As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Walking Thread (The Talking Dead?)

• Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    holy shit dale is george bluth

Fuga on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I read an article headline before i watched the finale which described the finale as "heartbreaking"

but I felt no emotion whatsoever

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fuga wrote: »
    holy shit dale is george bluth

You're not serious are you?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I read an article headline before i watched the finale which described the finale as "heartbreaking"

Yeah, I didn't really get the emotion. The closest thing was the Doc sort of failing his wife.

But the other woman who stayed behind? Wtf? "You guys go ahead, I'm going to stick around and die." "Why?" "Eh, no reason." "OK, cool."

KalTorak on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    because the world is full of zombies and they just want to get it over with in a flash of heat and pressure?

vOv

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Speaking of George Bluth.

Amazon is selling the complete Arrested Development set for $28 today only

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

It was heartbreaking because Andrea didn't die in the blast and Jacqui did.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    was jacqui the black lady? I didn't even realize she had a name

(because she was a dumb character)

Depressperado on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Foolproof wrote: »
    Can magnets work on lead? I mean really strong ones like in a MIR machine? How do magnets even work?

bullets haven't been commonly made of lead for a long ass time.

Melding on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    was jacqui the black lady? I didn't even realize she had a name

(because she was a dumb character)

she never did anything

what could she have possibly done to make you dislike her

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    is it because she never did anything? That's why i didn't care.

Melding on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Melding wrote: »
    is it because she never did anything? That's why i didn't care.

She never did anything but work as a good team member. She was way more important to the group than the pain in the ass Andrea. Yet no one gave two shits she was staying expect for the black guy who didn't want to be the last black person in the group.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    if you are the only black dude in a group, you know you're dying next episode

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I can understand her wanting to stay behind and die as an act of suicide, but it was attempted murder all of thirty seconds before she was holding Jenner's hand like they were besties.

Honestly, I could shit talk that finale for hours.

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, this show has deteriorated. I'll still watch next season though

felt like the whole "there's no reason to live! everything's gone!" thing was dumb and super overplayed

yeah, government's collapsed. you people ever heard of rebuilding? there'll always be pockets of survivors, and fewer zombies every day

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »

Yeah, I didn't really get the emotion. The closest thing was the Doc sort of failing his wife.

But the other woman who stayed behind? Wtf? "You guys go ahead, I'm going to stick around and die." "Why?" "Eh, no reason." "OK, cool."

She struck me as being somewhat religious, and thought that this was the end of days and the outbreak was god's wrath, and that she'd rather sit this one out.

Reasons to watch season 2:
    • The actual Zombie apocalypse itself is well done, regardless of Vatos' old peoples home and immersion breaking CDC "transmissions."
    • The characters, although sometimes annoying, are good. Their annoyingness can be atrributed to the fucked up situation they're in. I didn't want any of them to die
      in the countdown to explosion
      because I cared about them.
    • Darryl.
    • Dale.
    • New writers.
    • Dale again.
    • Zombies.
    • People who have read the comics know, or can tell you, that things get fucked up and intense, and there's a chance that the TV show could replicate this to great effect.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    might want to strike 'new writers' considering every indication is darabont and kirkman plan to lone wolf this shit

satansfingers on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    might want to strike 'new writers' considering every indication is darabont and kirkman plan to lone wolf this shit

How can two guys lone wolf something?

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2010
    BusterK wrote: »

two-man daisy chain

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

venture bros

ThreadbareSock on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I thought the idea was to contract guest writers for the next season.

Seg on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

venture bros

i am still astounded by how much of that show is nothing but doc hammer and publick

like it is insane

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    the finale was kind of weak, all things considered

but I dug the ride to it

even the vatos

I'm with you on this. The finale was a bit of a letdown, but everything leading up to it was great. I'm looking forward to season two.

Legba on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huh

Apparently only one of the producers/writers of The Walking Dead has actually left, and he wasn't fired, he's just making it a priority to go run his own show, which is apparently a TV adaptation of Powers that he's talking to FX about

Neat

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bendis announced Powers on FX forever ago, I'm still waiting

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I hope they do that monkey vagina scene

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    it would have to be it's own episode to do it justice

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Like maybe they should try for Showtime or Cinemax or something for Powers instead so they can show all the sex scenes where people fuck and then lightning and energy blasts out of their genitals and they fly up and fuck in midair and they are just always fucking all the time what a fucking dirty comic book.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    man that is a bit of hyperbole

there's the monkey issue, there's deena's dream, and then there's the arc about the superhero who died in bed with some random chick.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok so I read a bunch of the comics a whiiiiile back and I reaaaaly dont remember the CDC, did they add that for the show? Or am I forgetting things? I remember things going:
    Dudes wakes up, finds the black guy and his kid (terrible memory for names), he finds the camp, they leave for some reason (assumed zombies but I dont remember specifics), and they find a prison. Then they kinda settle in and I kinda left off around when they found the rival town of dickbags.

Maybe I should just reread em...

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    the show is not following the comic

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The idea of a Powers TV show makes me so excited I wanted to blow my brains out.

That isn't some kind of backhanded dismissal. I love Powers so much I literally want to commit suicide because my body can't process the amount of joy I would experience if I were to actually watch a TV series based on the comics.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ah, well there ya have it!

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »

there's the monkey issue, there's deena's dream, and then there's the arc about the superhero who died in bed with some random chick.

have you read it lately?

For a while it was like, every time Walker came home to his girlfriend they cut to them doing it.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »

have you read it lately?

For a while it was like, every time Walker came home to his girlfriend they cut to them doing it.

I haven't read the latest volume no, so I guess it could be all lightning fucking now.

Still, Forever (the arc that starts with the monkey fucking) is one of my favorite comic book stories ever.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Still, Forever (the arc that starts with the monkey fucking) is one of my favorite comic book stories ever.

And here I thought you only had bad opinions. Forever was pretty epic.

Maybe the monkey issue could be web only or DVD extra material. Or they could just buy rights to some of "quest for fire".

I could care less about superhero sex but I would need them to keep the profanity. I just can't get enough of heroes and their arches calling each other dickhead and asshole. If superman ever said "nice try dick!" I'd start buying his rag.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Damn, Powers could be an awesome TV show. There's a good main storyline, but also plenty of room to do self-contained shorter stories.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I always feel like Powers storylines kind of peeter out really bad at the end. I've been reading Powers since day 1, and I can't think of a single storyline where I felt like the ending lived up to the story.

The book is still a good read, but I just feel like Bendis has trouble finishing things off.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hmmm, good point. It's not so much about satisfying endings I guess. There are some pretty great moments that make up for it though.
    "You just tried to escape."

KalTorak on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    the CDC episode was pretty awful, except for the hospital memory scene.

The MRI part I was like... ok now that he explained how neurons work, which everyone who has gone to high school or ever turned on the discovery channel already knows, he's going to move on to some good stuff about how the disease started or how it works.... and nope, he didn't.

Also I love the light microscope that can see DNA... and all without any staining!

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
This discussion has been closed.