter in the server sounds like the recovery effort is going very well :)), but creative is over there :arrow:. When monsters are working are people gonna whine about turning off creepers? cause fact is, they're gonna grief the hell out of anything we make 10x worse than some fool with a pickaxe

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    working with Creepers are going to be a necessity. If you can't work around creepers, you shouldn't play.

Besides, when monsters go active, you can kill players.

I'm with Zeks. At this point, no use worrying because it's not irreparable. Albeit, still shitty, but it can be fixed. And while TNT will be rather bad news in the future, I think it will be limited because you'll be dying a lot more.

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How do you work around creepers any ways?

I lost my sweet hobbit hole to one of those gooses.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I can't even really play but I think hiding the IPs is a good idea.

However, it's ultimately up to whoever is hosting the server.

If there's enough interest in a public IP server, someone will host one.

Traikan on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The PA group on steam has them listed. If someone wants to play with us they join the steam group. If they don't have steam they pm someone who does.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    LandeydaLandeyda Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Could someone send me an invite to the Steam group?

Landeyda on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There's no reason not to hide the server IP. It's not like it changes every day and you have to solve the daily jumble to learn it again. Throw the IPs in a .txt file on your desktop. New people? PM someone in this thread with a glowing orange light, check the Steam group chat room, or make a post asking for someone to PM it to you.

I guarantee you could get the IP within 10 minutes at any time of day using one of those methods. It is not harming anything to hide them.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ZaximusZaximus Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Long time lurker, first time Minecrafter - I'm hopping on the Underdark to see what's happening!

Zaximus on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've gone mad with power and taken off the ips. Ask in steam chat or msg or whatever.

If the hosts themselves do want them listed, PM ME

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Further research indicates Nvidia drivers, OpenGL, 64 bit operating systems and Minecraft do not play nice together. Still no solution.

Fuck it.

I'm going to bed.

Traikan on
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm in favor of privatizing the server ip(s).

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Rapture has been restored to its former glory.

Ein on
  • Options
    JerickJerick Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yay for server backups. Boo for douchebags.

Jerick on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Posted by some guy on the official forums linked for filesize

Yes please

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have been wanting rotating blocks for a while....If that is actually an inkling of what might happen....oh god.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Guys do me a favor and don't replant the section of forest I cut down in the Lower Underdark, near the farm.
    I'm going to extend the farm just a hair, so I need that section cleared for a bit. I'm tired now so I'm just going to sleep and finish up tomorrow. I put all the wood I have and all the wood I got chopping it all down into the Storehouse. There's an entire column and a half of 64 units of just logs, plus a bunch of processed lumber so we should be fine. I also didn't cut down the entire forest. I wanna improve the reed farm maybe because it's dark but I'm just gonna do this one section at a time.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    New comic is up and it is about Minecraft, can't wait for the newspost

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Part One?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ianator wrote: »
    Part One?

"Punch trees for wood.
    Make sticks.
    ???."

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    PROFIT!

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So with the influx of players we're going to see after this comic series, I think it's even more important that the server IPs remain private.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fleck0 wrote: »

Yes please

Oh. My. God.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have heard him suggest that the game is crack, but it's more like all of the ingredients and equipment that you need to make crack, which I'd say is worse. It's like: give a man some crack, and he'll... but if you teach him to make crack, and then... There must be a saying that explains all this, surely.

Will be interesting how long Minecraft holds gabe's attention for.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fleck0 wrote: »

Yes please

Aaaargh how would you even start to build that? It looks fucking awesome!

Also that pirate ship is dandy. you need to get a screenshot of a bunch of people with piratey skins and swords equipped manning the deck. Also, i didn't notice a plank. How can you walk the plank with no plank?

Lly on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Notch seems excited about the comic.

Falx on
This discussion has been closed.