As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] daniels

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    I'd be tempted to use an epi pen just for the hell of it.

I don't know, it's a giant needle that you have to slam into your thigh. Somehow it doesn't seem all that appealing.

I always wanted to stagger away after killing someone and then stab myself in the heart with some adrenaline. It just seemed like something fun to do.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I believe I shall watch Spooks.

japan on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The general playerbase in WoW is pretty much the worst.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    you know what would be an awesome job?

dinosaur illustrator

everyone comes to you with bones and is like "yo, make me a pretty picture of dis"

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Oh, that reminds me I have an epipen I need to put in my car. I am deathly allergic to bees like I get stung and boom swelling and giant arms or necks or whatever.

*takes notes for Sawlike torture room*

First time I was stung by a bee in high school my right forearm increased size like threefold and was probably be able to be used as a weapon.

"Ok Mr Mazzy you are stuck in a room with bees, you have to let one sting you to get your hulk tard arm to smash this glass case and get your epi pen and the key to freedom."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am playing minecraft but I can't find coal or flint or anything to make fire..no fire no see

Ludious on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's pretty much a sperger trap.

Alternatively it's LEGO except with digging through moster infested earth to find the pieces you need instead of a bin.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, it's back online now. I'll have to pick it up this weekend.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

I don't know, it's a giant needle that you have to slam into your thigh. Somehow it doesn't seem all that appealing.

I always wanted to stagger away after killing someone and then stab myself in the heart with some adrenaline. It just seemed like something fun to do.

I'm trying to come up with a reasoning for why one would need adrenaline after having killed someone. I would have thought one would already have a plentiful supply of adrenaline in one's body after doing such a thing.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    VH, I had some questions about Warmachine a couple days ago but I think I figured them out. I read through the rule book so I have a basic idea on how things work. I also have the info for my basic lets learn army for Khador thanks to their website. So for my starting army I was thinking.

Sorscha
    Destroyer
    Juggernaut
    4x Widowmakers

I figure it will give me a good learning army. I have an idea for Irusk from the info I have found on him. Mostly it is Beast-09, widowmakers and the rest filled with winterguard.
    Should be interesting. Have you looked at theme armies? I don't know what the one for Sorscha is, but my basic 15-point Cryx list following eSkarre's theme army.

I know what it is from Forward Kommander. Basically a cheap jack and 3 winterguard units and then get the winterguard solo free. Its an interesting idea.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Hooray! My erotica was published on Facebook and got a positive comment (which is rarer than you might think)

face...book?

Hahaha I just slept for 19 hours so like I'm not making much sense

Fleshbot.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I used to have epi pens for bee stings

only had to stab myself once but man you really gotta jam that thing in

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I am playing minecraft but I can't find coal or flint or anything to make fire..no fire no see

It seems like the game really needs some starter torches or something.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    you know what would be an awesome job?

dinosaur illustrator

everyone comes to you with bones and is like "yo, make me a pretty picture of dis"
    You'd always have work too, since scientists can't seem to leave well enough alone.

"That bone we thought went in the leg is actually part of a helicopter-like apparatus attached to its lower jaw."

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    cass how could you say something like that

and not link us

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh, that reminds me I have an epipen I need to put in my car. I am deathly allergic to bees like I get stung and boom swelling and giant arms or necks or whatever.

*takes notes for Sawlike torture room*

First time I was stung by a bee in high school my right forearm increased size like threefold and was probably be able to be used as a weapon.

"Ok Mr Mazzy you are stuck in a room with bees, you have to let one sting you to get your hulk tard arm to smash this glass case and get your epi pen and the key to freedom."

I stepped on a dead bee on a beach when I was a child, somewhere between 5-7. My entire body swelled up 3 times the size. I couldn't see due to my eyes being swollen shut for a few days.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

coal=find a cave

flint=dig gravel, it comes every now and then. You need iron for it too

iron=find a cave.

So basically, find a cave. Coal is super common.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Wander around your spawn point looking at cliff faces for awhile in the daylight. You're probably be able to find a small exposed coal vein.

Alternatively just start digging into a mountain. Coal is literally everywhere. Near as I can tell it's about 10 times as common as iron. I've actually been starting to build extra forges to store it in (and make smelting go faster) because I have like 2 dozen stacks of 64 in my storage already.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Alternatively it's LEGO except with digging through moster infested earth to find the pieces you need instead of a bin.

Exactly.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

and not link us

It's super NSFW!!

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Minecraft really seems like the kind of thing that is just going to completely die out in a week or two.

(It's been going on for about a year before it for linked on PA. People have been talking about it on the forums for maybe six months or so)

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    VH, I had some questions about Warmachine a couple days ago but I think I figured them out. I read through the rule book so I have a basic idea on how things work. I also have the info for my basic lets learn army for Khador thanks to their website. So for my starting army I was thinking.

Sorscha
    Destroyer
    Juggernaut
    4x Widowmakers

I figure it will give me a good learning army. I have an idea for Irusk from the info I have found on him. Mostly it is Beast-09, widowmakers and the rest filled with winterguard.
    Should be interesting. Have you looked at theme armies? I don't know what the one for Sorscha is, but my basic 15-point Cryx list following eSkarre's theme army.

I know what it is from Forward Kommander. Basically a cheap jack and 3 winterguard units and then get the winterguard solo free. Its an interesting idea.
    Oh, are you using pSorscha or eSorscha?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    so what are these minecraft texture packs you all speak of?

where can I find them on the interwebs

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I'm trying to come up with a reasoning for why one would need adrenaline after having killed someone. I would have thought one would already have a plentiful supply of adrenaline in one's body after doing such a thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPdukhSNrW8

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Oh and flint strikes me as pretty useless until you start skilling spiders for string.

All you need for torches is a piece of coal+a stick.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I nearly died from getting it from a europeon hornet in the neck as a kid

i walked like 20 steps and broke out in full body hives

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

It makes sense. SCADA systems are a pretty odd target for standard malware because you can't make any money from them.
    It's just a level of, I guess, movie-ness that's impressive. The thought that someone could slip a USB key into a slot and take down an entire nuclear power plant. It's movie tech realized.

There have been some people warning about the vunerability of SCADA systems for a long time. But due to the fact that they had never really been targeted and that they have some specialized protocols, it was just assumed it was a bit of scare mongering. And I don't think anyone expected something that would interact with stuff at the pseudo-firmware level of the PLCs. I'm guessing that there are a lot of guys at Siemens shitting themselves at the moment.
    When the womans away the man gets really god damn lazy about eating.

True dat.
    Either that or they're the ones supplying whoever wrote it with the data they needed.

Possibly but their customers will be shitting themselves and when multi-million dollar accounts get nervous, the vendors do too.
    Elldren wrote: »
    so, which government made stuxnet?

Any of the Western powers could have, Israel was mentioned, China could, South Korea could, Japan could. It's a pretty long list.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

and not link us

It's super NSFW!!

I DON'T HAVE A JOB GODDAMNIT

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »
    I had hoped minecars would make me go really fast through my tunnel. Sadly, no.

there are shenanigans to get them to work better and faster'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v5cAFYouWY 4:50 onwards

that was pretty cool

looks like too much work though.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

5 point palm exploding nexus technique

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I find it best just to stay in doors and avoid anything that stings.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I've never been stung by a bee, so I'm terrified that I'm allergic.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh and flint strikes me as pretty useless until you start skilling spiders for string.

All you need for torches is a piece of coal+a stick.

If you're a coward or a lazy ass (like me) and you have a creeper on your ass, setting it on fire and running away does wonders.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited September 2010

5 point palm exploding nexus technique

thats what happened when i read Cass' slashfic

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So apparently if I need to take out a lot of chat, bring bees.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Sorscha
    Destroyer
    Juggernaut
    4x Widowmakers

Oh, are you using pSorscha or eSorscha?

Regular Sorscha which is pSorscha I think. Basically my themed army would be.

pSorscha
    Juggernaut
    2x Winterguard
    1x Winterguard rifle men
    1xKonvik Jozef Grigorivich

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Or you could play LEGO universe and fight monsters for the pieces you need

Arch on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My way of finding rare minerals in Minecraft is the best way.

DIG DIG DIG DIG

drown

DIG DIG DIG DIG

"Sunlight blessed sunlight!"

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also: Tutorial for how to edit textures and install texture packs:

1. Have winrar or something similar installed.

2. copy %appdata%\.minecraft into the adress bar of explorer

3. go into the bin folder, right click minecraft.jar and open in winrar

4. drag and replace textures as needed

5. done

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I never took antibiotics as a kid

wanna know something that confuses the fuck out of a doctor? a 20 year old having an allergic reaction to penicillin

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.