As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, Dreaming of E's and Morgana

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    but olaf can jungle w/o smite.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Blitz or amumu getting her seems pretty dumb

They were trying to do that today but it's just move left right since you move so fast you can dodge the grab/pull

For some reason all the MFs I saw were taking middle. Bandage toss from the bushes with my 2 sunfire capes/despair/tantrum and down she goes.

That should be like

25 minutes in

give or take, yeah. No clue why she was still hanging around mid by herself. Happened 2 games (different person) in a row.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    that olaf had the most ridiculous sudden flash ganks over walls, or even just running into my team with lizard then flashing right next to me (sona) and ulting cause he knew they'd DPs him while the team killed them and i would die in less than 1.5 seconds

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    AP kog'maw is pretty viable if you're team can't dodge artillery >: [

Yarr, dude.

Fuck Living Artillery, its all about Void Ooze and Caustic Spittle, Living Artillery scales for shit with AP, I hardly use it when going AP Kog'Maw

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well, I think I'm getting the hang of Sona now. Last game I played her I did great at pissing off the enemy by not dying and getting away almost every time they focused me and did good at protecting my allies.

Too bad my team sucked that game and we had a mid-MF who did 0/9/1, of course buying snowball items.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    i am pretty sure that despite the actual AP ratio being "low" for living artillery it scales with the "extra 150% damage to champions"

so the ap ratio is actually 150% more than you think

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Too bad my team sucked that game and we had a mid-MF who did 0/9/1, of course buying snowball items.

dude, they part of his build order

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm also amused at how good Shen and Mordi can work together in a lane.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    trutHtrutH Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know what I haven't done in awhile? Have a 5's team run all smite and dps classes rush madreds first item to do baron at 15 in about 30 seconds.

I need this.

trutH on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Stragint wrote: »
    Can't get anything done on Yi, Xin, Twisted Fate, and Trynd. Also tried Nidalee out, couldn't get shit for kills.

Only champs I seem to be able to get kills on are Kaiser, Veigar, Ryze, Kog'Maw (AP/AS), Garen, Fiddlesticks, and Warwick.

I get decent kills as Singed, Urgot, Shaco, and Karthus. Sometimes an insane amount with Singed, Shaco and Karthus. But I can't do shit as Yi, Xin, TF, and Trynd. I used to rock shit with them though that was before I hit level 30 so that might have something to do with it.
    Kills are not the defining stat of how well your champion performed. ;X
    The Ender wrote: »
    ...Okay; I really don't like games with Sona in them. She changes the dynamics too much. You basically have to focus her right away, or you'll get trashed in the team fight. It feels dumb.
    Welcome to every new champion not named Galio (because he blows and he's a tank).

Plus, I mean, she's a support healer. It's like leaving a Soraka alive the entire team fight.
    Tag wrote: »
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Tag wrote: »
    Man I am enjoying Sona, though I'm still not sure she is as good as Janna. I have too much experience with the latter to judge the former after only a night.

3/0/22 (lol level 25), Magic Pen Reds, MP/5 Yellow, CDR Blues
    Doran's Ring > Catalyst > Boots > Locket > Boots2 > Soul Shroud / Soul Stealer so far.

Locket is great in that you can just chain shift without any worries (literally, you can not run out of mana in normal play) and the health and 10% CDR are so useful. I would love to get some AP, but honestly, with the CDR from Locket and Shroud, even soul stealer is hard to justify.

Edit: For math's sake, you would need ~300 AP to beat 40% CDR on Q spam, and 360 to break even on W. CDR just seems like the better investment.

CDR Runes and Masteries, Soul Shroud, and DFG should be more than enough to hit the 40% cap. From there, just stack on AP. Here's a build I like with her: Soul Shroud, Swiftness/Sorc's Boots, Lichbane (Sheen first, then bump up AP with other items), DFG, Zhonya's, Archangel's Staff (Get Tear very, very early on. Like, after Soul Shroud).

40% CDR and enough AP to make her a good healer and Q nuker, on top of stacking that passive to help Lichbane add a TON of nuke damage to that third-song Autoattack.

Well, to be fair, my build ends at 5500ish which is when I start stacking AP anyway.

Soul Shroud, Tear, Boots, Litchbane is already 7750 (5500 at Sheen). So very late game we probably look pretty similar, I just like getting the survivability and CDR up right away; you wouldn't have 40% CDR with your build until you had nearly twice as much gold as I do.
    I still say you've got better choices than the DFG. Fiven her role as an aura champ the Frozen Heart is pretty much tailor made for her (which is good, since the only other champ I would build it on is tank Morgana).

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    trutH wrote: »
    You know what I haven't done in awhile? Have a 5's team run all smite and dps classes rush madreds first item to do baron at 15 in about 30 seconds.

I need this.

You can get the same effect by having an Udyr and Janna on your team, albiet slower :( Smite team is fun!

10 pages late, but Nasus has the most amazing anti carry slow in the entire game. I was in a game where their Tristana went 8/0 in the laning phase and had an Infinity Edge when we got to teamfights. I simply slowed her and charged directly at her every fight and my team followed my lead. We won that game easily.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It felt good when we downed the other team's Sona. Even moreso when I was Cho-rush into their blob, eat the stuns, Cleanse, pop up Sona, cone-silence, and then NOM NOM NOM dead Sona. I kept taking one for the team but after she dropped their team would scatter and we would chase each one down and destroy them.

We eventually lost due to a lot of avoidable deaths on our end.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    NanakiNanaki Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Free Blitz week reminded me of a funny Blitz story I thought I'd share. One time a few months ago, a group of my friends were over and we all played some games of LoL together, like the nerdz we are. So its game time and the group of 5 of us are queued up together havin a grand old time. We get in this one game where we're doing pretty good, we kill a few mans and start pushing one of their inhib towers. After poking at the tower a bit, we notice they're respawning and decide to 'b'. Most of us go somewhere safe to do this, but not my good friend Jechrin. Instead he decides to stand a few feet away from their tower and push b there.

I'm all like "dude you're about to die". I see blitz coming in and I'm like "dude you're gona get grabbed and it's gonna be silly". Of course he's all like "I'm fine, don't worry".

So here I am watching him stand in the middle of a lane with blue circles around him as a blitz is getting closer and closer. The blitz gets close enough for a grab and goes for it. Blitz's hand attaches to Jech the exact second he gets ported back to base, but it follows him all the way there. So there's this HUGE robotic arm stretching across the entire map for a second, followed by Jechrin being pulled back through the woods accross the river all the way back to his original position to instantly die.

The room EXPLODES with laughter as Jechrin starts FREAKING OUT. My one friend who didn't see what happened kept asking us what was going on. All I could manage to tell him was "Jech got grabbed", to which he responded "So, that shit happens all the time". And I was all like, "you don't understand man, you just don't understand".

Most hilarious thing I've seen in this game yet. Also, most epic Blitz grab ever!!!

Nanaki on
    Let's look death in the face and say, "Whatever, man!"
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nanaki wrote: »
    Free Blitz week reminded me of a funny Blitz story I thought I'd share. One time a few months ago, a group of my friends were over and we all played some games of LoL together, like the nerdz we are. So its game time and the group of 5 of us are queued up together havin a grand old time. We get in this one game where we're doing pretty good, we kill a few mans and start pushing one of their inhib towers. After poking at the tower a bit, we notice they're respawning and decide to 'b'. Most of us go somewhere safe to do this, but not my good friend Jechrin. Instead he decides to stand a few feet away from their tower and push b there.

I'm all like "dude you're about to die". I see blitz coming in and I'm like "dude you're gona get grabbed and it's gonna be silly". Of course he's all like "I'm fine, don't worry".

So here I am watching him stand in the middle of a lane with blue circles around him as a blitz is getting closer and closer. The blitz gets close enough for a grab and goes for it. Blitz's hand attaches to Jech the exact second he gets ported back to base, but it follows him all the way there. So there's this HUGE robotic arm stretching across the entire map for a second, followed by Jechrin being pulled back through the woods accross the river all the way back to his original position to instantly die.

The room EXPLODES with laughter as Jechrin starts FREAKING OUT. My one friend who didn't see what happened kept asking us what was going on. All I could manage to tell him was "Jech got grabbed", to which he responded "So, that shit happens all the time". And I was all like, "you don't understand man, you just don't understand".

Most hilarious thing I've seen in this game yet. Also, most epic Blitz grab ever!!!

:^: Wish I could've seen that, I can only imagine how badass that blitz must have felt in that moment.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    i am pretty sure that despite the actual AP ratio being "low" for living artillery it scales with the "extra 150% damage to champions"

I always forget about the 150% but either way it doesn't really help that much late game. All my damage comes from Caustic Spittle and Void Ooze, I only use Artillery to shock check bushes and major creeps. I also drop them behind enemies in a team fight when I know they are about to run

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    edited September 2010

I always forget about the 150% but either way it doesn't really help that much late game. All my damage comes from Caustic Spittle and Void Ooze, I only use Artillery to shock check bushes and major creeps. I also drop them behind enemies in a team fight when I know they are about to run

well, it is an extremely spammable damaging ability with a 0.75 (to champions) AP ratio so i don't see why you wouldn't use it as much as possible in a teamfight

i mean, if you are just gonna hit E and Q and then sit around in a teamfight waiting for them to come off cooldown...

i have killed people purely through living artillery

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    fuckin

sivirs

that

are

never

where

the

teamfight

is

fuck

this

game

also that is the last time i ever play ranked because the people in there are 10 times worse than people in normal

Dude though, Sivir isn't that helpful in a team fight anyway.. Just would be an easy kill.

From 100+ game sivir :(

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nanaki wrote: »

oh my god we need to replicate this

also fuck sona is so annoying

PLUCK PLUCK PLUCK PLUCK PLUCK

riot please install a mute on her instrument (another one)

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    fuckin

sivirs

that

are

never

where

the

teamfight

is

fuck

this

game

also that is the last time i ever play ranked because the people in there are 10 times worse than people in normal

Dude though, Sivir isn't that helpful in a team fight anyway.. Just would be an easy kill.

From 100+ game sivir :(

oh, i know this is exactly the thing that sivir is SUPPOSED to do

doesn't make it any less unfun!

also laning against sivir is SHIT when she levels ricochet first

also this sivir went straight for some item (i forget what) and then stacked zeals

even without her ult she could never be caught after backdooring

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I think it depends. If you are good with the boomerang blade skill shot, there's not a lot to be gained for putting in more than 2 points into ricochet while laning. 2 points gives you just enough harass and allows you to have a big BB to potentially get an early kill

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Garen's still awesome, that small nerf did nothing.

Am I the only one who likes Galio? I tend to do pretty well with him, especially on AoE teams, but his early game harass and pushing ability is really good for a tank.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    AP Sion feels wrong.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    i wish i could hit with galio's Q for shit

also i am really curious as to what they believe that garen nerf did

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    gaylio's not terrible, i think he just falls in to the 'other characters can do the same stuff but slightly better' trap.

with some AP on him, he can really dish out the damage. but, his regular abilities are rather generic nukes (sure the tornado makes you run fast; but, how often does that decide a team fight). and, you know, his ult is awesome.

i find him comparable to amumu, with amumu being the more flexible/useful.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    VaLiantine wrote: »
    AP Sion feels like a million asians on this dick.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

well, it is an extremely spammable damaging ability with a 0.75 (to champions) AP ratio so i don't see why you wouldn't use it as much as possible in a teamfight

i mean, if you are just gonna hit E and Q and then sit around in a teamfight waiting for them to come off cooldown...

i have killed people purely through living artillery

I spam it during team fights just not as often as I suppose I should. Just doesn't feel as strong as using Q/W/E, usually by the time I pop Q/E and then W the fight ends within a second or two. I did spam it hardcore in a cluster fuck of a fight though. Everyone was in the bushes and it was a big team fight. Walked away with a triple kill which was pretty nice.

Artillery is by far the best ultimate next to Karthus for early game though. One I get it during lane phase its over for the other team. I get a ton of kills using it during the lane stuff.

Stragint on

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    \
    also i am really curious as to what they believe that garen nerf did

olol it maed him balancd. L2P noov.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just played a game as Sona with my sister playing as Janna. It was so awesome! Everyone was fast, nobody died, nobody got away. The enemy team even had a scary Yi, but our Blitzcrank would just grab him whenever he got close.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What was the nerf to Garen?

Also Played last night as the new Mordekaiser, gotta admit, he's pretty OP now. nothing can keep him down now that he's sporting the most Epic of Axes.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Am I the only one who likes Galio? I tend to do pretty well with him, especially on AoE teams, but his early game harass and pushing ability is really good for a tank.

Merc Treads make Galio's ultimate usless.

Stragint on

• Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    VaLiantine wrote: »
    AP Sion feels like a million asians on this dick.

It's so good. Big pimp shield and a stun that doubles as a nuke.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    5% less damage reduction on courage's activated

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    What was the nerf to Garen?

Also Played last night as the new Mordekaiser, gotta admit, he's pretty OP now. nothing can keep him down now that he's sporting the most Epic of Axes.

Reduced Courage damage reduction from 35% to 30%

Stragint on

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i think i'll start playing more malphite. he can jungle well, and is a good initiator. plus he fits well with the other characters i play a lot. like udyr and nasus.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    They just keep slowly nerfing Garen, but they will eventually realize that doing it over a period of patches wont help.

Stragint on

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

You can end the ult whenever you want so not quite

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    5% less damage reduction on courage's activated

Yeah, someone asked me this in a game last night and I straight up forgot that he was even in the patch notes.

I was like "Pfffft, no, they didn't nerf his ass."

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

You can end the ult whenever you want so not quite

Or snare them, or have your team do anything. This is the worst argument against him. At worst its a decent length AoE stun that forces the enemy team to buy Merc Treads to counter.

I played with a Galio buddy as Sona for a couple games last night, the two do very very well together. Righteous Gust and Song of Celerity compliment each other very nicely, and chaining Galio Ult > Sona Ult is basically game over for your opponents.

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    i want to buy garen out of boredom but i don't think he was my kinda guy when i played him for free

but to be fair i played him f'real's DPS instead of "hurr durr sunfire garen outlasts everybody and gets away from everything"

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I get the impression that they aren't nerfing Garen because they know that he'll stop being played as much when the meta shifts. Not really sure what bulky bullshit can shift into though. Maybe they'll rework armor/MR again or reduce some natural bulk

TannerMS on