Options

Whats the coolest way you can think of to die

• Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    I'd never watched the Budd Dwyer video until today.

ha ha. How was that for you?

that's the one where the guy has the press-conference for it right?

I don't get two things:

1. Why

2. Why no one saw it coming if he called a press conference for it.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    revolverevolve Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    In the gullet of Cthulhu

revolve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I would like to emulate the Burnout games and get into a car and do 200 MPH and crash into oncoming traffic on a busy freeway (preferably with a full gasoline semi) and blow up everything in a 1000-yard radius.

I say if I am going to die, I should make it on the news

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    i want to die while travelling, like Fat Charlie's mom in Anansi Boys.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    JenniferJennifer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

I forgot how she died? remind me.

Jennifer on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I don't care how I die.

But I want a classy funeral. Ladies weeping. Men barely holding it together. Frank Sinatra's "My Way" playing. You know.

That sort of thing.

naporeon on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Okay here is what you do. You need a reasonably sized building, at least two or three stories, and you climb up on top of it. Bring with you a length of rope, a length of wire, and some superglue. Now measure out the rope so that it hangs about your height plus seven feet above the ground, when tied to the top of the building. Tie this rope around your ankles. Then take the wire, and loop it around your neck, then tie it to the building as well, with considerably less slack. Cover your hands in superglue and stick them to the sides of your head. Now step backwards off the building.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Jennifer wrote:

I forgot how she died? remind me.
    "What about the, about the cancer?"

"It seems to have been a false alarm."

Fat Charlie couldn't understand how it could have been a false alarm. Last week they'd been talking about sending his mother to a hospice. The doctor had been using phrases like "weeks not months" and "making her as comfortable as possible while we wait for the inevitable."

Still, Fat Charlie came back at 5:30 and picked up his mother, who seemed quite unsurprised to learn that she was no longer dying. On the way home she told Fat Charlie that she would be using her life-savings to travel around the world.

"The doctors were saying I had three months," she said. "And I remember I thought, if I get out of this hospital bed then I'm going to see Paris and Rome and places. I'm going back to Dominica. I may go to Africa. And China. I like Chinese food."

Fat Charlie wasn't sure what was going on, but whatever it was, he blamed his father. He accompanied his mother and a serious suitcase to Heathrow airport, and waved her goodbye at the International Departures gate. She was smiling hugely as she went through, clutching her passport and tickets, and she looked younger than he remembered her looking in many years.

She sent him postcards from Paris, and from Rome and from Athens, and from Lagos and Cape Town. Her postcard from Nanking told him that she didn't like the Chinese food in China, and that she couldn't wait to come back to London and eat proper Chinese food.

She died in her sleep, in a hotel in Roseau, on the island of Dominica.

http://www.neilgaiman.com/works/books/anansiboys/excerpt?format=hb

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    MarcusMarcus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I don't know about death, but I've got my funeral all planned out.
    Stage 1: My coffin is airdropped to the place of the eulogy using a parachute with a giant picture of my face on it.
    Stage 2: All my assets have been liquidated to hire Mr. T to give my eulogy as though I was on the A Team with him.
    Stage 3: New Orleans style jazz funeral parade to the beach, except I have hired actors to stage one of them getting killed and rolled out into the street where they are picked up by the coffin, 007 style. Then the lead trumpet kicks it into happy mode.
    Stage 4: I am placed in a suit of armor in a boat containing all my remaining possessions, which is then set aflame and set off to sea. Valhalla here I come.

Alternate Plan: If I am too poor to afford this when I die, My body is to be placed in a tomb in a cemetary. Every hour smoke pours out of the tomb, a laser light show begins and Frankenstien by the Edgar Winter Group rocks out over loudspeakers.

Marcus on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    Marcus wrote:
    Stage 1: My coffin is airdropped to the place of the eulogy using a parachute with a giant picture of my face on it.
    Stage 2: All my assets have been liquidated to hire Mr. T to give my eulogy as though I was on the A Team with him.
    Stage 3: New Orleans style jazz funeral parade to the beach, except I have hired actors to stage one of them getting killed and rolled out into the street where they are picked up by the coffin, 007 style. Then the lead trumpet kicks it into happy mode.
    Stage 4: I am placed in a suit of armor in a boat containing all my remaining possessions, which is then set aflame and set off to sea. Valhalla here I come.

Alternate Plan: If I am too poor to afford this when I die, My body is to be placed in a tomb in a cemetary. Every hour smoke pours out of the tomb, a laser light show begins and Frankenstien by the Edgar Winter Group rocks out over loudspeakers.
    I kinda want to kill you now just so that I can see this. :P

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Coolest way to die:

Hypothermia

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    the rest of my family being burned to death on my boat to join me in the afterlife is a tempting idea

mrpaku on
  • Options
    MarcusMarcus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bogey wrote:
    Marcus wrote:

I kinda want to kill you now just so that I can see this. :P
    You'll have to wait, I am not fabulously wealthy enough for either yet. For a while my plan was to be entombed in a pyramid with buried alive servants, pharoh style, but I figured it would just be desecrated in a few thousand years. Better to go viking style.

Marcus on
  • Options
    PapaStevePapaSteve Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    Tragically saving my family from the wreckage of a sinking battleship

PapaSteve on
    Marcus%20Garvee
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    in knobs arms

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Getting electrocuted by my guitar after playing the sickest set of Sam & Dave covers in the history of mankind

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    trentsteel wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    I'd never watched the Budd Dwyer video until today.

ha ha. How was that for you?

that's the one where the guy has the press-conference for it right?

I don't get two things:

1. Why

2. Why no one saw it coming if he called a press conference for it.

I just looked it up. Interestingly enough, I didn't find it amusing and I found it to be pretty sad.

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    heroicdeathfl0.jpg

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    WidepathWidepath Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Really though, i would like to die subjecting myself to psychological experiments that are far beyond the constraints of ethical modern research.

I would record exactly how much of, whatever mental stress, to took to kill a man. Me.

Widepath on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    heroicdeathfl0.jpg

oh man

I've been trying to retrieve this picture from a forumer for so long

thank you

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That picture was posted earlier in the thread.

I'd like to hijack the Lady Washington-
    2ships.lady.solo.jpg

Fit some proper cannons on her, sail up the Washington coast to the Bremerton submarine pens, and start shelling.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Stabbed to death in a hardware store following a zombie apocalypse.

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Weaver wrote:
    That picture was posted earlier in the thread.

I'd like to hijack the Lady Washington-
    2ships.lady.solo.jpg

Fit some proper cannons on her, sail up the Washington coast to the Bremerton submarine pens, and start shelling.

Kinda like one of Tube's theories

run up to the president, scream "YOU SCREWED ME!" and start firing paintballs at him.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    new hobby- get a little notebook for collecting autographs, and fake a whole bunch of autographs in it so it looks legit, but somewhere in the book, print out and glue shock images to a couple of the pages. So you go up to politicians, book signings, general famous people etc., ask for an autograph and then OMG MY EYES

Weaver on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Feet first in a meat grinder, taking Osama or some famous enemy with me, donning a maniacal grin and not much else. That's the way to do it.

Godfather on
  • Options
    MuhahahahahaMuhahahahaha Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    On a battlefield, mowing through enemies when i finally take a battleaxe to the back or an arrow in the eye. In my vicious berserker rage, I chop down like 15 more guys before finally collapsing.

Alternatively: spontaneous combustion

Muhahahahaha on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    On a battlefield, mowing through enemies when i finally take a battleaxe to the back or an arrow in the eye. In my vicious berserker rage, I chop down like 15 more guys before finally collapsing.

Alternatively: spontaneous combustion

"So how was your day, sweetie?"

"Well I- BOOOOM!"

"OH MY GOD HOLY SHIT D:!!"

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Defender on
  • Options
    KaennethKaenneth Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    a bathtub full of liquid nitrogen balanced on the edge of a tall building.

Dip, Tip, and Shatter.

Kaenneth on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I decided how I wanted to die a long time ago, and I've yet to change my mind. It goes like this:

Get on one of the televangelist shows. The bigger the viewership, the better. Skip ahead to the part where he "heals" the patrons. I get to the front stage, and the televangelist sets his hand on my forehead, and goes "Oh dear lord, HEAL THIS POOR CHILD!"

Then I just keel the fuck over, on national television.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    In front of a kindergarten Class where i shall face them with a shotgun to the back of my head.

But before I pull the trigger a tear will roll down my face and I will scream, 'IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!'

Before pulling the trigger and sending brains and bone fragments all over the now scarred for life little youngsters.

Alternatively screaming

[spoiler:bd65a93367]KAAAAAAAAAAAHN![/spoiler:bd65a93367]

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Bendery wrote:
    In front of a kindergarten Class where i shall face them with a shotgun to the back of my head.

But before I pull the trigger a tear will roll down my face and I will scream, 'IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!'

Before pulling the trigger and sending brains and bone fragments all over the now scarred for life little youngsters.

Alternatively screaming

[spoiler:e89ddd929d]KAAAAAAAAAAAHN![/spoiler:e89ddd929d]

ooh

ooh

the second one

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Although it wasn't my idea, I remember when one forumer said that he'd dress up in a santa suit during christmas eve, climb a well-known building or architecture, making damn sure that the cameras were rolling, and then simply jumping off, scaring millions of children for life.

It was obviously worded differently, but the idea still stands.

Godfather on
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Filler wrote:
    We've all thought about death, and dying before. And I'm sure we've all got our ways we want to die, epic amazing ways, ways in which you know people will never forget you, or the way you lived/died.

Like the guy who died from taking it from a horse, who's gonna forget that guy? Fuck, they're making a movie about him.

So how do you want to die? Something lame like being drawn and quatered? Getting shot in the nuts and bleeding to death like the guy in sin city should have died?

So lets hear it people.

Mine is simple. I want to go out to the city one nght, and get fucking shitty. I want to be drunk as shit, and wander around SF all night until I find some hard motherfucker. When I find this guy, I'm gonna light up a cigarette and start talking shit. Im gonna push it far as I can, until I put it out the cigarette on his face and start the fight. I want to keep the fight going as long as possible, pulling knives and shit, dropping them, making him kill me in defense. I know, that doesn't sound that great, but heres where it gets interesting.

My friends will take my corpse and remove all my innards, and blood and replace them with candy and toys. Then they'll strap time explosives around me and drop me from a plane that is directly over some poor kids birthday party.

When I've reached the proper hieght the bombs will go off and I'll will rain down on the children in the most horrific, vile pinata ever.

Hopefully my penis, which will have been painted to resemble a candy cane, will remain intact and land on the cake.

Not only will this scar them for life, but maybe, just maybe it will keep them from eating candy forever and maybe living a much healthier lifestyle then I did.

So how bout you guys?

How the fuck is that simple?

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I want to go out in a blaze of glory.

If I knew that I was, without a doubt, going to die from some terminal illness or for whatever reason, I would get super hopped up on all sorts of drugs, rent an Aston Martin, rob a bank in Vegas, and lead police in a car chase that would end with me driving as fast as I can into the Grand Canyon. In mid air I'd set off the pounds of fireworks, and explosives held in the trunk.

SkankPlaya on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    SkankPlaya wrote:
    I want to go out in a blaze of glory.

If I knew that I was, without a doubt, going to die from some terminal illness or for whatever reason, I would get super hopped up on all sorts of drugs, rent an Aston Martin, rob a bank in Vegas, and lead police in a car chase that would end with me driving as fast as I can into the Grand Canyon. In mid air I'd set off the pounds of fireworks, and explosives held in the trunk.

Better yet, bring a heart monitor, and when you're about to go and your heart monitor stops, rig the fireworks to blow up after it stops.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Weird.
    I was just thinking of ways I'd kill myself.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I want to die in glorious battle. I want at least four men to have fallen to my ancient yet still hale muscles, until finally the heavy blow of a sword or axe strikes me down- but not before I kill the bastard who just killed me.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    concreteconcrete Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    How about

going downtown, Baghdad, with an American flag wrapped around you, holding a big banner of Bush, shouting "ME AMERICA! ME USA!"

then set up a sketchpad and draw Mohammed.

if that doesn't get you killed, shit on the drawing.

concrete on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    concrete wrote:
    How about

going downtown, Baghdad, with an American flag wrapped around you, holding a big banner of Bush, shouting "ME AMERICA! ME USA!"

then set up a sketchpad and draw Mohammed.

if that doesn't get you killed, shit on the drawing.

It'd be easier to dress up like Buddy Christ or Raptor Jesus. That way you go out in style!

Godfather on