As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] daniels

• ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Res wrote: »
    Well, I've reached the ceiling of the world.

At least, I think that's what's happened. It won't let me place any more blocks.

....jump

This is the best answer, really.

It wouldn't be all that impressive as my tower is built on top of a rather tall mountain

The answer to this is you dig out next to the base of your tower until you hit lava.

YESSSS

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm so torn. I like playing on DK's server, but multiplayer just feels like it's missing something without risk of harm.

build a town

be the mayor

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My dwellings are spread across a huge area

with a breadcrumb trail of beacons and lighthouses beetween them

kind of inconvenient but it's really cozy seeing those lights on each hilltop

knowing it will lead me home

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Oh god, Leigh has discovered that Civ5 has come out. Now I'm being peppered with questions about if she needs a new machine and what do the various specs mean. I love her deeply, but I really don't want to put together a new machine for her. Or walk her through buying one.

this is your job as the tech-knowing boyfriend.

Sorry.

Plus what kind of guy doesn't love the thought of building the new machine.

DeShadowC on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This young Gouda is slightly disappointing. I think I'll be going with smoked from now on.

As well, Cougar Gold is kind of bleh. I guess if you really like sharp sharp cheddars you'd enjoy it.

Passerbye on
    edited September 2010
    minecraft1k.jpg

minecraft2.jpg

Find a cave. Find goodness.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Damnit, almost made it to 2 years before the first infraction.

Smurph on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »

I do think tough love is the best solution. Person calls you, as the operator, with their issues, and you respond back telling them to man up.

"I just don't think people love me."

"You're right they don't, I mean I just picked up the phone and your voice is bothering me."

"What should I do?"

"Well this is a help line, do you have any sharp objects?"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm looking forward to a PA server where everyone has a job. Like one guy can farm wheat, one dude can work the animals, there will be hunters, and builders and warriors.

Whomever owns the server is king, and he can banish people to the forbidden zones full of lava and zombies.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    mikemans visiting?

Casual Eddy on
    edited September 2010
    Well, I've reached the ceiling of the world.

At least, I think that's what's happened. It won't let me place any more blocks.

....jump

This is the best answer, really.

It wouldn't be all that impressive as my tower is built on top of a rather tall mountain

The answer to this is you dig out next to the base of your tower until you hit lava.

YESSSS

do what I am doing

1. dig trench around walled-in farm

2. make buckets

3. hunt for lava

4. lava moat! Burn you motherfuckers!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010
    Smurph wrote: »

I admit you gave bad advice, but not so bad to deserve an infraction over, especially considering a lot of the advice in H/A that goes ignored.

DeShadowC on
    edited September 2010
    I'm looking forward to a PA server where everyone has a job. Like one guy can farm wheat, one dude can work the animals, there will be hunters, and builders and warriors.

Whomever owns the server is king, and he can banish people to the forbidden zones full of lava and zombies.

I'm going to be a revolutionary guerilla soldier working to overthrow the feudal system

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh god, Leigh has discovered that Civ5 has come out. Now I'm being peppered with questions about if she needs a new machine and what do the various specs mean. I love her deeply, but I really don't want to put together a new machine for her. Or walk her through buying one.

Sorry.

I know it is. And it's my own damn fault for letting her borrow my copy of Civ4. But she knows just enough tech to be dangerous, and completely lacks any understanding of her limitations in the area. I kinda want to direct her to a Mac just so that I can't support it. But that no Mac version of Civ5 yet. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010

I admit you gave bad advice, but not so bad to deserve an infraction over, especially considering a lot of the advice in H/A that goes ignored.

I guess since pheezer and than have gotten soft, they had to get a new mod in there to start throwing infractions.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010

Sorry.

I know it is. And it's my own damn fault for letting her borrow my copy of Civ4. But she knows just enough tech to be dangerous, and completely lacks any understanding of her limitations in the area. I kinda want to direct her to a Mac just so that I can't support it. But that no Mac version of Civ5 yet. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

booo hiss

DeShadowC on
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

I guess since pheezer and than have gotten soft, they had to get a new mod in there to start throwing infractions.

Notice the regulars still aren't getting them for phenomenally bad advice though?

DeShadowC on
    edited September 2010

Haha yeah I guess my advice was "Break the law, you probably won't get caught", which is not something that should be posted on the internet. It's still probably what I would do in that situation though.

Smurph on
    edited September 2010

Notice the regulars still aren't getting them for phenomenally bad advice though?

Quid's law and all, but I have noticed.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OMG This game.

Crafting Mines. All up ins.

I can't stop.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Any news on if D&D is getting a new mod given that Will seems to be on his own most of the time?

BobCesca on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I cannot fathom wanting to be a 'regular' in an H/A style forum. That's just sad.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Sorry.

The kind that doesn't want someone looking over his shoulder peppering him with suggestions. And building new machines don't thrill me. I've built 70 or 80 machines from parts in my life. It doesn't hold a thrill for me anymore. Even for myself it's a task that I want over with.

Thomamelas on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dang, Minecraft website is still down.

Do Mike and Jerry at least warn people before doing things like this?

Passerbye on
    edited September 2010
    Any news on if D&D is getting a new mod given that Will seems to be on his own most of the time?

Step 1: Have one of those "who wants to be a mod thread" and automaticially disqualify anyone who applies.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »

It's probably the interest caused by Mike and Jerry that did it.

The guy is saying his servers were overloaded.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    OMG This game.

I can't stop.

I am so tempted to get that. I have no idea how much fun I would have with it, though.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited September 2010

Jeffe posts outside of chat all the time

Haha yeah I guess my advice was "Break the law, you probably won't get caught", which is not something that should be posted on the internet. It's still probably what I would do in that situation though.

The annoying thing is yours wasn't deliberately bad like trying to cause harm purposely

DeShadowC on
    edited September 2010

passer
    The following things do not work at the moment:
    Registering an account
    Purchasing the game
    User verification for online servers
    Sounds and music for new players
    The following does work:
    Actually playing the game
    Player skins

Until this all gets sorted out, I'm officially calling a "free-to-play weekend", or however long this will take to fix.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010

Yes, that's kind of my point. This isn't the first time they've caused interest which killed a certain company's website, so do they at least warn the owners before making the news post of death?

Passerbye on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Been awhile since they handed out a good wanging though.

HappylilElf on
    edited September 2010
    woot, foodening

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited September 2010

Sorry.

booo hiss

That's a silly argument. Perhaps you'd like to debate the merits of Phillips versus Flathead screwdrivers? Or claw vs sledge hammers? They both accomplish tasks. They do so in slightly different ways with different strengths and weakness.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    OMG This game.

I can't stop.

I am so tempted to get that. I have no idea how much fun I would have with it, though.

try it

it's free for the moment

minecraft.net

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010
    The kind that doesn't want someone looking over his shoulder peppering him with suggestions. And building new machines don't thrill me. I've built 70 or 80 machines from parts in my life. It doesn't hold a thrill for me anymore. Even for myself it's a task that I want over with.

I just can't fathom being like that. Working IT is something I still love doing in that situation.

DeShadowC on
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »

passer
    The following things do not work at the moment:
    Registering an account

Purchasing the game
    User verification for online servers
    Sounds and music for new players
    The following does work:
    Actually playing the game
    Player skins

Until this all gets sorted out, I'm officially calling a "free-to-play weekend", or however long this will take to fix.

This does me no good since I can't register. As I would imagine other people can't either.

Passerbye on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Jeffe posts outside of chat all the time

I hadn't noticed him very much. He's probably posting in the threads I avoid (like the rape one).

BobCesca on
    edited September 2010

Sorry.

Also whenever something doesn't work it's your fault for forcing them to build a crappy computer, who cares if it's six years old now.

Smurph on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    OMG This game.

I can't stop.

try it

it's free for the moment

minecraft.net

Goodbye, evening. You might be missed a little.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited September 2010
    Just press "login" passer

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.