Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[chat] daniels

16465666769

Posts

  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    I wish I could make a waterfall in Minecraft.

    Also I want to figure out how to make roofs.

    But looking at the wiki feels like cheating to me.

    What do you mean figure out how to make roofs?

    Like a piece on top of my walls?

    you just place blocks above you

    but...wouldn't they fall down? Like I know sand falls when I pull blocks out from under it, but I don't want to be trapped by stone.

    Only a few blocks, like sand, fall with gravity. You can create a giant platform that's only attached to one column if you want.

    Sarksus on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Stop talking about minecraft you assholes

    I don't want to play

    Arch on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Inqi, my army is so infantry machine once I learn the game since I will be doing Irusk who is infantry boost god. My tier 4 army if I did it has something like 32 infantry models and one heavy warjack. 33 if you include the caster.

    Well now I'm just happy that the caster I like has AoEs out the ass.

    I am learning with Sorscha though because her abilities are a lot more new player friendly from what I can tell. She is more a warjack caster. Tier 4 has 3 or 4 heavy jacks if I remember including one character(beast 09) which is awesome. Though the 35 point list still has 15 or so winter guard.

    Mazzyx on
    03x29di.png
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    what is a bucket

    how do I make one

    [X][ ][X]
    [ ][X][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ]

    the X's are iron bars. That's the recipe for a bucket.

    To get iron bars, you smelt iron ore in a furnace.

    Okay, and then I stab at water with it until I pick some up, take it back and put it on top of the hill?

    I guess I should make a furnace first.

    oh man tonight is going to be crazy

    if the bucket doesn't pick up the water, the water you're aiming at isn't a spring

    it's easier to figure out by yourself than explain

    so make a bucket and go figure out water

    also yeah make a furnace

    you can make glass with it!

    so much to learn

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    I wish I could make a waterfall in Minecraft.

    Also I want to figure out how to make roofs.

    But looking at the wiki feels like cheating to me.

    What do you mean figure out how to make roofs?

    Like a piece on top of my walls?

    you just place blocks above you

    but...wouldn't they fall down? Like I know sand falls when I pull blocks out from under it, but I don't want to be trapped by stone.

    only sand and gravel falls down

    everything else doesn't

    you can make floating houses if you want

    also, gravel falling down is one of the reasons you never mine directly above you unless you like suffocating under a ton of loose rocks

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    you weirdos just describe it like a keypad

    123
    456
    789

    bucket is iron at 1, 5, and 3

    and now ochu can begin to gasp fighting game lingo

    hint- it is easier to flip that like a num pad on a keyboard like this

    789
    456
    123

    Arch on
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    I wish I could make a waterfall in Minecraft.

    Also I want to figure out how to make roofs.

    But looking at the wiki feels like cheating to me.

    What do you mean figure out how to make roofs?

    Like a piece on top of my walls?

    you just place blocks above you

    but...wouldn't they fall down? Like I know sand falls when I pull blocks out from under it, but I don't want to be trapped by stone.

    Only a few blocks, like sand, fall with gravity. You can create a giant platform that's only attached to one column if you want.

    hmm

    guess I'll make a sod builder's hut then work on the real thing

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Inqi, my army is so infantry machine once I learn the game since I will be doing Irusk who is infantry boost god. My tier 4 army if I did it has something like 32 infantry models and one heavy warjack. 33 if you include the caster.

    Well now I'm just happy that the caster I like has AoEs out the ass.

    I am learning with Sorscha though because her abilities are a lot more new player friendly from what I can tell. She is more a warjack caster. Tier 4 has 3 or 4 heavy jacks if I remember including one character(beast 09) which is awesome. Though the 35 point list still has 15 or so winter guard.

    I will enjoy slaughtering your conscripts. :D

    Inquisitor on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Archer should not be this funny for repeat viewing, but it only gets better with age...and blood alcohol content.

    electricitylikesme on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Can you make futuristic teleporters and stuff in Minecraft? That'd be really cool.

    Daxon on
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    In warmachine do you know who has the first turn before or after you deploy?
    Before the game starts, you roll a die. Whoever gets the highest roll gets to choose 1) which side they're on, and 2) whether they will go first or second.

    If they go first, they deploy their army first, and also take the first turn of the game after deployment. If they go second, they deploy second, and take the second turn of the game.

    So yes, to answer your question. :P

    I just thought it would be funny if you positioned all your dudes hyper-aggressively forward and then lost the roll for the first turn. :D
    Mmm, I think it's better if I go second under those circumstances anyway. The battlefield is 48" long, and we deploy within 10" of the edge. So even if I deploy my Raiders at the 18" line, their 14" charge range will still be short by 6" to hit any of my opponent's guys that are standing right at the 10" line of their own deployment zone.

    visiblehowl on
    vxsHp3F.gif
    I am apparently an MTGA draft god on Twitch
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    you weirdos just describe it like a keypad

    123
    456
    789

    bucket is iron at 1, 5, and 3

    and now ochu can begin to gasp fighting game lingo

    hint- it is easier to flip that like a num pad on a keyboard like this

    789
    456
    123

    it is easier to eat my BuTT

    (ok)

    Organichu on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    what is a bucket

    how do I make one

    [X][ ][X]
    [ ][X][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ]

    the X's are iron bars. That's the recipe for a bucket.

    To get iron bars, you smelt iron ore in a furnace.

    Okay, and then I stab at water with it until I pick some up, take it back and put it on top of the hill?

    I guess I should make a furnace first.

    oh man tonight is going to be crazy

    if the bucket doesn't pick up the water, the water you're aiming at isn't a spring

    it's easier to figure out by yourself than explain

    so make a bucket and go figure out water

    also yeah make a furnace

    you can make glass with it!

    so much to learn

    make a furnace and see what you can melt in it. Also, when you get a lot of iron, just place it in a bunch of configurations and see what it'll make. It's fun.

    (although wiki is recommended eventually for the recipes, there's a lot)

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Can you make futuristic teleporters and stuff in Minecraft? That'd be really cool.

    No. The only transport is minecarts and powered minecarts.

    Sarksus on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just make flat wooden roofs. It lets me use the roof as a deck, too.

    Sarksus on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hehehe, I just realized that (under like, impossibly ideal conditions) I could drag an enemy warcaster 30 inches across the board with my 15 point army.

    Inquisitor on
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i have to go to the bank

    it's always demoralizing to go there and deposit like a dinky $140 and see some dude in a suit at the counter

    so yeah i wanna add 8grand to this account and 3grand to the other and i'll be back on thursday...

    i assuage my sense of life failure by presuming the guy's a drug dealer

    Organichu on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Can you make futuristic teleporters and stuff in Minecraft? That'd be really cool.

    No. The only transport is minecarts and powered minecarts.

    Powered minecarts?

    Well anyhow, dev guy needs to get all up into that.

    Daxon on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    When to go is very determined by what your enemy is playing. If you are a heavy charge army that wants to hit first, sometimes going second is good if your opponent is going to be aggressive as well. But if you are a more flexible army that can hold back and shoot then you do that letting the charging army come to you.

    I think of this in a 40k way though. Slow and rip apart the orks and charge them before they charge me. Charge guard, tau and vanilla marines so their superior firepower cannot over take me.

    Of course that is as CSM, as Orks I just charge headlong up the board to smash in faces.

    Mazzyx on
    03x29di.png
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Inqi, my army is so infantry machine once I learn the game since I will be doing Irusk who is infantry boost god. My tier 4 army if I did it has something like 32 infantry models and one heavy warjack. 33 if you include the caster.
    Damn, you beat me by two infantry models. :P My Tier 4 35-point Satyxis army has 30, not counting the warcaster.

    Although I do have two helljacks, so there's that.

    visiblehowl on
    vxsHp3F.gif
    I am apparently an MTGA draft god on Twitch
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Can you make futuristic teleporters and stuff in Minecraft? That'd be really cool.

    No. The only transport is minecarts and powered minecarts.

    Powered minecarts?

    Well anyhow, dev guy needs to get all up into that.

    You combine a minecart with a furnace.

    Sarksus on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    i have to go to the bank

    it's always demoralizing to go there and deposit like a dinky $140 and see some dude in a suit at the counter

    so yeah i wanna add 8grand to this account and 3grand to the other and i'll be back on thursday...

    i assuage my sense of life failure by presuming the guy's a drug dealer

    Man thats so jewish.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    http://gizmodo.com/5645030/watch-the-super-harvest-moon-today

    I kinda want to try and see this thing. Damn homework.

    Smurph on
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    When to go is very determined by what your enemy is playing. If you are a heavy charge army that wants to hit first, sometimes going second is good if your opponent is going to be aggressive as well. But if you are a more flexible army that can hold back and shoot then you do that letting the charging army come to you.

    I think of this in a 40k way though. Slow and rip apart the orks and charge them before they charge me. Charge guard, tau and vanilla marines so their superior firepower cannot over take me.

    Of course that is as CSM, as Orks I just charge headlong up the board to smash in faces.
    If I was playing Orks, I feel like it would be wrong to think about any serious strategy.

    visiblehowl on
    vxsHp3F.gif
    I am apparently an MTGA draft god on Twitch
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Can you make futuristic teleporters and stuff in Minecraft? That'd be really cool.

    No. The only transport is minecarts and powered minecarts.

    Powered minecarts?

    Well anyhow, dev guy needs to get all up into that.

    You combine a minecart with a furnace.

    Soo...

    a train?

    Daxon on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong My lit AF posts will leave you shook Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My advisor came over to my lab today and handed me $50 because I showed him how to use photoshop yesterday and in the process fixed up a photo he was having printed.

    Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    I wish I could make a waterfall in Minecraft.

    Also I want to figure out how to make roofs.

    But looking at the wiki feels like cheating to me.

    What do you mean figure out how to make roofs?

    Like a piece on top of my walls?

    You just build your walls one higher than you want the ceiling to be and then start attatching blocks to the side of your uppermost blocks on the wall.

    So like

    [ ][ ]
    [ ]
    [ ]
    [ ]

    would give you a ceiling that is three blocks off the ground.

    HappylilElf on
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Hehehe, I just realized that (under like, impossibly ideal conditions) I could drag an enemy warcaster 30 inches across the board with my 15 point army.
    You need line of sight for that, right?

    visiblehowl on
    vxsHp3F.gif
    I am apparently an MTGA draft god on Twitch
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    minecraftpump.jpg

    minecraftpond.jpg

    Sarksus on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Can you make futuristic teleporters and stuff in Minecraft? That'd be really cool.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PBIqoBP_y4

    Burtletoy on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My advisor came over to my lab today and handed me $50 because I showed him how to use photoshop yesterday and in the process fixed up a photo he was having printed.

    Do you feel cheap? Like his little whore?

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Can you make futuristic teleporters and stuff in Minecraft? That'd be really cool.

    No. The only transport is minecarts and powered minecarts.

    Powered minecarts?

    Well anyhow, dev guy needs to get all up into that.

    You combine a minecart with a furnace.

    Soo...

    a train?

    Basically.

    Sarksus on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    i have to go to the bank

    it's always demoralizing to go there and deposit like a dinky $140 and see some dude in a suit at the counter

    so yeah i wanna add 8grand to this account and 3grand to the other and i'll be back on thursday...

    i assuage my sense of life failure by presuming the guy's a drug dealer

    Yeah he's probably just me and my fairly priviledged lifestyle.

    Seriously lately I seem to be sweating hundred's.

    electricitylikesme on
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Polarity Shield makes me really sad, Inqi. :(

    visiblehowl on
    vxsHp3F.gif
    I am apparently an MTGA draft god on Twitch
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The same... but different.

    Galahad on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also minecraft needs a concept of electricity or something. I need the ability to build mechanisms which transport fluids continuously.

    electricitylikesme on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    three useful building recipes, rivs:


    Ladders
    [ ]

    [ ]

    Fences
    [ ][ ][ ]



    Signs
    [W][W[W]
    [W][W[W]
    [ ][S[ ]

    Stairs
    [R][ ][ ]
    [R][R][ ]
    [R][R][R]


    Legend: S= sticks, W= wood, R= Stone or Wood

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Plan as an ork player-Boyz like fightin'. Get the boys stuck in. Win battles. Orks always win.

    You follow this and no matter what you have fun playing Orks. Most of the strategy I find with them is in list building. Because that is how you decide you are being stuck in. Because Orks can do a lot of things really well, but they can only do it one at a time. Want lots of fast transports with fast support? You got it! Want a foot slogging army with mobile cover from a wall of metal, sure thing! Want a couple really heavily armored transports that can ram things to death and then unload on the squishy insides with a truck load of orks? Were your boyz.

    You just can't mix and match any of this stuff really.

    Mazzyx on
    03x29di.png
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also minecraft needs a concept of electricity or something. I need the ability to build mechanisms which transport fluids continuously.

    Isn't that kinda what red dust is?

    Burtletoy on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also minecraft needs a concept of electricity or something. I need the ability to build mechanisms which transport fluids continuously.

    Well the redstone allows you to create basic circuitry.

    I'm not sure if doors can stop water, though, so piping isn't possible yet.

    Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.