The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[World of Darkness] Marginally safer than V:TM conventions.

1222324252628»

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    The company that sells the second hand onyx path stuff is having a 50% off halloween sale. The original prices for the more sought after kickstarter stuff are jacked up to match ebay. With the sale some things are quite a bit more reasonable to purchase.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Which company is this?

Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    So I was wondering if anyone could help with this. In Vampire the Requiem: 2nd Edition I'm confused about a rule in "The cleansing" section, page 91. It states:
    If an injury would require Vitae to heal (represented by Health levels), the vampire will unconsciously heal it during daysleep. Sometimes, this means the vampire will not have the Vitae necessary to wake. As she falls to slumber, she may spend Willpower points to “preserve” wounds through her rest, to keep herself from healing them and spending excessive Vitae. This cost is one Willpower per wound, and makes the wound permanent.

Does that mean that vampire will always have one say, lethal damage in their health box that cannot be healed, effectively lowering their permanent health by one, or just that the injury, such as a stab hole from a knife, never goes away? The former seems like a very harsh punishment to stop a wound from healing, say such as you not having enough blood to heal all of the wounds. The latter seems more like the intent from the section, especially as right after this it talks about the same thing for say, keeping tattoos so that they don't disappear. If the wording is just ambiguous I'll go with my ruling for my table. If there is an explicit rules clarification though I would love to see it. I didn't see anything when I googled it nor did I see it in their FAQ.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The 25th WardRegistered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    So I was wondering if anyone could help with this. In Vampire the Requiem: 2nd Edition I'm confused about a rule in "The cleansing" section, page 91. It states:
    If an injury would require Vitae to heal (represented by Health levels), the vampire will unconsciously heal it during daysleep. Sometimes, this means the vampire will not have the Vitae necessary to wake. As she falls to slumber, she may spend Willpower points to “preserve” wounds through her rest, to keep herself from healing them and spending excessive Vitae. This cost is one Willpower per wound, and makes the wound permanent.

Does that mean that vampire will always have one say, lethal damage in their health box that cannot be healed, effectively lowering their permanent health by one, or just that the injury, such as a stab hole from a knife, never goes away? The former seems like a very harsh punishment to stop a wound from healing, say such as you not having enough blood to heal all of the wounds. The latter seems more like the intent from the section, especially as right after this it talks about the same thing for say, keeping tattoos so that they don't disappear. If the wording is just ambiguous I'll go with my ruling for my table. If there is an explicit rules clarification though I would love to see it. I didn't see anything when I googled it nor did I see it in their FAQ.

When all else fails, it's the ST's call. Personally I think it depends on the injury.

wJyG2Dm.png
    The world will once again become steeped in fog. Welcome To The 25区 | 人生を殺す
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    The wound level heals normally, the superficial appearance of a healed injury (scarring, maiming, etc) remains.

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    The wound level heals normally, the superficial appearance of a healed injury (scarring, maiming, etc) remains.

That was close to my interpretation, which was the wound remains as you spent the willpower to stop it from healing, and then say, the next night, you could use the vitae to heal it. That heals the damage in the box, but leaves the wound itself there. So say you get shot by a sniper rifle and it does enough damage to fill up your bashing damage and upgrade it to one lethal from the single shot. You then spend the vitae at night to heal the bashing, but don't have enough to heal the lethal damage. You spend the willpower and so you keep the bullet hole, which is not fully healed. The next night you would have one lethal damage still and the hole. You could spend the vitae to heal the lethal damage, but the hole would still be there (as you forced the body to not close the hole). You could then spend another willpower later (and sew up the hole) and close up the actual bullet hole in your stomach, per the rules about changing your appearance listed above. You would probably be left with a scar, but no longer have big hole in your stomach.

I do like your interpretation as well though, that once you actually heal the damage another night, it just leaves a scar similar to aggravated damage.