As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, Dreaming of E's and Morgana

• Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    what is that screenshot? 118476 gold?

94 kills, 230 min

it's a joke

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    what is that screenshot? 118476 gold?

94 kills, 230 min

it's a joke

oh I see, like Nassus.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    I think I've played with malzahar exactly once. Why is he so unpopular. Honestly, If I encountered an enemy Malzahar I wouldn't know what to do.

He was severely under powered a few patches ago, but they've recently buffed him and he does sick damage.

His only down fall is he doesn't have many escape options, but his best defense is silencing people and doing a SHIT TON of damage.

Also his ult channels damage per second and is a stun.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    more like assus, m i rite

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sounds like fun but he's 6300 and there's too many other champs I need to get.

Edit: now that Sona brings the number of champions to 60, I hope they release a new champion bundle.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    benito wrote: »
    nasus is terrible he sits around deals some good damage every team his q is up and sits there with his ult on in team fights...he has minimal dps out up at best, morde does everything better than nasus does and morde isnt even a good champion
    nasus9.jpg

;P

that has got to be the most bs screen I've ever seen.

2000 health Nasus with no deaths and 94 kills, on TT, with all your towers and shit gone?

Right.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Malz's main problem is that he doesn't really bring much more to the table than other guys.

He can do some great damage, and can push a lane like a boss, but those are minimal use. He doesn't have a snare, or a stun, or crazy teleporting or anything.

He is fun as balls though.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OK, so if Nasus is weak, who's a reasonable melee/tankish champ at the 1350 price point? My focus so far has been mostly on ranged DPS types (Tristena, Veigar, little bit of Corki) and I want to branch out a little. I did play some with Alistar when he was free last week, but I'm not sure if I want to buy him or not...

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    He was severely under powered a few patches ago, but they've recently buffed him and he does sick damage.

Malzahar is actually the first character that I ever played in League of Legends. I picked him simply because I thought he looked cool. Granted he was only available because when I started he was one of the characters that was free for the week. When he went away, Teemo was one of the free characters and a friend suggested that I try him because "he can do a lot of damage." I picked Teemo and stuck with him, then actually bought him because I wanted to be able to stick with the same character after the weekly rotation ended. (Riot gave me 5,000 IP points due to error problems).

Malzahar was OK but I was not very good with him. Granted I had only played like five games total then too. He is pretty damn expensive though. I do like his Null Void quite a deal though. Plus...he still looks cool.

Coffey on
    76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    shalmelo wrote: »
    OK, so if Nasus is weak, who's a reasonable melee/tankish champ at the 1350 price point? My focus so far has been mostly on ranged DPS types (Tristena, Veigar, little bit of Corki) and I want to branch out a little. I did play some with Alistar when he was free last week, but I'm not sure if I want to buy him or not...

Save up to 3150 and buy Garen. Spin your way to victory!

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Singed is awesome. I don't know what his IP cost is since I got him in a bundle.

I used to build him hybrid attack dmg/attack speed and AP with a Stark's Fervor and ROA and then maybe a gunblade. It worked at the time and the AD/AS went well with his ult for pushing towers.

Now I build him with move speed and AP for drawing purple circles around enemy champs.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My launcher bugged out while patching. Is this because the game isn't up yet, or it just plain fucked up and I need to reinstall?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Malz's main problem is that he doesn't really bring much more to the table than other guys.

He can do some great damage, and can push a lane like a boss, but those are minimal use. He doesn't have a snare, or a stun, or crazy teleporting or anything.

He is fun as balls though.

Actually he does have a stun and since it was buffed, people can't get out of it unless they have cleanse.\

It's like a 2.5 stun with great damage.

If you throw his dot on an enemy, put that Null Void pool below them AND do his Ult (channel damage and stun) he does SO. MUCH. DAMAGE.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Not even Cleanse will get them out of his Ulti. Suppression, bitch. You need Quicksilver Sash for it, I think.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nasus isn't bad, he's just ult reliant. Popping your R means the enemy either has to shut you down or run away.

His W is also amazing if they have any auto-attacker / melee. His Q and E are also pretty decent, and with the buff to Sheen his Q is going to hurt even more.

I used to build sheen and then straight tank items (with boots). He works differently as a tank / off tank in that he has nothing to MAKE you hit him, but if he has his ult you can't really ignore him. Also he can let your team kill Baron at 11 and/or take the 1v2 lane with ease if you have a jungler.

The downside is that he is pretty team reliant (what tank-type isn't), and you have to be on the ball about last hitting. And of course, if you get juked out of your ult, you are pretty screwed till its up again.

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    trutHtrutH Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Coffey wrote: »
    So I have been told that Teemo sucks. Anyone want to recommend me a new champion that I should play then? Preferably one that is not super-popular as trying to "race" to be the first person to pick that character is never fun.

If you like to go AD on Teemo, try Ashe (not as fast, but she can slow someone, so kind of similar that you can outrun / chase pretty well. Or Trist, she has a great escape/initiate and a decent dot early game.

But as many said stick to what you like. Personally I would just try someone who you think looks fun, and see how you like it. Decent ranged DPS heroes that I like (attack damage heroes that is):
    ashe
    trist
    twitch

Personally I've been playing a lot of twitch recently, and he can really go beastmode on a team. It's fun to be the reason your team comes out ahead. I run him with flash/ghost, and if your team has a morg/amumu/galio you can really be the difference maker with spray and pray in a team fight once you get the right items.

trutH on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    sona: roll dat face as hard as a bearcock.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The point of that screenshot is to show how much additional damage siphoning strike has the potential to accumulate. Geez people.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    cheez popples

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Not even Cleanse will get them out of his Ulti. Suppression, bitch. You need Quicksilver Sash for it, I think.

Oh SNAP, well even better than.

Malzahar is one of those champs that people JUST realized how boss he is, just no one is willing to cough up 6300 with him unless they act out his bawsness first hand.

I have done this and therefore I'm not budging on saving 6300 just for him.

He is WAYYYY too much fun, does GREAT damage and got buffed all around (his voidling too).

His ult is a great defense mechanism as well.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    cheez popples

Somebody say Popples?

popples.jpg
    I'm so sorry.
    Not really.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, I still select Heal almost always as one of my two spells. Is that generally frowned upon?

Coffey on
    76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    benitobenito Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, I still select Heal almost always as one of my two spells. Is that generally frowned upon?

yes, its pretty useless in most situations, only decent if you are laning and the person spends all he has to try and kill you or tower dive and catch them off gaurd

benito on
  • Options
    trutHtrutH Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

yes, its pretty useless in most situations, only decent if you are laning and the person spends all he has to try and kill you or tower dive and catch them off gaurd

Pretty much this, once level 1 teamfights went out the window and heal got nerfed, it's been useless unless you want to trick someone into tower diving you.

Although now most people carry ignite, so you're screwed either way.

trutH on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Malzahar is one of those champs that people JUST realized how boss he is, just no one is willing to cough up 6300 with him unless they act out his bawsness first hand.

He is WAYYYY too much fun, does GREAT damage and got buffed all around (his voidling too).

rakk he wasnt just realized, he was a very terrible champ before he was recently buffed with suppression and even now hes still not as good as annie/aniva/morgana/fiddlesticks for team fights so there are just better options for casters

benito on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    There. Had to download the game installer and repair my installation.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If you're using as an "Oh crap" spell then usually flash or ghost is better. It's mildly useful for pushing towers since it will heal the creeps as well as yourself. In team fights it's usually useless.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

rakk he wasnt just realized, he was a very terrible champ before he was recently buffed with suppression and even now hes still not as good as annie/aniva/morgana/fiddlesticks for team fights so there are just better options for casters

I don't agree.

Fiddlesticks is crap in teamfights other than his ult and screw anivia.

I can just dot their carry, watch 1/2 his health drop and laugh.

If it's a team fight, I just focus one character with his dot, void and silence and they're p much dead.

If they aren't, I use my ult or focus their carry with it.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    talkin' shit about articuno?

son

jam

she rocks socks.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I don't agree.

If it's a team fight, I just focus one character with his dot, void and silence and they're p much dead.

really screw aniva? her wall/aoe is way better than anything you can do because it stops multiple people from getting to your carry which is a very important job for casters. and fiddles fear/silence is also better than your ulti because it comes up more often in team fights...if you want to nuke someone down before the team fight really engages then just play veigar

benito on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I don't agree.

But Annie. Annie. Also known as probably the best mage in the entire game. Great farm? Check. Great burst? Double check. Multiple stuns per teamfight, including AOE. Triple check!!!!!!!!

Seriously, she is fucking amazing. Much better than Malz. That said, I do like Malz.

The one advantage Fids has is even someone with mild to moderate genetic damage can jungle with him, freeing up a solo lane. A good Fids is pretty worthwhile.

Re-adding my Vlad guide from the last thread:
    My Vlad Guide:

Mastery: 9/21/0
    Summoner: Ghost / Ignite
    Runes: MagPen / Armor / MResist / HP Quints.
    Start Items: Doran's Shield + HP Pot

Item Order: Merc Treads + Rylai's (Buy pieces as reasonable, prioritize Giant's Belt as first piece of Rylai's)
    Sunfire Cape (prioritize Giant's belt)
    Abyssal Scepter
    Zhonya's

Special: Depending on team composition, you may want to do the following:
    - Get Spirit Visage earlyish for additional HP and MRes. Use this if laned against dangerous magic users. Also rush your Boots 2.
    - Heart of Gold: Free item basically due to passive, use for anti-armor. You can potentially complete to Randuin's.
    - Force of Nature: Alternative to Abyssal depending on what you need.
    - Zhonya's: If they are heavily Phys stacked, get this instead / before Abyssal.

Skill Order
    r > q > w > e
    Note: Take one rank of E at 4, and another rank at either 10 or 12 before finishing W.

Laning: Take mid or a 2v1.

Focus on last hitting with auto attacks. Harass with Q, though if champions are too far away, use it for heals on creeps.

You gain power very rapidly on odd numbered levels. At level 9, there is no excuse for not sending enemy champs either to heal or to hell.

NEVER (inc. late game) use W for damage. NEVER. Use it only to mitigate damage, escape, or to chase / save teammates with the slow. The cooldown of this ability is very long at first, and it is important even when shorter. The timing of this ability is the most important / difficult part of playing Vlad.

Do not stack E too high unless fighting champions. It becomes increasingly expensive as you use it. I recommend going to 2 stacks and letting them fall off for the most part. The exceptions are champ v. champ and jungling.

BEWARE Ignite, Fiddle's Drain, Mord's ult, and other damage over time spells, inc. red buff. These will continue while in blood pool, and anti-heal items make you squishier.

Your ult is amazing. Use it on as many people as possible as fast as possible in team fights. Also, it does NOT attract tower aggro until it pops. Additionally, Morgan's shield will make it not work and not cost against her max prevention.

Play aggressively. Play very aggressively. Your W, when used properly, makes you one of the very hardest heroes in the entire game to kill. You can tower dive full health champs (usually). You can win 1v2s (when fed a little), You can be right in the middle of the enemy team, if you do it properly. Intelligent aggression allows you to do things no other champ in the game can.

Blue buff is excellent (you should get priority on it depending on team comp), red buff is ok, Red and Blue elixirs are awesome on Vlad. You can solo dragon around level 7 or so (don't remember specifics, just feel it out).

In team fights you off-tank / kill the squishies / ult right away so other people hit much harder. If you allies are good, you can go in, attract a lot of attention, W to safety (Assisted by, say, taunts if needed), then jump right back in after healing up a bit.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    talkin' shit about articuno?

son

jam

she rocks socks.

mang I aint talkin smack, but I'm never scured of her in team fights.

Maybe in a lane, yes, but team fights nah brah.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I don't agree.

really screw aniva? her wall/aoe is way better than anything you can do because it stops multiple people from getting to your carry which is a very important job for casters. and fiddles fear/silence is also better than your ulti because it comes up more often in team fights...if you want to nuke someone down before the team fight really engages then just play veigar

but I can't spread void AIDS with veigar.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    please keep saying malz is not the best champ

If they nerf him I will be all upset.

Motherfracker is my favorite mage in this here videogame

e: but holy shit sometimes I wish they didn't change voidling AI. Having it lose interest in a champ because your dot wore off so they go hit a caster minion instead instead of a guaranteed kill is the reason I can't get boners any more

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What's this bullshit about Nassus sucking?

He's an off-tank / tough dps / pusher, not a tank. You grab Sheen/Triforce with the rest being defense or mans-supporting items (Manamune, etc.).

R wipes out minions waves in an instant, making a tank have to tank your tower for the enemy team to push it.
    Q does high damage if you farm last hits.
    E + Imp Exhaust shuts down runners hard.
    R gets rediculous with other AoE ults and is great on teamfights.

He's a champion that's easy to get assists with and support your team

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    SoaL wrote: »

e: but holy shit sometimes I wish they didn't change voidling AI. Having it lose interest in a champ because your dot wore off so they go hit a caster minion instead instead of a guaranteed kill is the reason I can't get boners any more

This whole post is truth.

I wholeheartedly agree.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SoaL wrote: »

Yeah the AI change has been bugging me too.

If they made it so that the voidling won't change targets after the dot wears off then I think it'd be perfect.

Slicer on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nasus is a lot better than people make him out to be. He just isn't a real hey look at me type champ. He has the best slow in the game which can also shut down auto attackers, his aoe is decent and great for lane control early game. His ult is super multi purpose from escaping to clearing out the squishies in a team fight to taking down towers.

His Q + Sheen will put a serious hurt on people, especially since so many people seem to think he can't hit hard and underestimate him until he wacks them for half their health. He's basically an all around solid character who can fill any number of rolls, but won't be the main damage dealer or tank on a team.

The problem is like with all games people only want to min max so a character who is just good at everything and not great at one thing is looked down on. A good Nasus is always working behind the scenes adding to each fight and helping to win even if he doesn't come up with huge kill numbers. I usually end up with tons of assists when I play him though.

Drool on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    shalmelo wrote: »

don't let these lies and slander fool you. nassus is the opposite of weak. he isn't for everyone, but he is still a very good champ when built right.

garen or gragas might be good champs for you to try. they are tough and still deal good damage.
    trutH wrote: »

Pretty much this, once level 1 teamfights went out the window and heal got nerfed, it's been useless unless you want to trick someone into tower diving you.

Although now most people carry ignite, so you're screwed either way.

well, i consider heal a bad summoner ability, but last night it cause our top (xin/akali) to get double killed 3 times against (kass/xin). so it still has it's uses.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh, new thread smell already.

As I was saying, sometimes it is the enemy team that gets the mouth-breathers.
    bestxinbuild.jpg

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.