As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadows of the DAMNED- Hot girlfriends... FROM HELL. Suda X Mikami X Yamaoka

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Great game but I finally hit the set piece that told me it was time to take a break.

I feel like I'm in a movie
    Love the Evil Dead rip off moments but fuck the run between cabins. Once your woman gets close its almost impossible to get away again while you kill the demons.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    AmbivalentAmbivalent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am in love with
    Garcia and Johnson reading the boss's past lives
    It's so friggin amazing

Ambivalent on
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This game is just great. So happy I bought this over Dungeon Siege.

Tons of laughs and goddamn. George fucking scared me.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Picked this up on a whim based on positive things I'd been hearing, and count me among those loving it as well. It's just fun. I've never been a fan of Suda's previous games, but having Mikami as creative director has kind of turned his insanity into something more palatable to my tastes.

Plus it's just funny as all hell.

cr0w on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'd love to see the document of SUDA51 trying to sell this game. I picture it looking somewhere along the lines of this:

Garcia FUCKING Hotspur
    Enlarging your Johnson
    Zombie Hot Girlfriend
    Demon Pubes
    Cunt punting zombies

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Worth mentioning that Suda was more of an executive director, much like for NMH2. According to the director, Grasshopper have too many things going on now, so he's busy overseeing the various projects.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    mastrius wrote: »
    George fucking scared me.

Act 2-2...
    Waiting in a corner next to a barrel to blow up when he comes around following me...

OH FUCK HE BUSTED THROUGH THE WALL BEHIND ME.
    OH SHIT RUN!

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    mastrius wrote: »
    George fucking scared me.

Act 2-2...
    Waiting in a corner next to a barrel to blow up when he comes around following me...

OH FUCK HE BUSTED THROUGH THE WALL BEHIND ME.
    OH SHIT RUN!

I'm fairly certain this happens to every single person their first time. This is the metaphorical popping of the boss cherry in Shadows of the Damned.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This game has restored my having fun with single player games I hope. L.A. Noire was alright, and I love me a good noir adventure detective more than anything, but I'd been so worn down by games that I didn't really enjoy them much anymore.

This game is like breathing the most beautiful spring air. Only it is full of demons, dick jokes and headshots.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm loving the game from the half hour I've played so far, but the gnarly screen tearing is getting to me. Is it just as noticeable in the PS3 version? I'm hoping it gets less severe later. Otherwise this game is awesome.

Gilder on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want this badly.
    Not at BX for me to buy yet. :(

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fuck, this is out already? Okay. Picking it up on principle. No More Heroes is my favorite game this generation and this seems to have a lot of the same sense of style.

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Jurg wrote: »
    Fuck, this is out already? Okay. Picking it up on principle. No More Heroes is my favorite game this generation and this seems to have a lot of the same sense of style.

It's pretty goddamn amazing. I really enjoy it so far.

mastrius on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Act 3-3.
    Fucking awesome Evil Dead references in this game

Even down to camera angles and tricks from the original movie.

"I feel bad for the dumbass who rented that cabin." (paraphrased)

Also, Christopher is the best.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Act 3-3.
    Fucking awesome Evil Dead references in this game

Even down to camera angles and tricks from the original movie.

"I feel bad for the dumbass who rented that cabin." (paraphrased)

Also, Christopher is the best.

I like Christopher...and I don't know why

*Looks at his gamertag*

:winky:

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You crafty bastard.

mastrius on
  • Options
    TenexTenex Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I can't wait to pick this up as soon as I can. I'm just curious about the playtime for the campaign though. I just find it harder and harder to justify paying 60-ish dollars for a single player game that only lasts me 4-6 hours. Also, anybody know if there are any performance/graphical/etc. differences between the console versions?

Tenex on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Tenex wrote: »
    I can't wait to pick this up as soon as I can. I'm just curious about the playtime for the campaign though. I just find it harder and harder to justify paying 60-ish dollars for a single player game that only lasts me 4-6 hours. Also, anybody know if there are any performance/graphical/etc. differences between the console versions?

Reviews have it around 10-12 hours.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    They say that both consoles are similar, but it's UE3 so safer to go with 360?

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Antihippy wrote: »
    They say that both consoles are similar, but it's UE3 so safer to go with 360?

I'd say yes if for no other reason of wanting the 360 version to sell more so Suda51 brings NMH and NMH2 to XBLA.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey, you guys already get codename D!

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nervermind! BX got it in*! Popping this bad boy in the PS3 now.
    *And yet they still don't have any recent Nintendo system games. Go figure.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ugh. This Third-Person thing screws up my natural X/Y axis settings that I'm used too.
    What should I use? :(

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That's enough positive impressions for me! On the 'to buy' list.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That's enough positive impressions for me! On the 'to buy' list.

Agreed. I'm going to try and find this at either a Best Buy or Game Stop today after work. Plus the Eurogamer first 15 minutes really sold me on the overall presentation. Ass-kickery plus attitude? Throw in some dick jokes and I'm sold. Also, Ghouls act like they don't like the Ball Buster.

Zanshinretsu on
    My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm probably pick this game up some time this week myself.

Summer's been pretty dry as far as releases go and I'm pretty interested in this title.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Summer's been pretty dry as far as releases go and I'm pretty interested in this title.

I can't believe people keep saying this. I'm so swamped with new releases I can barely get 15 mins in with one game before a new one comes out. I have six coming this week alone.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I can't believe people keep saying this. I'm so swamped with new releases I can barely get 15 mins in with one game before a new one comes out. I have six coming this week alone.

I agree. Such a metric fuck-ton of games have come out and are still coming out. It's just silly man.

That being said I've had to hold back and not buy a lot of them. This one I did though and do not regret it.

mastrius on
  • Options
    KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ambivalent wrote: »
    I am in love with
    Garcia and Johnson reading the boss's past lives
    It's so friggin amazing

Agreed. But yeah, as people have said, the best way to describe it is that it's just plain fun, so far. Despite the grotesque imagery and subject matter, it all feels very light and breezy. It helps that G and Johnson's relationship is very endearing and the childishness of the humor is more charming than off putting most times, which is something that I was not expecting to say.

Also Yamaoka's score is fucking amazing as expected.

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Just because games are released doesn't mean one will be interested in them.

There have probably been a handful of titles in the last few months that I've cared about.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh god, choices! I still need to play LA Noire, Bulletstorm, Portal 2, and I wanted to check out the new Red Faction. Now there's this! After watching the first fifteen minutes, I'm sold. Now I can't decide whether to get this first or Noire--I only have enough for one. Anyone played both and have an opinion to share?

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh god, choices! I still need to play LA Noire, Bulletstorm, Portal 2, and I wanted to check out the new Red Faction. Now there's this! After watching the first fifteen minutes, I'm sold. Now I can't decide whether to get this first or Noire--I only have enough for one. Anyone played both and have an opinion to share?

I can at least tell you to skip the new Red Faction.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    That bad, huh?

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    That bad, huh?

It's not bad. Just that if you want more Red Faction, you're better off replaying Guerilla.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah. Problem with the new Red Faction is that they got rid of most of the stuff that made the old one fun.

Not to mention, driving around in a big desert being a Freedum Fighta! was a lot more interesting than shooting giant bugs from unknown origins.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I had more fun with destroying buildings and watching the Michael Bay-esque explosions/car chases than anything in Guerilla. Seeing as how they went back to making a corridor shooter... yeah, disappointment. I just wanted it to be better than I knew it was going to be.

So now I just have to decide if I want to be a detective in the 1940's--all noir, and cool--or if I'd rather kick demons in the balls. I have to be honest, the latter sounds more fun right now.

Plus, it's hard to resist the allure of a tit bridge. ;-)

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    4-2 is awesome
    It turns the game into a sidescrolling shooter with animation style like the loading screens. and I think there are a couple more of those levels in act 4 as well.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    4-1 drove me crazy till I got the aiming and timing down
    OHMYGODOHMYGOD-GAGAGAGAGA SCHAWING!
    Now thats what I call a big boner
    TASTE MY BIG BONER!!!

~Repeat that 7 times as I got the timing down~

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You should play this game then later L.A. Noire. I enjoyed it a lot, I love noir, but this game is the most fun and ridiculous thing I've played in forever.

It is not perfect, but the charm is overpowering.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You should play this game then later L.A. Noire. I enjoyed it a lot, I love noir, but this game is the most fun and ridiculous thing I've played in forever.

It is not perfect, but the charm is overpowering.

I say its a contender so far for GOTY. Granted there is some stiff competition this year out and coming out so we'll see how it holds up come awards time but Grasshopper definately hit this out of the ball park.

I love the soundtrack for this game. Ever now and then I find myself goofily bobbing my head to the tunes that play when the Sushi Lamp is in motion. I know its "survival horror" but god this game has a dark and goofy charm I can't help but love ever moment thus far (except 4-1 "The Big Boner")

Psychotic One on