For all of you that have been waiting for it, the PAX East Train Alliance thread
is now live, like I promised.
A general transportation question to those who might have experience traveling to and from conventions with (a) good sized groups, (b) a lot of baggage, (c) a schedule, and (d) the want for the most awesome. The main question is Planes, Trains, or Automobiles?
It's quite simple for one option, the group being from Rochester rules out flying (but it DOES make a clever title
). Which leaves the equally debatable options of hitting the road or hitting the rails. I have covered this in other discussions, but I feel that it hasn't been answered enough. Here's the pro's and con's I got:TRAIN - 20 | 16 - DRIVINGTRAIN WINS!(too bad I'm driving...)TRAIN
- AWESOME EXPERIENCE
- Gaming time whilst traveling
- Extended travel time for maximum PAX sociallizing time
- More comfortable (Amtrak has BIG seats)
- AWESOME PEOPLE
- Extended departure time requirement
- Less storage space, may need to transport a few desktop PC's
- Heavier weight on itinerary (must depart at THIS time, no later)
- More storage space.
- Ability to be flexible with people and car space
- Can depart at any time
- Can make it in time for more pre-PAX stuff
- Makes the PAX virgins in the cars more comfortable
- A caravan across the state with your best of friends (I heard of something like that for Prime... CCYQ or something?*)
- Finding the cars/drivers
- Extended planning (minor)
- Less comfortable
- It's NOT the awesome train trip
- Costly parking ($105-$140 total)
Any input appreciated, also general transportation comments anyone?