As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Tourney] Blood Bowl: Matches resume January 1st.

1272829303133»

• cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd be up for it, though I might not be online till a little later (depending on when I wake up :-P )

cpugeek13 on
    edited February 2011
    For anyone heres interested, some guys at the RelicNews.com forums have started an open league and are looking for players. I've played a couple matches with them, and they seem pretty nice. If anyone is interested, you can visit this thread on their forums:

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?257291-BloodBowl-LE-Relicnews-Doltathon-VII-Let-the-RAAAAAGE%28TM%29-continue.

cpugeek13 on
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    thought i'd bump this up since I finally picked it up seeing as how it's 9.99 on steam this weekend or 7.92 on direct2drive, anyone still playing/want to play a few games in the near future? I haven't played since fumbbl a year or two ago so I need to get my fix now :0

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I also just bought it this weekend. I'd be up for some games whenever.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
    edited April 2011
    If anyone wants to start a new league, count me in.

cpugeek13 on
    edited April 2011
    gah just tried an online game..i'd forgotten what a harsh mistress blood bowl is.. opponent makes perfect rolls all game and I fail on 4 separate 2+ ball pickups leaving me with a score of 0.

taliosfalcon on
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Are we all getting this because it's 10$? Because I could totally get in on it.

Sceptre on
    edited April 2011
    Yes, that is something you should do :P So far i'm just throwing all my teams into the Auld league since it lets you use matchmaking and challenge whoever you want for private matches..except my favorite dark elf team was just absolutely demolished by skaven who didn't even have a rate ogre, 4 deaths in the first half, down to 3 thanks to my apoth ...*sigh*

taliosfalcon on
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    How does this compare to playing FUMMBL?

Sceptre on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    How is this 8 bucks on Direct 2 Drive? It says 9.99 on their site.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
    edited April 2011
    How is this 8 bucks on Direct 2 Drive? It says 9.99 on their site.

you can use the 20% off code "showers" with it

taliosfalcon on
    edited April 2011
    Thanks very much. Hopefully this will help convince my friends to get it.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sceptre wrote: »

It's living Rule Book 6

There are bugs.

That's pretty much the comparison. I like playing on both.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I got it on PSP. I'd love to play with anyone. If a PSP league was made (I'm not sure if it can be cross platform), I'd be totally down.

samurai6966 on
    edited April 2011

It's living Rule Book 6

There are bugs.

i'm finding games/turns go by a lot quicker then they did on fumbbl i'm assuming due to it being clearer in client what rolls are necessary, but yeah that's about the only other thing.

taliosfalcon on
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

It's living Rule Book 6

There are bugs.

i'm finding games/turns go by a lot quicker then they did on fumbbl i'm assuming due to it being clearer in client what rolls are necessary, but yeah that's about the only other thing.

The fact that it also enforces the turn time limit is key in increasing turn speed I find.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I got it on PSP. I'd love to play with anyone. If a PSP league was made (I'm not sure if it can be cross platform), I'd be totally down.

PSP version is, sadly, the old pre-Dark Elf Edition version.

It can't go cross platform at all, and the PSP version in particular is notoriously buggy and bad.

Sorry, man. :(

Maddoc on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This thing on the PS3? If so, I can get it one way or another.

samurai6966 on
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, yeah. I also bought this. I play the tabletop very casually and am terrible. What do you need to get in a player match? Steam ID?

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Visti wrote: »
    So, yeah. I also bought this. I play the tabletop very casually and am terrible. What do you need to get in a player match? Steam ID?

This is a bit late, but you need to join a league that has direct challenges as well as matchmaking. The default for this is Auld World, I think. You and whomever you're challenging need to create teams and apply for the league, then click on each other in the list of coaches and send a challenge.

It's something along those lines, I've never actually done it.

So I looked around on Cyanide's Blood Bowl forums, and found a 'mentoring league' of sorts because I am so noob at this game. It's called the Shark Cage and they're part of a larger group called the Rage Mountain Blood Bow League (or RMBBL). They've got a new league starting called Under Mountain which I decided to join just for the experience, and hopefully fun.

They're shooting for 48 teams and currently need 5 more to hit their goal. In case anyone here is interested in joining, you need to register on their forums here and apply for the Under Mountain league in Blood Bowl.

Kristmas Kthulhu on